India is the First Christian Country

Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 6:33:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
This thing has surprised me .
Apostle of Jesus named Thomas spread gospels in India .

" The works of scholars and Eastern Christian writings state that Christianity was introduced to India by Thomas the Apostle, who visited Muziris in Kerala in AD 52 to spread the gospel amongst Kerala's Jewish settlements."

This really surprises me . Was he really THE APOSTLE of Jesus .

" Christianity in India has different denominations. The state of Kerala is home to the Saint Thomas Christian community, an ancient body of Christians (Syriac Christianity) who are now divided into several different churches and traditions. There are two Eastern Catholic Saint Thomas Christian churches: the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church and the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church. "
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:11:52 AM
At 3/3/2016 6:33:33 AM, Pandit wrote:

" The works of scholars and Eastern Christian writings state that Christianity was introduced to India by Thomas the Apostle, who visited Muziris in Kerala in AD 52 to spread the gospel amongst Kerala's Jewish settlements."

" Christianity in India has different denominations. The state of Kerala is home to the Saint Thomas Christian community, an ancient body of Christians (Syriac Christianity) who are now divided into several different churches and traditions. There are two Eastern Catholic Saint Thomas Christian churches: the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church and the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church. "

By "THE APOSTLE", that doesn't mean that he was the only apostle, but he was an apostle of Jesus, He was one of the twelve who followed him, and is often called "doubting Thomas" because of how he doubted the resurrection.

John 20:25 - "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe."

John 20:27 - "Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.""
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:12:56 AM
But to India being the first Christian country, I think Turkey, or Palestine probably get that title.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:20:12 AM
At 3/3/2016 7:12:56 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
But to India being the first Christian country, I think Turkey, or Palestine probably get that title.

I Don't know about places outside India but Christianity was developed in late years of 1st century and early years of 2nd century common era . Where as Christianity took time to develop and cement its place in Europe .
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:32:12 AM
At 3/3/2016 7:20:12 AM, Pandit wrote:

I Don't know about places outside India but Christianity was developed in late years of 1st century and early years of 2nd century common era . Where as Christianity took time to develop and cement its place in Europe .

But it was never that significant a proportion of the population...
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:08:59 AM
At 3/3/2016 7:32:12 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 3/3/2016 7:20:12 AM, Pandit wrote:

But it was never that significant a proportion of the population...

There was no other religion back then .
Buddhism was at its peak , as per certain accounts . But it wasn't considered a religion back then .
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 1:40:16 PM

Good research!!! Goa is the other Christian state because of the influence of the Portuguese.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 1:44:49 PM
At 3/3/2016 1:40:16 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Good research!!! Goa is the other Christian state because of the influence of the Portuguese.

and we do regret such an influence. Only Hindus were tortured in Portuguese inquisition.
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:24:41 PM

Yup ! And 3 more states in North East India .
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 2:25:10 PM
At 3/3/2016 1:44:49 PM, TREssspa wrote:

and we do regret such an influence. Only Hindus were tortured in Portuguese inquisition.

Keep faith my Hindu brothers. India is the only country that has maintained its cultural and intellectual integrity and remains the most spiritual people in the world despite a history of foreign invasions and occupation. Hindus are the shining light on the hill with their bright Auras.
Not a single mad cow was found in India.
India has been recognised as the most secure status for the deadly mad cow disease.
http://www.dnaindia.com...

But animals are not that fortunate in western countries.
Sexual abuse of Pigs and Other Farm Animals Is Nothing New.
http://www.peta.org.uk...

Men are video taped sexually abusing cows.
https://m.youtube.com...

Bestiality is much, much more common than you think in western countries,
http://www.health24.com...

It is only a matter of time before the west has epidemics of other mad cow like diseases effecting the food chain. Because they got rid of the infected animals but never ended the practice of shagging animals. So preshagged meat is still sold in grocery stores.

In fact scientists are divided over the cause of mad cow disease. Are mad farmers infecting cows or mad cows infecting farmers? The absence of the disease in Indian cows suggests the cows are infected by mad western/European farmers.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 3:19:17 PM

The first country with Christianity as the state religion was Armenia, I think.