Jump to topic:

Jesus died, not such a big deal.

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 10:09:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Some Christians sing the praises of Jesus as he supposedly died to 'save' us. But even if that was true, what was the big deal? Other people have died when saving others and stayed dead, not having the supposed privilege of popping up alive three days later. Therefore people who deliberately put themselves in harm's way to save others, knowing they will probably be killed in the attempt, are more worthy of praise than Jesus, who knew he wasn't going to stay dead for long, if the Bible stories had any credence .
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 8:08:15 PM
At 3/28/2016 10:09:42 AM, tarantula wrote:
Some Christians sing the praises of Jesus as he supposedly died to 'save' us. But even if that was true, what was the big deal?

The big deal is, by dying and rising Jesus showed example that his disciples should not fear death. And it was very important, because before that disciples feared, but after that, they got the courage to go and preach the Gospel. So in my opinion it was a big deal. But isn"t it in anyway only matter of opinion and so kind of useless debate topic here where opinions are not worth anything?

Yet I think all should understand also this:

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

The most important matter was what Jesus said, not what he did.
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 5:19:33 AM
Some Christians sing the praises of Jesus as he supposedly died to 'save' us. But even if that was true, what was the big deal? Other people have died when saving others and stayed dead, not having the supposed privilege of popping up alive three days later. Therefore people who deliberately put themselves in harm's way to save others, knowing they will probably be killed in the attempt, are more worthy of praise than Jesus, who knew he wasn't going to stay dead for long, if the Bible stories had any credence .

Saving someone from dieing early is not the same as saving everyone who wants, from dieing eternally. A sinner cannot save a sinner from his/her altimate death, eternal.
Bigger deal than you or I know and only through eternity will we start to get a glimps of the incredible sacrifice Jesus made for us. I sing the praises of Christ and His matchless love. It took the death of a God in the likeness of sinful flesh to redeem me. And He would have stayed in the tomb if His atonment wasn't sufficient. For HE said, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father.
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 5:29:32 AM
At 4/7/2016 5:19:33 AM, Begin wrote:

Saving someone from dieing early is not the same as saving everyone who wants, from dieing eternally. A sinner cannot save a sinner from his/her altimate death, eternal.
Bigger deal than you or I know and only through eternity will we start to get a glimps of the incredible sacrifice Jesus made for us. I sing the praises of Christ and His matchless love. It took the death of a God in the likeness of sinful flesh to redeem me. And He would have stayed in the tomb if His atonment wasn't sufficient. For HE said, Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father.

And to those not wishing to be free from sin, then His death is in vein, and HE weeps, because it's no big deal (they believe) that they should perish. HE weeps not because He died in vein but because they choose death, when they were made to live in fellowship with the author of life.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 10:57:08 AM
At 4/7/2016 5:29:32 AM, Begin wrote:
At 4/7/2016 5:19:33 AM, Begin wrote:

And to those not wishing to be free from sin, then His death is in vein, and HE weeps, because it's no big deal (they believe) that they should perish. HE weeps not because He died in vein but because they choose death, when they were made to live in fellowship with the author of life.

You have not the slightest bit of evidence to support that silly statement!
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:24:18 AM

The big deal was that the only thing mankind needed to do in order to escape eternal death was to have one perfect man. Paul stated that "Therefore, everyone was condemned through one failure, and everyone received God"s life-giving approval through one verdict" (Romans 5:18). In other words, through one man (Adam) sin sent everyone to Hell but also through one man was humanity saved.

So Jesus was that perfect man who redeemed mankind. It is kind of sad that no human could ever even come close to perfection. So God had to come as a man and to show us how it was done.