Jump to topic:

Will the UN bring world peace.

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:22:11 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
This will end up a religious debate, so I have left it here.

The question not only applies to the United Nations but to any world government now established.

There are some religions that believe that the UN is God's Kingdom on earth.

Can there be a war for peace?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:30:56 AM
At 3/12/2016 6:22:11 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

Citation to a primary source please?
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:45:43 AM

Um, no...the UN is a political thing. It has absolutely no relevance to religion.

The question not only applies to the United Nations but to any world government now established.

Well, no. Such a thing as world peace is entirely utopic and unattainable, because humans are, by nature, violent.

Well they are the essence of stupidity.

Nope. That's like f*cking for virginity.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:53:09 AM
At 3/12/2016 11:45:43 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Um, no...the UN is a political thing. It has absolutely no relevance to religion.

Well, no. Such a thing as world peace is entirely utopic and unattainable, because humans are, by nature, violent.

That's funny man
I was going to say UN likely
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 12:12:22 PM
At 3/12/2016 11:53:09 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:45:43 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

That's funny man
I was going to say UN likely

https://m.youtube.com...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:21:33 PM
At 3/12/2016 6:30:56 AM, RuvDraba wrote:

"Nearly 200 delegates wrapped up a week-long interfaith meeting at Stanford on Friday, predicting they had given birth to a movement as well as a spiritual institution: the United Religions. The 'spiritual United Nations', as some have referred to it, would be a world assembly for humanity's myriad spiritual traditions. The international 'summit conference' brought together delegates from every continent to inaugurate formal efforts to figure out the organization's structure and mission and launch a charter-writing process. After several years of talking, the initiative's planners had finally gotten down to business."

" 'You are deputized!', the Rev. William E. Swing, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of California, told delegates as they prepared to go home. 'Tell the people that there is a United Religions, and that somewhere in the world, it is beginning to happen: that the religions are going to have an oasis where they can talk about peace.'[This conference was held June 23-27, 1997] "

Me: I don't even know why I bother doing this for your abba dabba, you only troll and try to make useless argument anyway.

http://www.cuttingedge.org...

I use this one, which you could find just as easily, as it is so ridiculous that it will suit your thought pattern.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:27:23 PM
At 3/12/2016 11:21:33 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

"Nearly 200 delegates wrapped up a week-long interfaith meeting at Stanford on Friday, predicting they had given birth to a movement as well as a spiritual institution: the United Religions. The 'spiritual United Nations', as some have referred to it, would be a world assembly for humanity's myriad spiritual traditions. The international 'summit conference' brought together delegates from every continent to inaugurate formal efforts to figure out the organization's structure and mission and launch a charter-writing process. After several years of talking, the initiative's planners had finally gotten down to business."

" 'You are deputized!', the Rev. William E. Swing, bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of California, told delegates as they prepared to go home. 'Tell the people that there is a United Religions, and that somewhere in the world, it is beginning to happen: that the religions are going to have an oasis where they can talk about peace.'[This conference was held June 23-27, 1997] "

Me: I don't even know why I bother doing this for your abba dabba, you only troll and try to make useless argument anyway.

I use this one, which you could find just as easily, as it is so ridiculous that it will suit your thought pattern.
Did you bother reading it?
It comes from 1997.
I see they've taken over the world since then.
Wake up skull it's 2015.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:32:56 PM
At 3/12/2016 11:27:23 PM, bulproof wrote:

It comes from 1997.
Wake up skull it's 2015.

Do you mean 2016? You're three months late.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:38:56 PM
At 3/12/2016 11:32:56 PM, janesix wrote:

It comes from 1997.
Wake up skull it's 2015.

Do you mean 2016? You're three months late.
When you're right uou're right. hahahahaha, that was funny. thx.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:42:22 AM

It comes from 1997.
Wake up skull it's 2015.

ME: Fair Bloody Dinkum, and here I was thinking it was 2016...Must be getting ahead of myself, although Rubba Dubba is not of this world.