Jump to topic:

Is God truly perfect?

breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 2:19:54 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I could do a debate on this, but I want to hear multiple views on this.

As I am technically an atheist, I cannot really do my view on this, as my faith is negative. However, would a perfect God really allow starving people in the world? God is supposedly omnipotent; couldn't he just make it so that there is no sin in the world and everyone goes to heaven? Or does he have to make it so that we toil and suffer, and we still go to hell?
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 5:54:36 PM
At 3/24/2016 2:19:54 PM, breakingamber wrote:

As I am technically an atheist, I cannot really do my view on this, as my faith is negative. However, would a perfect God really allow starving people in the world? God is supposedly omnipotent; couldn't he just make it so that there is no sin in the world and everyone goes to heaven? Or does he have to make it so that we toil and suffer, and we still go to hell?

Well, He COULD, ya see, but.. that... would... violate free will! And God NEVER violates free will. Its like to Him what the Prime Directive is to Star Trek... which actually explains quite a bit, too.

In any case, you have to understand that there is suffering in the world so that people will learn from what dispenses the suffering, and not to do it. That way, the people whom failed the lesson will "learn" from their mistake and be punished for it eternally, much in the same way that there is a Death Sentence that is carried out in the "Correctional" facilities of our prisons.

Make sense?

It will, on the next episode of Soap!
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:09:27 PM

Could or should?
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:15:32 PM
Would a perfect God really allow starving people in the world?
There isn't really one God, but multiple versions of tribal, cultural and philosophical ideals, all competing for the same appellation: Supreme Moral Supervisor and Creator of the Universe.

Consequently, if the being you read about doesn't seem to hold to your ideals of justice, kindness, intelligence or wisdom, that's because there's more than one of them, and they are characters written by very different minds in very different milieux.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 6:28:33 PM
Well for me being a Christian I would say that yes God is perfect. There is this thing called sin however and at least for the purposes of human reality Satan would be its biggest promoter. There is more than just grounds for an allusion to the universe having been perfect at one point and then something though we are not told what it is occured. After this thing occured we pick up on Genesis 1:2 with God forming the world we know from existing materials, not out of nothing. 1:1 is the out of nothing so commonly referred to but its relation to 1:2 is always skipped or ignored.

This something is in my view (I stress this is certainly just my formed opinion) that points to possible the event of sin possibly from the fall of lucifer and when 1/3 the HOSTS of heaven were cast out of heaven.

There is so much mystery to understand but that simply the way I see it.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 7:16:34 PM
It almost seems gods nothing. So why not worship him.
Do you really think anyone can know what happens when you die. .? The christians know what happens when you die you go to heaven or to hell . It's like they have stopped asking questions.