Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If God Exists He Must Be Insane

dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?
Stronn
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:43:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

One can get around the problem by assuming that God is infinitely entertaining. For instance, every so often he could spend a billion years watching reruns of all the cartoons that could ever be made.
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 3:57:35 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:43:27 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

One can get around the problem by assuming that God is infinitely entertaining.

Impossible. He could only be entertained by something novel and unexpected. Even when humans go to repeat screenings of a movie there is a limit and they pick things up which they had missed earlier because of our imperfect attention and memories.

For instance, every so often he could spend a billion years watching reruns of all the cartoons that could ever be made.

Nah, he's seen them before. An infinite number of times. :-)
Stronn
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 4:20:13 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:57:35 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:43:27 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

One can get around the problem by assuming that God is infinitely entertaining.

Impossible. He could only be entertained by something novel and unexpected.

This seems like a mere assertion, that something must be novel and unexpected to be entertaining. After all, I'm entertained by songs I've heard a hundred times. In fact, I can entertain myself by replaying them in my head, with no surprise or novelty.

Besides, there are other ways to sidestep the problem. For instance, you could just say that God has a infinite capacity to endure boredom.
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 6:23:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 4:20:13 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:57:35 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:43:27 AM, Stronn wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

One can get around the problem by assuming that God is infinitely entertaining.

Impossible. He could only be entertained by something novel and unexpected.

This seems like a mere assertion, that something must be novel and unexpected to be entertaining. After all, I'm entertained by songs I've heard a hundred times. In fact, I can entertain myself by replaying them in my head, with no surprise or novelty.

The exact same songs, for eternity? No, I don't think so. I don't think you fully comprehend what eternity means. Also, you can appreciate a repeat listening of a song because you have a break from it and because you have other novel and unexpected things happening in your life. For God there is nothing new or different. He never has a break. I could only imagine it being infinitely boring.

As to it being an assertion, we are thinking beings and this is our experience. Can you recall the wonder of being a child learning things and experiencing something for the first time? Compare it to when you grow older and know more. People indisputably get more jaded as they age. Why do we flock to new movies, new art exhibitions, sporting contests, buy predominantly new music releases, go to concerts, read newly released books? It is because we want to be entertained and surprised. If you already knew the entire plot of Game of Thrones, episode by episode, scene by scene, line by line, in perfect detail, would it have any thrall? I would say not. It would be profoundly boring.

Besides, there are other ways to sidestep the problem. For instance, you could just say that God has a infinite capacity to endure boredom.

Funny, I haven't heard that as being one of his attributes. :-)

Theists will say anything, of course, to keep their god in play against any criticism. This one fails because it is not our experience of thinking beings. A mind needs stimulation otherwise it goes slowly insane. We know this. According to theists we were supposedly made in the image of God so it would follow that what applies to us applies to God. Additionally, if God has an infinite capacity to endure boredom then why the universe and us? All God would need is himself.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:01:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
not insane, but supersane.

He is far above all sanity that we know of. Therfore making him seem insane to our merely sane minds, that cannot comprehend a supersane one.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:39:24 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 10:01:28 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
not insane, but supersane.

He is far above all sanity that we know of. Therfore making him seem insane to our merely sane minds, that cannot comprehend a supersane one.

You are making assertions. Would you care to address the OP?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 11:27:48 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Response: This shows insanity on your part. If I am surrounded whom I love, I could care less about a new experience because the greatest experience is being with loved ones and seeing that they are happy. I do it all the time.

So perhaps you should try to understand the beauty of charity and compassion for when you do, maybe you'll better understand God a lose your insane thoughts as well.
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 11:37:17 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 11:27:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Response: This shows insanity on your part. If I am surrounded whom I love, I could care less about a new experience because the greatest experience is being with loved ones and seeing that they are happy. I do it all the time.

So perhaps you should try to understand the beauty of charity and compassion for when you do, maybe you'll better understand God a lose your insane thoughts as well.

Please address the OP or stay out of this thread.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 11:47:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 11:37:17 AM, dee-em wrote:

Please address the OP or stay out of this thread.

Response: The OP was addressed, as well as the insanity in which you believe. Please learn about how a dialogue works or stay out this thread and refrain from making threads.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:03:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 11:47:10 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/20/2016 11:37:17 AM, dee-em wrote:

Please address the OP or stay out of this thread.

Response: The OP was addressed, as well as the insanity in which you believe. Please learn about how a dialogue works or stay out this thread and refrain from making threads.

Fatihah, is it insanity to proclaim that "children like sex"?
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:04:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 10:01:28 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
not insane, but supersane.

He is far above all sanity that we know of. Therfore making him seem insane to our merely sane minds, that cannot comprehend a supersane one.
Nice claim and since you know him so well bring him around tomorrow and we'll chat about his favourite music?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.
tarantula
Posts: 849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:14:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

That is funny thanks for the giggle, maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror, LOL.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:18:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:14:01 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

That is funny thanks for the giggle, maybe you should look at yourself in the mirror, LOL.

As if I needed more evidence for my claim, this atheist fools responds with immature nonsense.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:19:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

gee, thanks doc.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:20:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 11:27:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Response: This shows insanity on your part. If I am surrounded whom I love, I could care less about a new experience because the greatest experience is being with loved ones and seeing that they are happy. I do it all the time.
Yes, and if you are human you enjoy and rejoice in the new that your loved ones find and enjoy. The absolute joy expressed by children in discoveries of new things is what makes me happy. I do it all the time and it's all about the newness that that makes their faces shine.
So perhaps you should try to understand the beauty of charity and compassion for when you do, maybe you'll better understand God a lose your insane thoughts as well.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:25:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

Now that we have dispensed with the obligatory ad homs, would you like to actually address the OP?
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:31:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Isn't it interesting that the theists, almost to a man, have posted hostile off-topic responses. It must say something about their approach to honest enquiry. The first reaction to having their beliefs questioned is one of open hostility.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:33:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

According to Dr. Steggles, it is the atheists who are mentally ill for NOT believing in invisible sky fairies.
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:41:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:25:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

Now that we have dispensed with the obligatory ad homs, would you like to actually address the OP?

Being irrational, this tool does not know what an ad hominem is. But more than that, he made himself the source of truth for his post, which makes destroying his credibility fair game. Mentally ill, indeed.
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:43:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:33:52 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

According to Dr. Steggles, it is the atheists who are mentally ill for NOT believing in invisible sky fairies.

Lol
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:44:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:41:06 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:25:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

Now that we have dispensed with the obligatory ad homs, would you like to actually address the OP?

Being irrational, this tool does not know what an ad hominem is. But more than that, he made himself the source of truth for his post, which makes destroying his credibility fair game. Mentally ill, indeed.

I will take that as a "no" then?
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:45:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

A human would go insane under such conditions, but God is not human. How he survives this is beyond our understanding.
dee-em
Posts: 6,446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:49:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:45:40 PM, Godgirl wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

A human would go insane under such conditions, but God is not human. How he survives this is beyond our understanding.

If it is beyond our understanding how do you know that God survives this?
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 12:50:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:44:57 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:41:06 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:25:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

Now that we have dispensed with the obligatory ad homs, would you like to actually address the OP?

Being irrational, this tool does not know what an ad hominem is. But more than that, he made himself the source of truth for his post, which makes destroying his credibility fair game. Mentally ill, indeed.

I will take that as a "no" then?

Of course you would, for you are mentally ill. But again, since you made yourself the source for truth, destroying your credulity destroys your argument. I understand that being a deluded narcissist, it is impossible for your to conceive of any fact that says you are not the arbitrator of reality, but you are really a giant nothing.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 1:00:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:50:27 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:44:57 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:41:06 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:25:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

Now that we have dispensed with the obligatory ad homs, would you like to actually address the OP?

Being irrational, this tool does not know what an ad hominem is. But more than that, he made himself the source of truth for his post, which makes destroying his credibility fair game. Mentally ill, indeed.

I will take that as a "no" then?

Of course you would, for you are mentally ill. But again, since you made yourself the source for truth, destroying your credulity destroys your argument. I understand that being a deluded narcissist, it is impossible for your to conceive of any fact that says you are not the arbitrator of reality, but you are really a giant nothing.

Is ad_hom all you can manage today, Stegs?
ViceRegent
Posts: 604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 1:02:04 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 1:00:10 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:50:27 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:44:57 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:41:06 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:25:28 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:11:24 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

Once again we see evidence that atheists are deluded, schizoid,and narcissistic, foolishly believing that the are the arbitrators of reality, that if something seems a certain way to them, it must be so, and that God (who he denies exists) is just like him. Atheism is mental illness for ignorant and rebellious children. Nothing more.

Now that we have dispensed with the obligatory ad homs, would you like to actually address the OP?

Being irrational, this tool does not know what an ad hominem is. But more than that, he made himself the source of truth for his post, which makes destroying his credibility fair game. Mentally ill, indeed.

I will take that as a "no" then?

Of course you would, for you are mentally ill. But again, since you made yourself the source for truth, destroying your credulity destroys your argument. I understand that being a deluded narcissist, it is impossible for your to conceive of any fact that says you are not the arbitrator of reality, but you are really a giant nothing.

Is ad_hom all you can manage today, Stegs?

And we have another mentally ill fool who does not know what an ad hominem is. If atheists would stop pretending they know something about logic, they might learn something. But they are too narcissistic to learn anything.
Godgirl
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 1:02:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/20/2016 12:49:24 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/20/2016 12:45:40 PM, Godgirl wrote:
At 3/20/2016 3:30:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
God is said to be omniscient and he is eternal. That means he knows with a certainty everything and anything that has ever happened or ever will happen. That is precisely what all-knowing means. How mind-numbingly boring must such an existence be?

I submit that such an entity must be completely insane with boredom. Imagine never experiencing anything new or different, ever. A human being would not last a year. Yet God is supposed to live in this state for eternity.

Comments? Is God completely and utterly mad from ennui and despair?

A human would go insane under such conditions, but God is not human. How he survives this is beyond our understanding.

If it is beyond our understanding how do you know that God survives this?

Good point. I would say that God is God and he can't be anything but perfect. Insanity is not perfect, therefore God cannot be insane.