Jump to topic:

survey

film
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:58:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
why is it that atheists are spending more time in the religion forum as compared to the science forum?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:04:56 PM
At 3/16/2016 5:58:48 PM, film wrote:
why is it that atheists are spending more time in the religion forum as compared to the science forum?

How much more time are atheists spending here than they are in the science forum?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:05:53 PM

Because you don't talk about God in a science forum, typically. You do discuss God/Gods/Spirits etc in a religion forum.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 2:38:25 AM

Its incredibly interesting looking into the mind of someone that has a burning desire to discount logic and believe outlandish things with no evidence (faith).

I am a curious outsider that understands the thinking of the insider.

As an ex-Christian, I am completely dumbfounded at how long it took for me to give myself permission to ask obvious questions. This adds to the intrigue.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 2:45:38 AM
Also, nobody really debates science. The only exceptions are evolution and the big bang but those are religious arguments, not scientific arguments.

Religion is an extremely important topic to debate because it impacts so many important areas of legislation. I don't want to live in a world were our leaders have to cater to religious dogma. Christians want to create laws based on their religion just like most Muslims want Sharia law. People need to start openly questioning religion and I'm going to do my part.