Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

The burden of proof is on the atheist

Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.
:) nac
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:01:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Do you claim that god/s exist?
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:07:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:01:49 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Do you claim that god/s exist?
athesm has to bee fals
:) nac
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:10:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:01:49 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Do you claim that god/s exist?

No, we preserve and protect against the atheistic claim none exist....lol
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:17:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Your claim: atheists claim all deities do not exist.
Can you bear your burden?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:17:30 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:10:44 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 3/21/2016 6:01:49 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Do you claim that god/s exist?

No, we preserve and protect against the atheistic claim none exist....lol

Which atheist has claimed that?
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:18:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:07:55 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 3/21/2016 6:01:49 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Do you claim that god/s exist?
athesm has to bee fals

Do you claim god/s exist?
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:24:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:17:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Your claim: atheists claim all deities do not exist.
Can you bear your burden?

athesm wrong
:) nac
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:31:11 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

What a transparent attempt to dodge your own burden of proof. You want to somehow ignore the fact that all theists claim that some god or gods exist and are able to affect the material world, something for which there is no factual evidence supporting it. All atheists do is reject those unsupported assertions.

Now answer the question, please? Do you assert that a god exists?
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:31:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:31:11 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

What a transparent attempt to dodge your own burden of proof. You want to somehow ignore the fact that all theists claim that some god or gods exist and are able to affect the material world, something for which there is no factual evidence supporting it. All atheists do is reject those unsupported assertions.

Now answer the question, please? Do you assert that a god exists?

athesm stoopid
:) nac
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:40:12 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:24:11 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 3/21/2016 6:17:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Your claim: atheists claim all deities do not exist.
Can you bear your burden?

athesm wrong

Ahhh, I see what you did there! ;-)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:42:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

So one should believe all relgious claims until they can be proven false? Right.

Methinks you are just trolling.
janesix
Posts: 3,491
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 6:48:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:24:11 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 3/21/2016 6:17:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Your claim: atheists claim all deities do not exist.
Can you bear your burden?

athesm wrong
Atheism: theism gong rong
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 7:19:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
The burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an argument from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Leugen, religion is complex, therefore dissent from religion is complex, and the religious seldom appreciate just how complex it is.

For example, which of the following propositions is not atheistic?

1) Of all the things that can be said to exist, none created the universe;
2) Whatever created the universe is probably not sentient, compassionate or engaged to the interests of humanity, and is therefore probably unworthy of worship;
3) Nothing theology calls a god should be worshiped on current evidence;
4) Whatever may have created the universe, theology has no right to tell us to worship it.
5) However well-evidenced, all worship is benighted, superstitious and bad for the moral and intellectual development of humanity.

I hold that all these propositions are atheistic and moreover, any of them is sufficient to call oneself an atheist. There are evidentiary obligations in each case, yet the evidentiary burdens of each proposition are different.

That said, to how many religious people do these nuances matter? Those most critical of atheistic thought generally don't care about gods in general or theology in general or metaphysics or epistemology in general -- they only care about their particular faith, and why an atheist would rather have nothing than their faith, even if it were the only faith in the world and all its revelations well-founded.

The real issue here, Leugen isn't burden of evidence: many atheists can provide ample evidence for their position, and I would feel comfortable defending all five positions I mentioned above, any one of which I hold is sufficient to call oneself an atheist.

The issue here is that the religious generally don't care. They don't want to understand nontheistic thought or test it as a viable alternative to their own.They want to reduce and dismiss it, to drive it from their awareness so the cognitive dissonance of fellow human beings preferring age, infirmity and death to the stories and assurances of their faith doesn't distress them, or drive them to question and doubt.

I've mentioned this at other times, but atheistic thought is intrinsically offensive to many faiths, simply because it is intrinsically dismissive of the aspirations, values and claims to virtue of those faiths. Few atheists chose their beliefs specifically to offend, yet some faiths cannot choose but be offended by those beliefs.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 7:25:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 6:17:30 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/21/2016 6:10:44 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 3/21/2016 6:01:49 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Do you claim that god/s exist?

No, we preserve and protect against the atheistic claim none exist....lol

Which atheist has claimed that?

Don't be silly...atheists make claims directly or indirectly whether they claim theists have low IQ, just mentally ill or delusional. Atheism isn't some default position like they claim, it's a belief and ideology period.
That is what comes through in all the posts, criticism and antagonizing that not only do atheists believe that theists are stupid but that the existence of God is a fairy tale. Atheists make more claims than theists and we simply attempt to counter/protect that.

The majority of the world has accepted God exists, it's the atheists that have come along and made claims religion is false and God does not exist, just look around...

Atheism in all it's glory has become an attack on religion and the existence of God, theists need not prove anything to an ideology that does not leave room for possibilities and free thought.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 7:50:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

It's not do much that they have BoP to justify a 'No God' conclusion. Is that the catagorical blanket statement of there being no evidence bares such an obligation. It implies that people from all over the world through out history have aquired a conception of spiritual beings or God for no reason at all. Yeah because the human race is prolific in being psychotic and having hallucinations.

Shufting the burden of proof has become so cliche the Atheist will deny supporting ant claim they make, all explainations they give for the same observations the Theist cite as evidence for God.

Hell they even imagine goblin or mermaid entities and demand the Theist shoulder the burden to support the existence of those entities.

It's the real reason why you see people starting threads with a disclaimer 'please no atheist reply' and if the Atheist here would listen I feel many more interfaith discussions could take place.

But when their father is Satan, a father of lies and discord what else could you expect?
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 7:53:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 7:50:01 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

It's not do much that they have BoP to justify a 'No God' conclusion. Is that the catagorical blanket statement of there being no evidence bares such an obligation. It implies that people from all over the world through out history have aquired a conception of spiritual beings or God for no reason at all. Yeah because the human race is prolific in being psychotic and having hallucinations.

Shufting the burden of proof has become so cliche the Atheist will deny supporting ant claim they make, all explainations they give for the same observations the Theist cite as evidence for God.

Hell they even imagine goblin or mermaid entities and demand the Theist shoulder the burden to support the existence of those entities.

It's the real reason why you see people starting threads with a disclaimer 'please no atheist reply' and if the Atheist here would listen I feel many more interfaith discussions could take place.

But when their father is Satan, a father of lies and discord what else could you expect?

Where does the claim of gods existence come from?
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:01:21 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 7:53:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:50:01 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

It's not do much that they have BoP to justify a 'No God' conclusion. Is that the catagorical blanket statement of there being no evidence bares such an obligation. It implies that people from all over the world through out history have aquired a conception of spiritual beings or God for no reason at all. Yeah because the human race is prolific in being psychotic and having hallucinations.

Shufting the burden of proof has become so cliche the Atheist will deny supporting ant claim they make, all explainations they give for the same observations the Theist cite as evidence for God.

Hell they even imagine goblin or mermaid entities and demand the Theist shoulder the burden to support the existence of those entities.

It's the real reason why you see people starting threads with a disclaimer 'please no atheist reply' and if the Atheist here would listen I feel many more interfaith discussions could take place.

But when their father is Satan, a father of lies and discord what else could you expect?

Where does the claim of gods existence come from?

Logic, reality, personal experience and rationale. But... in your atheistic immature view it comes from imagination, which is nothing but a figment of your imagination....

Dealing with the perceptions of atheists is the only challenge of course, everything else is cake walk...
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:04:20 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 8:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:53:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:50:01 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

It's not do much that they have BoP to justify a 'No God' conclusion. Is that the catagorical blanket statement of there being no evidence bares such an obligation. It implies that people from all over the world through out history have aquired a conception of spiritual beings or God for no reason at all. Yeah because the human race is prolific in being psychotic and having hallucinations.

Shufting the burden of proof has become so cliche the Atheist will deny supporting ant claim they make, all explainations they give for the same observations the Theist cite as evidence for God.

Hell they even imagine goblin or mermaid entities and demand the Theist shoulder the burden to support the existence of those entities.

It's the real reason why you see people starting threads with a disclaimer 'please no atheist reply' and if the Atheist here would listen I feel many more interfaith discussions could take place.

But when their father is Satan, a father of lies and discord what else could you expect?

Where does the claim of gods existence come from?

Logic, reality, personal experience and rationale. But... in your atheistic immature view it comes from imagination, which is nothing but a figment of your imagination....

Dealing with the perceptions of atheists is the only challenge of course, everything else is cake walk...
So the claim comes from man, your excuses notwithstanding.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,327
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:11:03 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 8:04:20 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/21/2016 8:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:53:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:50:01 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

It's not do much that they have BoP to justify a 'No God' conclusion. Is that the catagorical blanket statement of there being no evidence bares such an obligation. It implies that people from all over the world through out history have aquired a conception of spiritual beings or God for no reason at all. Yeah because the human race is prolific in being psychotic and having hallucinations.

Shufting the burden of proof has become so cliche the Atheist will deny supporting ant claim they make, all explainations they give for the same observations the Theist cite as evidence for God.

Hell they even imagine goblin or mermaid entities and demand the Theist shoulder the burden to support the existence of those entities.

It's the real reason why you see people starting threads with a disclaimer 'please no atheist reply' and if the Atheist here would listen I feel many more interfaith discussions could take place.

But when their father is Satan, a father of lies and discord what else could you expect?

Where does the claim of gods existence come from?

Logic, reality, personal experience and rationale. But... in your atheistic immature view it comes from imagination, which is nothing but a figment of your imagination....

Dealing with the perceptions of atheists is the only challenge of course, everything else is cake walk...
So the claim comes from man, your excuses notwithstanding.

Doesn't make any sense Bull, everything you believe or have learned comes from man, do you disregard all of that?? including your secular scientists buddies? Excuses notwithstanding as usual.... the claim you are a man comes from man lol.... nice deflection though....
fire_wings
Posts: 5,563
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:22:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
What? It is on Pro or shared
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:40:13 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 7:19:08 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
The burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an argument from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

Leugen, religion is complex, therefore dissent from religion is complex, and the religious seldom appreciate just how complex it is.

For example, which of the following propositions is not atheistic?

1) Of all the things that can be said to exist, none created the universe;
2) Whatever created the universe is probably not sentient, compassionate or engaged to the interests of humanity, and is therefore probably unworthy of worship;
3) Nothing theology calls a god should be worshiped on current evidence;
4) Whatever may have created the universe, theology has no right to tell us to worship it.
5) However well-evidenced, all worship is benighted, superstitious and bad for the moral and intellectual development of humanity.

I hold that all these propositions are atheistic and moreover, any of them is sufficient to call oneself an atheist. There are evidentiary obligations in each case, yet the evidentiary burdens of each proposition are different.

That said, to how many religious people do these nuances matter? Those most critical of atheistic thought generally don't care about gods in general or theology in general or metaphysics or epistemology in general -- they only care about their particular faith, and why an atheist would rather have nothing than their faith, even if it were the only faith in the world and all its revelations well-founded.

The real issue here, Leugen isn't burden of evidence: many atheists can provide ample evidence for their position, and I would feel comfortable defending all five positions I mentioned above, any one of which I hold is sufficient to call oneself an atheist.

The issue here is that the religious generally don't care. They don't want to understand nontheistic thought or test it as a viable alternative to their own.They want to reduce and dismiss it, to drive it from their awareness so the cognitive dissonance of fellow human beings preferring age, infirmity and death to the stories and assurances of their faith doesn't distress them, or drive them to question and doubt.

I've mentioned this at other times, but atheistic thought is intrinsically offensive to many faiths, simply because it is intrinsically dismissive of the aspirations, values and claims to virtue of those faiths. Few atheists chose their beliefs specifically to offend, yet some faiths cannot choose but be offended by those beliefs.

1 = truth
0 = untruth
atheism = 0
their for athesm wong
:) nac
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:45:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 10:40:13 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:19:08 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
The burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an argument from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.
The real issue here, Leugen isn't burden of evidence: many atheists can provide ample evidence for their position. The issue is that the religious generally don't care.
1 = truth
0 = untruth
atheism = 0
their for athesm wong
I sometimes think you capable of insightful thought, and constructive, sincere posts, Leugen.

You're doing a good job of dissuading me.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 11:31:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/21/2016 8:01:21 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:53:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/21/2016 7:50:01 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 3/21/2016 5:58:36 PM, Leugen9001 wrote:
THe burden of proof to prove that deities do not exist lies on the atheist because it's an arguement from ignorance to say that the non-existence of evidence means the evidence of nonexistence.

It's not do much that they have BoP to justify a 'No God' conclusion. Is that the catagorical blanket statement of there being no evidence bares such an obligation. It implies that people from all over the world through out history have aquired a conception of spiritual beings or God for no reason at all. Yeah because the human race is prolific in being psychotic and having hallucinations.

Shufting the burden of proof has become so cliche the Atheist will deny supporting ant claim they make, all explainations they give for the same observations the Theist cite as evidence for God.

Hell they even imagine goblin or mermaid entities and demand the Theist shoulder the burden to support the existence of those entities.

It's the real reason why you see people starting threads with a disclaimer 'please no atheist reply' and if the Atheist here would listen I feel many more interfaith discussions could take place.

But when their father is Satan, a father of lies and discord what else could you expect?

Where does the claim of gods existence come from?

Logic, reality, personal experience and rationale.

But no facts. That's your assertion's weakness, you see, and you have to resort to other means to attempt to support your belief.

But... in your atheistic immature view it comes from imagination, which is nothing but a figment of your imagination....

That was quite a silly statement but it bears a seed of fact. All gods are creations of the human mind thus far, as demonstrated by the human nature of those same gods.

Dealing with the perceptions of atheists is the only challenge of course, everything else is cake walk...

Our perceptions are just as individual as yours and just as acute, perhaps more so. Your dependence on ad hominem attacks and the denigration of an entire group of people simply because they disagree with you and ask that you present facts to support your assertions does not speak well for your position.