Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do spirits exist?

12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 8:36:17 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Title suggests something different than what your pushing...but I guess my answer is the same whether we're talking about ghosts or Holy ghosts.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 9:02:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Now I'm confused .
Is this a test ? .
Because for the last 3 days the christians have been expressing their , well hatred for the old man on man love. Quite the homophobes they are . And now god wants me to love him . And get down on my knees before him . I'm not answering for fear it may Incriminate me
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 11:38:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion, a product of a brain. It had no independent existence outside of brains:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Spirits are not an emotion. Belief in spirits (the concept) may be a product of the human brain but the thing itself certainly cannot be. Yours is a false equivalence fallacy.
tarantula
Posts: 866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2016 11:58:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love means different things to different people. I couldn't love anyone I didn't like.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 11:32:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 11:38:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
Love is an emotion, a product of a brain. It had no independent existence outside of brains:

Biblical love is not emotion or feeling. It is more likely attitude or state of mind that makes person do things that show love.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:30:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/14/2016 11:32:51 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 11:38:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
Love is an emotion, a product of a brain. It had no independent existence outside of brains:

Biblical love is not emotion or feeling.

Biblical love? Is that love in Biblical times or love of the Bible? Lol.

It is more likely attitude or state of mind that makes person do things that show love.

Dream on. Whatever, it is still a product of your brain as you have admitted. Therefore everything I said still holds, whether you choose to call it an emotion or not.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:20:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

It depends on what dictionary definition of the word spirit you want to use.
Which particular definition and which particular dictionary would you like us to use?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love exists in people. It is experienced by most people and can be observed even if people only observe acts of love and kindness and don't feel that anyone truly loves them personally.
Love is an emotion or attitude of mind which is subject to human perception.

If God is love, then God is also an attitude of the mind which is subject to human perception.
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 4:41:00 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

There is a concrete garden gnome in my garden.
You can buy one too since they exist.
http://www.ebay.com...

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

Since God is love, God exists in everybody.
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 4:44:37 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/15/2016 4:41:00 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

There is a concrete garden gnome in my garden.
You can buy one too since they exist.
http://www.ebay.com...

Sorry, I am talking about real flesh and blood garden gnomes. And just because there is an animated fairy in Peter Pan doesn't mean they actually exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

Since God is love, God exists in everybody.

You can't even demonstrate God exists any more than garden gnomes. If you make a concrete figurine of God and stick it in your yard then I will admit that concrete toy Gods can exist.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 4:53:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Well, i think everyone is a spirit in a vessel form right now... i have good reason to believe so, but... i also have good reason to know it doesn't come from any organized religion.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 4:54:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/15/2016 4:44:37 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:41:00 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

There is a concrete garden gnome in my garden.
You can buy one too since they exist.
http://www.ebay.com...

Sorry, I am talking about real flesh and blood garden gnomes. And just because there is an animated fairy in Peter Pan doesn't mean they actually exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

Since God is love, God exists in everybody.

You can't even demonstrate God exists any more than garden gnomes. If you make a concrete figurine of God and stick it in your yard then I will admit that concrete toy Gods can exist.

Concrete gods exist whether you want to admit it or not. Have you never seen the artistic idols which represent God in the various religions which worship God?

Google "Statues of God" and check out the images.
Those images are what people imagine their gods look like.
If you want to see the Christian version of God, Google "Christian statues of God"
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 1:37:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

If you noticed the verses were all from John. The Gospel of John presented God as human who became human in Jesus. So a lot of the attributes found in God are human attributes according to John. And John continues to show that Jesus was not only human with human attributes but that he was also a deity or God. And Jesus believed all that and was crucified for his blasphemous claims.

Believing God is love or just an emotion is relatively harmless. There are other emotions like hate, anger, fear etc.. that are more dangerous and destructive. But why does one need to associate God with love. Because if love was God then even animals are God because they too show love and so do insects and so do atheists.

Studies have shown that Chimpanzees are smarter than humans in cognitive tests. It is so unnecessary to challenge human stupidity on DDO when that was already established in the lab by professionals.
Even Chimps are making monkeys out of us.
https://www.theguardian.com...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 3:02:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

Spirit is a word that is undefined in that it is used as a word for when there is no word to use, kind of like, supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. When theists need an excuse to provide some answers for their beliefs, they often use this word to pretend they know what they're talking about and will often use other words to describe it, such as love as a way to validate the definition, when all it manages to accomplish is add confusion. Those who use this word the most have the least to say.

Of course, if spirit is love, then we just call it love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion, like other emotions, which all have biochemical origins in our bodies that react to the stimulate from our senses and brains. Love is not some magical potion.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:39:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 12:30:06 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/14/2016 11:32:51 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 11:38:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
Love is an emotion, a product of a brain. It had no independent existence outside of brains:

Biblical love is not emotion or feeling.

Biblical love? Is that love in Biblical times or love of the Bible? Lol.

Biblical love is love as Bible defines it. And in this case I think it is only valid definition. If moderns people have made own stupid definition, it has nothing to do with Biblical topic and question.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:39:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 2:20:36 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

It depends on what dictionary definition of the word spirit you want to use.
Which particular definition and which particular dictionary would you like us to use?

Because the question is about Biblical Spirit, we should use the definition that Bible uses.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:39:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

Why should I believe you?

If modern people have made their own definition for "love", it has nothing to do with Bibles definition. In this case I think we should use the Bibles definition.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:40:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 1:37:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:
If you noticed the verses were all from John. The Gospel of John presented God as human who became human in Jesus.

I don"t think that is true. John tells that God dwells in Jesus and that God is greater than Jesus.

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I tell you, I speak not from myself; but the Father who lives in me does his works"
John 14:10-14

"Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

Because if love was God then even animals are God because they too show love and so do insects and so do atheists.

I don"t see any reason to believe that.

If we use the definition that Bible has, even humans don"t usually love.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:40:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 3:02:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Love is an emotion,

Why should I believe that? Why should I use your definition rather than Biblical definition, when Bible is the one who uses the word first?
one-mind
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:50:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you? : :

God's love and spirit mean the same thing. It's all invisible information that can't possibly be seen until it's processed through each created being to give his created beings the sense of living in a visible world.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 11:37:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

What cuases this chemical reaction?
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:11:00 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:39:51 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

Why should I believe you?

The chemicals that make love happen are testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, oxytocin, and vasopressin. Some of these are for sexual love, others are for pleasure types of love. We can tell my seeing what is happening in the brain when some of this stuff happens. Really exciting research.

If modern people have made their own definition for "love", it has nothing to do with Bibles definition. In this case I think we should use the Bibles definition.

So you would rather get your definition of love from ancient mythology instead of the dictionary, logic, philosophy, or science? Why?
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:13:09 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:37:23 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

What cuases this chemical reaction?

It is released by neurotransmitters in the brain when you come across certain stimuli.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:15:57 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 12:13:09 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:37:23 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

What cuases this chemical reaction?

It is released by neurotransmitters in the brain when you come across certain stimuli.

What kind of stimuli cuase this emotion of love?
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:26:20 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 12:15:57 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/17/2016 12:13:09 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:37:23 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

What cuases this chemical reaction?

It is released by neurotransmitters in the brain when you come across certain stimuli.

What kind of stimuli cuase this emotion of love?

We don't understand the consciousness part of the brain yet but we find that the stimuli comes from chemicals like testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, oxytocin, and vasopressin.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:35:00 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:39:39 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:30:06 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/14/2016 11:32:51 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/13/2016 11:38:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
Love is an emotion, a product of a brain. It had no independent existence outside of brains:

Biblical love is not emotion or feeling.

Biblical love? Is that love in Biblical times or love of the Bible? Lol.

Biblical love is love as Bible defines it.

Love of what exactly? Presumably God. Please explain how that differs from any kind of love for a person real or imaginary. When I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" I feel a love for the main characters regardless of whether they are fictional. It's all about the emotion of love and you should stop trying to pretend otherwise. There is nothing special about love of God. You personalize him in your brain and respond with the same emotions as you do for real people and things.

And in this case I think it is only valid definition.

Of course you do. Lol.

If moderns people have made own stupid definition, it has nothing to do with Biblical topic and question.

Oh, stop lying. The OP was about the existence of spirits. You threw in the concept of love (no mention of "biblical love" then, this is later goalpost moving by you) as an inane analogy for spirits. I dismantled that analogy and now you want to argue with the accepted dictionary and clinical definitions of love. Welcome to the world of theistic delusion.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:40:00 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:50:41 PM, one-mind wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you? : :

God's love and spirit mean the same thing. It's all invisible information that can't possibly be seen until it's processed through each created being to give his created beings the sense of living in a visible world.

You just can't stay away can you Brad?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:44:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 12:26:20 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/17/2016 12:15:57 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/17/2016 12:13:09 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:37:23 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/15/2016 4:06:07 AM, distraff wrote:
At 3/13/2016 8:28:14 AM, 12_13 wrote:
What is your opinion, does any spirit exist?

On basis of what the Bible tells, God is a Spirit (greatest spirit). And that Spirit is Love.

God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
John 4:24

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

There is no more evidence that spirits exist than that garden gnomes exist.

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Does Love exist? If Love exists, can it be seen in anywhere? Does Love dwell in you?

Love is an emotion. An emotion is a biochemical reaction in the brain. This reaction happens in all humans so love exists in everybody.

What cuases this chemical reaction?

It is released by neurotransmitters in the brain when you come across certain stimuli.

What kind of stimuli cuase this emotion of love?

We don't understand the consciousness part of the brain yet but we find that the stimuli comes from chemicals like testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, oxytocin, and vasopressin.

So we don't understand the thoughts that cuase an emotion of love but we can still explain them away as chemical reactions.

So in your view some chemical reaction cuases another chemical reaction and we experience these chemical reactions as thoughts that cuase love.

Well glad you proved that everything we think and feel is an illusion and amount to nothing more than a chemical reaction.

Tell me how the frack do you know the thought doesn't cuase the chemical reaction?

Couldn't the thoughts be like inputs into a computer that generates relevant links in memory or exposes access to other thoughts?