Jump to topic:

Marriage vs regular relationship

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:08:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I've never understood why it's that much important for couples to marry, over just being monogamously together on oral promises. Since marriage tends to be a very central element in most religions, I now ask you to enlighten me. Also try to avoid circular reasoning like "God says so that's why". The gods you believe in must have clearly specified reasons for it.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:28:26 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:19:11 PM, Pandit wrote:
Marriage is a way to legalize sex and sexual cravings of Man .

Why is it illegal and why are the cravings "bad"?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:32:13 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:28:26 PM, matt8800 wrote:

Its about Opinions .

My society has developed that way .

Sex between husband and wife only . Sex before marriage and sex with someone other than husband and wife isn't accepted by my Society .

Sex craving is one of the most powerful desire . Uncontrolled desire in this case leads to various troubles .
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:34:27 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:32:13 PM, Pandit wrote:

Its about Opinions .

Sex between husband and wife only . Sex before marriage and sex with someone other than husband and wife isn't accepted by my Society .

Sex craving is one of the most powerful desire . Uncontrolled desire in this case leads to various troubles .

Does sex with someone you are not married to mean that its uncontrolled?

What are the negative consequences if two people are in love, have sex but are unmarried?
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:39:10 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:34:27 PM, matt8800 wrote:

Its about Opinions .

What are the negative consequences if two people are in love, have sex but are unmarried?

Nope !

That will be considered LUST and there is a difference between LOVE and LUST . Sex in my society is a means to procreate only .
Any way , Newer generation is becoming more like west . Its hard to find Beautiful Virgin Girls , these days . LOL
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:48:42 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:39:10 PM, Pandit wrote:

Its about Opinions .

Nope !

That will be considered LUST and there is a difference between LOVE and LUST .

So a paper of a love declaration is a buffer between love and lust? Must be a very magical paper then. Like a scroll?

Sex in my society is a means to procreate only .

So married couples only have sex like 20 times throughout their whole lives? Wouldn't think so.

Any way , Newer generation is becoming more like west . Its hard to find Beautiful Virgin Girls , these days . LOL

We can conclude it this way: you don't fall in love with girls, you fall in love with states of virginity.

Being a virgin/wanting a virgin is of course not bad, it's only bad when the person behind it demands that their views should be forced upon every single human.
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 7:53:50 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:48:42 PM, Jovian wrote:

Its about Opinions .

Nope !

So a paper of a love declaration is a buffer between love and lust? Must be a very magical paper then. Like a scroll?

So married couples only have sex like 20 times throughout their whole lives? Wouldn't think so.

We can conclude it this way: you don't fall in love with girls, you fall in love with states of virginity.

Being a virgin/wanting a virgin is of course not bad, it's only bad when the person behind it demands that their views should be forced upon every single human.

I shared my Views only . The forcing part came from you .

For us marriage is not a piece of paper .
Its a fusion of 2 beings in 1 . Coming together of Families and much more .
Our marriage concept is not like the one in the west .
Marriage is considered an important stage in life .

Having sex before marriage and after marriage with random guys is the death of a relationship between Husband and wife . People like these don't care about what relationship is . Such people consider Sister as opposite sex and an object to please our sexual cravings .
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:00:15 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:08:31 PM, Jovian wrote:
I've never understood why it's that much important for couples to marry, over just being monogamously together on oral promises. Since marriage tends to be a very central element in most religions, I now ask you to enlighten me. Also try to avoid circular reasoning like "God says so that's why". The gods you believe in must have clearly specified reasons for it.

There are numerous legal benefits to being married. This is the heart of why the government can not deny the same benefits to SSM.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:09:12 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:08:31 PM, Jovian wrote:

My partner's and I marriage by paper includes the government with the intention of multiplying and being a happy tax paying unit.

No, it wasn't needed beyond the legal concerns the State had. Not that I mind, if we are to be given tax incentive of some variety, it seems fair they feel the relationship is stable.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:10:18 PM
At 3/6/2016 7:53:50 PM, Pandit wrote:

Its about Opinions .

Nope !

Sure, I just implied that it's common for people to be "I want a virgin. So now all girls not confirming to this image are disgusting".

What if I told you, that all these things are possible even without marriage?

Huh? 95% of all Westerners still regard marriage important out of tradition. Even I do. So wherever have you got this "not important in West" from?

Having sex before marriage and after marriage with random guys is the death of a relationship between Husband and wife .

With random guys? Is it as bad for a man to have had sex with many girls? If not, why?

People like these don't care about what relationship is .

This is your opinion. People who have sex partners before marriage use them for "trying their way forward". Instead of picking an arbitrary wife/husband at the age of 18 and then live a negative marriage together with them after some years, without any possibility to cancel it (in some cultures).

Such people consider Sister as opposite sex and an object to please our sexual cravings .

1. A sister is the opposite sex to you if you're man, or what do you mean?
2. Where in tarnation do you get the information saying there's a direct connection between premarital sex performing and incest performing? Sounds like bullcrap in order to disparage people only.
Pandit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 8:21:15 PM
At 3/6/2016 8:10:18 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/6/2016 7:53:50 PM, Pandit wrote:

Its about Opinions .

Nope !

Sure, I just implied that it's common for people to be "I want a virgin. So now all girls not confirming to this image are disgusting".

What if I told you, that all these things are possible even without marriage?

Huh? 95% of all Westerners still regard marriage important out of tradition. Even I do. So wherever have you got this "not important in West" from?

Having sex before marriage and after marriage with random guys is the death of a relationship between Husband and wife .

With random guys? Is it as bad for a man to have had sex with many girls? If not, why?

People like these don't care about what relationship is .

This is your opinion. People who have sex partners before marriage use them for "trying their way forward". Instead of picking an arbitrary wife/husband at the age of 18 and then live a negative marriage together with them after some years, without any possibility to cancel it (in some cultures).

Such people consider Sister as opposite sex and an object to please our sexual cravings .

1. A sister is the opposite sex to you if you're man, or what do you mean?
2. Where in tarnation do you get the information saying there's a direct connection between premarital sex performing and incest performing? Sounds like bullcrap in order to disparage people only.

I am 23 year old virgin Guy .
1 wife and Sex with her is only thing I want . Hence I never got much close to ladies .
Yes its bad both ways .

As I said , In my culture Sex between husband and Wife after marriage is considered right practice . My culture doesn't believe in things like sex partners , Sex outside marriage etc .