Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Eternity in heaven would be boring.

Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 8:22:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Oh, what can we do, CHLOE?! How can we escape this madness? Tell us! Tell us what to do?!
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 9:01:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 8:22:27 PM, DavidHenson wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Oh, what can we do, CHLOE?! How can we escape this madness? Tell us! Tell us what to do?!

Heaven is not a real place so it's easy to escape its madness, You don't have to do anything. I'm just pointing out that it would actually be a pretty dull place if it existed.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
12_13
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 9:15:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix,

So, you think this world is perfect, nothing to complain to God? That doesn"t seem to be common.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

I believe when I see. :)

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

Most people seem to hope life without those problems.

everyone will be the same age

I have noreason to believe that.

nothing really changes.

Everything is eternally good. I think that is exellent. However, when this world is so versatile, I don"t see it reasonable to assume the second would be anything less.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do?

Love (in Biblical sense). I don"t think love will be ever boring. :)

Perhaps you should learn to live in a moment. Time doesn"t really exist. It is only an illusion.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 9:30:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 9:15:40 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix,

So, you think this world is perfect, nothing to complain to God? That doesn"t seem to be common.

I think this world is flawed in many ways.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

I believe when I see. :)

So you think these things exist in heaven?

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

Most people seem to hope life without those problems.

As I said nothing to worry about.


everyone will be the same age

I have noreason to believe that.

What makes you think that? Would you expect people to be the age they died at? Whatever way you look at it you will either be the same age as your grandchildren, children, parents or grandparents. It would be an odd existence.

nothing really changes.

Everything is eternally good. I think that is exellent. However, when this world is so versatile, I don"t see it reasonable to assume the second would be anything less.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do?

Love (in Biblical sense). I don"t think love will be ever boring. :)

I think after a few trillion years you might get bored.

Perhaps you should learn to live in a moment. Time doesn"t really exist. It is only an illusion.

Even if time as we experience it on earth didn't exist the moment you experience still would. Therefore it would be a long time of nothingness. What would you do to occupy yourself?

My point is here when you actually think about it the attraction of heaven is not as good as it appears when you look into it.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Fly
Posts: 2,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 9:38:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Oh, I think that a supremely powerful, benevolent Creator could manage to make an eternally blissful and fulfilling existence for us-- by the very definition of its capabilities.

The questions are: why hasn't it? Why aren't we "born" into it without first having to struggle through this savage existence? And what's up with the eternal torment thing for those who don't think/believe "properly"?

So, while I disagree with your portrayal, I ultimately agree with your conclusion (that it's all BS)...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 9:52:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Christian logics backlashed at them:

* Heaven only has good elements in it. And without evil, good can't exist, because you need evil to compare with good.

* No suffer will be done in heaven. And suffer is good.

* Sex was created for bonding couples. How should these couples bond in heaven? By shallow activities such as playing chess? It simply wouldn't work.

Down with this godforsaken place! ;)
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 10:23:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 9:01:07 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Heaven is not a real place so it's easy to escape its madness, You don't have to do anything. I'm just pointing out that it would actually be a pretty dull place if it existed.

Oh! With an advertising slogan like that you would think that there wasn't a chance. I didn't even realize this was a post, I thought I got suckered into another online add.

Oh, don't do that! Phweew!
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 12:13:21 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 9:52:17 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Christian logics backlashed at them:

* Heaven only has good elements in it. And without evil, good can't exist, because you need evil to compare with good.

* No suffer will be done in heaven. And suffer is good.

* Sex was created for bonding couples. How should these couples bond in heaven? By shallow activities such as playing chess? It simply wouldn't work.

Down with this godforsaken place! ;)

Yes it will be the place of no free will they vehemently oppose being implemented on earth! Billions of slave robots, most of them fetuses and fertilized eggs that God chose to kill before they were born despite opposing humans carrying out abortions or using contraception!
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 12:18:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 9:38:42 PM, Fly wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Oh, I think that a supremely powerful, benevolent Creator could manage to make an eternally blissful and fulfilling existence for us-- by the very definition of its capabilities.

The questions are: why hasn't it? Why aren't we "born" into it without first having to struggle through this savage existence? And what's up with the eternal torment thing for those who don't think/believe "properly"?

So, while I disagree with your portrayal, I ultimately agree with your conclusion (that it's all BS)...

It could create an awesome place for humans to live but from what I hear of it the mythical heaven god allegedly created is incredibly dull so I thought I'd point it out. Just a place full of robots worshipping God like slaves.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 12:55:35 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Says who?

Anyone that has ever gotten high or drunk can tell you having a good time is easy and doesn't take much. If Heaven is euphoric, then even watching paint dry would be fantastic.

Chloe needs to get lsid and drunk or something to se how simple a good time can be obtained.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 12:57:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.
Not only all of that Chloe but just look at the company you'd be keeping.
No thanks
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 1:26:15 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 12:13:21 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/17/2016 9:52:17 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Christian logics backlashed at them:

* Heaven only has good elements in it. And without evil, good can't exist, because you need evil to compare with good.

* No suffer will be done in heaven. And suffer is good.

* Sex was created for bonding couples. How should these couples bond in heaven? By shallow activities such as playing chess? It simply wouldn't work.

Down with this godforsaken place! ;)

Yes it will be the place of no free will they vehemently oppose being implemented on earth! Billions of slave robots, most of them fetuses and fertilized eggs that God chose to kill before they were born despite opposing humans carrying out abortions or using contraception!

You haven't studied what worship is in Christianity. We worship by helping others, singing, being grateful, etc. Adam and Eve were roaming around freely in paradise doing as they wished. You have created a fantasy for yourself as to whst Christianity is like in order to justify your hatred for Jesus Christ.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 1:44:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

In Muslim heaven we have sexall the time ingiant orgies.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
logicinlife
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying. You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God. Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.
Fly
Posts: 2,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 3:15:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying. You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God. Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.

Goodness gracious-- yet more of the "If you don't want God, he'll (a punny contraction, I have to add) "give you what you want" tripe. Anything to put a Christian's mind at ease over Hell theology.

Yes, you may be suffering like Job in this life, but in death, God "gives you what you want." What do atheists want? Bring on Dante's Inferno, please! I'm getting just a tad chilly.

What a load...
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 3:16:17 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

No marijuana either?
logicinlife
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 4:04:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 3:15:30 AM, Fly wrote:
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying. You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God. Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.

Goodness gracious-- yet more of the "If you don't want God, he'll (a punny contraction, I have to add) "give you what you want" tripe. Anything to put a Christian's mind at ease over Hell theology.

Yes, you may be suffering like Job in this life, but in death, God "gives you what you want." What do atheists want? Bring on Dante's Inferno, please! I'm getting just a tad chilly.

What a load...

HA!

Hell theology is simple. Your tickets are racking up against a holy and just God. If God wasn't Just he wouldn't be good. Well the judge is going to collect on all wickedness. It is true, though, why would God place you where you least likely want to be? Don't try to talk about suffering as if I don't know it happens. Putting the actions of human beings who will pay the judge on the judge himself is logically fallacious. Tell yourself what you want to feel better about your life now, because your certainty will only bring you comfort until your eyes don't open again, and than you'll acknowledge the truth. Take it from an ex-antitheist/atheist and objectively seek out truth. We all know God is there, we merely suppress it because we have and want a "better" God, ourselves. How's that worked out for us? God gives you what you want indirectly by not forcing you where you want to be. So, let's be intellectually honest here and realize that this point is brought into light in the very existence of this post. The original author making my point as clear as day. You think its a joke now? Well you better be 100% certain that you know truth, because death is certain, truth is not relative, and eternity is a "long time".

I had, and now even more so, no fear of death and no desire for Heaven. I had one desire, to know what the truth was.

Throw out all of your internet copy-cat garbage the atheist culture picks up because it is redundant and quite silly. At least come up with something that theologians HAVEN'T addressed over the past 2,000 years. The problem of evil only exists in the eyes of those who fallaciously attribute it to God. Want to know why evil exists? Because for God to rid the world of evil would be to throw out every human on the planet, all corrupted, just like the flood in Genesis. Take it as literal or not, doesn't matter right now. Point is, if you want God to destroy all the evil and suffering, you're going with it because you have those tickets from lying, stealing, looking lustfully at another, etc, etc, etc. Does not the government come after you if you collect charges? Does not a warrant come out? Of course it does because it is justice. Don't even talk about suffering when that presupposes the existence of evil, yet you must first account for the existence of good and evil, while I only need to explain the existence of evil and that is simply the existence of human beings who want to be gods. I.e. the hitlers, the stalins, the serial killers, etc etc etc.

We suffer on earth from these things, from this radiation of sin, because every minute that we are alive we have an opportunity to hear the gospel, which is that someone has stood up in court and said, I'll take the charges laid upon these people so that they cannot pay. Every minute we suffer on earth it is giving us a chance to be brought in a just standing before a just and righteous God. God allows us to live through suffering because he cannot be good if he is not Just, or Holy, or Righteous, and so long as we don't have an advocate we are under that judgement. God's grace through Christ shows he is good as he both judges righteously and offers a way to be paid for. We suffer with the chance of realizing that truth, and thus being changed. A second of suffering is worth the glory of eternity.

Stop playing games and realize that there is more going on in this world. Oh, and I guarantee, the absence of everything good in this world, which is from God's common grace, is far worse than Dante's divine comedy.

Feel free to message me if you want to understand Christ's purpose more fully.

God bless,
Logic in Life
Fly
Posts: 2,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 4:35:56 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 4:04:08 AM, logicinlife wrote:
At 3/18/2016 3:15:30 AM, Fly wrote:
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying. You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God. Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.

Goodness gracious-- yet more of the "If you don't want God, he'll (a punny contraction, I have to add) "give you what you want" tripe. Anything to put a Christian's mind at ease over Hell theology.

Yes, you may be suffering like Job in this life, but in death, God "gives you what you want." What do atheists want? Bring on Dante's Inferno, please! I'm getting just a tad chilly.

What a load...

HA!

Hell theology is simple. Your tickets are racking up against a holy and just God. If God wasn't Just he wouldn't be good. Well the judge is going to collect on all wickedness. It is true, though, why would God place you where you least likely want to be? Don't try to talk about suffering as if I don't know it happens. Putting the actions of human beings who will pay the judge on the judge himself is logically fallacious. Tell yourself what you want to feel better about your life now, because your certainty will only bring you comfort until your eyes don't open again, and than you'll acknowledge the truth. Take it from an ex-antitheist/atheist and objectively seek out truth. We all know God is there, we merely suppress it because we have and want a "better" God, ourselves. How's that worked out for us? God gives you what you want indirectly by not forcing you where you want to be. So, let's be intellectually honest here and realize that this point is brought into light in the very existence of this post. The original author making my point as clear as day. You think its a joke now? Well you better be 100% certain that you know truth, because death is certain, truth is not relative, and eternity is a "long time".

I had, and now even more so, no fear of death and no desire for Heaven. I had one desire, to know what the truth was.

Throw out all of your internet copy-cat garbage the atheist culture picks up because it is redundant and quite silly. At least come up with something that theologians HAVEN'T addressed over the past 2,000 years. The problem of evil only exists in the eyes of those who fallaciously attribute it to God. Want to know why evil exists? Because for God to rid the world of evil would be to throw out every human on the planet, all corrupted, just like the flood in Genesis. Take it as literal or not, doesn't matter right now. Point is, if you want God to destroy all the evil and suffering, you're going with it because you have those tickets from lying, stealing, looking lustfully at another, etc, etc, etc. Does not the government come after you if you collect charges? Does not a warrant come out? Of course it does because it is justice. Don't even talk about suffering when that presupposes the existence of evil, yet you must first account for the existence of good and evil, while I only need to explain the existence of evil and that is simply the existence of human beings who want to be gods. I.e. the hitlers, the stalins, the serial killers, etc etc etc.

We suffer on earth from these things, from this radiation of sin, because every minute that we are alive we have an opportunity to hear the gospel, which is that someone has stood up in court and said, I'll take the charges laid upon these people so that they cannot pay. Every minute we suffer on earth it is giving us a chance to be brought in a just standing before a just and righteous God. God allows us to live through suffering because he cannot be good if he is not Just, or Holy, or Righteous, and so long as we don't have an advocate we are under that judgement. God's grace through Christ shows he is good as he both judges righteously and offers a way to be paid for. We suffer with the chance of realizing that truth, and thus being changed. A second of suffering is worth the glory of eternity.

Stop playing games and realize that there is more going on in this world. Oh, and I guarantee, the absence of everything good in this world, which is from God's common grace, is far worse than Dante's divine comedy.

Feel free to message me if you want to understand Christ's purpose more fully.

God bless,
Logic in Life

Oh, I wasn't copy-catting as you so blithely accuse. Perhaps great minds think alike?

THIS is me copying:

https://www.google.com....
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 4:52:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

You hate the idea of heaven yet are critical that life isn't perfect, God isn't pandering to your every need, and making it all cozy and perfect. Hypocrite.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 5:27:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 4:52:43 AM, brontoraptor
Hey saurus make us a list of all the things you will do for eternity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 7:31:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 12:55:35 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Anyone that has ever gotten high or drunk can tell you having a good time is easy and doesn't take much. If Heaven is euphoric, then even watching paint dry would be fantastic.

Chloe needs to get lsid and drunk or something to se how simple a good time can be obtained.

You won't have a physical body so no drugs or alcohol in heaven either. No paint to watch drying. No grass to watch growing. It will be just you and the never-ending tedium of kowtowing to your lord and master. Oh joy. What a wonderful, wonderful prospect.
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 7:56:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying.

Since you have never died how could you or anyone else possibly know this? And don't tell me God broadcast this via humans in biblical times. He doesn't do it today and he never did it in the past. It is all the fabrication of zealots.

You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God.

This is incoherent. If God made this world then he is responsible for everything. You can't just cherry-pick the good and ignore the bad else you have to ask "where did the bad stuff come from?". No place can be void of God since he is omnipresent.

Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

Goody. I need nothing from God right now and if that continues in the afterlife I will be very, very happy.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

There are no souls nor are there God-shaped holes in them. Atheists are evidence of that. You may be an exception (of course!) but one of the selling points of Christianity right from the outset has been the promise of a resurrection. Please don't pretend otherwise. You seek to minimise the wishful thinking involved but "I desire to be in his presence" is no more than code for having a life after death. Please. It is the fear of permanent death which motivates many Christians.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

Not having to kowtow for eternity to a megalomaniac? Bring it on.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.

It was an attempt to demonstrate the scale of time involved since the human mind cannot grasp eternity. You know that. Ease off with the pedantry.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:25:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 12:55:35 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Says who?

Anyone that has ever gotten high or drunk can tell you having a good time is easy and doesn't take much. If Heaven is euphoric, then even watching paint dry would be fantastic.

Chloe needs to get lsid and drunk or something to se how simple a good time can be obtained.

I've never seen the bible mention that everyone In heaven will be drunk and stoned out of their mind. Lol. Would you enjoy being the same age as your grandchildren and grandparents?
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 8:29:22 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 12:57:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.
Not only all of that Chloe but just look at the company you'd be keeping.
No thanks

Yes billions of fertilized eggs and fetuses god chose to kill mixed in with devout Christians. Not ideal company for eternity!
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:02:00 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 8:25:59 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/18/2016 12:55:35 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

Says who?

Anyone that has ever gotten high or drunk can tell you having a good time is easy and doesn't take much. If Heaven is euphoric, then even watching paint dry would be fantastic.

Chloe needs to get lsid and drunk or something to se how simple a good time can be obtained.

I've never seen the bible mention that everyone In heaven will be drunk and stoned out of their mind. Lol. Would you enjoy being the same age as your grandchildren and grandparents?

I'll be drunk and high on the spirit. The intoxicating splendor of simply being alive, breathing in Heaven, loving life. Aaaaaahhhh...can you feel it Chloe? It does say we will be kings and priests. Hmmm...sure I'd be interested in that. And if you do not get in I'll purchse you as a slave. Sound good?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 9:05:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 7:56:12 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying.

Since you have never died how could you or anyone else possibly know this? And don't tell me God broadcast this via humans in biblical times. He doesn't do it today and he never did it in the past. It is all the fabrication of zealots.

You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God.

This is incoherent. If God made this world then he is responsible for everything. You can't just cherry-pick the good and ignore the bad else you have to ask "where did the bad stuff come from?". No place can be void of God since he is omnipresent.

Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

Goody. I need nothing from God right now and if that continues in the afterlife I will be very, very happy.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

There are no souls nor are there God-shaped holes in them. Atheists are evidence of that. You may be an exception (of course!) but one of the selling points of Christianity right from the outset has been the promise of a resurrection. Please don't pretend otherwise. You seek to minimise the wishful thinking involved but "I desire to be in his presence" is no more than code for having a life after death. Please. It is the fear of permanent death which motivates many Christians.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

Not having to kowtow for eternity to a megalomaniac? Bring it on.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.

It was an attempt to demonstrate the scale of time involved since the human mind cannot grasp eternity. You know that. Ease off with the pedantry.

If there was no bad, Atheists wpuld say eternity in Heaven is boring. Oh wait.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 10:51:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
Christianity holds out its ultimate reward, eternal life in heaven, like an apple on a stick and claims that it and only it can provide this treat to you. It is a poisoned apple. Consider the possibilities.

http://new.exchristian.net...

In heaven, there will be no imperfections, nothing to fix, nothing to improve, nothing to strive for. There will be no comeback stories, no falling in love, no making up after breaking up. There will be no hunger, no one in danger, no one in need, so there will be no satisfaction of helping someone. There will be nothing to tear down, nothing to maintain, and nothing to build. There will be no need to exercise and no need for food or drinks, your spiritual body will be able to exist without them.

There will be no golf courses, no bowling alleys, no baseball or NFL. There will be no movies, no pornography, no gambling, no practical jokes, no white lies, and no raucous comedians.

There will be nothing to complain about, no tragedies, no death, no disease, no injuries, and no dirty messes. There will be no jobs, no money to manage, no elections, no judges, no courts, no marriages, no wedding cakes, and no funerals.

There will be no aging, everyone will be the same age and in generally the same healthy dimensions. There will be no shopping, no investing, no job interviews, no planning for the future. In fact, the future will be meaningless since nothing really changes.

There will be no pills to take, no vitamins, no doctors to see, and no need to even sleep. Those things are just a remnant of our nasty earthly existence.

And since Jesus confirmed in Luke 20:34-36 that there will be no marriage in heaven, it is a safe bet that there will be no sex there as well.

So for 1,000,000,000,000,000 years and beyond, what will you do? Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year, year after year, forever and ever, you will sit in a church praising your jealous and ego-centered god, who made you and specifically selected you to be his devotion slave. Think about it.

What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying. You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God. Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

It's a bit silly god condemns people to hell who have never heard of him. It's equally difficult to understand why he does not prove his existence. Even if the bible is to be believed he has not been observed for 1, 900 years.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

Your mistaken if you think that. The promise of eternal paradise and threat of eternal torture was the key selling point in converting pagans and Romans in the early years of the religion. If heaven and hell were not part of Christian scripture the religion would not exist today.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

What a kind loving God you worship. He wants me to burn in eternity while suffocating and being starved of oxygen, food and water. And his reason? Oh I didn't worship him. What a horrible crime. He allegedly created me, wanted to give me free will, gave me an intelligent inquisitive mind and expected me to believe in fundamentally flawed and easily disproved ancient scripture over modern scientific theory and logic. How absurd.

Its also funny that you started time stamping eternity, which is really silly.

I was simply implying eternity is a long period of existence that you must endure.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
logicinlife
Posts: 31
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2016 11:19:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/18/2016 10:51:35 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 3/18/2016 2:54:46 AM, logicinlife wrote:
At 3/17/2016 6:36:45 PM, Chloe8 wrote:


What will we do? Be in the presence of the Lord our God. That is all we true Christians long for, there is nothing more satisfying. You misunderstand that God is EVERYthing Good, loving, light in this world. That is why Hell is torture, outer darkness, and fire, because it is void of God. Unbelievers get exactly what they want, a place without God, completely, which means a place without the good things from God's common grace on earth.

It's a bit silly god condemns people to hell who have never heard of him. It's equally difficult to understand why he does not prove his existence. Even if the bible is to be believed he has not been observed for 1, 900 years.


Wrong. Humans know subconsciously that God does exist, or do you forget that sociologically and historically we can trace back mankind's need and/or desire to connect to some form of spirituality and/or god. You're merely diving into issues that hold your assumptions as the basis for your reasoning. You're also assuming that God "condemns people to hell who have never heard of him", this is a conclusion which you nor I can confirm. Based off of biblical principle I would argue you're wrong since God is just.

You're mistaken if you think true believers are christians for eternal life. When I was an atheist and met Christ, I didn't even think about eternal life, and I still don't really, I simply desire to be in his presence. I became a christian because I knew the only way to know the One true God was to know Christ. Everything outside of Christ is futile. Nothing can satisfy the God-shaped hole or our souls.

Your mistaken if you think that. The promise of eternal paradise and threat of eternal torture was the key selling point in converting pagans and Romans in the early years of the religion. If heaven and hell were not part of Christian scripture the religion would not exist today.


And your mistaken because you have failed to notice "true believers". It wasn't the abode in Heaven, but what Heaven contains, nor was it hell, but the standing before a righteous judge. You're merely confused on the christian church history. There are plenty of cultural, "hereditary" christians are sadly mistaken regarding their position before God.

Don't worry, God won't force you into his presence for eternity, he'll give you what you want, a place without him, unfortunately you just don't know what that implies.

What a kind loving God you worship. He wants me to burn in eternity while suffocating and being starved of oxygen, food and water. And his reason? Oh I didn't worship him. What a horrible crime. He allegedly created me, wanted to give me free will, gave me an intelligent inquisitive mind and expected me to believe in fundamentally flawed and easily disproved ancient scripture over modern scientific theory and logic. How absurd.

God CANNOT be good if he is not Just. Also, you won't be suffocating, starving of oxygen, or food or water, as it isn't the material world. You'll be dealt punishment for your failure to adhere to the moral standards of a just and holy God. It is loving to those who adhere to such standards with an advocate to not have the wicked among them. Should Hitler be considered innocent? What about Stalin? He has plenty of reason, and the fact that you think you're morally upright before him is silly. You're also confused of basic biblical principle, which is also shown in your other post as well. Justice is the reason you'll be in punishment. And again, you want nothing to do with God, you don't want to worship him, Heaven is God's full presence, why would he put you there? You don't want to be there. You can't be your own god, period, you control a sixteenth, maybe, of your life on earth. So you don't want God and you don't want to own up to your sins against a holy God, too bad, I'm sure criminals don't desire to go to prison, but the law is the law and without the advocate God will deal justly, and rightly.

"God's Wrath on Unrighteousness

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them." - (Romans 1:18-32 ESV)