Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 9:49:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Just so you can pull out a
John 3:7, or a good old exodus 8:7.

I'm going answer your questions with a
Robbo 6:8 might even chuck in a narff 18 : 3 , Julie 7: 3
I will explain what they mean in regards to your questions.

Like we know god is not true because.

Vinnie 5:9 And in thy beginning people where fooled by a most unholy nothing.

Derrick 3:7 And the week minded fools will flock in great numbers and we could probably get them to do stuff for us. If they believe in the imaginary nothing.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 3:11:31 PM
Im starting to think that some of the non believers here spend more time on God than the believers do. You guys are relentless, its impressive really.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 3:22:28 PM
If it wasn't believable they wouldn't swarm it so much.

Notice, they completely ignore the firmi paradox and kalam cosmological argument and begin to attack the belief. This is a lashing out in order to justify an agenda that does not want accountability for action. If you do not want to be accountable you attack the concept of accountability. They have faith in the unknown, the unseen, in things hoped for.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 3:24:45 PM
At 3/4/2016 3:11:31 PM, Danb6177 wrote:
Im starting to think that some of the non believers here spend more time on God than the believers do. You guys are relentless, its impressive really.

It is reasonable to say that atheists that take the time to discuss religion have taken plenty of time to think about the issues. Just like believers, many others don't spend much time talking or researching. On the whole however, I would say that most atheists have a firm understanding of the topic - have spent a fair amount of energy thinking about it.
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 5:02:43 PM
At 3/4/2016 9:49:09 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Just so you can pull out a
John 3:7, or a good old exodus 8:7.

I'm going answer your questions with a
Robbo 6:8 might even chuck in a narff 18 : 3 , Julie 7: 3
I will explain what they mean in regards to your questions.

Like we know god is not true because.

Vinnie 5:9 And in thy beginning people where fooled by a most unholy nothing.

Derrick 3:7 And the week minded fools will flock in great numbers and we could probably get them to do stuff for us. If they believe in the imaginary nothing.

Yeah, I get it. Someone like MadCornishBiker has the right idea, from a believer's perspective, always giving scripture. I used to do that, but it got me nowhere but irritating to the unbelievers.

In Moses' or Jesus' time they didn't have the chapter and page divisions, of course, so they would say, basically, that this or that was written and if it was the listener or reader knew of it, if it wasn't familiar then they would inquire where in the scrolls it might appear, which were ordered much different than now.

I sort of use that line of presentation. If they want scriptural references they request them, but usually don't try and examine them thoroughly. Unbelievers tend to take everything in a sort of dumbed down face value that really is just a lazy mockery of the religious apostate church.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 5:11:58 PM
At 3/4/2016 3:24:45 PM, TBR wrote:
At 3/4/2016 3:11:31 PM, Danb6177 wrote:

It is reasonable to say that atheists that take the time to discuss religion have taken plenty of time to think about the issues. Just like believers, many others don't spend much time talking or researching. On the whole however, I would say that most atheists have a firm understanding of the topic - have spent a fair amount of energy thinking about it.

I absolutely disagree. There are a few here that have intelligently looked at the bible and have chosen to disregard it as non empirical evidence of a living God and I respect that. They make intelligent debatable points and a few out of that few are actually respectful about it.
But most here just poach verses to blast religion with no understanding of the texts that they poached them from...or they make threads like this one which shows a 5th grade attitude toward intelligent debate.
How many of these do you think have ever google searched "contradictions of the bible" or "100 lies in the bible" or something of the like before they make a post? Whats the point really? Do they want to debate about the bible or just pull things out to trash it? Like I said its impressive really
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:03:37 PM
In Dawkins 5:26 it says we are the "lucky ones" to exist, thus the deb8able is lucky and so am I. We are the lucky ones. Is that how you interprate the verse deb8able?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:20:00 PM
At 3/4/2016 3:22:28 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Notice, they completely ignore the firmi paradox and kalam cosmological argument and begin to attack the belief. This is a lashing out in order to justify an agenda that does not want accountability for action. If you do not want to be accountable you attack the concept of accountability. They have faith in the unknown, the unseen, in things hoped for.

Because the firmi paradox proves nothing in regards to the question of god and the KCA has been refuted MANY times on this site that many of us atheists don't bother addressing it anymore.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 11:42:07 PM
At 3/4/2016 6:20:00 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 3/4/2016 3:22:28 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Because the firmi paradox proves nothing in regards to the question of god and the KCA has been refuted MANY times on this site that many of us atheists don't bother addressing it anymore.

Not to mention that most Christians don't base their belief on Fermi's paradox or the KCA. Most Christians have never heard of either one. In fact it would be surprising if a single nonbeliever has ever been converted solely by encountering the KCA.