Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Correct View of God

DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 9:55:32 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Nuttin did it right DJR?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

We are on the verge of that last day now.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 2:06:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

We are on the verge of that last day now.

Thank you MCB, you have made your view of God extremely well known, each time you derail a thread.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 4:07:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 2:06:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

We are on the verge of that last day now.

Thank you MCB, you have made your view of God extremely well known, each time you derail a thread.

You are welcome.

Well whilst it is true I am party to threads being derailed, at least I don't generally start it, lol.

Since the OP asked for the correct view of God, that is what I gave.

The fact that my view is the same is immaterial.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
We are on the verge of that last day now.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
We are on the verge of that last day now.

Hari, please don't spread your usual brand of enlightenment here.

MCB, please don't respond to Hari.

Thank you, both.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 4:52:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM, DanneJeRusse
Hey DJ just imagine how chuffed god is that the madman agrees with his description of god.
Dancin' in heaven.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:20:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 4:52:38 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM, DanneJeRusse
Hey DJ just imagine how chuffed god is that the madman agrees with his description of god.
Dancin' in heaven.

He is happy with all who accept his definitions, I am far from unique in that respect.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:22:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
We are on the verge of that last day now.

Hari, please don't spread your usual brand of enlightenment here.

MCB, please don't respond to Hari.

Thank you, both.

Sorry, but on the very rare occasions when he makes a point worth replying to I shall continue to do so.

However as I say, that is only very rarely the case.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:52:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 6:22:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
We are on the verge of that last day now.

Hari, please don't spread your usual brand of enlightenment here.

MCB, please don't respond to Hari.

Thank you, both.

Sorry, but on the very rare occasions when he makes a point worth replying to I shall continue to do so.

However as I say, that is only very rarely the case.

So you are saying only Isaiah and John had the correct view of God. Does that mean we can ignore the rest of the bible authors?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 8:18:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 6:52:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/26/2016 6:22:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
We are on the verge of that last day now.

Hari, please don't spread your usual brand of enlightenment here.

MCB, please don't respond to Hari.

Thank you, both.

Sorry, but on the very rare occasions when he makes a point worth replying to I shall continue to do so.

However as I say, that is only very rarely the case.

So you are saying only Isaiah and John had the correct view of God. Does that mean we can ignore the rest of the bible authors?

Not in the least. I have the correct view of God, as do all Bible Writers and the JWs also.

I know him, he is my friend and strengthens me as a friend should. I hope one day he will count me as a friend of his also.

Shame, you had almost started posting sense on another thread. I should have known it wouldn't last.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 8:37:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 8:18:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/26/2016 6:52:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/26/2016 6:22:44 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:29:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/25/2016 10:55:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

As we all should do if we stopped to think properly.


At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

The answer to that is very simple.

The correct view of God is his view, or that of his son who has known him for many millennia more than any human has.

He invites us to get to know him, ad tells us that one day everyone will.

Isaiah 11:9
9 They will not cause any harm
Or any ruin in all my holy mountain,
Because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah
As the waters cover the sea.

That is why he sent his son to earth, or at least part of the reason for him doing so.

1 John 5:20
20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.

Taking it one stage further his son commands us to get to know both of them. John 17:3

But we have to adhere to the truth of it John 4:23-24.
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is ones like these that he draws to his son's side, especially now in this time of the end when Knowledge of Jehovah is more important than ever before. John 6:44
44 No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day.

So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
We are on the verge of that last day now.

Hari, please don't spread your usual brand of enlightenment here.

MCB, please don't respond to Hari.

Thank you, both.

Sorry, but on the very rare occasions when he makes a point worth replying to I shall continue to do so.

However as I say, that is only very rarely the case.

So you are saying only Isaiah and John had the correct view of God. Does that mean we can ignore the rest of the bible authors?

Not in the least. I have the correct view of God, as do all Bible Writers and the JWs also.

I know him, he is my friend and strengthens me as a friend should. I hope one day he will count me as a friend of his also.

Shame, you had almost started posting sense on another thread. I should have known it wouldn't last.

But you just quoted Isaiah and John as the ones with the correct view of God. You didn't even mention the Jehovah's Witnesses. You also forget He betrayed the Jews, the very people He made a covenant with through Abraham.
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 8:44:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
The correct view of God is something religious people argue amongst themselves. I feel pretty uninvolved as an atheist.

But personally, I guess I don't think you can tell someone else the "correct" way to believe. It's obvious to me that religion and spirituality are profoundly personal, varying wildly based on personal experience, culture, upbringing, etc. Let people believe in what feels right to them.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:02:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 8:37:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/26/2016 8:18:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Not in the least. I have the correct view of God, as do all Bible Writers and the JWs also.

I know him, he is my friend and strengthens me as a friend should. I hope one day he will count me as a friend of his also.

Shame, you had almost started posting sense on another thread. I should have known it wouldn't last.


But you just quoted Isaiah and John as the ones with the correct view of God. You didn't even mention the Jehovah's Witnesses. You also forget He betrayed the Jews, the very people He made a covenant with through Abraham.

So I chose two to quote from. I could have chosen any of his prophets or his son's Apostles, there is no significance in my choosing those two.

No Jesus didn't betray the Jews. As he said, salvation originates with them, but has now been passed on to the New Nation.

He drew those who followed him back to their God. It was the Jews who betrayed God, he has never betrayed anyone, nor has his son.

As always your ignorance lets you down. It is quite simple.

Jehovah created the nation of Israel from Abraham's seed Isaac.

He made them his people by covenant through Moses.

They betrayed and deserted him so he abandoned them to their enemies after first splitting off Judah, who were then joined by Benjamin, and Jehovah protected them despite their continued unfaithfulness because they were the line which would lead to the creation of the one in whom his son would become incarnate.

One of the purposes that his son was sent to earth for was to gather those who wished to be faithful to his father into a New Nation as foretold in prophecy, and he gathered them under the New Covenant formed in fulfilment of Jeremiah 31:33.

That new nation became know, to Jehovah and the Apostles as "The Israel of God" Galatians 6:16.

It became known to opposers as Christianity. However it too proved unfaithful after the death of the Apostles and was in turn abandoned for 1750 years, approximately, from the end of the 1st century.

Paul went to great lengths to point out, in Hebrews, that not all of Israel were truly Abraham's seed, and that whilst he had rejected the unfaithful ones of Abraham's seed he had gathered, through his son, a faithful remnant, to form the rootstock of that New Nation. It started with the Jews, spread to the Samaritans and then to the Gentiles, all of whom were gathered together in that "vine" and counted as Abraham's true seed. Hence it can still be said that salvation originates with the Jews, those faithful few who followed Jehovah's son.

The modern incarnation of that new nation are the JWs who are a separate nation, no part of this world, or of the nations in whose territories they live, but a unique and complete nation with their own King, Christ, their own law book, the Bible, a growing government comprised of those of the anointed who have been resurrected to heaven to serve alongside Christ ad soon to be joined by the last of their number as and when they finish their earthly course faithfully.

All who are faithful to Jehovah, as his son is, will receive the inheritance that was promised to Israel because in Jehovah's eyes they are the only true Israel.

Also they all have the right view of Jehovah, because they have obeyed his command to draw close to him, through his son, and have obeyed the son's command to get to know them both well.

I share that view of God, Jehovah, since I too have grown to know him intimately thanks to his spirit supporting me in my efforts to straighten out my life.

I would like to think you would learn something from the above, but somehow I doubt you will even understand it let alone learn anything by it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 11:08:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
The correct view of God is his view,
You don't have that, you have the lunatic view of someone else's view.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:11:06 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:08:50 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote:
The correct view of God is his view,
You don't have that, you have the lunatic view of someone else's view.

You are such a liar. Here is what I actually said.

At 3/26/2016 4:27:05 PM, Harikrish wrote
So God is the dog catcher who draws them to Jesus and its Jesus who will resurrect them on the last day.
So God is really obeying angel Michaels orders. Any wonder why you were disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW. You are unfit and too dumb to serve.
Jerry947
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Jerry947
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:52:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
There are many views of God . God is not limited to limited senses of Humans who can't look and reason beyond a Limit .
Jerry947
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:13:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God. Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:22:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 6:13:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God.

My God? I have no gods, Jerry. Gods are myths. It's not a matter of liking or disliking your responses, it's a simple matter that your responses are void of any intellectual content.

Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.

The proof and evidence are very simple to understand, Jerry. You are an excellent example of having delivered that proof and evidence in spades.

You say, for example, God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, whereupon I ask, do you have any evidence for your claims and you respond, No, none whatsoever. Hence, your claims are entirely not convincing in the least, therefore I have a lack of belief in your claims.

See how easy that was, Jerry?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Briannj17
Posts: 360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:26:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God. Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.

+1
http://www.debate.org...
King of Poetry in this poem lacking era
Jerry947
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 6:26:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 6:22:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:13:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God.

My God? I have no gods, Jerry. Gods are myths. It's not a matter of liking or disliking your responses, it's a simple matter that your responses are void of any intellectual content.

Prove that all Gods are myths.

Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.

The proof and evidence are very simple to understand, Jerry. You are an excellent example of having delivered that proof and evidence in spades.

Evasion.

You say, for example, God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, whereupon I ask, do you have any evidence for your claims and you respond, No, none whatsoever. Hence, your claims are entirely not convincing in the least, therefore I have a lack of belief in your claims.

You didn't ask me to prove the attributes of God. You asked me to explain why I have the correct view of God.

See how easy that was, Jerry?

You are asking me a different question than the original.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 7:16:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 6:26:50 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:22:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:13:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God.

My God? I have no gods, Jerry. Gods are myths. It's not a matter of liking or disliking your responses, it's a simple matter that your responses are void of any intellectual content.

Prove that all Gods are myths.

No gods have ever been shown to exist.

Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.

The proof and evidence are very simple to understand, Jerry. You are an excellent example of having delivered that proof and evidence in spades.

Evasion.

Reading comprehension problem on your part, Jerry. If that was an evasion, would I have bothered to continue the explanation here...

You say, for example, God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, whereupon I ask, do you have any evidence for your claims and you respond, No, none whatsoever. Hence, your claims are entirely not convincing in the least, therefore I have a lack of belief in your claims.

You didn't ask me to prove the attributes of God. You asked me to explain why I have the correct view of God.

Can you not see that I was obviously using that as an example, Jerry? Do you really have serious reading comprehension problems?

See how easy that was, Jerry?

You are asking me a different question than the original.

Funny how you say I was evading, but that is an evasion, Jerry. At the very least, you offered closure to this thread in that you had no correct view of God anymore than my neighbors dog. Thank you for confirming that.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Jerry947
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 7:20:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 7:16:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:26:50 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:22:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:13:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God.

My God? I have no gods, Jerry. Gods are myths. It's not a matter of liking or disliking your responses, it's a simple matter that your responses are void of any intellectual content.

Prove that all Gods are myths.

No gods have ever been shown to exist.

I am aware of your opinion. But you asserted that they are all myths. Can you back it up or not?

Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.

The proof and evidence are very simple to understand, Jerry. You are an excellent example of having delivered that proof and evidence in spades.

Evasion.

Reading comprehension problem on your part, Jerry. If that was an evasion, would I have bothered to continue the explanation here...

Where is your proof and evidence for atheism? You sure haven't provided it yet.

You say, for example, God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, whereupon I ask, do you have any evidence for your claims and you respond, No, none whatsoever. Hence, your claims are entirely not convincing in the least, therefore I have a lack of belief in your claims.

You didn't ask me to prove the attributes of God. You asked me to explain why I have the correct view of God.

Can you not see that I was obviously using that as an example, Jerry? Do you really have serious reading comprehension problems?

Are you asking me to prove that the cause is eternal or not?

See how easy that was, Jerry?

You are asking me a different question than the original.

Funny how you say I was evading, but that is an evasion, Jerry. At the very least, you offered closure to this thread in that you had no correct view of God anymore than my neighbors dog. Thank you for confirming that.

I gave you my view of God. If you think it is wrong, then go ahead and explain instead of making more bare assertions. Which view is the best then?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 7:22:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/26/2016 11:02:38 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/26/2016 8:37:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/26/2016 8:18:52 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Not in the least. I have the correct view of God, as do all Bible Writers and the JWs also.

I know him, he is my friend and strengthens me as a friend should. I hope one day he will count me as a friend of his also.

Shame, you had almost started posting sense on another thread. I should have known it wouldn't last.


But you just quoted Isaiah and John as the ones with the correct view of God. You didn't even mention the Jehovah's Witnesses. You also forget He betrayed the Jews, the very people He made a covenant with through Abraham.

So I chose two to quote from. I could have chosen any of his prophets or his son's Apostles, there is no significance in my choosing those two.

So they were two insignificant choices you offered. Why did you even bother?

No Jesus didn't betray the Jews. As he said, salvation originates with them, but has now been passed on to the New Nation.

So commitment and covenants don't matter. They can be just as easily dropped like ex-wives.

He drew those who followed him back to their God. It was the Jews who betrayed God, he has never betrayed anyone, nor has his son.

The Jews kept the covenant through circumcision as required by God. It was God that betrayed them and did not stop the destruction of their temple or holy city or the slaughter of His chosen people, the Jews.
Jesus could have easily neutered the Romans while he was still the messiah of the Jews. But instead he demoralized the Jews by succumbing to the Roman demands. He allowed the Roman guards to mock and beat him.

As always your ignorance lets you down. It is quite simple.

Jehovah created the nation of Israel from Abraham's seed Isaac.

The Jews were not a nation under Abraham. They were a tribal group.

He made them his people by covenant through Moses.

The God of the bible is a Jewish God. No other religion outside of the Middle East heard of Him.

They betrayed and deserted him so he abandoned them to their enemies after first splitting off Judah, who were then joined by Benjamin, and Jehovah protected them despite their continued unfaithfulness because they were the line which would lead to the creation of the one in whom his son would become incarnate.

So God from the beginning favoured the Jews and wanted to save the Jews by delivering a Jewish messiah from the lineage the Jews. A Jewish God in intent and biased towards the Jews and yet He failed them.

One of the purposes that his son was sent to earth for was to gather those who wished to be faithful to his father into a New Nation as foretold in prophecy, and he gathered them under the New Covenant formed in fulfilment of Jeremiah 31:33.

Jesus only preached in and around his hometown Galilee. He preached only to the Jews. He picked only Jews to be his disciples. He said he came only for the sick people of Israel.
His was a Jewish mission until he failed. Paul looked to the Gentiles for new converts.

That new nation became know, to Jehovah and the Apostles as "The Israel of God" Galatians 6:16.

It became known to opposers as Christianity. However it too proved unfaithful after the death of the Apostles and was in turn abandoned for 1750 years, approximately, from the end of the 1st century.

It was the Roman Catholic Church that kept and grew Christianity for 2000 years. Without them Christianity would have been just another Jewish sectarian religion.

Paul went to great lengths to point out, in Hebrews, that not all of Israel were truly Abraham's seed, and that whilst he had rejected the unfaithful ones of Abraham's seed he had gathered, through his son, a faithful remnant, to form the rootstock of that New Nation. It started with the Jews, spread to the Samaritans and then to the Gentiles, all of whom were gathered together in that "vine" and counted as Abraham's true seed. Hence it can still be said that salvation originates with the Jews, those faithful few who followed Jehovah's son.

Paul became the apostle of the Gentiles. By compromising and not requiring the Gentiles to follow the customs and traditions of Jews, he made it attractive for Gentiles to convert. That was the beginning of the takeover of Christisnity by the Romans from first century Hellenic Christian Jews. Get an education.

The modern incarnation of that new nation are the JWs who are a separate nation, no part of this world, or of the nations in whose territories they live, but a unique and complete nation with their own King, Christ, their own law book, the Bible, a growing government comprised of those of the anointed who have been resurrected to heaven to serve alongside Christ ad soon to be joined by the last of their number as and when they finish their earthly course faithfully.

Tbe JW produced suicidal perverts like you. They have the highest level of suicides and mental illness compared to other groups.

Jehovah's Witnesses have high levels of mental illness.
http://www.equip.org...

Jehovah's Witnesses suicide rates 5 to 10 times higher.
http://www.culthelp.info...

All who are faithful to Jehovah, as his son is, will receive the inheritance that was promised to Israel because in Jehovah's eyes they are the only true Israel.

That is the break you are looking for from your desperate situation living on government handouts. Dream on.

Also they all have the right view of Jehovah, because they have obeyed his command to draw close to him, through his son, and have obeyed the son's command to get to know them both well.

And many like you couldn't make it and had to be disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.

I share that view of God, Jehovah, since I too have grown to know him intimately thanks to his spirit supporting me in my efforts to straighten out my life.

It is going to be hard to back your ridiculous claims after you confessed to being a low life all your life.

Here are your self admitted facts.

You remain divorced and your family ignores you.
You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.
You remain financially strapped, your fund raising attempts all failed.
You are still on medication for your suicidal depressions.
You are now physically handicapped and live on disability assistance.
You haven't been laid in 15 years.
You live alone with a dog.
You turned to Jehovah,but your government handouts are paying your bills.
You are 67 and do not have any employable skills besides being too old to work.
You think jesus was an angel. Everyone knows he was a Jewish carpenters son.
You pray to Jehovah a meaningless name in the English language.
Last we heard you were raising money for a motorcycle because your old one had to be scrapped.

I would like to think you would learn something from the above, but somehow I doubt you will even understand it let alone learn anything by it.

What have you learnt from your pathetic life?
Give us an example of how Jehovah helped you.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 7:30:43 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/27/2016 7:20:09 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 7:16:49 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:26:50 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:22:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 6:13:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:40:36 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:20:25 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/27/2016 5:03:17 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 3/27/2016 4:38:47 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2016 9:05:30 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
This wonderful gem was taken from another thread so as not to derail it.

I appreciate that.

At 3/23/2016 11:30:51 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

With all do respect, your understanding of the Christian faith is seriously flawed and your view of God is just plain wrong.

At 3/23/2016 7:25:57 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

And, you have the correct view of God? You?

Red herring. But yes I do.

Please Jerry, do provide us with the correct view of God, we would all like to be informed of this special knowledge you possess. Most likely, it will unite all of mankind, at the very least.

Note: For the record, I don't think it is special knowledge. But I am honored that you think I have knowledge. Earlier you didn't think so.

God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, and etc...This makes sense since the cause of the universe would have created time, space, morality, and so on...And Jesus happens to be all of those things. That is the short answer as to why Jesus is the real God.

When people bring up other Gods, their God usually lack one of those qualities (mainly morality). Or the God has no proof of their existence. But Jesus was a real person according to Josephus and the many writers of the Bible, and various other sources. So the Christian God has a good background while other religions don't.

Do you have a more specific question than that? The question didn't indicate that you wanted me to argue for God's existence. It seemed to assume that there was a God and that you merely wanted me to explain why the Christian God is the true one.

As I suspected, Jerry, you not only do not have special knowledge, you have no knowledge at all, you have baseless assertions and irrational beliefs, which you have always shown in your posts and debates and nothing more.

You no more have a correct view of God than my neighbors dog. *woof*

Do you ever get tired of ignoring points made and not adding anything to the discussion?

What points? I see only assertions based on irrational beliefs, false premises and jumping to erroneous conclusions. It is some of the very worst in logical discourse where nothing follows at all. It is essentially the wandering notions of a small child.

Do you actually think that anything you said there is worthy of any kind of reasonable response?

If you don't like my response, then please give the explanation for why your God is true God.

My God? I have no gods, Jerry. Gods are myths. It's not a matter of liking or disliking your responses, it's a simple matter that your responses are void of any intellectual content.

Prove that all Gods are myths.

No gods have ever been shown to exist.

I am aware of your opinion. But you asserted that they are all myths. Can you back it up or not?

Sorry Jerry, but it is a fact that no gods have been shown to exist. If there have been, perhaps you can show them to me?

Or maybe provide some proof and evidence for atheism.

The proof and evidence are very simple to understand, Jerry. You are an excellent example of having delivered that proof and evidence in spades.

Evasion.

Reading comprehension problem on your part, Jerry. If that was an evasion, would I have bothered to continue the explanation here...

Where is your proof and evidence for atheism? You sure haven't provided it yet.

You have serious reading comprehension problems, Jerry.

You say, for example, God is by definition supposed to be eternal, moral, omnipresent, omnipotent, whereupon I ask, do you have any evidence for your claims and you respond, No, none whatsoever. Hence, your claims are entirely not convincing in the least, therefore I have a lack of belief in your claims.

You didn't ask me to prove the attributes of God. You asked me to explain why I have the correct view of God.

Can you not see that I was obviously using that as an example, Jerry? Do you really have serious reading comprehension problems?

Are you asking me to prove that the cause is eternal or not?

See how easy that was, Jerry?

You are asking me a different question than the original.

Funny how you say I was evading, but that is an evasion, Jerry. At the very least, you offered closure to this thread in that you had no correct view of God anymore than my neighbors dog. Thank you for confirming that.

I gave you my view of God. If you think it is wrong, then go ahead and explain instead of making more bare assertions.

I did explain, your reading comprehension problems are the issue here.

Which view is the best then?

The correct one, of course.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth