Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

What do you think of the Religion Forum?

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:24:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
persianimmortal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:34:38 PM
At 3/21/2016 8:24:56 PM, fire_wings wrote:

I think it's great because you get to read about the views of people who would never say what they have written down. It's a way to see what issues are currently circulating in the world today in regards to religion.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:27:24 PM

I really like it.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 10:30:39 PM
I enjoy it. It is very active, with people all over the world sharing their religious viewpoints.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:24:45 PM

Oh wow, I just asked this question xD
Meh!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:29:34 PM

Could use a wet bar.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:00:10 AM

Over run with Atheists who are acting out Dawkins' command to mock Christianity, with or without any arguments or rebuttles.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:14:18 AM
At 3/29/2016 12:00:10 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Over run with Atheists who are acting out Dawkins' command to mock Christianity, with or without any arguments or rebuttles.

I didn"t know he did, doesn"t make sense since he brought the science community closer to creationism then they were before they accepted his theory. Before the acceptance or adoption of the Big Bang the science community assumed the universe always was. Therefore, no room for the possibility of something g starting it. He had to of realized that.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:18:18 AM

It's under-moderated, but has plenty of thoughtful, sincere members -- some of whom don't always behave well.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:20:02 AM
At 3/29/2016 12:14:18 AM, DPMartin wrote:

I didn"t know he did, doesn"t make sense since he brought the science community closer to creationism then they were before they accepted his theory. Before the acceptance or adoption of the Big Bang the science community assumed the universe always was. Therefore, no room for the possibility of something g starting it. He had to of realized that.

Yep, he actually gave a sermon on mocking and ridiculing Christians. Here's a copy of his speech.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:37:13 AM
I hesitate posting some of my deepest beliefs, that challenge organized religion's interpretations of the Gospel, and invite atheists to re-examine their disbelief.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:50:14 AM
At 3/29/2016 12:20:24 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
https://ladydifadden.wordpress.com...

It seems obvious that he didn't get out much and "making friends and influencing people" wasn't his skill set. It's unwise to try and move one's cause with the mockery of those you are trying to pursued. and even those who see what such things, that might have supported to effort to show that atheism is reasonable isn't shown by rude and cruel natured people. Makes me consider moving to England though. be cause it seems if he hates it, it just might be a good thing.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:01:45 AM

Full of Ad Homs and strawmen.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:03:34 AM
At 3/29/2016 12:37:13 AM, Emmarie wrote:
I hesitate posting some of my deepest beliefs, that challenge organized religion's interpretations of the Gospel, and invite atheists to re-examine their disbelief.

honest questions deserve an honest answer, and one shouldn't fear the contest, unless you don't have faith in what you say you believe.

but yes the harassments from the peanut gallery gets old.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:50:07 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:03:34 AM, DPMartin wrote:

honest questions deserve an honest answer, and one shouldn't fear the contest, unless you don't have faith in what you say you believe.

I haven't found many specific topics to show my divergence from orthodoxy. I generally completely understand the lack of faith on behalf of atheists when it's due to OT depictions of God. I've tried to show how if Genesis 1 and 2 were interpreted without organized religions notations, that it actually shows there is an Original creator and a Ruler God, but not enough dialog kept me from continuing to post.

This is kinda what I believe, I'm really in the minority in this belief, but I think atheist's could possibly develop faith if they were to examine the idea of a demiurge.

"In Gnosticism the Demiurge (Creator) is by no means all-good, but a bungling and incompetent fool that creates the world as a spiritual prison. Gnosticism also presents a distinction between the highest, unknowable "alien God" and the "creator" of the material - the Demiurge. However, in contrast to Plato, many systems of Gnostic thought present the Demiurge as antagonistic to the will of the Supreme Creator: this sort of Demiurge focus' solely on material reality and on the "sensuous soul". In Gnosticism, the Demiurge is an emanation from a higher, purer aeon.

In this system, the Demiurge is a way to understand the problem of evil, differing sharply from Christianity, which sees the originally good Creation corrupted by created beings (such as the Devil). In Gnosticism the Demiurge created evil as in the Apocryphon of John (in the Nag Hammadi library), the Demiurge has the name "Yaltabaoth". Through arrogance born of stupidity, he proclaims himself as God:"
http://www.sullivan-county.com...

My belief differs somewhat. I believe in an original Creator who rested on the 7 day (not a literal day a time span called a day) and a ruler god (OT god after Genesis 2:4) manipulated God's creation to appear to be God. Genesis 1 and 2 back me up. If you wanna know more of my interpretation, let me know.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:19:51 AM
At 3/29/2016 12:14:18 AM, DPMartin wrote:

for some reason I was thinking Hawking, so disregard this transmission.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:10:40 AM

There is a lot of abhorrence towards Islam. Maybe there's something true there.
bamiller43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:51:17 AM

Definitely has its pros and cons. Although it can potentially provide for great discussion on philosophy and science as well as religion, it really just seems to be a dumping ground for dogmatic Christians and hostile atheists. Often times logic is totally abandoned by both parties for blatant fallacies and mindless name-calling. I've seen very few forums where both sides present logical arguments and calm, well-thought responses.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:28:27 PM
At 3/29/2016 3:10:40 AM, lotsoffun wrote:

There is a lot of abhorrence towards Islam. Maybe there's something true there.

But that has changed after they nominated a Champion for Muslims. The anti-Islamic sentiments have been drastically reduced recently. But the forum has reverted to attacks on Christianity.

Why Muslims need a Champion.
http://www.debate.org...
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:12:08 PM
At 3/29/2016 1:50:07 AM, Emmarie wrote:

I haven't found many specific topics to show my divergence from orthodoxy. I generally completely understand the lack of faith on behalf of atheists when it's due to OT depictions of God. I've tried to show how if Genesis 1 and 2 were interpreted without organized religions notations, that it actually shows there is an Original creator and a Ruler God, but not enough dialog kept me from continuing to post.

This is kinda what I believe, I'm really in the minority in this belief, but I think atheist's could possibly develop faith if they were to examine the idea of a demiurge.

"In Gnosticism the Demiurge (Creator) is by no means all-good, but a bungling and incompetent fool that creates the world as a spiritual prison. Gnosticism also presents a distinction between the highest, unknowable "alien God" and the "creator" of the material - the Demiurge. However, in contrast to Plato, many systems of Gnostic thought present the Demiurge as antagonistic to the will of the Supreme Creator: this sort of Demiurge focus' solely on material reality and on the "sensuous soul". In Gnosticism, the Demiurge is an emanation from a higher, purer aeon.

In this system, the Demiurge is a way to understand the problem of evil, differing sharply from Christianity, which sees the originally good Creation corrupted by created beings (such as the Devil). In Gnosticism the Demiurge created evil as in the Apocryphon of John (in the Nag Hammadi library), the Demiurge has the name "Yaltabaoth". Through arrogance born of stupidity, he proclaims himself as God:"

My belief differs somewhat. I believe in an original Creator who rested on the 7 day (not a literal day a time span called a day) and a ruler god (OT god after Genesis 2:4) manipulated God's creation to appear to be God. Genesis 1 and 2 back me up. If you wanna know more of my interpretation, let me know.

Well I"m not familiar with religions and gods in the European continent before Christianity toke hold. As far as trying to mix religions which is what you seem to be doing here, usually corrupts the original concepts. The Catholic church has many different theologies in their repertoire that looks a lot like they adopted a populace"s religion and converted it to a Christian view, in their mission to complete the fulfillment of the commission to be the religion of the Roman Empire. Could have been the thinking that they could covert the religion if they couldn"t convert the populous within the roman rule. Which in today"s world the church is full of doctrines and theologies that have minimal scriptural support but is contrary to the rest of scripture.

If you are looking to understand the beliefs of Plato, then stick to what he said and those who follow say. If you are looking to understand the God of Israel (the Creator and Judge) "Elohim" then stick to the scriptures associated to the same God, and those who follow.

But to accommodate discussion on your subject maybe you should start a thread to see if there is any interest.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 7:46:06 PM
At 3/30/2016 3:12:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 3/29/2016 1:50:07 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Well I"m not familiar with religions and gods in the European continent before Christianity toke hold. As far as trying to mix religions which is what you seem to be doing here, usually corrupts the original concepts. The Catholic church has many different theologies in their repertoire that looks a lot like they adopted a populace"s religion and converted it to a Christian view, in their mission to complete the fulfillment of the commission to be the religion of the Roman Empire. Could have been the thinking that they could covert the religion if they couldn"t convert the populous within the roman rule. Which in today"s world the church is full of doctrines and theologies that have minimal scriptural support but is contrary to the rest of scripture.

If you are looking to understand the beliefs of Plato, then stick to what he said and those who follow say. If you are looking to understand the God of Israel (the Creator and Judge) "Elohim" then stick to the scriptures associated to the same God, and those who follow.

But to accommodate discussion on your subject maybe you should start a thread to see if there is any interest.
No my belief is from within - I simply looked for similarities to my inner beliefs and discovered Gnosticism is the closest to what I already believed. Also, there are many "denominations" of Gnosticism and my particular belief has nothing to do with Roman Beliefs. I simply chose that link to give a definition of the demiurge. Gnosticism existed separate from Platonic thought. https://en.wikipedia.org...
http://gnosis.org...
http://www.cais-soas.com...

The more I discovered about Ancient Gnostiscm, the more I concluded that the very accepting and making of Christian Orthodoxy by the Romans was to suppress Gnosticism. The more I also realized that I am a true Gnostic - to have gained insight without and outside source of doctrine. I'm not mixing religions, I'm claiming a similarity of my beliefs with a spiritual practice of ancients that has been suppressed.

I'm not gonna make a separate thread, because this forum is to express our opinions of the Religious Forums, and my post is doing such.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 10:04:32 PM
At 3/30/2016 7:46:06 PM, Emmarie wrote:
I'm not gonna make a separate thread, because this forum is to express our opinions of the Religious Forums, and my post is doing such.

good idea, have fun.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 10:07:36 PM
At 3/30/2016 9:26:23 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Laughed for twenty seconds straight.