Is Freemasonry a religion?

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:13:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/3/2016 9:58:30 PM, janesix wrote:
Do freemasons worship the Sun God? Are they a religion? Any freemasons here?

No, they don't follow a religion as a mason, but certainly the Church despises them. Buzz Aldrin, Gene Autry and Mel Blanc were all freemasons, just to give you an idea of the kind of folks and the diversity of the organization.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:33:47 PM

My grandfather was one and a Shriner. No, they are not a religion, and they are not controlling the world - no more than any other group of old white men are controlling the world.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:36:44 PM
At 3/3/2016 10:33:47 PM, TBR wrote:

My grandfather was one and a Shriner. No, they are not a religion, and they are not controlling the world - no more than any other group of old white men are controlling the world.

I didn't think they were controlling the world. I am only interested in the esoteric parts of freemasonry really. There is a lot of nonsense on the internet about it, so it's hard to find the truth. I am curious as to what the symbolism means. Unfortunately, I can't join because I'm a female.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:38:57 PM
At 3/3/2016 10:36:44 PM, janesix wrote:

I didn't think they were controlling the world. I am only interested in the esoteric parts of freemasonry really. There is a lot of nonsense on the internet about it, so it's hard to find the truth. I am curious as to what the symbolism means. Unfortunately, I can't join because I'm a female.

I was asked to join several times. I have some good story's about the pins and handshakes. Really, fun stuff. Anyway, no. NO GIRLS ALLOWED.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2016 10:42:25 PM

My grandfather was some fifth-level blackbelt Shriners (you become a Shriner after being a Mason) and he had lots of "bling". When he died, I started wearing the tie pins and stuff. I got SOOOOOO called out on it by a Mason. I thought he was going to call out the Mason guard had have me locked in some temple reckroom.
EastwardTraveler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 9:10:12 PM

I am a Freemason and I can tell you it most certainly is not a religion. Now you can make it a religion I suppose, just like you can make anything thing a religion. What I mean by that is making Freemasonry or anything else in your life the center of life and total devotion. But to answer you plainly no, it is not a religion. If you have any questions please fell free to message/reply and I will gladly answer anything you want to know, including all the anti-masonic claims that are out there.
Look forward to hearing from you
EastwardTraveler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 9:18:01 PM

Actually that isn't completely true. Freemasons have an auxiliary group called Eastern Stars that is apart of the Freemason and is only for women. It use to be very popular back in the day but from what I see it is a dying arm of Freemasonry now. Very sad
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 9:21:01 PM
At 3/8/2016 9:18:01 PM, EastwardTraveler wrote:

Actually that isn't completely true. Freemasons have an auxiliary group called Eastern Stars that is apart of the Freemason and is only for women. It use to be very popular back in the day but from what I see it is a dying arm of Freemasonry now. Very sad

Yes I looked into it, and found I can't join because I have to be related to a male freemason. Too bad, it seems interesting.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 9:30:35 PM
I"ve never been one, have been invite to join by a few friends that I used to work with yr.'s back. There no more then and association of those of mutual interests. Usually for employment reasons. I"ve known some from areas in the US where they were insistent that if you weren"t a mason you wouldn"t get a job of any real income. Which many others I"ve known to state or affirm the same is true. It"s been said that it"s good for reference of character and reliability by joining such organizations. If I don"t know of you and you want a job I have and are a member of like organization it"s easy to find out the true story on you if I am also a member of the same organization.
EastwardTraveler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 10:28:55 PM
At 3/8/2016 9:21:01 PM, janesix wrote:
At 3/8/2016 9:18:01 PM, EastwardTraveler wrote:

Yes I looked into it, and found I can't join because I have to be related to a male freemason. Too bad, it seems interesting.

Well that is too bad. As for any other questions please feel free to ask. As for the sun worship, there is none of that. Most of the esoteric stuff is actually Biblical history and allegory. Im a huge Bible nut so I love it.