Total Posts:90|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Does This Particular Forum Have A Moderator?

DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:22:55 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
'cause, damn, it sure could use one. I've volunteered myself for the position, but regardless of who it should be, we need to get the ball rolling.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:25:18 PM
At 3/3/2016 4:22:55 PM, DavidHenson wrote:
'cause, damn, it sure could use one. I've volunteered myself for the position, but regardless of who it should be, we need to get the ball rolling.

Why?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 4:51:48 PM

At some point not too long ago, a couple of members tried their hand at moderating this forum, I think they were taken away in a straight jacket and none have offered their services since. The elected, but very impotent, President of DDO, has been attempting what they have called, "Forum Reform" here and elsewhere, yet another abysmal failure.

While I'm sure the upperlings here probably despise me, I attempted to argue the point that other forums have strategies in place that make them successful, however the upperlings balked at this and decided to go another route, the results you now see here.

If you do become a moderator here, make sure your health and extended health plans are paid. Good luck.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:00:41 PM
At 3/3/2016 4:25:18 PM, bulproof wrote:

Why?

So that we can discuss the subject among ourselves without the constant disruption of the forum by childish spammers and sock puppets.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:10:54 PM
At 3/3/2016 5:00:41 PM, DavidHenson wrote:

Why?

So that we can discuss the subject among ourselves without the constant disruption of the forum by childish spammers and sock puppets.

Airmax seems to be doing a good job of dealing with spammers and sock puppets, as can be seen by the recent barrage of them from Tressspa.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
PsrAstes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:24:03 PM
At 3/3/2016 5:10:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Why?

Airmax seems to be doing a good job of dealing with spammers and sock puppets, as can be seen by the recent barrage of them from Tressspa.

Tressspa or TREssspa?
CHOOSE ONE -

BU!PROOF OR RELIiGION FORUM CHOOSE ONE -

BU!PROOF OR RELIiGION FORUM

CHOOSE ONE -

CHOOSE ONE -

. CHOOSE ONE -

CHOOSE ONE -

.. CHOOSE ONE -

CHOOSE ONE -

CHOOSE ONE -

BU!P
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:26:27 PM
At 3/3/2016 5:24:03 PM, PsrAstes wrote:

Why?

Tressspa or TREssspa?

Or Hari?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:39:56 PM
At 3/3/2016 5:26:27 PM, desmac wrote:

Why?

Tressspa or TREssspa?

Or Hari?

I think god moderates this forum ,
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:44:12 PM
At 3/3/2016 5:39:56 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/3/2016 5:26:27 PM, desmac wrote:

Why?

Tressspa or TREssspa?

Or Hari?

I think god moderates this forum ,

She doin a damn fine job.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 5:44:14 PM

Why?

Tressspa or TREssspa?

Back again with another sock puppet?

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? Let it all hang out.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 6:31:38 PM

Why?

I find the conversations on this forum real. If you were sitting around a table this is exactly what you would find. Those who can't stand the heat would up and leave as we see here. This is discussion in real life, no need for false modesty and false respect, just tell it like it is. Those who complain that their feeble sensibilities are being hurt usually run away as they should. In an adult conversation there is no room for children.
This is the only adult religion forum on the web.
Leave it as it is.
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 6:51:24 PM
At 3/3/2016 6:31:38 PM, bulproof wrote:
I find the conversations on this forum real. If you were sitting around a table this is exactly what you would find. Those who can't stand the heat would up and leave as we see here. This is discussion in real life, no need for false modesty and false respect, just tell it like it is. Those who complain that their feeble sensibilities are being hurt usually run away as they should. In an adult conversation there is no room for children.
Leave it as it is.

Well, I get that, and agree to a certain extent, for example the profanity ban is childish, but on the other hand some of the tactics that have been displayed wouldn't have been tolerated in an adult forum. Some of the members would have set around and whupped others asses, either off in the corner to reflect or out of town for good.

That's what I'm talking about.

You wan't to call someone a son of a b____ f___ who's mother is a whore. That's fine, but don't do it pretending to be 4 different people while taking up 90% of the f______ forum, or get your a__ chased out of town.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 6:58:41 PM
At 3/3/2016 6:51:24 PM, DavidHenson wrote:
Leave it as it is.

Well, I get that, and agree to a certain extent, for example the profanity ban is childish, but on the other hand some of the tactics that have been displayed wouldn't have been tolerated in an adult forum. Some of the members would have set around and whupped others asses, either off in the corner to reflect or out of town for good.

You wan't to call someone a son of a b____ f___ who's mother is a whore. That's fine, but don't do it pretending to be 4 different people while taking up 90% of the f______ forum, or get your a__ chased out of town.

The sock puppets get sorted, three of them took a long walk off a short pier just recently.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:00:15 PM
Leave it as it is.

What religion might the moderator be ?
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:04:43 PM
At 3/3/2016 7:00:15 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I have seen no sign of a moderator, but if you are inquiring about my religion, I don't belong to any organized religion. I don't claim to be of any religion, though I am a firm believer in the Bible.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:06:22 PM
At 3/3/2016 7:04:43 PM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/3/2016 7:00:15 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

I have seen no sign of a moderator, but if you are inquiring about my religion, I don't belong to any organized religion. I don't claim to be of any religion, though I am a firm believer in the Bible.

Wow wow. What do you mean
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 7:23:17 PM
Leave it as it is.

They only called Bulproof those obscenities. Somehow they knew his mother tried to flush him down the toilet.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:39:21 PM
At 3/3/2016 7:23:17 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Leave it as it is.

They only called Bulproof those obscenities. Somehow they knew his mother tried to flush him down the toilet.

Reported, like all your sock puppet's comments.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:49:37 PM
At 3/3/2016 8:39:21 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/3/2016 7:23:17 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Leave it as it is.

Reported, like all your sock puppet's comments.

Are they going to ban bulproof's mom for a broken toilet? Lol!!
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 8:56:23 PM

you are absolutely correct about that.
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 9:22:13 PM
At 3/3/2016 7:06:22 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Wow wow. What do you mean

I mean that I don't belong to any organized religion. It means that personally, I don't feel the need to validate my thinking or beliefs by massive acceptance or politicization. I don't feel smarter or safer if my religion can beat up your religion.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 2:50:19 AM

Hi!

I am the site President (not a moderator), but, what I can say is that no individual forum has a moderator at this time. You should report any problem threads though, and can reach out to Airmax1227 if you are personally attacked.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 2:51:48 AM
At 3/3/2016 4:51:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

At some point not too long ago, a couple of members tried their hand at moderating this forum, I think they were taken away in a straight jacket and none have offered their services since. The elected, but very impotent, President of DDO, has been attempting what they have called, "Forum Reform" here and elsewhere, yet another abysmal failure.

Ummm...no, I haven't engaged in or attempted to engage in forum "reform." Please don't misrepresent the facts, DJR.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:43:18 AM

Did you need a moderator to protect your tender feelings and special ideas ... ? Lol.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 5:52:42 PM
I recently spoke to an immigrant to the U.S. who told me they loved listening to Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump speak out. I thought that it made no sense at first because their views are in no way similar. She went on to say she laughs and claps and has to cover her face. She then said the U.S. was sogreat because of this. She said it was an amazing thing that 2 opposite ways of thinling could be met with outrage and no expectations of violence towards opposing views. It made me realise that theU.S. is great because it doesn't moderate free speech. Christians attack atheism. Atheists attack Christianity. Liberals speak against conservatism. Conservatives speak against Liberalism. All ideas have a voicce. All ideas are subject to the scrutiny off all. Censorship is for toltalitarian third world societies who wish to muzzle their people and give power to the chosen view. Freedom gives the power to the people. Censorship is a position that states, my opinion is so weak that I must shut you up to preserve it. If your position is strong, you fear no other positions. You bask in confidence in your position. Logic has a say from all sides, and the bad ideas get to bask in the shadow of the good ideas. This is how we know just how great a good idea is in the first place.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:29:48 PM
At 3/4/2016 2:51:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 3/3/2016 4:51:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Ummm...no, I haven't engaged in or attempted to engage in forum "reform." Please don't misrepresent the facts, DJR.

And, you have my deepest apologies as you are dead on correct for which I will take 100% responsibility for that elementary error on my part. My bad totally.

What you talked about was "Voting Reform" and "Forum Revival". I may have also confused that issue when you said this in your last Presidential Update 17:

- Bi-Weekly Topics. The "Bi-Weekly Topics" has been officially reformed and will now begin to work on a new paradigm.

That being said and my humble apologies offered, please tell us all just how well your "Revival" is going. What are the results? Are these forums revived? By what standard of verification do you use to measure the results? At what point does this forum's status change to a revived state?

Please do share and enlighten us all in regards to these efforts, which of course, you've been working on for months and to do this day appear to have failed miserably? Quite puzzling, indeed.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:45:34 PM
At 3/4/2016 5:52:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
I recently spoke to an immigrant to the U.S. who told me they loved listening to Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump speak out. I thought that it made no sense at first because their views are in no way similar. She went on to say she laughs and claps and has to cover her face. She then said the U.S. was sogreat because of this. She said it was an amazing thing that 2 opposite ways of thinling could be met with outrage and no expectations of violence towards opposing views. It made me realise that theU.S. is great because it doesn't moderate free speech. Christians attack atheism. Atheists attack Christianity. Liberals speak against conservatism. Conservatives speak against Liberalism. All ideas have a voicce. All ideas are subject to the scrutiny off all. Censorship is for toltalitarian third world societies who wish to muzzle their people and give power to the chosen view. Freedom gives the power to the people. Censorship is a position that states, my opinion is so weak that I must shut you up to preserve it. If your position is strong, you fear no other positions. You bask in confidence in your position. Logic has a say from all sides, and the bad ideas get to bask in the shadow of the good ideas. This is how we know just how great a good idea is in the first place.

We can see what the religious right is doing to politicians. It is forcing them to lie to get their votes. Even Trump was forced to quote scriptures he was most uncomfortable with. Christians are not gifted to be a judge of people. Most of the prophets they followed were diagnosed as mentally ill by modern psychiatry. They put Bush W in office. Need we say more?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 7:52:36 PM
At 3/4/2016 6:45:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

We can see what the religious right is doing to politicians. It is forcing them to lie to get their votes. Even Trump was forced to quote scriptures he was most uncomfortable with. Christians are not gifted to be a judge of people. Most of the prophets they followed were diagnosed as mentally ill by modern psychiatry. They put Bush W in office. Need we say more?

Perhaps. But what we know 100% for sure is that Muhammed mad Donald Trump look like a saint. As far as I know Trump didn't molest a child or slaughter, rape, and behead people in mass. Muhammed would be impeached for being completely and 100% insane, a narcissistic sociopath on his best day.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 8:01:35 PM
At 3/4/2016 7:52:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/4/2016 6:45:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Perhaps. But what we know 100% for sure is that Muhammed mad Donald Trump look like a saint. As far as I know Trump didn't molest a child or slaughter, rape, and behead people in mass. Muhammed would be impeached for being completely and 100% insane, a narcissistic sociopath on his best day.
All American Muslims should vote for Trump. He will destroy the Republican Party and build walls to keep Americans inside their borders on the pretext he is keeping Muslims and Mexicans out. That works for Islamists sick of American interference in the middle east.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 8:45:40 PM
At 3/4/2016 6:29:48 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
That being said and my humble apologies offered, please tell us all just how well your "Revival" is going. What are the results? Are these forums revived? By what standard of verification do you use to measure the results? At what point does this forum's status change to a revived state?

The results are measured largely by user feedback. Ultimately, only they can pass judgement on whether improvements have been made. I am currently conducting a survey--which you are free to participate in should you choose--to collect that feedback.

The "mini" revival did, however, boost activity rates and discussions in all the forums in targeted during the period for which it was implemented.

Please do share and enlighten us all in regards to these efforts, which of course, you've been working on for months and to do this day appear to have failed miserably? Quite puzzling, indeed.

Ah, the hostility. Comments like these are the reason that people find the religion forum toxic and uncivil.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics