Jump to topic:

God is necessary for X

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 4:25:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Presupposition arguments for God claim that X exists and X can only exist if God exists. That is to say God is the necessary precondition for X.

I have found in my experience alot of these type of arguments are based on the fallacy of ignorance combined with baseless assertion, and some even put on some aggressive act to hide what is really going on.

For example allow me to summon the mindset of such type of arguments......

Hey atheists how come knowledge is possible ? well ? how do you know that ? how do you know that ? how do you know that ? yeah but.........................how do you know ? how do you know your know ?

Knowledge exists because of God you stupid atheists

You have no answer, you have no explanation, hahahahaha

Well how do you explain ? well ? how ?......................... still waiting................

The moment you hear some God advocate push the question of how does science explain, how do atheists account for, what is the explanation of something I want you to be mindful how how they use lack of understanding/explanation etc to then justify God as the explanation, usually with just the assertion that God is the explanation for such.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 5:38:57 AM
At 3/5/2016 4:25:40 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
Presupposition arguments for God claim that X exists and X can only exist if God exists. That is to say God is the necessary precondition for X.

I have found in my experience alot of these type of arguments are based on the fallacy of ignorance combined with baseless assertion, and some even put on some aggressive act to hide what is really going on.

Hey atheists how come knowledge is possible ? well ? how do you know that ? how do you know that ? how do you know that ? yeah but.........................how do you know ? how do you know your know ?

Well how do you explain ? well ? how ?......................... still waiting................

The moment you hear some God advocate push the question of how does science explain, how do atheists account for, what is the explanation of something I want you to be mindful how how they use lack of understanding/explanation etc to then justify God as the explanation, usually with just the assertion that God is the explanation for such.

I don't know that nor do you.
So why do you worship that wich you don't know . Well why ? Hey why? Hey hey why?
Believing in something you will never know exsits. Never ever is 1 thing, but you go 1 step further , you worship and live by something you will never ever ever know exsits.
That a little childish isn't it.
Ya big kid. With ya make believe ruler . Live by it.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 5:54:30 AM

What else do you believe in so so much that you can't prove. ?
It's a assertion that God exists , isn't it .
If their was not such thing as Christianity , you would not come up with the idea.
Nothing strange happens in life ,way out of the ordinary, the sun comes up and goes down daily, you don't see freaky things. Like flying monsters .
If Christianity was not here before you where born, you would not come up with it ,
Because we don't experience far out crap like that.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 8:05:35 AM

You're right. And most times, both theists and atheists use that flawed logic here. But you were not specific enough.

Is there any X for which God would be the necessary precondition?

You seem to be assuming that God cannot be the precondition even when you cannot explain the condition. Why? Dismissing God out of hand is just as illogical as assuming Him without reason.

So take life. All experimentation to date, all scientific observation, has shown that life is a necessary precondition for life. So I call that original life, "God". Where is the ignorance when all scientific experimentation and observation to date support that fact? What other explanation makes as much logical sense?

Objecting to the theist calling that original life "God" is semantics. Insisting that life "may have" started spontaneously is a claim from ignorance and contradicts 6,000 years of scientific observation and 300 years of scientific experimentation.

The moment you hear some atheist advocate push the question of, how does religion explain, how do theists account for, what is the explanation of something, I want you to be mindful how how they use lack of understanding/explanation etc to then justify "science" as the explanation, usually with just the assertion that sience is the explanation for such.

Double edged sword.