Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jesus cannot be the Jewish messiah

Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:03:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The difference in nearly all the names in Luke's genealogy of Jesus as compared with Matthew's is quickly resolved in the fact that Luke traced the line through David's son Nathan, instead of Solomon as did Matthew. ( Lu 3:31 / Mt 1:6,7 ) Luke follows the ancestry of Mary which shows Jesus' natural descent from David. Matthew shows Jesus' legal right to the throne of David by descent from Solomon through Joseph, who was legally Jesus' father. Both signify that Joseph wasn't Jesus' actual father, only his adoptive father and giving him legal right.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:18:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:03:09 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
The difference in nearly all the names in Luke's genealogy of Jesus as compared with Matthew's is quickly resolved in the fact that Luke traced the line through David's son Nathan, instead of Solomon as did Matthew. ( Lu 3:31 / Mt 1:6,7 ) Luke follows the ancestry of Mary which shows Jesus' natural descent from David. Matthew shows Jesus' legal right to the throne of David by descent from Solomon through Joseph, who was legally Jesus' father. Both signify that Joseph wasn't Jesus' actual father, only his adoptive father and giving him legal right.

You are incorrect. Joseph did not adopt Jesus. And the female lineage means zero in choosing kings. Mary's genealogy does not matter
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:29:07 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.

No offence, but if I f*cked your mother, would the child be your father's? Of course not.

If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

True...I'd probably go mad from the endless desert around me...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:32:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:18:47 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 1:03:09 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
The difference in nearly all the names in Luke's genealogy of Jesus as compared with Matthew's is quickly resolved in the fact that Luke traced the line through David's son Nathan, instead of Solomon as did Matthew. ( Lu 3:31 / Mt 1:6,7 ) Luke follows the ancestry of Mary which shows Jesus' natural descent from David. Matthew shows Jesus' legal right to the throne of David by descent from Solomon through Joseph, who was legally Jesus' father. Both signify that Joseph wasn't Jesus' actual father, only his adoptive father and giving him legal right.

You are incorrect. Joseph did not adopt Jesus. And the female lineage means zero in choosing kings. Mary's genealogy does not matter

Your correct, Mary's genealogy has got nothing to do with it. But Jesus was still conceived by a seperate third party, and not Joseph. That is the fundamental problem here. If Joseph didn't directly impregnate Mary, he is not the father. It's as simple as that really.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:32:54 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
What about all the indications of what Jesus would go through, written many years before Jesus came to earth. The linage to King David is through Joseph.

There are five strong prophecies foretelling what the Messiah or Jesus will go through.

Micah 5 :2 The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Fulfillment Matthew 2:1
Psalms 22:18 casting lots for his garments. Fulfillment John 29: 23,24
Psalms 34:20 No bones broken Fulfillment John 19: 33
Isaiah 53:5 Spear in his side Fulfillment John 19: 34
Zechariah 11:12, 13 Betrayal by Judas Fulfillment Matthew 26:14, 15 27: 5
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:32:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:29:07 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.

No offence, but if I f*cked your mother, would the child be your father's? Of course not.
No offense? Really. You sir are a coward to talk that way from the safety of your internet. I am positive you would choose your words different in person. Coward.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

True...I'd probably go mad from the endless desert around me...
dee-em
Posts: 6,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 2:39:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

All true, of course. You have to understand who the gospels were written for - the target audience. The Jewish people had been booted out of Jerusalem and were now living amongst the gentiles where this new religion was starting to take off (mainly amongst Greek speaking people). How to make this new religion more palatable to the diaspora Jews? What better way than to have the hero of the piece be a Jewish messiah figure who fulfilled as many OT scripture prophecies as they could cram into the gospels (often with a lot of shoehorning and mirth-inducing contradictions). This is how Hellenic Judaism (ie. Christianity) came about.

The real irony is that Christians would have us believe that the Hebrew authors of the OT were writing about a messiah who would found a religion which would usurp Judaism and persecute its adherents. That means that those OT authors were cuckolded by God! They were cruelly used as the means of their own demise. Only Christians could be arrogant enough to believe such nonsense. They bastardised another religion and then had the temerity to claim that their saviour had been prophesied by that same religion which they then proceeded to persecute. Not to mention blaming the Jews for his death. Astounding!
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 3:21:53 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:18:47 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
You are incorrect. Joseph did not adopt Jesus. And the female lineage means zero in choosing kings. Mary's genealogy does not matter

Matthew departs from his style when he comes to Jesus, saying: "Jacob became father to Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ." ( Mt 1:16 ) He doesn't say that 'Joseph became father to Jesus' but that he was "the husband or Mary, of whom Jesus was born." Luke says that Jesus was actually the Son of God by Mary ( Lu 1:32-35 ) that "Jesus . . . being the son, as the opinion was, of Joseph, son of Heli." Lu 3:23.

Frederic Louis Godet wrote: "This study of the text in detail leads us in this way to admit1. That the genealogical register of Luke is that of Heli, the grandfather of Jesus; 2. That, this affiliation of Jesus by Heli being expressly opposed to His affiliation by Joseph, the document which he has preserved for us can be nothing else in his view than the genealogy of Jesus through Mary. But why does not Luke name Mary, and why pass immediately from Jesus to His grandfather? Ancient sentiment did not comport with the mention of the mother as the genealogical link. Among the Greeks a man was the son of his father, not of his mother; and among the Jews the adage was: 'Genus matris non vocatur genus ( "The descendant of the mother is not called (her) descendant")' ('Baba bathra,' 110, a)." Commentary on Luke, 1981, p. 129.

Both genealogies show descent from David - through Solomon and through Nathan. ( Mt 1:6 / Lu 3:31 ) They come together again in two persons; Shealtiel and Zerubbabel. Shealtiel was the son of Jeconiah, perhaps by marriage to the daughter of Neri - he was then the "son of Neri." or Neri's son-in-law. It is also possible that Neri had no sons, so that Shealtiel was counted as his "son." ( Compare Mt 1:12 / Lu 3:27 / 1 Ch 3:17-19 )

So, Jesus was actually the Son of God and the natural heir to the Kingdom by miraculous birth through the virgin girl Mary, of David's line, and Jesus was also the legal heir in the male line of descent from David and Solomon through his adoptive father Joseph. ( Lu 1:32, 35 / Ro 1:1-4 )
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 3:23:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:32:25 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Your correct, Mary's genealogy has got nothing to do with it. But Jesus was still conceived by a seperate third party, and not Joseph. That is the fundamental problem here. If Joseph didn't directly impregnate Mary, he is not the father. It's as simple as that really.

Based upon . . .?

The first chapter of Matthew the genealogy of Jesus runs from Abraham forward. In Luke Chapter 3 the genealogy goes back to "Adam son of God." Part of Jesus genealogy also appears at 1 Chronicles chapters 1 to 3, running from Adam through Solomon and Zerubbabel. The books of Genesis and Ruth combined give the line from Adam to David.

The latter three lists - Genesis/Ruth, 1 Chronicles and Luke - agree fully from Adam to Arpachshad, with minor differences on certain names such as Kenan, which is "Cainan" at Lu 3:37. The Chronicles and Genesis/Ruth lists agree down to David while another "Cainan" is found in Luke's account between Arpachshad and Shelah. ( Lu 3:35 - 36 )

From Solomon to Zerubbabel the Chronicles record and Matthew agree though Matthew omits some names. The answer to your question needs to address these as well as the differences in Luke's account from David to Jesus.

Genealogy involved private family records in addition to the public records of genealogies which chroniclers, such as Ezra, for example, had access to when they compiled their lists. To the registers that existed in the first century up until 70 C.E. the matter of the descent of the Messiah from Abraham through David was very important.

Matthew and Luke no doubt consulted these genealogical tables.

The question is why does Matthew leave out some names that are contained in the listing of other chroniclers? For one thing it is not necessary to name every link in the line of descent. Ezra, for example, in proving his priestly lineage, at Ezra 7:1-5 , left out several names that were listed at 1 Chronicles 6:1-15. Matthew seems to have copied from the public register - leaving out some names not needed to prove the descent of Jesus from Abraham and David. Access of the Hebrew Scriptures would have likely been used as well. ( Ru 4:12, 18-22 and Mt 1:3-6 )

Both the lists made by Matthew and Luke would have been publicly recognized by the Jews of that time as authentic. The Pharisees as well as the Sadducees - bitter enemies of Christianity didn't challenge these genealogies. They could have done so up until 70 C.E. when the records were destroyed in the destruction of Jerusalem.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 3:39:29 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:32:54 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What about all the indications of what Jesus would go through, written many years before Jesus came to earth. The linage to King David is through Joseph.

There are five strong prophecies foretelling what the Messiah or Jesus will go through.

Micah 5 :2 The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Fulfillment Matthew 2:1
Psalms 22:18 casting lots for his garments. Fulfillment John 29: 23,24
Psalms 34:20 No bones broken Fulfillment John 19: 33
Isaiah 53:5 Spear in his side Fulfillment John 19: 34
Zechariah 11:12, 13 Betrayal by Judas Fulfillment Matthew 26:14, 15 27: 5
That's a joke, isn't it?
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 4:00:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 3:21:53 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/13/2016 1:18:47 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
You are incorrect. Joseph did not adopt Jesus. And the female lineage means zero in choosing kings. Mary's genealogy does not matter

Matthew departs from his style when he comes to Jesus, saying: "Jacob became father to Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ." ( Mt 1:16 ) He doesn't say that 'Joseph became father to Jesus' but that he was "the husband or Mary, of whom Jesus was born." Luke says that Jesus was actually the Son of God by Mary ( Lu 1:32-35 ) that "Jesus . . . being the son, as the opinion was, of Joseph, son of Heli." Lu 3:23.

Frederic Louis Godet wrote: "This study of the text in detail leads us in this way to admit1. That the genealogical register of Luke is that of Heli, the grandfather of Jesus; 2. That, this affiliation of Jesus by Heli being expressly opposed to His affiliation by Joseph, the document which he has preserved for us can be nothing else in his view than the genealogy of Jesus through Mary. But why does not Luke name Mary, and why pass immediately from Jesus to His grandfather? Ancient sentiment did not comport with the mention of the mother as the genealogical link. Among the Greeks a man was the son of his father, not of his mother; and among the Jews the adage was: 'Genus matris non vocatur genus ( "The descendant of the mother is not called (her) descendant")' ('Baba bathra,' 110, a)." Commentary on Luke, 1981, p. 129.

Both genealogies show descent from David - through Solomon and through Nathan. ( Mt 1:6 / Lu 3:31 ) They come together again in two persons; Shealtiel and Zerubbabel. Shealtiel was the son of Jeconiah, perhaps by marriage to the daughter of Neri - he was then the "son of Neri." or Neri's son-in-law. It is also possible that Neri had no sons, so that Shealtiel was counted as his "son." ( Compare Mt 1:12 / Lu 3:27 / 1 Ch 3:17-19 )

So, Jesus was actually the Son of God and the natural heir to the Kingdom by miraculous birth through the virgin girl Mary, of David's line, and Jesus was also the legal heir in the male line of descent from David and Solomon through his adoptive father Joseph. ( Lu 1:32, 35 / Ro 1:1-4 )

And Romans 1 1-3 is really the kicker. Its the best explanation in my opinion. Jesus is, through joseph an heir according to the flesh and through immaculate conception an heir according to the spirit.
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 5:11:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 3:39:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/13/2016 1:32:54 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What about all the indications of what Jesus would go through, written many years before Jesus came to earth. The linage to King David is through Joseph.

There are five strong prophecies foretelling what the Messiah or Jesus will go through.

Micah 5 :2 The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Fulfillment Matthew 2:1
Psalms 22:18 casting lots for his garments. Fulfillment John 29: 23,24
Psalms 34:20 No bones broken Fulfillment John 19: 33
Isaiah 53:5 Spear in his side Fulfillment John 19: 34
Zechariah 11:12, 13 Betrayal by Judas Fulfillment Matthew 26:14, 15 27: 5
That's a joke, isn't it?

Did you check the fulfillment scriptures. I know you didn't, as you are just like the politicians, if you can't think of anything to say, you just say anything.
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 5:31:51 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 5:11:44 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/13/2016 3:39:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/13/2016 1:32:54 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What about all the indications of what Jesus would go through, written many years before Jesus came to earth. The linage to King David is through Joseph.

There are five strong prophecies foretelling what the Messiah or Jesus will go through.

Micah 5 :2 The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Fulfillment Matthew 2:1
Psalms 22:18 casting lots for his garments. Fulfillment John 29: 23,24
Psalms 34:20 No bones broken Fulfillment John 19: 33
Isaiah 53:5 Spear in his side Fulfillment John 19: 34
Zechariah 11:12, 13 Betrayal by Judas Fulfillment Matthew 26:14, 15 27: 5
That's a joke, isn't it?

Did you check the fulfillment scriptures. I know you didn't, as you are just like the politicians, if you can't think of anything to say, you just say anything.
The rest also defeat your argument but here's one I prepared ealier.
Psalm 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:13:51 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

It's a crazy claim. You claim he is God's son yet try and link him to Joseph. It is clear in the Torah that the messiah must have genetic links to king David. Adoption does not count.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:16:08 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:03:09 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
The difference in nearly all the names in Luke's genealogy of Jesus as compared with Matthew's is quickly resolved in the fact that Luke traced the line through David's son Nathan, instead of Solomon as did Matthew. ( Lu 3:31 / Mt 1:6,7 ) Luke follows the ancestry of Mary which shows Jesus' natural descent from David. Matthew shows Jesus' legal right to the throne of David by descent from Solomon through Joseph, who was legally Jesus' father. Both signify that Joseph wasn't Jesus' actual father, only his adoptive father and giving him legal right.

The Torah is clear links must be genetic not through adoption.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:20:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 1:32:54 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
What about all the indications of what Jesus would go through, written many years before Jesus came to earth. The linage to King David is through Joseph.

There are five strong prophecies foretelling what the Messiah or Jesus will go through.

Micah 5 :2 The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Fulfillment Matthew 2:1
Psalms 22:18 casting lots for his garments. Fulfillment John 29: 23,24
Psalms 34:20 No bones broken Fulfillment John 19: 33
Isaiah 53:5 Spear in his side Fulfillment John 19: 34
Zechariah 11:12, 13 Betrayal by Judas Fulfillment Matthew 26:14, 15 27: 5

But it was prophesied the messiah would be an ancestor of king David. Christianity contradicts itself in claiming a god impregnated Mary making genetic links on the paternal side to David Impossible.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:27:47 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

It was only needed that Jesus was born in the family of David as he was. There is actually no need Jesus to be biological offspring of David, because that is not what the Bible says.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:32:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:27:47 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

It was only needed that Jesus was born in the family of David as he was. There is actually no need Jesus to be biological offspring of David, because that is not what the Bible says.

Actually its clear the messiah needs genetic links to king David. The contradictory claim about being impregnated by a god was intended to attract people of pagan faiths.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:37:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:13:51 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

It's a crazy claim. You claim he is God's son yet try and link him to Joseph. It is clear in the Torah that the messiah must have genetic links to king David. Adoption does not count.

He was not adopted. There was no need for adoption. He was born in the flesh as the son of Joseph a descendent of David, with all the benefits of a son. He was conceived of the spirit as the son of God. But its not my claim at all it is the claim made in scripture.

Romans
1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:44:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:37:21 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:13:51 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

It's a crazy claim. You claim he is God's son yet try and link him to Joseph. It is clear in the Torah that the messiah must have genetic links to king David. Adoption does not count.

He was not adopted. There was no need for adoption. He was born in the flesh as the son of Joseph a descendent of David, with all the benefits of a son. He was conceived of the spirit as the son of God. But its not my claim at all it is the claim made in scripture.

Romans
1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:


It's not possible. Either he was Joseph's son or God's son. Since Mary was allegedly a virgin it is actually impossible for Joseph to be the father. The bible writers would have been more successful if they claimed God influenced the baby during the act of sex or something but due to pagan desires for virgins being impregnated by God's they decided to go for a full on contradiction of Jewish prophecy.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Danb6177
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:55:19 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:44:48 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:37:21 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:13:51 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

It's a crazy claim. You claim he is God's son yet try and link him to Joseph. It is clear in the Torah that the messiah must have genetic links to king David. Adoption does not count.

He was not adopted. There was no need for adoption. He was born in the flesh as the son of Joseph a descendent of David, with all the benefits of a son. He was conceived of the spirit as the son of God. But its not my claim at all it is the claim made in scripture.

Romans
1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:


It's not possible. Either he was Joseph's son or God's son. Since Mary was allegedly a virgin it is actually impossible for Joseph to be the father. The bible writers would have been more successful if they claimed God influenced the baby during the act of sex or something but due to pagan desires for virgins being impregnated by God's they decided to go for a full on contradiction of Jewish prophecy.

With God all things are possible. Jesus was to come from the line of Joseph, which he did. Just ask anyone who was around at that time who jesus father was.

John
6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know ? how is it then that he saith , I came down from heaven?

Mathew
13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mark
6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary *, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Luke
4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 9:50:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

You're an idiot. Sorry, but it's the truth.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
bulproof
Posts: 25,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 10:15:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:27:47 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

It was only needed that Jesus was born in the family of David as he was. There is actually no need Jesus to be biological offspring of David, because that is not what the Bible says.
Genealogy is just another subject upon which you have absolutely no knowledge, please stay in your kindergarten you are an embarrassment here.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 4:03:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:55:19 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:44:48 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:37:21 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:13:51 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 12:52:28 AM, Danb6177 wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

Jesus is a descendant of David through Joseph. He was conceived of the holy spirit but he was Josephs son from the lineage of Joseph. Everyone at that time was clear on this.
If only you could have been there with a dna kit you could have stopped the evil Christians at their foundation. But then you would have nothing to do to pass the time now would ya.

It's a crazy claim. You claim he is God's son yet try and link him to Joseph. It is clear in the Torah that the messiah must have genetic links to king David. Adoption does not count.

He was not adopted. There was no need for adoption. He was born in the flesh as the son of Joseph a descendent of David, with all the benefits of a son. He was conceived of the spirit as the son of God. But its not my claim at all it is the claim made in scripture.

Romans
1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:


It's not possible. Either he was Joseph's son or God's son. Since Mary was allegedly a virgin it is actually impossible for Joseph to be the father. The bible writers would have been more successful if they claimed God influenced the baby during the act of sex or something but due to pagan desires for virgins being impregnated by God's they decided to go for a full on contradiction of Jewish prophecy.

With God all things are possible. Jesus was to come from the line of Joseph, which he did. Just ask anyone who was around at that time who jesus father was.

John
6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know ? how is it then that he saith , I came down from heaven?

Mathew
13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mark
6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary *, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Luke
4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?


So now your claiming Jesus's father was Joseph and not God?

How was Mary a virgin as if Joseph was the father this would not be the case.

A more logical story would have been for Mary and Joseph to conceive the child naturally but God installed the special divine elements in this baby to make him the messiah. However the gospel writers were more concerned with converting pagans in the early second century then making a story credible to people 1, 900 years later.

It's so obvious Jesus is not the messiah prophesised by Jewish scripture. Therefore Christianity is clearly a fraud. Jesus was one of many false prophets, messiahs and God's from ancient history.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 4:27:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

To expand on your analysis. You should also take into account not only did his disciples try to frame Jesus as a messiah, Jesus himself claimed to be a messiah. So either Jesus was a liar and lunatic for making such a preposterous claim or the disciples were also guilty of lying for perpetuating his claims.
Which brings us to the other question. Did tbe Jews kill an innocent Jesus who was what he ckaimed he was a messiah or they put to death a blasphemous liar and lunatic? The Jews are still around to answer the question and most support the latter.
It is reasonable to concluded the Christians have their messiah in Jesus who was crucified because he was a blasphemous liar and lunatic and the Jews have no issue with that.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 4:36:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 4:27:16 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/12/2016 11:52:08 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
According to the Torah, the Messiah, the Mashiach, must be a descendant of King David. This is why the Torah named him "Mashiach Ben David." The Messiah, a son of David, which means he has to be linked to King David. This is what G-d says in the Old Testament. Come along the people that wrote the New Testament and they know that the story has to match the Torah, because it has to be from the same God, there cannot be any contradiction. So, they come and describe all the generations from Kind David until Josef the carpenter, and, why, because they are trying to link Jesus to King David. If Jesus is not connected to King David he cannot be the Messiah. Because, if he is going to be a great grandson of King David he has a chance, not necessarily that he is the Messiah, but he at least he has a chance.

This is where Christianity made a fatal mistake. In their zeal to make Jesus more than just a man, in fact to make him into a god, they had to forgo a typical biological conception story and make Jesus the product of a divine inseminator and a human woman. Otherwise he would have been rejected by practically all of the followers of pagan religions as being less than divine. And it was these people that Christianity desperately needed to convert.

Although Matthew and Luke devised contradictory and obviously fictional genealogies to connect Jesus to King David, it is quite clear to the most casual observer that Jesus was not the son of his mother"s husband, Joseph. And because of this, Jesus could not be the Jewish Messiah. And because of that, Christianity is a fraud.

To expand on your analysis. You should also take into account not only did his disciples try to frame Jesus as a messiah, Jesus himself claimed to be a messiah. So either Jesus was a liar and lunatic for making such a preposterous claim or the disciples were also guilty of lying for perpetuating his claims.
Which brings us to the other question. Did tbe Jews kill an innocent Jesus who was what he ckaimed he was a messiah or they put to death a blasphemous liar and lunatic? The Jews are still around to answer the question and most support the latter.
It is reasonable to concluded the Christians have their messiah in Jesus who was crucified because he was a blasphemous liar and lunatic and the Jews have no issue with that.

Spoken like a true unelected champion of christianity.
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 5:40:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:16:08 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The Torah is clear links must be genetic not through adoption.

Source?

It wasn't very common for the Hebrew because they had son-in-law marriage (Levirite) but it was done, in fact it was most commonly done with slaves. Eliezer, for example. Rachel and Leah's children through Jacob by their handmaids. (Genesis 15:2-4; 30:3-8, 12, 13, 24)
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 6:48:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 5:40:35 PM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:16:08 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
The Torah is clear links must be genetic not through adoption.

Source?

It wasn't very common for the Hebrew because they had son-in-law marriage (Levirite) but it was done, in fact it was most commonly done with slaves. Eliezer, for example. Rachel and Leah's children through Jacob by their handmaids. (Genesis 15:2-4; 30:3-8, 12, 13, 24)

There is no biblical basis for the idea of a father passing on his tribal line by adoption. A priest who adopts a son from another tribe cannot make him a priest by adoption.

Joseph could never pass on by adoption that which he doesn't have. Because Joseph descended from Jeconiah (Matthew 1:11) he fell under the curse of that king that none of his descendants could ever sit as king upon the throne of David. (Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30)
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.