Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Absurd Christian position on abortion.

Chloe8
Posts: 3,256
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sadly, miscarriages are a very common occurrence. Sources vary, but many estimate that approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; and some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

Although statistics can vary slightly from one source to the next, here is a general account (based primarily on information provided by the March of Dimes) of the frequency of miscarriages in the United States:

There are about 4.4 million confirmed pregnancies in the U.S. every year.
900,000 to 1 million of those end in pregnancy losses EVERY year.
More than 500,000 pregnancies each year end in miscarriage (occurring during the first 20 weeks).
Approximately 26,000 end in stillbirth (considered stillbirth after 20 weeks)
Approximately 19,000 end in infant death during the first month.
Approximately 39,000 end in infant death during the first year.
Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.
Approximately 75% of all miscarriages occur in the first trimester.
An estimated 80% of all miscarriages are single miscarriages. The vast majority of women suffering one miscarriage can expect to have a normal pregnancy next time.
An estimated 19% of the adult population has experienced the death of a child (this includes miscarriages through adult-aged children).
Christians claim that life begins at conception and that God recognizes such and immediately inserts a soul into each human life form. This is the primary reason that they oppose abortion. However, these statistics show that God himself is the most prolific abortionist, greatly exceeding what humans have done.

If God really is in control of human reproduction, and further is benevolent and compassionate as assumed, it would seem that he would have devised a much more reliable system for bringing people into the world. What should worry Christians is that the statistics cited above are EXACTLY what we would expect as the product of unguided, random, and godless evolution.

So the question is- within the framework of human reproduction, how could the hands-on, interventionist, prayer-answering god so convincingly make it look like he doesn"t exist ?

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!
dee-em
Posts: 7,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 1:03:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!

In fact killing newborn babies would be the best possible action for Christian parents as a self-sacrifice for the sake of the immortal souls of their children. That issue explored here:

http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,256
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 1:27:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 1:03:05 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!

In fact killing newborn babies would be the best possible action for Christian parents as a self-sacrifice for the sake of the immortal souls of their children. That issue explored here:

http://www.debate.org...

Agree but then they would go to hell themselves. If Christians sincerely believed in heaven though you would think they would actually look forward to death! I doubt many of them are as sure as they claim to be. Many have probably just taken Pascals wager.
dee-em
Posts: 7,821
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 1:56:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 1:27:38 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 1:03:05 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!

In fact killing newborn babies would be the best possible action for Christian parents as a self-sacrifice for the sake of the immortal souls of their children. That issue explored here:

http://www.debate.org...

Agree but then they would go to hell themselves.

Yes, that's why it would be a selfless sacrifice.

If Christians sincerely believed in heaven though you would think they would actually look forward to death! I doubt many of them are as sure as they claim to be. Many have probably just taken Pascals wager.

I saw a study a long time ago which showed that Christians were more likely to seek aggressive life-prolonging medication as end-of-life treatment for terminal illnesses such as cancer. It makes you wonder why.

http://www.medpagetoday.com...
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
slo1
Posts: 5,192
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:38:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 1:27:38 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 1:03:05 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!

In fact killing newborn babies would be the best possible action for Christian parents as a self-sacrifice for the sake of the immortal souls of their children. That issue explored here:

http://www.debate.org...

Agree but then they would go to hell themselves. If Christians sincerely believed in heaven though you would think they would actually look forward to death! I doubt many of them are as sure as they claim to be. Many have probably just taken Pascals wager.

Which is erroniouspeaking because Pascal did not consider incongruent human behavior expectations which are required to go to heaven, such as believing Christ versus Muhammed. The odds are woefully low to pick the right religion and sect. More importantly it puts one at risk of really disobeying a creator by believing in false interpretations(idols). Pascals wager = high odds of hell. Agnostic = best chance.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 2:38:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Sadly, miscarriages are a very common occurrence. Sources vary, but many estimate that approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; and some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

Although statistics can vary slightly from one source to the next, here is a general account (based primarily on information provided by the March of Dimes) of the frequency of miscarriages in the United States:

There are about 4.4 million confirmed pregnancies in the U.S. every year.
900,000 to 1 million of those end in pregnancy losses EVERY year.
More than 500,000 pregnancies each year end in miscarriage (occurring during the first 20 weeks).
Approximately 26,000 end in stillbirth (considered stillbirth after 20 weeks)
Approximately 19,000 end in infant death during the first month.
Approximately 39,000 end in infant death during the first year.
Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.
Approximately 75% of all miscarriages occur in the first trimester.
An estimated 80% of all miscarriages are single miscarriages. The vast majority of women suffering one miscarriage can expect to have a normal pregnancy next time.
An estimated 19% of the adult population has experienced the death of a child (this includes miscarriages through adult-aged children).
Christians claim that life begins at conception and that God recognizes such and immediately inserts a soul into each human life form. This is the primary reason that they oppose abortion. However, these statistics show that God himself is the most prolific abortionist, greatly exceeding what humans have done.

If God really is in control of human reproduction, and further is benevolent and compassionate as assumed, it would seem that he would have devised a much more reliable system for bringing people into the world. What should worry Christians is that the statistics cited above are EXACTLY what we would expect as the product of unguided, random, and godless evolution.

So the question is- within the framework of human reproduction, how could the hands-on, interventionist, prayer-answering god so convincingly make it look like he doesn"t exist ?

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!

As th author of life, God has the right to end it as He sees fit. The same cannot be said about us. This statement covers refutes all your arguments above.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,256
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 5:53:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 2:38:40 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Sadly, miscarriages are a very common occurrence. Sources vary, but many estimate that approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; and some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

Although statistics can vary slightly from one source to the next, here is a general account (based primarily on information provided by the March of Dimes) of the frequency of miscarriages in the United States:

There are about 4.4 million confirmed pregnancies in the U.S. every year.
900,000 to 1 million of those end in pregnancy losses EVERY year.
More than 500,000 pregnancies each year end in miscarriage (occurring during the first 20 weeks).
Approximately 26,000 end in stillbirth (considered stillbirth after 20 weeks)
Approximately 19,000 end in infant death during the first month.
Approximately 39,000 end in infant death during the first year.
Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.
Approximately 75% of all miscarriages occur in the first trimester.
An estimated 80% of all miscarriages are single miscarriages. The vast majority of women suffering one miscarriage can expect to have a normal pregnancy next time.
An estimated 19% of the adult population has experienced the death of a child (this includes miscarriages through adult-aged children).
Christians claim that life begins at conception and that God recognizes such and immediately inserts a soul into each human life form. This is the primary reason that they oppose abortion. However, these statistics show that God himself is the most prolific abortionist, greatly exceeding what humans have done.

If God really is in control of human reproduction, and further is benevolent and compassionate as assumed, it would seem that he would have devised a much more reliable system for bringing people into the world. What should worry Christians is that the statistics cited above are EXACTLY what we would expect as the product of unguided, random, and godless evolution.

So the question is- within the framework of human reproduction, how could the hands-on, interventionist, prayer-answering god so convincingly make it look like he doesn"t exist ?

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!


As th author of life, God has the right to end it as He sees fit. The same cannot be said about us. This statement covers refutes all your arguments above.

It's a bit strange though how he causes so many miscarriages. What is his motivation for it? I support abortion but get criticized by Christians for supporting murder of innocent life. Is that not hypocritical considering how often God causes miscarriages?
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2016 6:00:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/15/2016 5:53:39 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 2:38:40 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 3/15/2016 12:06:39 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
Sadly, miscarriages are a very common occurrence. Sources vary, but many estimate that approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; and some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.

Although statistics can vary slightly from one source to the next, here is a general account (based primarily on information provided by the March of Dimes) of the frequency of miscarriages in the United States:

There are about 4.4 million confirmed pregnancies in the U.S. every year.
900,000 to 1 million of those end in pregnancy losses EVERY year.
More than 500,000 pregnancies each year end in miscarriage (occurring during the first 20 weeks).
Approximately 26,000 end in stillbirth (considered stillbirth after 20 weeks)
Approximately 19,000 end in infant death during the first month.
Approximately 39,000 end in infant death during the first year.
Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.
Approximately 75% of all miscarriages occur in the first trimester.
An estimated 80% of all miscarriages are single miscarriages. The vast majority of women suffering one miscarriage can expect to have a normal pregnancy next time.
An estimated 19% of the adult population has experienced the death of a child (this includes miscarriages through adult-aged children).
Christians claim that life begins at conception and that God recognizes such and immediately inserts a soul into each human life form. This is the primary reason that they oppose abortion. However, these statistics show that God himself is the most prolific abortionist, greatly exceeding what humans have done.

If God really is in control of human reproduction, and further is benevolent and compassionate as assumed, it would seem that he would have devised a much more reliable system for bringing people into the world. What should worry Christians is that the statistics cited above are EXACTLY what we would expect as the product of unguided, random, and godless evolution.

So the question is- within the framework of human reproduction, how could the hands-on, interventionist, prayer-answering god so convincingly make it look like he doesn"t exist ?

Also if Christianity was true fertilized eggs and 2 day old fetuses would go to heaven anyway. So the Christian and biblical opposition to abortion Is simply strange.

It would actually be better to be aborted and go straight to paradise and avoid a risky life on earth where you could stray onto the wrong path and end up in eternal fire!


As th author of life, God has the right to end it as He sees fit. The same cannot be said about us. This statement covers refutes all your arguments above.

It's a bit strange though how he causes so many miscarriages. What is his motivation for it? I support abortion but get criticized by Christians for supporting murder of innocent life. Is that not hypocritical considering how often God causes miscarriages?

As th author of life, God has the right to end it as He sees fit. The same cannot be said about us. This statement covers refutes all your arguments above.