The religion forum

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:41:37 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/28/2016 11:22:48 PM, Axonly wrote:
So what does everyone think of the religion forum?

No one?
Meh!
newnature
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 11:57:12 PM
Posted: 8 months ago

Does everyone know that Paul"s message is unique and distinct from the message of Jesus Christ and the 12 apostles, there is difference in God"s earthly program and God"s heavenly program. What traditions of people must be left behind if we take the doctrine of Paul seriously?
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:17:00 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:23:34 PM
At 5/13/2016 7:17:00 PM, Geogeer wrote:

+1 =====================================================>
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:25:09 PM

I'm all for it.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:28:00 PM

There a lot of squabbling, petty argumentation, and-insult hurling, but there's some worthwhile stuff in there, too - just not as abundantly. I sift through interesting conversation, often following a few specific users around here. At the moment, it's not so silly as to encourage me to leave.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:52:25 PM

An interesting place with lots of opinionated people discussing a wide range of issues. No one here EVER changes their views on ANYTHING but it's still a good place to discuss a range of issues that are too controversial to bring up in real life. It's my favourite forum on DDO.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 9:43:38 PM
I enjoy reading it most of the time. I often refrain from commenting, knowing both atheists and Theists disagree with me. I read this thread, and like Chloe said, most opinions never change here, so it seems fruitless to comment for that reason.

It has made me more aware to the fact that my beliefs are my own, whether anyone joins me in understanding my perspective, or tries to challenge my beliefs.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:00:09 PM
At 5/13/2016 9:43:38 PM, Emmarie wrote:
I enjoy reading it most of the time. I often refrain from commenting, knowing both atheists and Theists disagree with me. I read this thread, and like Chloe said, most opinions never change here, so it seems fruitless to comment for that reason.

It has made me more aware to the fact that my beliefs are my own, whether anyone joins me in understanding my perspective, or tries to challenge my beliefs.

Having people disagree with me allows me to take a look at my beliefs from a different perspective. I have even changed my mind on a couple of things, due to what I have learned here.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:36:37 PM
I am not here to convert anyone. I am more interested in how each member defends his or her position. People's faith and beliefs are very personal and I understand tbe discussions can get very contentious. But by respecting the sensitivity and observing civility I have been quite satisfied with the results.

Openly declaring my intentions at the beginning gives the responders a comfort feeling they are dealing with a champion who will defend them against bigotry, ignorance and dishonest dregs of humanity. I have even opened my most spiritual member status on DDO for scrutiny. I can proudly say that has not been challenged.

It has occurred to me the religion forum could be improved. But that will only raise the bar and not the dregs that are already struggling to evolve under a burden of guilt and vacant purpose. Let us not confuse them with our senior members who are more resigned to the same in their infirmity.

No reason not to take this opportunity to welcome all to tbe religion forum. I am Harikrish and namaste to all.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 1:55:41 AM
At 5/13/2016 10:36:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
I am not here to convert anyone. I am more interested in how each member defends his or her position. People's faith and beliefs are very personal and I understand tbe discussions can get very contentious. But by respecting the sensitivity and observing civility I have been quite satisfied with the results.

Openly declaring my intentions at the beginning gives the responders a comfort feeling they are dealing with a champion who will defend them against bigotry, ignorance and dishonest dregs of humanity. I have even opened my most spiritual member status on DDO for scrutiny. I can proudly say that has not been challenged.

It has occurred to me the religion forum could be improved. But that will only raise the bar and not the dregs that are already struggling to evolve under a burden of guilt and vacant purpose. Let us not confuse them with our senior members who are more resigned to the same in their infirmity.

No reason not to take this opportunity to welcome all to tbe religion forum. I am Harikrish and namaste to all.
You are not a champion to me and my beliefs. The only thing you seem to be adequate with, is forcing people to take define their beliefs based on orthodox positions. I believe you are part of an operation - that seeks to conform religious factions into perspective groups, so that it will be easier to define commonalities and promote false peace. You are a champion to no one who formulates beliefs independent of religious institutions. Maybe you should rephrase that you are a champion of religious institutions - not individual believers.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 2:14:30 AM

I'm not a contributor to the forum but I do occasionally read your comments as well as Jovians. You both hold your own and have things of substance to say, without being disrespectful to others.
ListLess
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:17:40 AM

I'm about to find out.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 12:02:03 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/14/2016 1:55:41 AM, Emmarie wrote:

You are not a champion to me and my beliefs. The only thing you seem to be adequate with, is forcing people to take define their beliefs based on orthodox positions. I believe you are part of an operation - that seeks to conform religious factions into perspective groups, so that it will be easier to define commonalities and promote false peace. You are a champion to no one who formulates beliefs independent of religious institutions. Maybe you should rephrase that you are a champion of religious institutions - not individual believers.

I noticed you are a single mom which can only suggest your ex was not turned on by the positions you took. Now you are living in sin with another man which suggests you have further compromised your morality and become more accommodating in your positions to please your new partner. But what does your varying position with men have to do with religious institutions and their faithful adherence to the missionary position held by traditional couples? There is a reason why the orthodox position serves couples well. It guarantees they remain married by helping them to resist the temptation to explore unnatural positions
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 12:17:13 PM
At 5/14/2016 2:14:30 AM, Peepette wrote:

I'm not a contributor to the forum but I do occasionally read your comments as well as Jovians. You both hold your own and have things of substance to say, without being disrespectful to others.

Thank you. As they say with great powers comes great responsibilities. I do have the obligation to be responsible given that I invite all to embrace my abundance. It is not without detractors which is expected. But my detractors are blinded by the brilliance of my Aura, if you haven't already noticed.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 12:27:39 PM

Sometimes amusing, sometimes pretty sick!
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 12:33:31 PM

Its more of an anti religion forum really.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 1:31:55 PM
At 5/14/2016 12:33:31 PM, Danb6177 wrote:

Its more of an anti religion forum really.

Where else would Satan choose to be if not where good people gather to talk about God?
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:51:35 PM
At 5/14/2016 12:17:13 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/14/2016 2:14:30 AM, Peepette wrote:

Thank you. As they say with great powers comes great responsibilities. I do have the obligation to be responsible given that I invite all to embrace my abundance. It is not without detractors which is expected. But my detractors are blinded by the brilliance of my Aura, if you haven't already noticed.

Ha Ha, and I try to always stand with the sun at my back so the halo of light engulfs my presence in an effort to awe and inspire.