Jump to topic:

God's Miserable Existence

NoMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 4:02:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I get that religion is all about us. Our own self absorbed view that the universe is about me. "How dare my life end." "How dare there be no real point." "How dare I lose loved ones." "No I demand its all about me." I get our self absorbed view. Disgusting as it is. It is understandable. But lets think about what this god existence is like.
It would be miserable to be the god of the Jews/Christians/Muslim/Mormons. (all the same god just a different flavor/con) Let imagine his existence.
1. Eternal. He's given no choice in his existence. It is trust upon him somehow (make believe I suppose). Because he is eternal, he must exist at all times. He cannot say, "I'm sick of this pointless eternity. I'm tapping out." Because he is eternal, he cannot choose to stop existing.
2. He's a monotheistic god. Meaning he is completely alone in kind. He has no companions that understand what it is like to be him. No one to talk to. No one to share existence. It is like being the only human, the only cat, the only dolphin, for eternity. (I know believers, that is why he created you, for companionship. But don't flatter yourself. He is to grand, to perfect, to knowledgeable to find you interesting or worthy of company. Simply put, he is a lion, your an ant. Your just not interesting enough to companionship in)
3. Omniscient. All knowing. Nothing to learn, nothing to wonder about, nothing to discover, nothing to be curious about, nothing to converse about. He has all the answers already. I don't even think thought can occur when all answers are known.
4. Omnipotent. All powerful. Nothing done is an accomplishment. YHWY doesn't have to work to do anything. If he want to create the greatest painting, pooof there it is. If he wants to create the greatest universe, pooof there it is. No effort. No accomplishment. We humans find great value when we achieve something we worked hard for. For the god of the Jews, no accomplishment is worked for. He has no achievement.
When you combine these four traits, an eternal existence, an eternal existence alone in kind, an eternal existence alone with nothing to think about, an eternal existence alone with nothing to think about and no accomplishments, it would be an utterly miserable existence.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 6:31:47 AM
At 3/25/2016 4:02:32 AM, NoMagic wrote:
I get that religion is all about us. Our own self absorbed view that the universe is about me. "How dare my life end." "How dare there be no real point." "How dare I lose loved ones." "No I demand its all about me." I get our self absorbed view. Disgusting as it is. It is understandable. But lets think about what this god existence is like.
It would be miserable to be the god of the Jews/Christians/Muslim/Mormons. (all the same god just a different flavor/con) Let imagine his existence.
1. Eternal. He's given no choice in his existence. It is trust upon him somehow (make believe I suppose). Because he is eternal, he must exist at all times. He cannot say, "I'm sick of this pointless eternity. I'm tapping out." Because he is eternal, he cannot choose to stop existing.
2. He's a monotheistic god. Meaning he is completely alone in kind. He has no companions that understand what it is like to be him. No one to talk to. No one to share existence. It is like being the only human, the only cat, the only dolphin, for eternity. (I know believers, that is why he created you, for companionship. But don't flatter yourself. He is to grand, to perfect, to knowledgeable to find you interesting or worthy of company. Simply put, he is a lion, your an ant. Your just not interesting enough to companionship in)
3. Omniscient. All knowing. Nothing to learn, nothing to wonder about, nothing to discover, nothing to be curious about, nothing to converse about. He has all the answers already. I don't even think thought can occur when all answers are known.
4. Omnipotent. All powerful. Nothing done is an accomplishment. YHWY doesn't have to work to do anything. If he want to create the greatest painting, pooof there it is. If he wants to create the greatest universe, pooof there it is. No effort. No accomplishment. We humans find great value when we achieve something we worked hard for. For the god of the Jews, no accomplishment is worked for. He has no achievement.
When you combine these four traits, an eternal existence, an eternal existence alone in kind, an eternal existence alone with nothing to think about, an eternal existence alone with nothing to think about and no accomplishments, it would be an utterly miserable existence.

More than miserable. If such a god existed he would be completely insane through boredom.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 7:11:34 AM

He cannot get bored.

2. He's a monotheistic god. Meaning he is completely alone in kind. He has no companions that understand what it is like to be him. No one to talk to. No one to share existence. It is like being the only human, the only cat, the only dolphin, for eternity.

No it's not. God is God, so he cannot have bad emotions.

(I know believers, that is why he created you, for companionship. But don't flatter yourself. He is to grand, to perfect, to knowledgeable to find you interesting or worthy of company. Simply put, he is a lion, your an ant. Your just not interesting enough to companionship in)

"But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." - 1 John 3:2

He's not human. He's God.

But God is love, so he will be happy the whole time :)
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Porpoise
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:37:29 AM
At 3/25/2016 6:31:47 AM, dee-em wrote:
More than miserable. If such a god existed he would be completely insane through boredom.

Isn't that why God created humans, like some pets to keep him amused?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:44:14 AM
At 3/25/2016 9:37:29 AM, Porpoise wrote:
At 3/25/2016 6:31:47 AM, dee-em wrote:

Isn't that why God created humans, like some pets to keep him amused?

Pets? I think the Christians prefer to be called lambs. Lol.

Unfortunately he is omniscient. He knows everything we have ever done or are ever going to do. There is little amusement in reading a story you know word for word by heart.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 11:14:10 AM

They aren't all the same god. The Judaeo Christian god has a name and is as pro Jewish as one can be.

The Islamic god is nameless and as anti-Jew asone can be.

The Judaeo Christian god is personable.

The Islamic god is unknowable.

The JC god speaks of the messiah who is beaten and battered for our iniquities.

The Islamic god specifically rejects the Judaeo Christian messiah.

The concepts ideologically are as different as night and day.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 11:15:33 AM

It's a false assertion. You have created your own religion as a strawman.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 12:13:45 PM

You've went into ablack and white model of rationale. God could make something and watch it play out. He could become 2nd, 3rd person and live in a reality as a man...ahem...

He could allow YOU to accomplish something he could watch you grow up. He can do whatever He wants. The amount of things He could "do" are infinite. The beings He could create are infinite. The worlds He could create are infinite.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 3:35:12 PM
At 3/25/2016 12:13:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

You've went into ablack and white model of rationale. God could make something and watch it play out. He could become 2nd, 3rd person and live in a reality as a man...ahem...

He could allow YOU to accomplish something he could watch you grow up. He can do whatever He wants. The amount of things He could "do" are infinite. The beings He could create are infinite. The worlds He could create are infinite.
And if he was to do any of that then he would know that he had and exactly the results before he did it.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 4:00:43 PM
At 3/25/2016 3:35:12 PM, bulproof wrote:

And if he was to do any of that then he would know that he had and exactly the results before he did it.

Or he could come to Earth as a man, live as a man, hurt as a man, rejoice as a man, not in an omnipotant role, but as likened unto one of us.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 7:16:10 PM
At 3/25/2016 4:00:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Or he could come to Earth as a man, live as a man, hurt as a man, rejoice as a man, not in an omnipotant role, but as likened unto one of us.

To what end? Being omniscient, He already knows what that would be like.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 7:29:57 PM

Which is way every major religion talks about sacrificing one's desires, to thinking about other people. Yeah epitome of selfish thought.(sarcasm)

Why would he tap out? People who commit suicide are usually depressed and keep repeating an already self destructive cycle of mental thoughts. Why would God wish to not existence?

That's one reason why he made beings capable of intelligence and love. I think such beings are somewhere on Earth, maybe.

I see this omniscient attribute being innately tied into God being atemporal to this timeline. Why could image God is able to create avatars through which to more intimately connect with his creation.

It's interesting you say "poof" but it is written God spoke things into existence and other things he crafted into shape. How does God exert himself? I don't know. Does one have to exert themselves to feel achieved.

Maybe that is why God created the universe.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:38:14 PM
At 3/25/2016 7:16:10 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 3/25/2016 4:00:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

To what end? Being omniscient, He already knows what that would be like.

Not if he blocked certain info from himself when manifested in human form.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:44:05 PM
At 3/25/2016 7:29:57 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

Which is way every major religion talks about sacrificing one's desires, to thinking about other people. Yeah epitome of selfish thought.(sarcasm)

Why would he tap out? People who commit suicide are usually depressed and keep repeating an already self destructive cycle of mental thoughts. Why would God wish to not existence?

That's one reason why he made beings capable of intelligence and love. I think such beings are somewhere on Earth, maybe.

I see this omniscient attribute being innately tied into God being atemporal to this timeline. Why could image God is able to create avatars through which to more intimately connect with his creation.

It's interesting you say "poof" but it is written God spoke things into existence and other things he crafted into shape. How does God exert himself? I don't know. Does one have to exert themselves to feel achieved.

You've studied every religion? Really? Start with Hinduism and tell us how it works.

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 11:42:40 PM
At 3/25/2016 9:44:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 3/25/2016 7:29:57 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

You've studied every religion? Really? Start with Hinduism and tell us how it works.

Fine every major religion, accept Satanism. But that's because it's a 'religion' of atheist.