Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God........

Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 6:35:16 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

LMAO.....
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
LittleBallofHATE
Posts: 284
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 6:58:23 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

It's worse than that. God created perfect women, and placed them in every corner of the Earth. Then he made the Earth ROUND!
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 10:39:31 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 10:38:41 AM, film wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

oceans act as a buffer sink for CO2.

Could they still be a buffer sink for C02 if it was drinkable water ?
film
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 12:10:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 10:39:31 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/13/2016 10:38:41 AM, film wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

oceans act as a buffer sink for CO2.

Could they still be a buffer sink for C02 if it was drinkable water ?

no.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 12:10:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 12:10:01 PM, film wrote:
At 3/13/2016 10:39:31 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/13/2016 10:38:41 AM, film wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

oceans act as a buffer sink for CO2.

Could they still be a buffer sink for C02 if it was drinkable water ?

no.

Why not ?
film
Posts: 85
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 1:00:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 12:10:50 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/13/2016 12:10:01 PM, film wrote:
At 3/13/2016 10:39:31 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/13/2016 10:38:41 AM, film wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

oceans act as a buffer sink for CO2.

Could they still be a buffer sink for C02 if it was drinkable water ?

no.

Why not ?

Sea water can absorb more carbon dioxide than fresh water without having major environmental effects.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
https://www.google.com...

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 11:15:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

.

lol

.

Ever considered starting your own religion with you as worshiped savior?

You have haven't you?
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 11:23:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:15:41 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

Oh not YOUR view.

Whats' your view on the whole water needed for life, so God creates most of it undrinkable ?

Mysterious ways ? divine genius ? deity trolls ? just doesn't give a f*ck ?
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:20:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:23:03 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:15:41 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

Oh not YOUR view.

Whats' your view on the whole water needed for life, so God creates most of it undrinkable ?

Mysterious ways ? divine genius ? deity trolls ? just doesn't give a f*ck ?

Maybe God's primary focus at creation was not what YOU needed to drink my hopelessly narcissistic friend. God did provide enough water. But wanton people like you in so called developed countries over consume and squander most of it, rendering the rest of the world with not enough.

God did not have to provide the amount of water YOU think was acceptable. You are not, and should not be, the center of His purpose. There is more than enough fresh water on Earth for everyone.

You are like that kid with the suspicious expression in the famous poster who says, "I saw dad with mom last night, I think he was trying to steal my milk!"
https://www.google.com.gh...

His milk. As a kid is born narcissistic, he believes the milk is his, and the only reason dad could be there, would be to steal his milk. I can almost hear the kid ask, when told that Dad was probably there for reasons that had nothing to do with him,

Whats' your view on the whole milk needed for life, so dad steals most of it at night ?
Mysterious ways ? lactose genius ? pasteurized trolls ? just doesn't give a cheese ?


You'll be fine kid, as soon as you quit being in love with your own image.
https://en.wikipedia.org...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 1:20:10 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:23:03 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:15:41 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

Oh not YOUR view.

Whats' your view on the whole water needed for life, so God creates most of it undrinkable ?

Mysterious ways ? divine genius ? deity trolls ? just doesn't give a f*ck ?

Maybe God's primary focus at creation was not what YOU needed to drink my hopelessly narcissistic friend. God did provide enough water. But wanton people like you in so called developed countries over consume and squander most of it, rendering the rest of the world with not enough.

God did not have to provide the amount of water YOU think was acceptable. You are not, and should not be, the center of His purpose. There is more than enough fresh water on Earth for everyone.


You are like that kid with the suspicious expression in the famous poster who says, "I saw dad with mom last night, I think he was trying to steal my milk!"
https://www.google.com.gh...

His milk. As a kid is born narcissistic, he believes the milk is his, and the only reason dad could be there, would be to steal his milk. I can almost hear the kid ask, when told that Dad was probably there for reasons that had nothing to do with him,

Whats' your view on the whole milk needed for life, so dad steals most of it at night ?
Mysterious ways ? lactose genius ? pasteurized trolls ? just doesn't give a cheese ?


You'll be fine kid, as soon as you quit being in love with your own image.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

I dare you to say otherwise on penalty of hell fire. You don't go around claiming people who have claim positive things in their life as answered prayer from God and claim such people are narcissistic right ? Millions, billions suffer ? but yes God helped out your little issue.

But, some one makes the point about God, most water undrinkable,......................yeah that person is a narcissist.

Tell me I am wrong Ethan, tell me that, no actually I do call out such people as narcissists.

Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

Your move.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:20:10 PM, ethang5 wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

Oh not YOUR view.

Whats' your view on the whole water needed for life, so God creates most of it undrinkable ?

Mysterious ways ? divine genius ? deity trolls ? just doesn't give a f*ck ?

Maybe God's primary focus at creation was not what YOU needed to drink my hopelessly narcissistic friend. God did provide enough water. But wanton people like you in so called developed countries over consume and squander most of it, rendering the rest of the world with not enough.

God did not have to provide the amount of water YOU think was acceptable. You are not, and should not be, the center of His purpose. There is more than enough fresh water on Earth for everyone.

You are like that kid with the suspicious expression in the famous poster who says, "I saw dad with mom last night, I think he was trying to steal my milk!"
https://www.google.com.gh...

His milk. As a kid is born narcissistic, he believes the milk is his, and the only reason dad could be there, would be to steal his milk. I can almost hear the kid ask, when told that Dad was probably there for reasons that had nothing to do with him,

Whats' your view on the whole milk needed for life, so dad steals most of it at night ?
Mysterious ways ? lactose genius ? pasteurized trolls ? just doesn't give a cheese ?


You'll be fine kid, as soon as you quit being in love with your own image.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I dare you to say otherwise on penalty of hell fire.

King Jesus has already saved me from Hell so it is no longer possible for me to go there. You cannot scare me with a non-existent threat.

You don't go around claiming people who have claim positive things in their life as answered prayer from God and claim such people are narcissistic right ?

Of course not. Those people did not have, as an underlying assumption in their claim, that God should have healed them or would have been evil if He had not. You, on the other hand, in virtually every post you make about God, seem to assume that God has some duty to do your will. You seem to think you are the center of all He does and charge Him with fault when what He has done does not meet your personal tastes. You are a classic case of narcissism.

Millions, billions suffer ? but yes God helped out your little issue.

Because that person asked. Maybe that person is His son or daughter. Again, why do you think God is responsible for the millions who suffer? From where do you get that assumption?

But, some one makes the point about God, most water undrinkable,......................yeah that person is a narcissist.

Your point was that God should have made more water drinkable. Why? And you are angry enough about it to begin using curse words! As if when God created the world, His only purpose should have been you drinking pleasure.

Tell me I am wrong Ethan, tell me that, no actually I do call out such people as narcissists.

I call narcissists as narcissists. You are one. God doesn't owe you. He did not have to do things the way you like. You and your desire aren't the focus of His purpose. And it is not wrong that you aren't.

Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

Your move.

Thanks. Consider this post my movement.
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:21:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:20:10 PM, ethang5 wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

Oh not YOUR view.

Whats' your view on the whole water needed for life, so God creates most of it undrinkable ?

Mysterious ways ? divine genius ? deity trolls ? just doesn't give a f*ck ?

Maybe God's primary focus at creation was not what YOU needed to drink my hopelessly narcissistic friend. God did provide enough water. But wanton people like you in so called developed countries over consume and squander most of it, rendering the rest of the world with not enough.

God did not have to provide the amount of water YOU think was acceptable. You are not, and should not be, the center of His purpose. There is more than enough fresh water on Earth for everyone.

You are like that kid with the suspicious expression in the famous poster who says, "I saw dad with mom last night, I think he was trying to steal my milk!"
https://www.google.com.gh...

His milk. As a kid is born narcissistic, he believes the milk is his, and the only reason dad could be there, would be to steal his milk. I can almost hear the kid ask, when told that Dad was probably there for reasons that had nothing to do with him,

Whats' your view on the whole milk needed for life, so dad steals most of it at night ?
Mysterious ways ? lactose genius ? pasteurized trolls ? just doesn't give a cheese ?


You'll be fine kid, as soon as you quit being in love with your own image.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I dare you to say otherwise on penalty of hell fire.

King Jesus has already saved me from Hell so it is no longer possible for me to go there. You cannot scare me with a non-existent threat.

You don't go around claiming people who have claim positive things in their life as answered prayer from God and claim such people are narcissistic right ?

Of course not. Those people did not have, as an underlying assumption in their claim, that God should have healed them or would have been evil if He had not. You, on the other hand, in virtually every post you make about God, seem to assume that God has some duty to do your will. You seem to think you are the center of all He does and charge Him with fault when what He has done does not meet your personal tastes. You are a classic case of narcissism.

Is that what you tell yourself, as opposed to people are kind of questioning, well the evidence is as such, this whole God thing as taught to us by our fellow human beings (like you) maybe, just maybe is bullsh*t.


Millions, billions suffer ? but yes God helped out your little issue.

Because that person asked. Maybe that person is His son or daughter. Again, why do you think God is responsible for the millions who suffer? From where do you get that assumption?

Well Ethan go ask this God of yours to heal the amputees, and if it doesn't, might want to question what is going on here.


But, some one makes the point about God, most water undrinkable,......................yeah that person is a narcissist.

Your point was that God should have made more water drinkable. Why? And you are angry enough about it to begin using curse words! As if when God created the world, His only purpose should have been you drinking pleasure.

Well you see Ethan, a basic of alot of life is water, but not just water, the whole drinkable water.

It's easy to attack starwman, if your such a God creating such a world, being all powerful and stuff, and your gonna have alot of water around, here is a f*cking idea, just an idea here me out, make it drinkable as opposed to non drinkable.

I know right ? what a f*cking concept.


Tell me I am wrong Ethan, tell me that, no actually I do call out such people as narcissists.

I call narcissists as narcissists. You are one. God doesn't owe you. He did not have to do things the way you like. You and your desire aren't the focus of His purpose. And it is not wrong that you aren't.

Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

Your move.

Thanks. Consider this post my movement.

I really hope, if there is any justice in this world, you get stranded on an island, no drinkable water. Then as you sit on the beach side with all that ocean you think, man sure would be a good idea if that water was drinkable...................

I think your deluded f*ck, and here is why, just like all the rest, for all your holy than thou, in the name of your God, you can't do anything more than an atheist in the name of zeus can do.

Now, how f*cked up is that ?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:27:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

So, then regarding Christendom and the previous post, its not a view that:

1) God loves you
2) Saves you
4) Cares about you
5) has a place waiting for you
6) wants a personal relationship with you.

Lets get this part ironed down before moving on. I, personally, have never seen a Christian reject 1-6 or call them untrue. Is that what you are stating? 1-6 are false, in Christendom's view?

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I would suspect your rejection of positions 1-6 is what he calls a lie, which is why I want in no uncertain terms to hear your rejection of God loving you, caring for you, etc.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 3:14:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

I am a teacher in psychology on a university. Are you interested in being a model for the Stockholm syndrome in my next seminar? I think my students will grasp the syndrome quickly and learn about it when they will hear you talking like this. You will get a good pay for it.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 3:30:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:15:41 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's.

At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:

King Jesus has already saved me from Hell so it is no longer possible for me to go there. You cannot scare me with a non-existent threat.

You seem to think you are the center of all He does and charge Him with fault when what He has done does not meet your personal tastes. You are a classic case of narcissism.

God doesn't owe you. He did not have to do things the way you like. You and your desire aren't the focus of His purpose. And it is not wrong that you aren't.

It's funny when Ethan contradicts himself. Cue name calling.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

LOL. The Gentle Reader will chuckle reading Ethan's proclamation and wonder how people can actually be so deluded.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:11:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 2:21:14 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:20:10 PM, ethang5 wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

Oh not YOUR view.

Whats' your view on the whole water needed for life, so God creates most of it undrinkable ?

Mysterious ways ? divine genius ? deity trolls ? just doesn't give a f*ck ?

Maybe God's primary focus at creation was not what YOU needed to drink my hopelessly narcissistic friend. God did provide enough water. But wanton people like you in so called developed countries over consume and squander most of it, rendering the rest of the world with not enough.

God did not have to provide the amount of water YOU think was acceptable. You are not, and should not be, the center of His purpose. There is more than enough fresh water on Earth for everyone.

You are like that kid with the suspicious expression in the famous poster who says, "I saw dad with mom last night, I think he was trying to steal my milk!"
https://www.google.com.gh...

His milk. As a kid is born narcissistic, he believes the milk is his, and the only reason dad could be there, would be to steal his milk. I can almost hear the kid ask, when told that Dad was probably there for reasons that had nothing to do with him,

Whats' your view on the whole milk needed for life, so dad steals most of it at night ?
Mysterious ways ? lactose genius ? pasteurized trolls ? just doesn't give a cheese ?


You'll be fine kid, as soon as you quit being in love with your own image.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I dare you to say otherwise on penalty of hell fire.

King Jesus has already saved me from Hell so it is no longer possible for me to go there. You cannot scare me with a non-existent threat.

You don't go around claiming people who have claim positive things in their life as answered prayer from God and claim such people are narcissistic right ?

Of course not. Those people did not have, as an underlying assumption in their claim, that God should have healed them or would have been evil if He had not. You, on the other hand, in virtually every post you make about God, seem to assume that God has some duty to do your will. You seem to think you are the center of all He does and charge Him with fault when what He has done does not meet your personal tastes. You are a classic case of narcissism.

Is that what you tell yourself, as opposed to people are kind of questioning, well the evidence is as such, this whole God thing as taught to us by our fellow human beings (like you) maybe, just maybe is bullsh*t.

I think it is much more likely that your own cynical depression colors your ability to think rationally. you really should talk to someone.

Millions, billions suffer ? but yes God helped out your little issue.

Because that person asked. Maybe that person is His son or daughter. Again, why do you think God is responsible for the millions who suffer? From where do you get that assumption?

Well Ethan go ask this God of yours to heal the amputees, and if it doesn't, might want to question what is going on here.

Don't you mean go command God to heal? Why would God be obliged to do what I ask Him? Are you also one of those dolts who thinks G0od is some sort of algorithm and not a real person?

But, some one makes the point about God, most water undrinkable,......................yeah that person is a narcissist.

Your point was that God should have made more water drinkable. Why? And you are angry enough about it to begin using curse words! As if when God created the world, His only purpose should have been you drinking pleasure.

Well you see Ethan, a basic of alot of life is water, but not just water, the whole drinkable water.

For you yes. Why you think that should be a priority for God is explained only by your narcissism. God can live just fine without water of any kind.

It's easy to attack starwman, if your such a God creating such a world, being all powerful and stuff, and your gonna have alot of water around, here is a f*cking idea, just an idea here me out, make it drinkable as opposed to non drinkable.

I know right ? what a f*cking concept.

Are you dead? Have you been drinking water? And it is still YOUR concept, not Gods. You STILL think God should have done what YOU desire. You will learn.

Tell me I am wrong Ethan, tell me that, no actually I do call out such people as narcissists.

I call out narcissists as narcissists. You are one. God doesn't owe you. He did not have to do things the way you like. You and your desire aren't the focus of His purpose. And it is not wrong that you aren't.

Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

Your move.

Thanks. Consider this post my movement.

I really hope, if there is any justice in this world, you get stranded on an island, no drinkable water. Then as you sit on the beach side with all that ocean you think, man sure would be a good idea if that water was drinkable...................

Ahhh. I get it. You think God should have put a drinking fountain every 500 feet so you can drink whenever you feel thirsty! lol. You are so stuck inside your childish narcissistic mindset you can't even see what you are doing.

You're so much the biased idiot, you don't even know that the ocean was not created salty. It became salty, and will get more salty as time goes on.

I think your deluded f*ck, and here is why, just like all the rest, for all your holy than thou, in the name of your God, you can't do anything more than an atheist in the name of zeus can do.

What should I be able to do that an atheist cannot?

Now, how f*cked up is that ?

None at all. You must think I should be able to change water into wine or wake the dead. Why you would think this is of course, due to your ignorance and bias, but we will let those go. Lets not use some random "atheist". Lets use you.

I'm not suffering. I'm not in emotional distress. I'm not suffering depression. You are. You are miserable and full of angst. Why? Because you're still an emotional child, throwing a tantrum because your daddy won't let you eat more than 2 cookies.

Basically, you're one of these "new world problem" guys grumbling that God isn't your personal genie. Tough. The oceans are not fresh water. Deal with it. God doesn't jump when you command. Deal with it. The universe doesn't revolve around you.

Deal. with. it.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:54:54 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 2:27:49 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

So, then regarding Christendom and the previous post, its not a view that:

1) God loves you
2) Saves you
4) Cares about you
5) has a place waiting for you
6) wants a personal relationship with you.

There is no need for stupidity FJ. IC's contention was not that God loves me and saves me etc, but that those facts taken together means that I am the center of God's focus and thus I should also be called narcissistic.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject. Those five facts do not mean I (or any Christian) is the center of God's universe, or that we think we are.

1. I know it is a miracle that God loves me and I do not deserve that love. A narcissist would wonder why God doesn't pay him a personal visit if He loves him.
2. It is a miracle that God saved me and my salvation involved no effort of mine. It was 100 God's doing out of love and pity for me. A narcissist would think it was God's duty to save him and would accuse God of evil if God didn't save him.
4. It is a miracle that God cares for me and I know He does so because He is a wonderful caring person, not due to any virtue I have. A narcissist would think God should care for him and would think that caring was due to his own intrinsic worth.
5. It is a miracle that God has promised to have a place waiting for me. I know I have no right to enter His home and do not deserve to be there, and wouldn't be there but for His gracious promise. A narcissist would think he had a "right" to God's house and would condemn God if God did not let him in.
6. God wants a personal relationship with me but that in no way confuses me into thinking I'm some sort of dignitary. God is not a respecter of persons so the fact that I am lowly and insignificant does not stop Him from mercy and grace towards me. A moron narcissist would think God wanted and needed him due to God's "need" for worship, love, service, praise, etc. And would view himself as the dominant partner in such a relationship.

Lets get this part ironed down before moving on. I, personally, have never seen a Christian reject 1-6 or call them untrue.

Because they aren't. But I rejected his argument, not those premises. Oh, I know you will keep trying to push this little trick. Maybe this time you'll win with subterfuge. Good luck. It is a step up from stupidity at least.

Is that what you are stating? 1-6 are false, in Christendom's view?

No.

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I would suspect your rejection of positions 1-6 is what he calls a lie,

Let him speak for himself FJ. IC claims to be real smart. I don't think he needs you leading the witness.

...which is why I want in no uncertain terms to hear your rejection of God loving you, caring for you, etc.

I know you do, but you have not yet been able to catch Ethan in one of your clunky semantic tricks. Are you feeling lucky today?

He said, "I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ?"

What basis would that be? I do not reject Christianity, and it isn't the same basis. You might want to confer through PM with him before you post again. Sync up your stories so to speak?
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:59:54 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 3:14:55 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

I am a teacher in psychology on a university.

I pity your students. And your university.

Are you interested in being a model for the Stockholm syndrome in my next seminar? I think my students will grasp the syndrome quickly and learn about it when they will hear you talking like this.

Sorry, I will not help you turn Children into PC idiots unable to think their way out of a wet paper bag.

You will get a good pay for it.

I doubt if you and I have the same judgement of what "good pay" is. Thanks but no thanks.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:03:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 3:30:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:15:41 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 10:37:29 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:19:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 4:08:10 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

lol, yet another "me-centric" interpretation of creation.

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's.

At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:

King Jesus has already saved me from Hell so it is no longer possible for me to go there. You cannot scare me with a non-existent threat.

You seem to think you are the center of all He does and charge Him with fault when what He has done does not meet your personal tastes. You are a classic case of narcissism.

God doesn't owe you. He did not have to do things the way you like. You and your desire aren't the focus of His purpose. And it is not wrong that you aren't.

It's funny when Ethan contradicts himself. Cue name calling.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

LOL. The Gentle Reader will chuckle reading Ethan's proclamation and wonder how people can actually be so deluded.

The Gentle Readers do not share your poverty at reading comprehension, so I'm sure they will usually greet your posts with more puzzlement than mirth.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:12:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 6:54:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 2:27:49 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

So, then regarding Christendom and the previous post, its not a view that:

1) God loves you
2) Saves you
4) Cares about you
5) has a place waiting for you
6) wants a personal relationship with you.

There is no need for stupidity FJ. IC's contention was not that God loves me and saves me etc, but that those facts taken together means that I am the center of God's focus and thus I should also be called narcissistic.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject. Those five facts do not mean I (or any Christian) is the center of God's universe, or that we think we are.

1. I know it is a miracle that God loves me and I do not deserve that love. A narcissist would wonder why God doesn't pay him a personal visit if He loves him.

Well, with you there is no "if" in the equation, you presume to know the mind of God, and that yes, God DOES love you. That, to many people, would sound narcissistic.

2. It is a miracle that God saved me and my salvation involved no effort of mine. It was 100 God's doing out of love and pity for me. A narcissist would think it was God's duty to save him and would accuse God of evil if God didn't save him.

See previous. You assume you are saved, etc etc. You tout it as fact, not whim (which is how you are now painting it).

4. It is a miracle that God cares for me and I know He does so because He is a wonderful caring person, not due to any virtue I have. A narcissist would think God should care for him and would think that caring was due to his own intrinsic worth.

Again, you know the mind of God, and in that 100% accurate and secure knowledge you make statements.

5. It is a miracle that God has promised to have a place waiting for me. I know I have no right to enter His home and do not deserve to be there, and wouldn't be there but for His gracious promise. A narcissist would think he had a "right" to God's house and would condemn God if God did not let him in.

Or a narcissist would presume to know what God wants and does.

6. God wants a personal relationship with me but that in no way confuses me into thinking I'm some sort of dignitary. God is not a respecter of persons so the fact that I am lowly and insignificant does not stop Him from mercy and grace towards me. A moron narcissist would think God wanted and needed him due to God's "need" for worship, love, service, praise, etc. And would view himself as the dominant partner in such a relationship.

Ingratiating yourself to something you are stating the intentions for doesn't change much in this convo, Ethan.

Lets get this part ironed down before moving on. I, personally, have never seen a Christian reject 1-6 or call them untrue.

Because they aren't. But I rejected his argument, not those premises. Oh, I know you will keep trying to push this little trick. Maybe this time you'll win with subterfuge. Good luck. It is a step up from stupidity at least.

Do you know the mind of God? 100%? No doubts? What you say is what God does?

Is that what you are stating? 1-6 are false, in Christendom's view?

No.

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I would suspect your rejection of positions 1-6 is what he calls a lie,

Let him speak for himself FJ. IC claims to be real smart. I don't think he needs you leading the witness.

...which is why I want in no uncertain terms to hear your rejection of God loving you, caring for you, etc.

I know you do, but you have not yet been able to catch Ethan in one of your clunky semantic tricks. Are you feeling lucky today?

Considering what the gentlereaders have weighted in on, I think you are confusing your desire to dodge more so than what is semantics, but, hey, its your knowledge of God's knowledge. Preach on.

He said, "I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ?"

What basis would that be? I do not reject Christianity, and it isn't the same basis. You might want to confer through PM with him before you post again. Sync up your stories so to speak?

Basically you are stating all those things (1-6) are true, but because you have different reasons behind them, it doesn't make you narcissistic, and your different reasons come from your 100% accurate knowledge of the desires of an all powerful omniscient and eternal entity.

Pro tip: the absurdity of the statement is the absurdity of the position being assumed. Not semantics.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:12:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 6:59:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 3:14:55 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:59:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 1:30:04 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

I am a teacher in psychology on a university.

I pity your students. And your university.

No no. Best university there is. Royal University of The Existence. Chancellor: His Majesty Jesus

Are you interested in being a model for the Stockholm syndrome in my next seminar? I think my students will grasp the syndrome quickly and learn about it when they will hear you talking like this.

Sorry, I will not help you turn Children into PC idiots unable to think their way out of a wet paper bag.

No godforsaken liberalism such as psychology on my university. Only truth.

You will get a good pay for it.

I doubt if you and I have the same judgement of what "good pay" is. Thanks but no thanks.

A stay in Paradise. A hotel in Las Vegas with that name. To a discount of 20%.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:26:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:12:23 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:59:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Did I mention if you lie about this it's on penalty of hell fire.

There is now no condemnation to those who believe on the mighty name of His gloriously excellent majesty, King Jesus. The King to whom all other kings bow. As a servant of His Royal Highness, I could walk through Hell now without breaking a sweat. I have no need to lie.

I am a teacher in psychology on a university.

I pity your students. And your university.

No no. Best university there is. Royal University of The Existence. Chancellor: His Majesty Jesus

lol. When His Majesty starts hiring morons, I'll take your claim to be a professor there more seriously.

Are you interested in being a model for the Stockholm syndrome in my next seminar? I think my students will grasp the syndrome quickly and learn about it when they will hear you talking like this.

Sorry, I will not help you turn Children into PC idiots unable to think their way out of a wet paper bag.

No godforsaken liberalism such as psychology on my university. Only truth.

Psychology is fine. The error is in you.

You will get a good pay for it.

I doubt if you and I have the same judgement of what "good pay" is. Thanks but no thanks.

A stay in Paradise. A hotel in Las Vegas with that name. To a discount of 20%.

Try more humor, your failed attempt is still showing.

Anti-theist argumentation. "I'm right, so I'm right. Look, other atheists are laughing at you so I must be right.

Professor.....

Yeah, I was fooled.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:47:20 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:12:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 3/16/2016 6:54:54 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 3/16/2016 2:27:49 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ? God loves you, saves you, cares about what you do, has a place waiting for you, and wants to have a personal relationship with you.

Right Ethan ?

Who's interpretation of Christianity is that? Certainly isn't mine, or the Bible's. But if that is how you see it, no wonder you dislike it. It doesn't seem to be focused on you as much as you would like.

So, then regarding Christendom and the previous post, its not a view that:

1) God loves you
2) Saves you
4) Cares about you
5) has a place waiting for you
6) wants a personal relationship with you.

There is no need for stupidity FJ. IC's contention was not that God loves me and saves me etc, but that those facts taken together means that I am the center of God's focus and thus I should also be called narcissistic.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject. Those five facts do not mean I (or any Christian) is the center of God's universe, or that we think we are.

1. I know it is a miracle that God loves me and I do not deserve that love. A narcissist would wonder why God doesn't pay him a personal visit if He loves him.

Well, with you there is no "if" in the equation, you presume to know the mind of God,

It isn't presumption. The Bible contains much of the mind of God when it comes to salvation.

...and that yes, God DOES love you. That, to many people, would sound narcissistic.

The preaching of the cross is to many foolishness, but to us who believe, it is the power of God to save. God tells me in the Bible that He loves me. I did not presume it. But everyone is free to make their own judgements, what do I care what judgement an atheist makes of my salvation?

2. It is a miracle that God saved me and my salvation involved no effort of mine. It was 100 God's doing out of love and pity for me. A narcissist would think it was God's duty to save him and would accuse God of evil if God didn't save him.

See previous. You assume you are saved, etc etc. You tout it as fact, not whim (which is how you are now painting it).

See previous. Ooze. Slide. Slither.

4. It is a miracle that God cares for me and I know He does so because He is a wonderful caring person, not due to any virtue I have. A narcissist would think God should care for him and would think that caring was due to his own intrinsic worth.

Again, you know the mind of God, and in that 100% accurate and secure knowledge you make statements.

The Bible is true. And it remains so even when anti-theists disagree. Irks them to no end.

5. It is a miracle that God has promised to have a place waiting for me. I know I have no right to enter His home and do not deserve to be there, and wouldn't be there but for His gracious promise. A narcissist would think he had a "right" to God's house and would condemn God if God did not let him in.

Or a narcissist would presume to know what God wants and does.

If he read and believed the Bible, he would.

6. God wants a personal relationship with me but that in no way confuses me into thinking I'm some sort of dignitary. God is not a respecter of persons so the fact that I am lowly and insignificant does not stop Him from mercy and grace towards me. A moron narcissist would think God wanted and needed him due to God's "need" for worship, love, service, praise, etc. And would view himself as the dominant partner in such a relationship.

Ingratiating yourself to something you are stating the intentions for doesn't change much in this convo, Ethan.

There isn't much in this convo that needs to change.

Lets get this part ironed down before moving on. I, personally, have never seen a Christian reject 1-6 or call them untrue.

Because they aren't. But I rejected his argument, not those premises. Oh, I know you will keep trying to push this little trick. Maybe this time you'll win with subterfuge. Good luck. It is a step up from stupidity at least.

Do you know the mind of God? 100%? No doubts? What you say is what God does?

Not what I say. What the Bible says.

Is that what you are stating? 1-6 are false, in Christendom's view?

No.

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I would suspect your rejection of positions 1-6 is what he calls a lie,

Let him speak for himself FJ. IC claims to be real smart. I don't think he needs you leading the witness.

...which is why I want in no uncertain terms to hear your rejection of God loving you, caring for you, etc.

I know you do, but you have not yet been able to catch Ethan in one of your clunky semantic tricks. Are you feeling lucky today?

Considering what the gentlereaders have weighted in on, I think you are confusing your desire to dodge more so than what is semantics, but, hey, its your knowledge of God's knowledge. Preach on.

lol. More semantics. And so weak they die without me eviscerating them.

He said, "I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ?"

What basis would that be? I do not reject Christianity, and it isn't the same basis. You might want to confer through PM with him before you post again. Sync up your stories so to speak?

Basically you are stating all those things (1-6) are true, but because you have different reasons behind them, it doesn't make you narcissistic,

No. That isn't what I'm saying. That is what you want me to be saying because you know you cannot logically address what I am saying.

...and your different reasons come from your 100% accurate knowledge of the desires of an all powerful omniscient and eternal entity.

Nice try. But I need not respond to your "re-statement" of my argument. The question here is, Was IC's argument correct? It was not. Facts can be used in an illogical argument. The facts aren't in contention, the argument is.

Would you like me to teach you the difference between bald facts and arguments?

Pro tip: the absurdity of the statement is the absurdity of the position being assumed. Not semantics.

Read this again slowly.
There is no need for stupidity FJ. IC's contention was not that God loves me and saves me etc, but that those facts taken together means that I am the center of God's focus and thus I should also be called narcissistic.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject.

I called no statement absurd. I called an argument absurd. You got caught trying to use semantics to obfuscate an argument. Move on man.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 11:37:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago

So, then regarding Christendom and the previous post, its not a view that:

1) God loves you
2) Saves you
4) Cares about you
5) has a place waiting for you
6) wants a personal relationship with you.

There is no need for stupidity FJ. IC's contention was not that God loves me and saves me etc, but that those facts taken together means that I am the center of God's focus and thus I should also be called narcissistic.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject. Those five facts do not mean I (or any Christian) is the center of God's universe, or that we think we are.

1. I know it is a miracle that God loves me and I do not deserve that love. A narcissist would wonder why God doesn't pay him a personal visit if He loves him.


It isn't presumption. The Bible contains much of the mind of God when it comes to salvation.

Fantastic. You -know- the mind of an (free) agency with all power, all knowledge, is eternal, and omnipresent. You know what it must do.

...and that yes, God DOES love you. That, to many people, would sound narcissistic.

The preaching of the cross is to many foolishness, but to us who believe, it is the power of God to save. God tells me in the Bible that He loves me. I did not presume it. But everyone is free to make their own judgements, what do I care what judgement an atheist makes of my salvation?

2. It is a miracle that God saved me and my salvation involved no effort of mine. It was 100 God's doing out of love and pity for me. A narcissist would think it was God's duty to save him and would accuse God of evil if God didn't save him.

See previous. You assume you are saved, etc etc. You tout it as fact, not whim (which is how you are now painting it).

See previous. Ooze. Slide. Slither.

Stating facts isn't oozing. You are dictating God. How nice of you.

4. It is a miracle that God cares for me and I know He does so because He is a wonderful caring person, not due to any virtue I have. A narcissist would think God should care for him and would think that caring was due to his own intrinsic worth.

Again, you know the mind of God, and in that 100% accurate and secure knowledge you make statements.

The Bible is true. And it remains so even when anti-theists disagree. Irks them to no end.

Then God has no free will. Problem?

5. It is a miracle that God has promised to have a place waiting for me. I know I have no right to enter His home and do not deserve to be there, and wouldn't be there but for His gracious promise. A narcissist would think he had a "right" to God's house and would condemn God if God did not let him in.

Or a narcissist would presume to know what God wants and does.

If he read and believed the Bible, he would.

6. God wants a personal relationship with me but that in no way confuses me into thinking I'm some sort of dignitary. God is not a respecter of persons so the fact that I am lowly and insignificant does not stop Him from mercy and grace towards me. A moron narcissist would think God wanted and needed him due to God's "need" for worship, love, service, praise, etc. And would view himself as the dominant partner in such a relationship.

Ingratiating yourself to something you are stating the intentions for doesn't change much in this convo, Ethan.

There isn't much in this convo that needs to change.

Lets get this part ironed down before moving on. I, personally, have never seen a Christian reject 1-6 or call them untrue.

Because they aren't. But I rejected his argument, not those premises. Oh, I know you will keep trying to push this little trick. Maybe this time you'll win with subterfuge. Good luck. It is a step up from stupidity at least.

Do you know the mind of God? 100%? No doubts? What you say is what God does?

Not what I say. What the Bible says.

Is that what you are stating? 1-6 are false, in Christendom's view?

No.

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I would suspect your rejection of positions 1-6 is what he calls a lie,

Let him speak for himself FJ. IC claims to be real smart. I don't think he needs you leading the witness.

...which is why I want in no uncertain terms to hear your rejection of God loving you, caring for you, etc.

I know you do, but you have not yet been able to catch Ethan in one of your clunky semantic tricks. Are you feeling lucky today?

Considering what the gentlereaders have weighted in on, I think you are confusing your desire to dodge more so than what is semantics, but, hey, its your knowledge of God's knowledge. Preach on.

lol. More semantics. And so weak they die without me eviscerating them.

I am beginning to think "semantics" is what you call things you would prefer not to/can't contend.

He said, "I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ?"

What basis would that be?

Narcissism, by.


Basically you are stating all those things (1-6) are true, but because you have different reasons behind them, it doesn't make you narcissistic,

No. That isn't what I'm saying. That is what you want me to be saying because you know you cannot logically address what I am saying.

Because you simply are being contrarian to me trying to sum up your argument. You realize in doing so, it no longer gives you an out. If 1-6 is true (and according to you they are), a conclusion can be drawn from it, and the conclusion suggested doesn't appear to be unreasonable.

...and your different reasons come from your 100% accurate knowledge of the desires of an all powerful omniscient and eternal entity.

Nice try. But I need not respond to your "re-statement" of my argument. The question here is, Was IC's argument correct? It was not. Facts can be used in an illogical argument. The facts aren't in contention, the argument is.

You didn't actually correct my position, here. You are dismissing the summation, not refuting it. You disagree with why 1-6 isn't true. That doesn't change a conclusion.


Pro tip: the absurdity of the statement is the absurdity of the position being assumed. Not semantics.

Read this again slowly.

And read this again, at whatever speed you prefer because you are going to ignore it: "There is nothing wrong with that conclusion". You are attempting to save yourself by stating you know 100% the mind of God, and its Iron Clad that what you engage regarding Christendom; it MUST be true due to that knowledge, or more appropriately, your interpretation.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject.

And this rejection is based on.... what?

The way it seems, your rejection stems from your different reasons for agreeing with 1-6. That, however, doesn't change 1-6. They are still facts asserted by you regarding your 100% accurate knowledge of God.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 3:18:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 11:37:03 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So, then regarding Christendom and the previous post, its not a view that:

1) God loves you
2) Saves you
4) Cares about you
5) has a place waiting for you
6) wants a personal relationship with you.

There is no need for stupidity FJ. IC's contention was not that God loves me and saves me etc, but that those facts taken together means that I am the center of God's focus and thus I should also be called narcissistic.

His premises are true but his conclusion is false. As such, his argument is illogical and that is what I reject. Those five facts do not mean I (or any Christian) is the center of God's universe, or that we think we are.

1. I know it is a miracle that God loves me and I do not deserve that love. A narcissist would wonder why God doesn't pay him a personal visit if He loves him.

It isn't presumption. The Bible contains much of the mind of God when it comes to salvation.

Fantastic. You -know- the mind of an (free) agency with all power, all knowledge, is eternal, and omnipresent. You know what it must do.

Please, must I beg you to ditch stupidity every time we debate? I know the Bible, inspired by God. I do not know God in totality. I know you must spin it that way because you have no real argument, but can't you spin AND not be stupid?

...and that yes, God DOES love you. That, to many people, would sound narcissistic.

The preaching of the cross is to many foolishness, but to us who believe, it is the power of God to save. God tells me in the Bible that He loves me. I did not presume it. But everyone is free to make their own judgements, what do I care what judgement an atheist makes of my salvation?

2. It is a miracle that God saved me and my salvation involved no effort of mine. It was 100 God's doing out of love and pity for me. A narcissist would think it was God's duty to save him and would accuse God of evil if God didn't save him.

See previous. You assume you are saved, etc etc. You tout it as fact, not whim (which is how you are now painting it).

It is fact.

See previous. Ooze. Slide. Slither.

Stating facts isn't oozing. You are dictating God. How nice of you.

By quoting God I'm "dictating" Him? wouldn't it be better for you if you actually got a real argument instead of having to spin one out of whole cloth? Good argumentation is logic and reason, not perception. You always go for the manipulation of perception instead of logical reasoning with facts. Why is that?

4. It is a miracle that God cares for me and I know He does so because He is a wonderful caring person, not due to any virtue I have. A narcissist would think God should care for him and would think that caring was due to his own intrinsic worth.

Again, you know the mind of God, and in that 100% accurate and secure knowledge you make statements.

Ever heard of a little book called the Bible? Yeah? Are you still blown away that Christians consider it the Word of God? News to you?

The Bible is true. And it remains so even when anti-theists disagree. Irks them to no end.

Then God has no free will. Problem?

No problem. If your stupidity bothered me I wouldn't speak to you. You want to ooze now to the new topic of God and His free will, I see. No Sir. Concede or continue to get tossed. All work and no lolz makes Ethan an un-entertaining boy.

5. It is a miracle that God has promised to have a place waiting for me. I know I have no right to enter His home and do not deserve to be there, and wouldn't be there but for His gracious promise. A narcissist would think he had a "right" to God's house and would condemn God if God did not let him in.

Or a narcissist would presume to know what God wants and does.

If he read and believed the Bible, he would. And then he would stop being a narcissist forthwith.

6. God wants a personal relationship with me but that in no way confuses me into thinking I'm some sort of dignitary. God is not a respecter of persons so the fact that I am lowly and insignificant does not stop Him from mercy and grace towards me. A moron narcissist would think God wanted and needed him due to God's "need" for worship, love, service, praise, etc. And would view himself as the dominant partner in such a relationship.

Ingratiating yourself to something you are stating the intentions for doesn't change much in this convo, Ethan.

There isn't much in this convo that needs to change.

Lets get this part ironed down before moving on. I, personally, have never seen a Christian reject 1-6 or call them untrue.

Because they aren't. But I rejected his argument, not those premises. Oh, I know you will keep trying to push this little trick. Maybe this time you'll win with subterfuge. Good luck. It is a step up from stupidity at least.

Do you know the mind of God? 100%? No doubts? What you say is what God does?

Not what I say. What the Bible says.

Is that what you are stating? 1-6 are false, in Christendom's view

No.

Your a lying f*ck Ethan.

lol. Perception manipulation. Creative editing FJ. I will irk you some more. I will leave in your, ...ahem, creative editing and still beat you. Watch.

Calm down grasshopper. If you accuse a person of lying, post the lie.

I would suspect your rejection of positions 1-6 is what he calls a lie,

Let him speak for himself FJ. IC claims to be real smart. I don't think he needs you leading the witness.

...which is why I want in no uncertain terms to hear your rejection of God loving you, caring for you, etc.

I know you do, but you have not yet been able to catch Ethan in one of your clunky semantic tricks. Are you feeling lucky today?

Considering what the gentlereaders have weighted in on, I think you are confusing your desire to dodge more so than what is semantics, but, hey, its your knowledge of God's knowledge. Preach on.

Thank you. I will.

lol. More semantics. And so weak they die without me eviscerating them.

I am beginning to think "semantics" is what you call things you would prefer not to/can't contend.

Has your argument stopped bleeding? If I "prefer not to contend" with it anymore it might die of my "not contending" with it. Go ahead, tell us it's sleeping, not at deaths door. Take a chance that the Gentle Readers won't know that true statements can be used in illogical arguments. They could be as stupid as you seem to think.

He said, "I take it you reject Christianity on the same basis right ?"

What basis would that be?

Narcissism, by.

A narcissist would believe God loves him because He is intrinsically worthy. A Christian believes God loves him because God has said He does. I know the difference will be lost on you, but I like to keep the Gentle Readers in mind.

Basically you are stating all those things (1-6) are true, but because you have different reasons behind them, it doesn't make you narcissistic,

No. That isn't what I'm saying. That is what you want me to be saying because you know you cannot logically address what I am saying.

Because you simply are being contrarian to me trying to sum up your argument.

No. It is his conclusion that is illogical. The truth of the premises do not matter to the internal logical validity of an argument.

You realize in doing so, it no longer gives you an out. If 1-6 is true (and according to you they are), a conclusion can be drawn from it, and the conclusion suggested doesn't appear to be unreasonable.

Sure, to you. But you are not only biased, you are also alarmingly poor at logic. I called it illogical in that it doesn't follow from his premises. Perhaps if you brushed up on logic?