Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Proof the Christian god is evil.

Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 3:01:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.

Note to self: Do not be a wizard.
HardRockHallelujah
Posts: 163
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:00:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
Show me anywhere in the Bible where it says to put to death someone who works on the Sabbath.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 11:00:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
Actually it proves you missed the short bus to idiot school and wound up developing your intellect at the nearest heroine park. Sucks your mommy and daddy didn't love you....poor thing.
augcaesarustus
Posts: 368
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 1:33:13 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
--
It's important to understand that the Hebrew Scriptures were written within the context of tribal culture. As such, the values and beliefs reflected in the Hebrew Scriptures were a story of how people behaved. Second, God didn't 'command' anyone to do anything; what is written in the Hebrew Scriptures was a person's retelling of history, mythology and society. God doesn't talk to people, or command them to do anything.

Obviously, many passages in the Hebrew Scriptures are no longer appropriate for today's society, and I'd go so far as to say that they are out-right wrong, morally. Of course, 'context' only lets you off the hook so far - not everyone in a certain time or place acted in a particular way or shared the same beliefs. It's not correct to assert that every single man in Ancient Israel was misogynistic.

Also, if you're talking about the Bible, there's also the New Testament, whose God is portrayed as quite different to that retold in the Hebrew Scriptures.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:07:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 11:00:52 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
Actually it proves you missed the short bus to idiot school and wound up developing your intellect at the nearest heroine park. Sucks your mommy and daddy didn't love you....poor thing.

Haha! I'm guessing your iq is about 50? The fact is the old testament has a set of values suitable for the bronze age. You would think an almighty God would promote modern morals and values as opposed to the ridiculous things stated above. This shows that all scripture is the work of man and did not involve a divine being? If you believe in the Christian god you should also follow his medieval laws and morals.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:15:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:00:21 AM, HardRockHallelujah wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
Show me anywhere in the Bible where it says to put to death someone who works on the Sabbath.

Moses hesitated when a man was brought to him for gathering sticks on the Sabbath, but God had no doubt about what should happen to him. He instructed Moses to have the man stoned to death (Numbers 15:32-36):

And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

This is the exact same god that Christians worship every Sunday. Most simply overlook how he is portrayed in the scriptures and focus on the soft, feel good passages of their choosing. For them, it is like eating at a buffet, take what you want, ignore the rest.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 3:22:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.

These are seen as outdated since Jesus's time and today only applicable for Jews. One could although wonder why God suddenly woke up one day and said "Ah! I'm a grown man now! I think death penalty for all these things is barbaric now! It's nice to have got other perspectives on things!"?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,622
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 3:31:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 5:00:21 AM, HardRockHallelujah wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
Show me anywhere in the Bible where it says to put to death someone who works on the Sabbath.

Exodus 31:15
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:52:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 3:22:48 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.

These are seen as outdated since Jesus's time and today only applicable for Jews. One could although wonder why God suddenly woke up one day and said "Ah! I'm a grown man now! I think death penalty for all these things is barbaric now! It's nice to have got other perspectives on things!"?

Agree. What would make a god suddenly change its mind on such important issues. Regardless of Christians say these were at one time the teachings their religion abided by.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:31:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing.

What do you think witchcraft means?

Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday?

Good question, Bible doesn"t even use word "Sunday". :)

Actually all unrighteous people are trying to commit genocide, because their careless acts can lead to destruction of the entire nation. Perhaps that is the reason why all unrighteous people could have been killed. If person doesn"t care of his nation"s survival, why should he be allowed to continue and harm the entire nation?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:37:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 8:31:05 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing.

What do you think witchcraft means?

Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday?

Good question, Bible doesn"t even use word "Sunday". :)

Actually all unrighteous people are trying to commit genocide, because their careless acts can lead to destruction of the entire nation. Perhaps that is the reason why all unrighteous people could have been killed. If person doesn"t care of his nation"s survival, why should he be allowed to continue and harm the entire nation?

Democracy in action.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:17:14 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 8:31:05 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing.

What do you think witchcraft means?

Witchcraft is the practice and belief in magical skills and abilities that are exercised individually by social groups, or by individuals with the necessary esoteric secret knowledge.

Of course it's not real. So why does God call for it to be punished by death? Did he not realize it is not real? Did he lie?

A better explanation is he does not exist.

Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday?

Good question, Bible doesn"t even use word "Sunday". :)
Well done you caught me out! But instead of dodging the point answer why would god put someone to death for working on the Sabbath?

Actually all unrighteous people are trying to commit genocide, because their careless acts can lead to destruction of the entire nation. Perhaps that is the reason why all unrighteous people could have been killed. If person doesn"t care of his nation"s survival, why should he be allowed to continue and harm the entire nation?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:59:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
What you don't seem to understand is these rules or laws you've referred to are for the Israelites and those who now follow. hence if there be a witch amongst the ranks of the Israelites then they where to be dispensed with. but the Israelites don't have a history of doing the same to the gentiles do they? what ever societies establish for themselves in the case of capital punishment is irrelevant in the case of the Biblical God of Israel.

but if you want to view God's law for the whole world, there is the case of all men will die no matter what they do, because men judge for themselves and die accordingly.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 7:18:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 3:22:48 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing.

https://vimeo.com...

Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday?

What should he have done then?

It's just ridiculous.

These are seen as outdated since Jesus's time and today only applicable for Jews. One could although wonder why God suddenly woke up one day and said "Ah! I'm a grown man now! I think death penalty for all these things is barbaric now! It's nice to have got other perspectives on things!"?

23rd April 33 AD

Jesus' sacrifice on the cross ended the need for sacrifices and ceremonial laws.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 9:01:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 10:17:14 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Witchcraft is the practice and belief in magical skills and abilities that are exercised individually by social groups, or by individuals with the necessary esoteric secret knowledge.
Of course it's not real. So why does God call for it to be punished by death? Did he not realize it is not real? Did he lie?

It doesn"t matter does it work, some practice it and that is enough to show them unrighteous.

Well done you caught me out! But instead of dodging the point answer why would god put someone to death for working on the Sabbath?

I think I already answered, when I said:

Actually all unrighteous people are trying to commit genocide, because their careless acts can lead to destruction of the entire nation. Perhaps that is the reason why all unrighteous people could have been killed. If person doesn"t care of his nation"s survival, why should he be allowed to continue and harm the entire nation?

The point is, by doing the wrong thing on Shabbat, the person jeopardized the whole nations existence and so showed great lack of care for the nation. The act itself is small, but that what it tells about the person"s values and understanding is not small thing. If person is evil, is it good to allow him to do all the evil things he would, if he could?
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 11:10:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 9:01:50 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/3/2016 10:17:14 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Witchcraft is the practice and belief in magical skills and abilities that are exercised individually by social groups, or by individuals with the necessary esoteric secret knowledge.
Of course it's not real. So why does God call for it to be punished by death? Did he not realize it is not real? Did he lie?

It doesn"t matter does it work, some practice it and that is enough to show them unrighteous.

Quite frankly it's a joke. The superstitious writers of bible scripture were genuinely unaware witchcraft was not real. So you think someone attempting to practice witchcraft deserves the death penalty?

Well done you caught me out! But instead of dodging the point answer why would god put someone to death for working on the Sabbath?

I think I already answered, when I said:

Actually all unrighteous people are trying to commit genocide, because their careless acts can lead to destruction of the entire nation. Perhaps that is the reason why all unrighteous people could have been killed. If person doesn"t care of his nation"s survival, why should he be allowed to continue and harm the entire nation?

The point is, by doing the wrong thing on Shabbat, the person jeopardized the whole nations existence and so showed great lack of care for the nation. The act itself is small, but that what it tells about the person"s values and understanding is not small thing. If person is evil, is it good to allow him to do all the evil things he would, if he could?

Quite frankly these explanations are laughable. Do you claim anyone working on a Sunday should receive capital punishment? Firstly its immoral and stupid to do this. Secondly it would cause a major downward step for any country adopting such a law. The outlawing and severe punishment for Sunday work would cause economic turmoil. A recession, job losses etc. It's stuff from the bronze age, surely you disagree with such absurdity and therefore your own god? This guy collecting sticks did nothing wrong. Maybe he didn't believe in Christianity. So they stoned him to death. Even worse god told them to. The god worshipped by Christians is evil.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 11:27:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.

You are welcome to your opinion, but it is based on ignorance, not on knowledge. even in this day and age witches exist, as does witchcraft.

Your problem as far as that goes is that you only subscribe to the superstitious idea of what witchcraft is, not what it really is.

The other problem is that you do not understand what is going on in the law.
No-one was put to death for working on a Sabbath, which incidentally is a Saturday not a Sunday. Another example of your ignorance..

What they were put to death for was the lack of faith, and the tendency to disobey that caused them to commit the offence.

The point the law was intended to get across, and which was missed as much by most Israelites as it is by you, is that there is only one punishment for sin - death.

That is why we all die, because we all sin.

When sin has finally been removed from the human race, as it will be, then no human will ever need to die again, ever.

Like most who hold opinions similar to yours you do not truly think things through or bother to learn anything which might go against your chosen belief.

You are also all too willing to judge without knowledge of all the facts.

Also, death s not really al that much of a punishment since the dead are to be resurrected in due time, and will therefore get a second chance in far better circumstances than they previously had to put up with.

Scripture tells us that the time is approaching when the living will envy the dead.

One reason for that will be that the dead have been given a free pass to Paradise, and are therefore very much to be envied.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 11:55:53 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 11:27:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.

You are welcome to your opinion, but it is based on ignorance, not on knowledge. even in this day and age witches exist, as does witchcraft.

Witchcraft does not exist. It's a mythical legend.

Your problem as far as that goes is that you only subscribe to the superstitious idea of what witchcraft is, not what it really is.

Tell me what it really is then?

The other problem is that you do not understand what is going on in the law.
No-one was put to death for working on a Sabbath, which incidentally is a Saturday not a Sunday. Another example of your ignorance..

The Christian holy day is Sunday. In ancient times are you suggesting it was instead Saturday? Or are you someone who takes an alternative view from most christians on which day Sabbath is meant to be?

What they were put to death for was the lack of faith, and the tendency to disobey that caused them to commit the offence.

Explain this then.

Moses hesitated when a man was brought to him for gathering sticks on the Sabbath, but God had no doubt about what should happen to him. He instructed Moses to have the man stoned to death (Numbers 15:32-36):

And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

This clearly shows God instructed Moses to stone a man to death merely for collecting sticks on the Sabbath. Poor man. I can't think of any act less deserving of a death penalty. How can you even call it a crime?


The point the law was intended to get across, and which was missed as much by most Israelites as it is by you, is that there is only one punishment for sin - death.

That is why we all die, because we all sin.

No death is inevitable. How do you explain the process of aging?

When sin has finally been removed from the human race, as it will be, then no human will ever need to die again, ever.

How do you propose that is going to happen? You would think God would have done that straight away not waited 10, 000 years.

Like most who hold opinions similar to yours you do not truly think things through or bother to learn anything which might go against your chosen belief.

Incorrect. I don't know anybody my age who knows more about religion than me. It's just because you disagree with me you make unfounded allegations.

You are also all too willing to judge without knowledge of all the facts.

I know enough about science to know that it is impossible for the genesis creation account to be true.

Also, death s not really al that much of a punishment since the dead are to be resurrected in due time, and will therefore get a second chance in far better circumstances than they previously had to put up with.

Well according to you. In my opinion death is the end of existence.

Scripture tells us that the time is approaching when the living will envy the dead.

Well I assume you are suggesting an Armageddon event where conditions on earth are so Hellish people would rather commit suicide than endure life?

One reason for that will be that the dead have been given a free pass to Paradise, and are therefore very much to be envied.

Some unusual beliefs. I'm guessing your a Jehovah's witness?

So I assume you are looking forward to death? But don't want to commit suicide as it's against your gods rules?

I understood that your religion only rewarded followers with a second life in paradise while non followers just ceased to exist. Or is that what you intended to write?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 12:35:07 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/4/2016 11:55:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/4/2016 11:27:33 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You are welcome to your opinion, but it is based on ignorance, not on knowledge. even in this day and age witches exist, as does witchcraft.

Witchcraft does not exist. It's a mythical legend.

Sorry, but I have known a few witches, and they definitely practice the craft. It is only the superstitious idea of witchcraft which is mythical.


Your problem as far as that goes is that you only subscribe to the superstitious idea of what witchcraft is, not what it really is.

Tell me what it really is then?

It is mostly herbcraft and psychology, panaceas. It basically earth worship.

It does however have its rituals and curses, but they are generally a part of the psychology. They only work if you believe in them.


The other problem is that you do not understand what is going on in the law.
No-one was put to death for working on a Sabbath, which incidentally is a Saturday not a Sunday. Another example of your ignorance..

The Christian holy day is Sunday. In ancient times are you suggesting it was instead Saturday? Or are you someone who takes an alternative view from most christians on which day Sabbath is meant to be?

The Sabbath was and is Saturday. True Christianity doesn't have a holy day as such. For true Christians every day is holy.


What they were put to death for was the lack of faith, and the tendency to disobey that caused them to commit the offence.

Explain this then.

Moses hesitated when a man was brought to him for gathering sticks on the Sabbath, but God had no doubt about what should happen to him. He instructed Moses to have the man stoned to death (Numbers 15:32-36):

Like I said, it was the act of disobedience he was punished for, and the punishment was the same whatever law was disobeyed.


And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

This clearly shows God instructed Moses to stone a man to death merely for collecting sticks on the Sabbath. Poor man. I can't think of any act less deserving of a death penalty. How can you even call it a crime?

Again, it is the act of disobeying the law which is the important thing, and the punishment is basically the same whatever law was broken.

Only humans say that one act of disobedience carries more, or less, of a penalty than another.

In Jehvovah's eyes disobedience is disobedience, whatever law is disobeyed.



The point the law was intended to get across, and which was missed as much by most Israelites as it is by you, is that there is only one punishment for sin - death.

That is why we all die, because we all sin.

No death is inevitable. How do you explain the process of ageing?

Again that all goes back to the sin Adam committed which sentenced all of us to the imperfection which allows us to grow old and die.

I cannot explain the ageing process any more than the medical profession can. Yes they can explain what happens, as can I, but they don't know why it happens.

Scriptrue explains it.


When sin has finally been removed from the human race, as it will be, then no human will ever need to die again, ever.

How do you propose that is going to happen? You would think God would have done that straight away not waited 10, 000 years.

Well if you knew the story of it you would understand.

Jehovah is a God of Justice, amongst other things and justice applies as much to the guilty as to the innocent.

Therefore Jehovah gave Satan a limited time to prove his charges, as outlined in Job 1 and 2.

That time period is 7,000 years not 10,000. I have no idea where you got the 10,000 year period from.

You see justice not only has to be done, it has to be seen to be done. There can be on what Satan can turn round and say "Ah, but what if" because he will have been given sufficient time to try every trick in the book in all possible circumstances.

We are now on the threshold of Armageddon which will cleanse the earth of all of Satan's works.


Like most who hold opinions similar to yours you do not truly think things through or bother to learn anything which might go against your chosen belief.

Incorrect. I don't know anybody my age who knows more about religion than me. It's just because you disagree with me you make unfounded allegations.

I know children of 10 who know more about Christianity and the Bible than you do. If you even knew the basics of what the Bible teaches you would already know the truth of what you are ignorant of at the moment.


You are also all too willing to judge without knowledge of all the facts.

I know enough about science to know that it is impossible for the genesis creation account to be true.

Which just proves how little you know about either science or the Genesis account.

There is a growing number of scientists who accept that what few details Genesis 1 gives us are 100% accurate.

Of course that relies on you have sufficient knowledge of English to know all the different meanings of "day" for a start, and sufficient logical ability to realise that verse 14 can only be a mistranslation since the sun moon and stars cannot be created twice.

To save you looking it up, the definition of "day" which applies in Genesis 1 is "a definite but unspecified period of time" as in "my father's day", or similar.


Also, death s not really al that much of a punishment since the dead are to be resurrected in due time, and will therefore get a second chance in far better circumstances than they previously had to put up with.

Well according to you. In my opinion death is the end of existence.

Which just proves how little you know.


Scripture tells us that the time is approaching when the living will envy the dead.

Well I assume you are suggesting an Armageddon event where conditions on earth are so Hellish people would rather commit suicide than endure life?

No, that is not what Armageddon is, but I am partially referring to the conditions during the great tribulation which is actually what we are bringing on ourselves by our destruction of the environment.

Armageddon is what will bring that to an end by as Revelation 11:18 says bringing to ruin those who are ruining the earth.


One reason for that will be that the dead have been given a free pass to Paradise, and are therefore very much to be envied.

Some unusual beliefs. I'm guessing your a Jehovah's witness?

No, I am not, but they do have the best understanding of what scripture teaches us of any group I know.

They are also the only group in existence who teach what Christ taught, and the Apostles after him.

I am disfellowshipped.


So I assume you are looking forward to death? But don't want to commit suicide as it's against your gods rules?

Both yes and no, is all I can say to that.

I would prefer it if I live as far as Armageddon and through it, but I have no fear of death.

Since I am alive I shall take advantage of the opportunity that gives me to try and help people to understand God and his son properly (John 17:3).
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 1:02:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
So you were a Jehovah's witness but they kicked you out of the religion? Why did they do that?

I assume you have now created a new religion? Is it because you were preaching alternative views to the watchtower ones they gave you the disfellowship?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:34:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 1:02:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
So you were a Jehovah's witness but they kicked you out of the religion? Why did they do that?

I assume you have now created a new religion? Is it because you were preaching alternative views to the watchtower ones they gave you the disfellowship?

No I have not created any new religion, and I always point people to the One True Faith.

Just because the humans in the organisation have, for the time being rejected me, doesn't change the fact that they are the one true faith, and Jehovah's only path to his son's side.

I do not seek followers for myself, only for Christ, and there is only one way any can truly follow Christ and his father John 4:23-24. Like the JWs, I only teach what Christ and the Apostles taught, which at its most basic form is reliance on Jehovah.

Therefore whether truth is comfortable for me or not, and currently it isn't, I accept it as the truth that it is.

Why should I take my problems out on God, he did not cause them, and I am not guilt free.

True I felt the disfellowshipping was a little harsh, and drove me back into the depression from which I was just escaping, but that s neither here nor there because it was done according to scriptural guidance so I do not complain.

When the time is right I shall apply for re-instatement, and I know it will be granted in due time.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 12:45:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 1:06:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

Today most first-world countries have abolished the death penalty including Canada, Mexico, all of western Europe, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and Argentina to name a few. It is used only sparingly in the United States (40-50 per year). However, the God of the Bible had no qualms about capital punishment and demanded it for the following "crimes."

blasphemy (i.e. profaning the divine name) Leviticus 24:16
bestiality (both parties) Exodus 22:19, Leviticus 20:15
homosexuality Leviticus 20:13
pre-marital sex (women only) Deuteronomy 22:20-21
adultery Deuteronomy 22:22 and Leviticus 20:10
wizardry Leviticus 20:27
witchcraft Exodus 22:18
(or poisoning or making potions, depending on the translation)
spiritualism Leviticus 20:27
making sacrifices to other gods Exodus 22:20
worshipping other gods, or heavenly objects Deuteronomy 17:2-5
cursing one"s parents Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9
being a stubborn and rebellious son Deuteronomy 21:18-21
desecrating the Sabbath Exodus 31:14

This proves that the bible writers were obsessed by ancient superstition and clearly did not have the word of god. Clearly witchcraft is not a real thing. Why would a god have not said this to the author? Oh because he like the entire religion is a myth. Why would a god put someone to death for working on a Sunday? It's just ridiculous.
No, it proves you're a logically inept doofus that wouldn't know how to debate definitions within a concept if it was 1st grade level stuff.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 12:51:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Witchcraft = communicating with evil spirits.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 1:29:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
1. Set a clear standard for what is "evil," why it is so, and if "evil" is coherent at all before you make a claim of anything being "evil."

2. Show that supporting the death penalty for said crimes is immoral.

Under religious belief, Divine Command Theory usually holds - so you're presuming atheism while making this post as well. The onus, therefore, is on you to prove atheism, and prove atheism's compatibility with moral realism.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Chloe8
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 1:37:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 11:34:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/5/2016 1:02:20 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
So you were a Jehovah's witness but they kicked you out of the religion? Why did they do that?

I assume you have now created a new religion? Is it because you were preaching alternative views to the watchtower ones they gave you the disfellowship?

No I have not created any new religion, and I always point people to the One True Faith.

Just because the humans in the organisation have, for the time being rejected me, doesn't change the fact that they are the one true faith, and Jehovah's only path to his son's side.

I do not seek followers for myself, only for Christ, and there is only one way any can truly follow Christ and his father John 4:23-24. Like the JWs, I only teach what Christ and the Apostles taught, which at its most basic form is reliance on Jehovah.

Therefore whether truth is comfortable for me or not, and currently it isn't, I accept it as the truth that it is.

Why should I take my problems out on God, he did not cause them, and I am not guilt free.

True I felt the disfellowshipping was a little harsh, and drove me back into the depression from which I was just escaping, but that s neither here nor there because it was done according to scriptural guidance so I do not complain.

When the time is right I shall apply for re-instatement, and I know it will be granted in due time.

So I assume you broke some of their rules? I assume it must have been a major breach to cause them to throw you out. Who is it that actually decides to disfellowship members?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 2:56:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

How much use of capital punishment is "overuse"?

ROFL

This is proof pagans are non-thinkers.
tejretics
Posts: 6,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 2:59:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/5/2016 2:56:28 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
The christian God"s overuse of the death penalty

How much use of capital punishment is "overuse"?

Let me be clear: are you saying the use of the death penalty demanded in the Bible is right?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 3:01:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Yes, mandatory capital punishment by public and participatory stonings is the just penalty for many crimes under God's holy, righteous, just, good and loving law. Anyone familiar with Scripture knows this.