Jump to topic:

What will you do for eternity?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 3:30:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Many of you godbotherers allegedly look forward to eternal life.
Tell me what you will be doing for eternity, as Toby says, a very long time.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 4:00:41 PM
At 3/19/2016 3:30:24 PM, bulproof wrote:

Looking through telescopes with Newton and Galileo.
Jamming with Hendrix, Moon and Mozart.
Scoring goals with Richard and Barilko against Worsley.
Talking relativity with Einstein.

The list goes on and on.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 4:03:41 PM

I will be very dead and my ashes scattered.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 5:08:30 PM
At 3/19/2016 4:00:41 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The list goes on and on.
DJ you won't be physical allegedly, so nah you won't.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2016 11:16:56 PM

I will become the manager over a band with Richard Lionheart on drums, Napoleon on guitar, Tutankhamon on bass guitar and King Leopold II on the singing. Then I will put up a musical where Hitler and Mussolini do cheerful tap dancing numbers. And when I'm bored out by that, I will just solve all crosswords that exist in Dutch and English.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:02:15 AM

Be with God.

Best thing ever. Could easily be done for eternity.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 11:36:39 AM

The assumption that Hendrix would want to jam with you for the next billion billion years seems is a tad presmuptuous! He'd want to hang out with Bob Marley..

Not being musical, it would probably take me a long time to learn to play the harp or trumpet, which seems to be all the musical instruments in heaven. That could keep me occupied for the first few hundred years. I'd probably be able to get though 'Ulysses' eventually, but I reckon after the first billion years I'd be climbing the walls asking for simple oblivion.

Of course, if continued existence was compulosory the first billion years would only the start - there'd be another billion after that and so on a billion times..... and eternity would still have just started. Eternity is actually rather terrifying. I'm glad I don't believe in it.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:45:19 PM

If that happens to me, live in a moment and love. :)
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 1:36:04 PM
At 3/20/2016 11:36:39 AM, keithprosser wrote:

The assumption that Hendrix would want to jam with you for the next billion billion years seems is a tad presmuptuous! He'd want to hang out with Bob Marley..

Not being musical, it would probably take me a long time to learn to play the harp or trumpet, which seems to be all the musical instruments in heaven.

Heaven will be like a new creation, a perfect earth. Not just angels on clouds with harps and trumpets.

That could keep me occupied for the first few hundred years. I'd probably be able to get though 'Ulysses' eventually, but I reckon after the first billion years I'd be climbing the walls asking for simple oblivion.

You'd be with God. With God, boredom cannot exist.

Of course, if continued existence was compulosory the first billion years would only the start - there'd be another billion after that and so on a billion times..... and eternity would still have just started. Eternity is actually rather terrifying. I'm glad I don't believe in it.

Yeah. An eternity like this earth would be horrible. Luckily the new creation's perfect!
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 2:52:54 PM
At 3/20/2016 1:36:04 PM, VirBinarus wrote:

Not being musical, it would probably take me a long time to learn to play the harp or trumpet, which seems to be all the musical instruments in heaven.

Heaven will be like a new creation, a perfect earth. Not just angels on clouds with harps and trumpets.

That could keep me occupied for the first few hundred years. I'd probably be able to get though 'Ulysses' eventually, but I reckon after the first billion years I'd be climbing the walls asking for simple oblivion.

Yeah. An eternity like this earth would be horrible. Luckily the new creation's perfect!

It sure is hilarious to hear believers adamantly express their beliefs about the creation of Earth by their God only to hear them telling us how horrible it is to live on their Gods creation and how awesome the next place God created will be.

Of course, they'll get to heaven, screw that place up and then start complaining about it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:38:19 PM
At 3/20/2016 10:02:15 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

Be with God.

Best thing ever. Could easily be done for eternity.
The question was what will you be doing?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:40:36 PM
At 3/20/2016 12:45:19 PM, 12_13 wrote:

If that happens to me, live in a moment and love. :)
Ya see these poor things have never even contemplated eternity, much less what they will do for that time.
Just sit around playing with my willy.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:45:12 PM

You will be a spirit what difference will it make?

You'd be with God. With God, boredom cannot exist
The words of an indoctrinated child. What will you DO for eternity?

You could do nothing on a new earth, you are just a ghost a spirit.
What will you DO for eternity?
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 5:47:41 PM
At 3/20/2016 3:45:12 PM, bulproof wrote:

You will be a spirit what difference will it make?
Where do you get that idea from?

You'd be with God. With God, boredom cannot exist
The words of an indoctrinated child.
what's the correct Christian answer? Or are you passing off all Christians as indoctrinated with no evidence?

Who knows. All I know is that it will be perfect.

You could do nothing on a new earth, you are just a ghost a spirit.
Live.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 5:50:34 PM

Praising God.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:42:05 PM
At 3/20/2016 2:52:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

It sure is hilarious to hear believers adamantly express their beliefs about the creation of Earth by their God only to hear them telling us how horrible it is to live on their Gods creation and how awesome the next place God created will be.

Of course, they'll get to heaven, screw that place up and then start complaining about it.

Yes exactly! You wonder why some theists have the will to live considering how great their afterlife supposedly Is. the answer is their belief is not as great as they claim it is. Secretly they all have their doubts and most have just taken Pascals wager and hoped for the best.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:05:05 AM
Paint, swim, fish, tie flyfishing flies, write, cook, drink wine(according to the Bible), sing, fly, run, play in the dirt, hug, laugh, celebrate, dance, ride horses, build, plant a big garden, live in a mansion, play with animals, canoe, kayak, tell stories, listen to stories, write music, plsy music, build a giant boat, create a weenie dog farm, have a horse ranch, vist my friends/acquaintences, ride a rainbow, tickle a tiger, play with monkeys, hike, listen to others play music, relax, mountain climb, decorate my home, make a horse trail, feed ducks, climb trees, play basketball, build mountains, streams, manifest my dreams, be grateful, give thanks, love
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:13:28 AM
A manifesting of Heaven

"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:21:29 AM
Heaven

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:25:24 AM
At 3/21/2016 2:05:05 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Paint, swim, fish, tie flyfishing flies, write, cook, drink wine(according to the Bible), sing, fly, run, play in the dirt, hug, laugh, celebrate, dance, ride horses, build, plant a big garden, live in a mansion, play with animals, canoe, kayak, tell stories, listen to stories, write music, plsy music, build a giant boat, create a weenie dog farm, have a horse ranch, vist my friends/acquaintences, ride a rainbow, tickle a tiger, play with monkeys, hike, listen to others play music, relax, mountain climb, decorate my home, make a horse trail, feed ducks, climb trees, play basketball, build mountains, streams, manifest my dreams, be grateful, give thanks, love
You'll be a spirit according to the book of fables.
So none of that.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:27:55 AM
At 3/20/2016 5:50:34 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Praising God.
Paradise with a lobotomy and a bib that never gets wet.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:09:40 AM
At 3/21/2016 6:27:55 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/20/2016 5:50:34 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Praising God.
Paradise with a lobotomy and a bib that never gets wet.

Or nah.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax