Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Joel and Peter We're Sadly Quite Deluded.

Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:32:22 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Acts 2:16-17a, "This is that which was spoken by the Prophet Joel; and it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, I will pour out of my spirit upon all flesh."

1.) 33 AD were not "The Last Days." They were 2000 years ago. Lol. Why does everyone miss that?

2.) The Holy Spirit was not then, and never has been, "Poured out upon all flesh." He was then and until today poured out upon a very select few people, and not upon "all flesh."

So, how is your English reading comprehension coming along these days? Got brains and skills?

Lol. Remember, the writers of the NT material were just human, and even still today there are lots of Babbling Professional Church Clowns who are always trying to speak for God, but then turn out to be wrong.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 7:21:09 AM
At 3/4/2016 6:32:22 AM, Stegley wrote:
Acts 2:16-17a, "This is that which was spoken by the Prophet Joel; and it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, I will pour out of my spirit upon all flesh."

1.) 33 AD were not "The Last Days." They were 2000 years ago. Lol. Why does everyone miss that?

They were the last days of 33AD. There has never been another 33AD.
Today is the first and last day that it will be 4th March 2016.
Every day is the first and last of that particular date.
Every day of the past has been the last of that day. Therefore all past days are the last days. They were the last days you experienced before you experienced the present day.
Why do you miss that ?

2.) The Holy Spirit was not then, and never has been, "Poured out upon all flesh." He was then and until today poured out upon a very select few people, and not upon "all flesh."

That depends on how you define the "Holy Spirit"
Is it the same spirit as the Spirit of LIFE?
If so, LIFE is obviously "poured out" on all living flesh of the past present and future. Whether it is "Holy" or not is a matter of subjective perception.
Not even the Jesus character was perceived to be "Holy" by all who judged him. Some judged him as a mad man.

So, how is your English reading comprehension coming along these days? Got brains and skills?

More than many people.

Lol. Remember, the writers of the NT material were just human, and even still today there are lots of Babbling Professional Church Clowns who are always trying to speak for God, but then turn out to be wrong.

Are you speaking from personal experience?
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 7:47:26 AM

So you're saying that something that hasn't happened yet can't have happened 2000 years ago?

I agree with you there :p
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 9:24:54 AM
At 3/4/2016 7:21:09 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Every day of the past has been the last of that day. Therefore all past days are the last days. They were the last days you experienced before you experienced the present day.
Why do you miss that ?

If so, LIFE is obviously "poured out" on all living flesh of the past present and future. Whether it is "Holy" or not is a matter of subjective perception.
Not even the Jesus character was perceived to be "Holy" by all who judged him. Some judged him as a mad man.

More than many people.

Looks like you are not sure whether to defend Modern Christianity, exceed it, or have an emotional event. How are those reading skills when you see the phrase "The Last Days?" Lol. Kinda lost on that ... ? Was God's Spirit poured out upon all flesh in 33 AD, or not? Make an intelligent decision, now. Be strong to yourself.

Lol.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 9:45:26 PM
At 3/4/2016 9:24:54 AM, Stegley wrote:

Why do you miss that ?

More than many people.

Looks like you are not sure whether to defend Modern Christianity, exceed it, or have an emotional event. How are those reading skills when you see the phrase "The Last Days?" Lol. Kinda lost on that ... ? Was God's Spirit poured out upon all flesh in 33 AD, or not? Make an intelligent decision, now. Be strong to yourself.

Lol.

The "last days" were the days that have passed like "last night" was the night that just passed.
You need to understand poetic language to comprehend that any "last days" are not talking about any future days but the last ones which passed.
The bible uses a lot of poetic and metaphoric language.
"Gods Spirit" is a metaphorical reference to Life. Life is "poured out" on all living things at all times.
Make an intelligent decision to never take anything in the bible literally.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 1:27:50 AM
At 3/4/2016 9:45:26 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/4/2016 9:24:54 AM, Stegley wrote:

Why do you miss that ?

More than many people.

Lol.

The "last days" were the days that have passed like "last night" was the night that just passed.
You need to understand poetic language to comprehend that any "last days" are not talking about any future days but the last ones which passed.
"Gods Spirit" is a metaphorical reference to Life. Life is "poured out" on all living things at all times.

Okay. Let's go with that. So, during the time of circa 33 AD, or soon afterwards, did God "pour His Spirit out upon all flesh," or was it just upon a very few select Jewish Believers? Tell me what I "need to know." I am all ready for it. Use your best reading comprehension skills to answer in an informed manner.

I will go ahead and assume you actually did read and comprehend all of the original post, even though your reaction here does not indicate so.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 1:45:58 AM

You stumble on the word "all". The word here is
3956 // pav // pas // pas //

It does not mean all as we see the word all. The word more expresses individuals. Or is to say collectively.

We see this word here and it makes better sense
Mark
1:5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

Certainly all judea which included pharisees and Sadducee did not come to be baptized. The bible is hard to read and understand and takes a very long time. Its hard to translate to english sometimes. When I read and come up with stuff that doesnt make sense often a study of the original words reveals the truth.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 2:17:19 AM
At 3/5/2016 1:45:58 AM, Danb6177 wrote:

It does not mean all as we see the word all. The word more expresses individuals. Or is to say collectively.

Mark
1:5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.

Certainly all judea which included pharisees and Sadducee did not come to be baptized. The bible is hard to read and understand and takes a very long time. Its hard to translate to english sometimes. When I read and come up with stuff that doesnt make sense often a study of the original words reveals the truth.

The Lord Bless and continue to suffice your tender and trusting heart.

Now that we have taken care of that, tell us how "God's Spirit was collectively poured out upon all flesh." Try to reach an authorative endpoint with your efforts, rather than just being picky and fault finding for no specific reason other than to appear scholarly.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 2:30:40 AM
At 3/5/2016 2:17:19 AM, Stegley wrote:

Mark

Now that we have taken care of that, tell us how "God's Spirit was collectively poured out upon all flesh." Try to reach an authorative endpoint with your efforts, rather than just being picky and fault finding for no specific reason other than to appear scholarly.

Perhaps read what I said a second time. Gods spirit, according to the bible was not poured out on all flesh.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 3:15:08 AM
At 3/5/2016 2:30:40 AM, Danb6177 wrote:

Mark

Perhaps read what I said a second time. Gods spirit, according to the bible was not poured out on all flesh.

Tell us if "God's Spirit was poured out upon collective flesh." Be so bold and well informed that you respond with clarity. Do your faithful job as a custodian of Godly Declaration.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 3:31:21 AM
At 3/5/2016 3:15:08 AM, Stegley wrote:

Mark

Tell us if "God's Spirit was poured out upon collective flesh." Be so bold and well informed that you respond with clarity. Do your faithful job as a custodian of Godly Declaration.

Your sort of a snyde fello arent you? I said in my original post the word "all" means individuals-collectively. So a group of people if its easier. You can do a topical on the word "all" and see the various ways that it is used in scripture.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:30:27 AM
At 3/5/2016 3:31:21 AM, Danb6177 wrote:

Mark

Your sort of a snyde fello arent you? I said in my original post the word "all" means individuals-collectively. So a group of people if its easier. You can do a topical on the word "all" and see the various ways that it is used in scripture.

So, what was the group of flesh upon which God's Spirit was poured "in the last days?" Continue to intelligently represent God's Word, rather than exhibit mere human chattiness with the usual emptiness.

Sound like a plan?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:58:42 AM
At 3/5/2016 1:27:50 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 3/4/2016 9:45:26 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Okay. Let's go with that. So, during the time of circa 33 AD, or soon afterwards, did God "pour His Spirit out upon all flesh," or was it just upon a very few select Jewish Believers? Tell me what I "need to know." I am all ready for it. Use your best reading comprehension skills to answer in an informed manner.

Informed manner? Informed by whom ?
Scripture is ambiguous. Interpretation of scripture depends on human perception.
What do you think God is?
What is His Spirit?
Does "ALL FLESH" refer to a select few people or does it refer to ALL physical things including plants and animals?
The prophecy does not say God will pour out the Holy Spirit on a few select humans at the end of time.

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh.......
Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh ......

I will go ahead and assume you actually did read and comprehend all of the original post, even though your reaction here does not indicate so.

Your assumption is correct. Your perception of my "reaction" is leading you astray.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 5:45:38 PM
At 3/5/2016 4:30:27 AM, Stegley wrote:

Mark

So, what was the group of flesh upon which God's Spirit was poured "in the last days?" Continue to intelligently represent God's Word, rather than exhibit mere human chattiness with the usual emptiness.

Sound like a plan?

I am assuming your issue with the rest is the term last days? The bible is broken up into dispensations. We are in the last dispensation presently, the dispensation of grace.

Now Christ did not announce that we were in any dispensation its just how scholars have broken it down.

What Christ did was fulfilled the age of the law and ushered in the age of grace. So when you see the term "last days" this would be referring to the last age we will live in, the age of grace. This age will end when the great tribulation period starts and God pours his wrath out upon the earth.

Its also important to note that peter calls it the last days, Joel did not
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 4:10:49 AM
At 3/5/2016 5:45:38 PM, Danb6177 wrote:

Mark

Sound like a plan?

I am assuming your issue with the rest is the term last days? The bible is broken up into dispensations. We are in the last dispensation presently, the dispensation of grace.

Now Christ did not announce that we were in any dispensation its just how scholars have broken it down.

What Christ did was fulfilled the age of the law and ushered in the age of grace. So when you see the term "last days" this would be referring to the last age we will live in, the age of grace. This age will end when the great tribulation period starts and God pours his wrath out upon the earth.

You forgot to remember Peter said "This Is That," referring to Joel's Prophecy. And, Peter with all of his contemporary Believers and Apostles fully expected Christ to return very soon. So when he said "Last Days" he,was referring to the days within his life time. Yet, there is no evidence God actually poured out His Spirit then upon "All Flesh."

Peter was deluded about the supposed soon return of Christ, about the supposed "Last Days" being at hand, and about the relevance of Joel's Prophecy by stating "This Is That." Peter may have been born again and assigned to be an Apostle, but he remained a Dumb Galilean Fisherman.

Lol. Stop worshipping Peter.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2016 12:54:16 PM
At 3/8/2016 4:10:49 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 3/5/2016 5:45:38 PM, Danb6177 wrote:

Mark

Sound like a plan?

You forgot to remember Peter said "This Is That," referring to Joel's Prophecy. And, Peter with all of his contemporary Believers and Apostles fully expected Christ to return very soon. So when he said "Last Days" he,was referring to the days within his life time. Yet, there is no evidence God actually poured out His Spirit then upon "All Flesh."

Peter was deluded about the supposed soon return of Christ, about the supposed "Last Days" being at hand, and about the relevance of Joel's Prophecy by stating "This Is That." Peter may have been born again and assigned to be an Apostle, but he remained a Dumb Galilean Fisherman.

Lol. Stop worshipping Peter.

Jesus had made clear that no man could know the time but to follow the signs. Therefore Peter and the apostles would not have known, however Jesus did give them some very good clues about the signs they would see. The most important being this.

Mathew
24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand (5756) in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Peter and the apostles understood what this means, and it had not happened yet so Im sure they didnt believe Jesus was coming back so soon. But one can only speculate really.

Also Im not a catholic so no Peter worship for me. I find the history of the papacy disturbing.