Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Arguments for the Existence of Any God

TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:00:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Oh, and also: My computer's about to die... so I'll start answering any responses tomorrow.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 10:27:55 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Hi there! For starters, there is only one God and no other, regardless of what God is in any language. But before I say anything else, as a very religious person and a believer in God, I had the utmost respect for atheists, their views and their debating skills. I'm am definitely not here to say that, "if you don't believe in God, you're going to Hell" or anything absurd and ridiculous rude like that. I am willing to have this discussion, but I will have to let you know that my arguments and points will mostly be influenced by my Religion, the Baha'i Faith. If you have a chance, read on the general info on the Baha'i Faith for a better understanding :).
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 12:04:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/2/2016 10:27:55 PM, persianimmortal wrote:

Hi there! For starters, there is only one God and no other, regardless of what God is in any language.

Not necessarily. Many polytheistic religions exist.

But before I say anything else, as a very religious person and a believer in God, I had the utmost respect for atheists, their views and their debating skills. I'm am definitely not here to say that, "if you don't believe in God, you're going to Hell" or anything absurd and ridiculous rude like that.

Thank you.

I am willing to have this discussion, but I will have to let you know that my arguments and points will mostly be influenced by my Religion, the Baha'i Faith. If you have a chance, read on the general info on the Baha'i Faith for a better understanding :).

Ok. I, as an American, am really only knowledgeable in Christianity, Judaism, and somewhat on Islam. I'll look into Baha'i. Where are you from, anyways?
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:20:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
But before I say anything else, as a very religious person and a believer in God, I had the utmost respect for atheists, their views and their debating skills.

I apologize, I really didn't mean to say had...I totally meant to say have and will continue to have. My bad haha :)

Ok. I, as an American, am really only knowledgeable in Christianity, Judaism, and somewhat on Islam. I'll look into Baha'i. Where are you from, anyways?

We can debate on grounds that you are comfortable with, if that is your preferrence (i.e. Christianity, Judaism and Islam). Just note that by offering my Religion as the source of my arguments, I have no intention on pressing my views on you, nor would I debate the legitimacy of my Religion, given that we are going to be looking at arguments for the existence of God, regardless of the Religion.

I am Canadian by birth, but by blood I am Iranian :)
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 12:09:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:20:23 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
We can debate on grounds that you are comfortable with, if that is your preferrence (i.e. Christianity, Judaism and Islam). Just note that by offering my Religion as the source of my arguments, I have no intention on pressing my views on you, nor would I debate the legitimacy of my Religion, given that we are going to be looking at arguments for the existence of God, regardless of the Religion.
Ok
I am Canadian by birth, but by blood I am Iranian :)
Cool!
Fire at will.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 12:14:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Fire at will.

My friend, given that I believe in God and you are seeking the proof behind God's existence, it would be best if you started the conversation with your points/question/arguments regarding the topic. :)
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 12:17:31 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 12:14:43 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
Fire at will.

My friend, given that I believe in God and you are seeking the proof behind God's existence, it would be best if you started the conversation with your points/question/arguments regarding the topic. :)

I said on the first post of this thread "Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. "
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 12:55:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Alright. Why not. I pick Tammuz. Any arguments on the existence or divinity of Tammuz? Are you at all familiar with Tammuz?
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:29:02 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 12:55:24 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Alright. Why not. I pick Tammuz. Any arguments on the existence or divinity of Tammuz? Are you at all familiar with Tammuz?

No, but my counter-arguments and refutations will probably still work on him/her/it nonetheless.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:55:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 8:29:02 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
No, but my counter-arguments and refutations will probably still work on him/her/it nonetheless.

Okay. I don't know exactly what you expect me to present. I know you have a limited access to the forum, so, take your time, and if there is something specific I can give you regarding information let me know.

Tammuzz, or Dumuzi as he was known in the ancient Sumerian texts dating from the 18th century B.C.E. was the deity over whom the women of Jerusalem were weeping (612 B.C.E. Ezekiel chapter 8) He was a King, deified posthumously as was the custom with their dying gods in Sumer, He was the King of Erech, many scholars think he was very likely Nimrod, of the Bible, and actually, that fits very well.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:52:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Tammuzz, or Dumuzi as he was known in the ancient Sumerian texts dating from the 18th century B.C.E. was the deity over whom the women of Jerusalem were weeping (612 B.C.E. Ezekiel chapter 8) He was a King, deified posthumously as was the custom with their dying gods in Sumer, He was the King of Erech, many scholars think he was very likely Nimrod, of the Bible, and actually, that fits very well.

Ok. I would argue Tammuz was a king, yes, but his life ended at his death. He was not deified because deities don't exist.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 12:02:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 11:52:41 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
Ok. I would argue Tammuz was a king, yes, but his life ended at his death. He was not deified because deities don't exist.

Seriously?

Well, hell, I didn't have a chance did I? You've run circles 'round me, logically!

Wait a minute! Why do deities not exist? How do you know? What is a deity?
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:33:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I said on the first post of this thread "Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. "

The principle of the oneness of religion and science. Any religious belief which is not conformable with scientific proof and investigation is superstition, for true science is reason and reality, and religion is essentially reality and pure reason; therefore, the two must correspond. Religious teaching which is at variance with science and reason is human invention and imagination unworthy of acceptance, for the antithesis and opposite of knowledge is superstition born of the ignorance of man. If we say religion is opposed to science, we lack knowledge of either true science or true religion, for both are founded upon the premises and conclusions of reason, and both must bear its test.

Now, what are your thoughts and comments regarding this? Just wanted to gather your perspective :)
persianimmortal
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:35:55 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 12:17:31 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/4/2016 12:14:43 AM, persianimmortal wrote:
Fire at will.

My friend, given that I believe in God and you are seeking the proof behind God's existence, it would be best if you started the conversation with your points/question/arguments regarding the topic. :)

I said on the first post of this thread "Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. "

The principle of the oneness of religion and science. Any religious belief which is not conformable with scientific proof and investigation is superstition, for true science is reason and reality, and religion is essentially reality and pure reason; therefore, the two must correspond. Religious teaching which is at variance with science and reason is human invention and imagination unworthy of acceptance, for the antithesis and opposite of knowledge is superstition born of the ignorance of man. If we say religion is opposed to science, we lack knowledge of either true science or true religion, for both are founded upon the premises and conclusions of reason, and both must bear its test.

Now, what are your thoughts and comments regarding this? Just wanted to gather your perspective :)
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:47:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 6:33:06 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
I said on the first post of this thread "Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. "

The principle of the oneness of religion and science. Any religious belief which is not conformable with scientific proof and investigation is superstition, for true science is reason and reality, and religion is essentially reality and pure reason; therefore, the two must correspond. Religious teaching which is at variance with science and reason is human invention and imagination unworthy of acceptance, for the antithesis and opposite of knowledge is superstition born of the ignorance of man. If we say religion is opposed to science, we lack knowledge of either true science or true religion, for both are founded upon the premises and conclusions of reason, and both must bear its test.

Now, what are your thoughts and comments regarding this? Just wanted to gather your perspective :)

True science is not reason, science is reality, philosophy is reality. Religion is creativity. Very little correspondence between the two extremes, but philosophy delves into science, and religion delves into philosophy.

The only convincing theory for God is deism (aka God caused the universe via the Big Bang, but hasn't interfered with it since), which is a mild form of God of the Gaps, which prohibits scientific growth.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 6:52:55 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 12:02:09 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/5/2016 11:52:41 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
Ok. I would argue Tammuz was a king, yes, but his life ended at his death. He was not deified because deities don't exist.

Seriously?

Well, hell, I didn't have a chance did I? You've run circles 'round me, logically!

Wait a minute! Why do deities not exist? How do you know? What is a deity?

DIETY-
noun
a god or goddess

It is impossible to prove a negative, ergo, the Burden of Proof lies with the side promoting the existence of deities, and I have seen no proof, therefore, they don't exist. My complete reasoning is in this debate http://www.debate.org... .
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:09:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:20:23 PM, persianimmortal wrote:
But before I say anything else, as a very religious person and a believer in God, I had the utmost respect for atheists, their views and their debating skills.

I apologize, I really didn't mean to say had...I totally meant to say have and will continue to have. My bad haha :)

Ok. I, as an American, am really only knowledgeable in Christianity, Judaism, and somewhat on Islam. I'll look into Baha'i. Where are you from, anyways?

We can debate on grounds that you are comfortable with, if that is your preferrence (i.e. Christianity, Judaism and Islam). Just note that by offering my Religion as the source of my arguments, I have no intention on pressing my views on you, nor would I debate the legitimacy of my Religion, given that we are going to be looking at arguments for the existence of God, regardless of the Religion.

I am Canadian by birth, but by blood I am Iranian :)

Zoroastrian or Muslim ?
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:11:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok

Frankly speaking , There are too many Demi Gods . But I will keep it to 3 . Krishna , Buddha and Sun ( Though he is revered as Demi God or deva ) .
dgm9
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:12:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/2/2016 6:00:26 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Oh, and also: My computer's about to die... so I'll start answering any responses tomorrow.

Go to voiceofthesignand this fellow will give you proof not only that there is a God but the Lord of the bible is God @aol.com
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:16:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok

Krishna and Buddha are Avatars of Vishnu .
Vishnu is a Preserver God ( In general ) , Monotheistic God ( In Vaishnava ) .

O scion of the Bharata dynasty, whenever there is a decline in Dharma and increase of adharma, then do I manifest Myself.

For the protection of the pious, the destruction of the evil-doers, and establishing virtue, I manifest Myself in every age.
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:18:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:12:45 PM, dgm9 wrote:
At 3/2/2016 6:00:26 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Oh, and also: My computer's about to die... so I'll start answering any responses tomorrow.

Go to voiceofthesignand this fellow will give you proof not only that there is a God but the Lord of the bible is God @aol.com

The guy has not responded yet. Just tell me your 'evidence'.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:19:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:16:26 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok

Krishna and Buddha are Avatars of Vishnu .
Vishnu is a Preserver God ( In general ) , Monotheistic God ( In Vaishnava ) .

O scion of the Bharata dynasty, whenever there is a decline in Dharma and increase of adharma, then do I manifest Myself.

For the protection of the pious, the destruction of the evil-doers, and establishing virtue, I manifest Myself in every age.

Give me proof.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:26:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:19:49 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:16:26 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok

Krishna and Buddha are Avatars of Vishnu .
Vishnu is a Preserver God ( In general ) , Monotheistic God ( In Vaishnava ) .

O scion of the Bharata dynasty, whenever there is a decline in Dharma and increase of adharma, then do I manifest Myself.

For the protection of the pious, the destruction of the evil-doers, and establishing virtue, I manifest Myself in every age.

Give me proof.

There are enough proofs of Krishna and Buddha .

Proof of Impersonal reality is next to impossible for me .
Hindu God is Impersonal ( The one that doesn't exist ) .
It then manifests into Creative energy . After creation it manifests into preserver energy . In the end it manifests into destructive energy .

After destruction comes recreation and process continues for ever . Hence Cosmos is eternal .

I don't need the proof . You are the one who needs a proof . Go find it through Science .
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:42:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:26:40 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:19:49 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:16:26 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok

Krishna and Buddha are Avatars of Vishnu .
Vishnu is a Preserver God ( In general ) , Monotheistic God ( In Vaishnava ) .

O scion of the Bharata dynasty, whenever there is a decline in Dharma and increase of adharma, then do I manifest Myself.

For the protection of the pious, the destruction of the evil-doers, and establishing virtue, I manifest Myself in every age.

Give me proof.

There are enough proofs of Krishna and Buddha .

Proof of Impersonal reality is next to impossible for me .
Hindu God is Impersonal ( The one that doesn't exist ) .
It then manifests into Creative energy . After creation it manifests into preserver energy . In the end it manifests into destructive energy .

After destruction comes recreation and process continues for ever . Hence Cosmos is eternal .

I don't need the proof . You are the one who needs a proof . Go find it through Science .

The proof does not exist, because they don't exist. Nothing improvable exists until it is proven. If you have verifiable proof, that is the only argument which I will concede. I will convert, if I have proof.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:46:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 7:42:09 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:26:40 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:19:49 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:16:26 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:09:13 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:08:19 PM, Pandit wrote:
At 3/2/2016 5:58:52 AM, TheOregonian wrote:
Hello! I am an atheist. Post an argument for the existence of any theistic God. I will refute or concede the point to the best of my ability. Things to note: I am not able to come on this website more than twice a day (and that's if I'm lucky). So, depending on how many responses this gets, I may be unable to reply to them all.

Lets start with Krishna and Buddha .

Ok

Krishna and Buddha are Avatars of Vishnu .
Vishnu is a Preserver God ( In general ) , Monotheistic God ( In Vaishnava ) .

O scion of the Bharata dynasty, whenever there is a decline in Dharma and increase of adharma, then do I manifest Myself.

For the protection of the pious, the destruction of the evil-doers, and establishing virtue, I manifest Myself in every age.

Give me proof.

There are enough proofs of Krishna and Buddha .

Proof of Impersonal reality is next to impossible for me .
Hindu God is Impersonal ( The one that doesn't exist ) .
It then manifests into Creative energy . After creation it manifests into preserver energy . In the end it manifests into destructive energy .

After destruction comes recreation and process continues for ever . Hence Cosmos is eternal .

I don't need the proof . You are the one who needs a proof . Go find it through Science .

The proof does not exist, because they don't exist. Nothing improvable exists until it is proven. If you have verifiable proof, that is the only argument which I will concede. I will convert, if I have proof.

"Do not be led by others , awaken your own mind , amass your own experience , and decide for yourself your own path."

Conversion means nothing to me . Follow what you believe in . All paths are eventually leading or culminating into it .
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 9:12:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 6:52:55 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
DIETY-
noun
a god or goddess

It is impossible to prove a negative, ergo, the Burden of Proof lies with the side promoting the existence of deities, and I have seen no proof, therefore, they don't exist. My complete reasoning is in this debate http://www.debate.org... .

Well, I think that - here's what I'll do. You say there is no deities because there is no evidence of a deity; I asked you what a deity is and you answered correctly, a god or goddess. That isn't a very thorough response, but it is accurate. So, here is your evidence.

A god is anything or anyone that is attributed might or is venerated. A Dictionary might put it like this. Here is the evidence of those things.

1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) a supernatural being, who is worshipped as the controller of some part of the universe or some aspect of life in the world or is the personification of some force.
This one you have to take on faith.

2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) an image, idol, or symbolic representation of such a deity
Here is an image of the God Dagon, mentioned in the Bible. https://upload.wikimedia.org...

3. any person or thing to which excessive attention is given: money was his god.
That's an easy one. http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com...

4. a man who has qualities regarded as making him superior to other men
Eric Clapton is a common example. http://41.media.tumblr.com...

5. (Theatre) (in plural) the gallery of a theatre.
The upper balcony in a theatre and the people who are seated there are called gods because they are the wealthy and powerful people, considered more mighty (gods) than everyone else. https://billandmarciasvacations.files.wordpress.com...

4 out of 5 isn't bad.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
TheOregonian
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 11:21:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/6/2016 9:12:33 PM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/6/2016 6:52:55 PM, TheOregonian wrote:
DIETY-
noun
a god or goddess

It is impossible to prove a negative, ergo, the Burden of Proof lies with the side promoting the existence of deities, and I have seen no proof, therefore, they don't exist. My complete reasoning is in this debate http://www.debate.org... .

Well, I think that - here's what I'll do. You say there is no deities because there is no evidence of a deity; I asked you what a deity is and you answered correctly, a god or goddess. That isn't a very thorough response, but it is accurate. So, here is your evidence.

noun
2.
(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

A god is anything or anyone that is attributed might or is venerated. A Dictionary might put it like this. Here is the evidence of those things.

Roman Emperors were venerated. But they were not gods. I hate to say this because it sounds religious, but they were false gods (like all other gods). They still lie cold in their graves.

1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) a supernatural being, who is worshipped as the controller of some part of the universe or some aspect of life in the world or is the personification of some force.
This one you have to take on faith.

2. (Ecclesiastical Terms) an image, idol, or symbolic representation of such a deity
Here is an image of the God Dagon, mentioned in the Bible. https://upload.wikimedia.org...

"The Thinker" is not a man, it is a statue of a man. Representation of something does not make it that thing.

3. any person or thing to which excessive attention is given: money was his god.
That's an easy one. http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com...

That is metaphorical. Saying the drums were the heartbeat of the ban does not make them, in actuality, a heart.

4. a man who has qualities regarded as making him superior to other men
Eric Clapton is a common example. http://41.media.tumblr.com...

Again, a metaphor.

5. (Theatre) (in plural) the gallery of a theatre.
The upper balcony in a theatre and the people who are seated there are called gods because they are the wealthy and powerful people, considered more mighty (gods) than everyone else. https://billandmarciasvacations.files.wordpress.com...

I've never heard this used before. It's also a metaphor.

4 out of 5 isn't bad.

Really? I count 0 out of 5.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people are so full of doubts.
-Bertrand Russell

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Guatama Siddharta, also known as Buddha