Jump to topic:

Agnostics are Truer than others

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 12:34:09 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Agnostics are truer to themselves that evolutionists or atheists. Agnostics believe in nothing of a religious or spiritual nature, where as the others replace religion with a concoction of their own made up beliefs.

Man is reasonable, rational and religious in manner, so if man cannot find a religion that suits their need, he will invent another theory for the meaning of life and a replacement for creation.

This is my opinion, what is your opinion?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 2:27:07 AM
At 3/26/2016 12:34:09 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Agnostics are truer to themselves that evolutionists or atheists. Agnostics believe in nothing of a religious or spiritual nature, where as the others replace religion with a concoction of their own made up beliefs.

So, basically, you prefer individuals that allow religious claims built on ignorance to be submitted as knowledge. Noted.

Man is reasonable, rational and religious in manner, so if man cannot find a religion that suits their need, he will invent another theory for the meaning of life and a replacement for creation.

Evolution has no genesis event so it could hardly be a replacement creation theory.

This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 3:28:57 AM
Agnostics are truer to themselves that evolutionists or atheists.

Your can have agnostic atheists or even gnostic atheists. Agnosticism is a completely different ball game to either atheism or theism or evolutionism.

Agnostics believe in nothing of a religious or spiritual nature, where as the others replace religion with a concoction of their own made up beliefs.

Not true. Agnosticism is simply the idea that one cannot possibly know the nature or existence of God. Atheism is the lack of belief or disbelief in God. Neither say anything about religion or what to replace religion with.

True, but this has got nothing to do with religion. This is simply curiosity and self-awareness.

^
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 4:16:58 AM
What is your opinion?

...that opinions without evidence are like... something smelly and useless without... uh... whatever it is that would make the smelly, useless thing practical and smell better.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:47:53 AM
At 3/26/2016 2:27:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

So, basically, you prefer individuals that allow religious claims built on ignorance to be submitted as knowledge. Noted.

Evolution has no genesis event so it could hardly be a replacement creation theory.

YOU: prefer individuals... built on ignorance
ME: A purely confrontational answer.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 6:53:19 AM
At 3/26/2016 3:28:57 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Your can have agnostic atheists or even gnostic atheists. Agnosticism is a completely different ball game to either atheism or theism or evolutionism.

Agnostics believe in nothing of a religious or spiritual nature, where as the others replace religion with a concoction of their own made up beliefs.

Not true. Agnosticism is simply the idea that one cannot possibly know the nature or existence of God. Atheism is the lack of belief or disbelief in God. Neither say anything about religion or what to replace religion with.

True, but this has got nothing to do with religion. This is simply curiosity and self-awareness.

ME: Ever since we have had the written history of man is shows that a religion, or spiritual is a part of the general existence of man. Great amounts of wealth is spent on ensuring t he rewards of the church. Agnostics do not believe that t his is necessary, nor do they believe in creationism, nor do the believe in any of the concepts of spirituality....Nor do evolutionist or atheists, but the latter try to replace the lack of a spiritual existence with other concepts.

^
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 7:30:47 AM

Judging from what you said, you seem to lack an understanding of what an evolutionist and an atheist are

Ken
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 7:34:32 AM
At 3/26/2016 6:47:53 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 3/26/2016 2:27:07 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

YOU: prefer individuals... built on ignorance
ME: A purely confrontational answer.

If you really considered the mantra of agnostics -god cannot be proven or disproven due to "lack of knowledge- to be "Truer than others", then you wouldn't be a believer, now would you?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Porpoise
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 9:35:22 AM

There is lots of evidence for evolution and no evidence for creationism. But what has that to do with theism/atheism/agnosticism?
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 2:13:54 PM
At 3/26/2016 6:53:19 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: Ever since we have had the written history of man is shows that a religion, or spiritual is a part of the general existence of man.

Depends on how far back you go.

Great amounts of wealth is spent on ensuring t he rewards of the church. Agnostics do not believe that t his is necessary, nor do they believe in creationism, nor do the believe in any of the concepts of spirituality

Once again, not true. If you beleive that God exists without truly knowing it, your a agnostic atheist. If you believe in God and know it, then your a gnostic theist etc etc etc. Agnosticism, like I said, is a different ball game to theism, deism, atheism etc.

....Nor do evolutionist or atheists,

Again, not true. There are many religious evolutionists and atheist (thought rare) that consider themselves spiritual. There are even some atheistic churches etc. and even Christian evolutionists (however incorrect they actually are).

but the latter try to replace the lack of a spiritual existence with other concepts.

I don't know exactly what you mean. Replace spiritual existence (whatever that means) with other concepts? Elaborate please.

^
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2016 2:16:25 PM

ME: Ever since we have had the written history of man is shows that a religion, or spiritual is a part of the general existence of man. Great amounts of wealth is spent on ensuring t he rewards of the church. Agnostics do not believe that t his is necessary, nor do they believe in creationism, nor do the believe in any of the concepts of spirituality....Nor do evolutionist or atheists, but the latter try to replace the lack of a spiritual existence with other concepts.

Yes, we call those other concepts, "Reality"

^
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:13:26 AM

I am an atheist.

I am also an agnostic.

I am also an evolutionist.

Would you like to clarify your point?
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 12:36:40 AM
At 3/26/2016 4:16:58 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
What is your opinion?

...that opinions without evidence are like... something smelly and useless without... uh... whatever it is that would make the smelly, useless thing practical and smell better.

I suppose sooner or later you had to come out with a post that didn't read like an articulate comprehensive thesis for your comparative religious studies doctorate.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 4:18:38 AM
At 3/27/2016 12:36:40 AM, Casten wrote:
At 3/26/2016 4:16:58 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
What is your opinion?

I suppose sooner or later you had to come out with a post that didn't read like an articulate comprehensive thesis for your comparative religious studies doctorate.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 5:05:24 AM

^
I'm an atheist, tell me what I am replacing and what I'm replacing it with. We all need a laugh.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 9:51:42 AM
What do you mean by "evolutionism"? You realize it isn't some sort of religion or philosophy?
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 9:25:08 PM

Yay, agnostics get attention!
Meh!