Jump to topic:

Why is the religion forum always busy?

autocorrect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 12:49:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Whatever time, day or night I've logged in to DDO, the religion forum is always busy. With all the other fora - it comes and goes, but religion - it's rarely more than a few minuets before there's a new post, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Why?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:23:48 PM
At 3/29/2016 12:49:25 PM, autocorrect wrote:
Whatever time, day or night I've logged in to DDO, the religion forum is always busy. With all the other fora - it comes and goes, but religion - it's rarely more than a few minuets before there's a new post, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Why?

The time is nigh the Christians are getting desperate no atheist will be saved. The Muslims are even more concerned the infidels are doomed. And the Hindus need space to accommodate the returning reincarnates. The religious forum is the only place where such concerns are taken seriously. You should be concerned you are behind on the updates. Enable your alerts and notification so you don't miss the good advice passed around the religious forum.
Rami
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:33:59 PM

There is a clan among the free debaters on DDO. They may have once been humans, but are no longer. Instead, they are the Trolls of Religon. They feed on poor humans who just want speak their opinions. They are daily complete oral crusades against all nonbelievers. When they are done, pages upon pages of forums are wasted. Uncountable commentators have succumbed to their tireless hatred. Please! Turn back before you are scarred by the terrible sights on this forum!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:42:08 PM
At 3/29/2016 1:33:59 PM, Rami wrote:

There is a clan among the free debaters on DDO. They may have once been humans, but are no longer. Instead, they are the Trolls of Religon. They feed on poor humans who just want speak their opinions. They are daily complete oral crusades against all nonbelievers. When they are done, pages upon pages of forums are wasted. Uncountable commentators have succumbed to their tireless hatred. Please! Turn back before you are scarred by the terrible sights on this forum!

Sounds like good advice autocorrect would have missed if he actually took it and skipped the religious forum. Another case Conflicted Cintradiction.
autocorrect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:21:46 PM
At 3/29/2016 1:42:08 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 3/29/2016 1:33:59 PM, Rami wrote:

Sounds like good advice autocorrect would have missed if he actually took it and skipped the religious forum. Another case Conflicted Cintradiction.

Oh dear Harikrish. I've just noticed your thread on 'what do you think of the religion forum?' and obs, my question is very similar. Sorry. I was unaware at the time.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:41:25 PM

A ton of people use DDO for the religion forum only. They come from so many parts of the globe too.
Ashton
newnature
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:46:30 PM

I don't see Paul being taught, it's time to get the religion forum really cooking. The sin issue was resolved for everyone, but understand that having a redeemer and accepting the redeemer that we have and what that redeemer accomplished are two different things. Some are not willing to believe Paul"s good news, and therefore, not all will be joined to the redeemer, and they will be standing in their own righteousness.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:49:14 PM
At 3/29/2016 3:46:30 PM, newnature wrote:

I don't see Paul being taught, it's time to get the religion forum really cooking. The sin issue was resolved for everyone, but understand that having a redeemer and accepting the redeemer that we have and what that redeemer accomplished are two different things. Some are not willing to believe Paul"s good news, and therefore, not all will be joined to the redeemer, and they will be standing in their own righteousness.

I love your hat bog.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
autocorrect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 3:50:39 PM

You mean Paul the alien from the movie by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost?
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 4:29:02 PM

I would venture a guess to say since (a) because a definitive, demonstrable answer is not possible to attain, and (b) people are naturally resistant to modifying or relinquishing currently held beliefs (Belief Perseverance), that people can easily assert their stance to bolster their confidence in their correctness [1] while rather easily evading the contrary though the inherent ambiguity or simple dismissal. Specifically, enacting the "avoidance/dismissal" or "repackaging" reactions to Cognitive Dissonance. Further, perhaps this is appealing fuel for Confirmation Bias. Of course, this is speculative and generalized.

[1] The Need to Be Right: https://www.psychologytoday.com...
autocorrect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:01:45 PM
At 3/29/2016 4:29:02 PM, Chaosism wrote:

I would venture a guess to say since (a) because a definitive, demonstrable answer is not possible to attain, and (b) people are naturally resistant to modifying or relinquishing currently held beliefs (Belief Perseverance), that people can easily assert their stance to bolster their confidence in their correctness [1] while rather easily evading the contrary though the inherent ambiguity or simple dismissal. Specifically, enacting the "avoidance/dismissal" or "repackaging" reactions to Cognitive Dissonance. Further, perhaps this is appealing fuel for Confirmation Bias. Of course, this is speculative and generalized.

Great link. Could probably cut and paste that into another thread as a basis for debate. I agree with a lot of what he says in the article, but think the need to be right is rooted in the relationship between the organism and causal reality. I'd suggest three layers: biological rightness, behavioural rightness and intellectual rightness - one built upon another by evolutionary development. He only really deals with the last of these - in this article, but promises to dig deeper in the next installment.

He's right in what he says about personal relationships and happiness, but I'm not sure I agree with what he says about learning - where being right is the carrot dangling just beyond the donkeys nose. Chasing that carrot is what drives us to learn things - and the rewards are physically and biologically oriented toward rightness; I bet you could show dopamine release upon getting a right answer.

Hey, thanks for that link, but with regard to the other question, I'm not able to comment. I'll let the officianados of the religion forum answer that one.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:43:24 PM

we all nerds here everybody thinks they r right & the others worng. so everybody wants to share their crap. welcome
Never fart near dog
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:59:19 PM

You forget there are those who want to be abused.
Some of the them are looking for someone to abuse them.
https://m.youtube.com...
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 6:04:07 PM
At 3/29/2016 5:01:45 PM, autocorrect wrote:

Great link. Could probably cut and paste that into another thread as a basis for debate. I agree with a lot of what he says in the article, but think the need to be right is rooted in the relationship between the organism and causal reality. I'd suggest three layers: biological rightness, behavioural rightness and intellectual rightness - one built upon another by evolutionary development. He only really deals with the last of these - in this article, but promises to dig deeper in the next installment.

He's right in what he says about personal relationships and happiness, but I'm not sure I agree with what he says about learning - where being right is the carrot dangling just beyond the donkeys nose. Chasing that carrot is what drives us to learn things - and the rewards are physically and biologically oriented toward rightness; I bet you could show dopamine release upon getting a right answer.

Hey, thanks for that link, but with regard to the other question, I'm not able to comment. I'll let the officianados of the religion forum answer that one.

Thank you for that commentary on the article, too.

...and to stress again to those reading - I didn't aim this any one person (or group); it was a broad generalization. I'm certain that there are those who are here to test the validity of what they know or hold to be true, as well.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 7:21:56 PM

I wish there were more members who had the need to be right. It gets a bit tiring correcting them for their flippant mistakes because they have such a disregard for the tbe truth or the veracity of what they post.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 10:13:03 PM
Because everyone is busy arguing with Saurus.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:10:49 PM

Whether people realise it or not it is a vital topic in this time of the end.

It is important to get it right, more important than any other time in history, I would not be surprised if people are not being led here to help Christ and his father gauge their reactions.

Of course it is also true that many may be led here by Satan's spirit in order to make it harder for people to find the truth. Those led by Satan probably think it is their own idea.

If only they knew what was going on.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:11:54 PM
At 3/29/2016 3:41:25 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

A ton of people use DDO for the religion forum only. They come from so many parts of the globe too.

Yup I am one of them, I very rarely indeed look at any other section.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:14:47 PM

Well since Paul taught Christ, if you teach Christ as I do you also teach Paul.

All of the Apostles taught what Christ taught, and all demanded the same unity of teaching that Christ insisted on.

Frankly anyone who thinks differently, and I know some do, simply do not know their bible at all, only what lying human say about it.

Satan is working ever harder to distract people from the truth since he knows he has so much less time left in which to do so.
newnature
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:25:49 PM
At 3/30/2016 11:14:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

All of the Apostles taught what Christ taught, and all demanded the same unity of teaching that Christ insisted on.

Frankly anyone who thinks differently, and I know some do, simply do not know their bible at all, only what lying human say about it.

Satan is working ever harder to distract people from the truth since he knows he has so much less time left in which to do so.

I started a thread just for you, I would like to expose your trinity belief, be looking for ya.
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 11:31:28 PM

Just make sure not to confuse busy-ness with productiveness in this case.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:11:07 AM

Because topics like economics, politics, history etc. are a bit more verifiable and conclusions more or less can be settled. Religion is a speculation with over 7 billion speculators - so conclusions can never be reached.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 9:49:13 AM
At 3/31/2016 2:11:07 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Because topics like economics, politics, history etc. are a bit more verifiable and conclusions more or less can be settled. Religion is a speculation with over 7 billion speculators - so conclusions can never be reached.

They can be, and are, reached by some.

Unfortunately more often than not it is the wrong conclusion.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 9:49:47 AM
At 3/30/2016 11:31:28 PM, Fly wrote:

Just make sure not to confuse busy-ness with productiveness in this case.

Lol, all too true I'm afraid.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:13:25 AM
At 3/30/2016 11:25:49 PM, newnature wrote:
At 3/30/2016 11:14:47 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I started a thread just for you, I would like to expose your trinity belief, be looking for ya.

You are welcome to try, but since my belief is the same as that of teh Apostles, Christ, and his father, I am more than happy for you to do do.

The trinity is an illogical fake. dragged n from pagan religions, and not even thought about before the 4th century.

Simple as.

Even Christ himself, post-resurrections stated clearly that he shared the same God as his followers. John 20:17

The Apostles continually prised the father, not the son (1 Peter 1:3; Ephesians 1:3).

In fact the Apostles praised the father for the son, and all the son did.

Scripture tells us that Christ has a head, his father, and that the relationship is the same as that between Christ and man, as well as man and woman. An absolute hierarchy. Jehovah on top. Christ one rung down, man one more and the woman one more.

Christ even refused to be called Good saying that only God was good. Luke 18:18,19.

Christ rules as king for a limited time (1000 year) before handing the completed Kingdom over to his father. Revelation 20:4; Luke 22:28-30.

Jehovah's only begotten son came to earth to become incarnate in Jesus John 1:14. (It is impossible for Jesus to be God's only begotten son because he was preceded by an unspecified number of sons, which he assisted in the creation of).

Nowhere in unadulterated scripture is Christ spoken of as being equal to his father.

Bring it on, but be careful to use scriptures from an accurate and honest translation of the Bible, which at least has Jehovah's name in most of the 7,000 places it belongs, you may need a bit of help there because there are only two, the ASV and the NWT.

Using a lying translation will only make you a liar in turn, especially since such translations were only produced to cause precisely the confusion you suffer from if you believe the trinity to be fact.

Since we have no extant writings from before the Apostasy started, it is impossible to ensure the accuracy of what we teach without extensive comparison and deduction. The liars, or deluded people, who produced the vast majority of translations translated them according to doctrine, not fact.

Like I say, bring it on, it is the trinity which will be exposed for the lie it is.
autocorrect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:31:32 AM
Thank you for all your replies so far. They make interesting reading. I'm not replying to your comments, but I am reading them.
bulpoof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:05:21 PM
At 3/29/2016 3:49:14 PM, bulproof wrote:

I love your hat bog. : :

I love your name bulproof.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:39:35 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:05:21 PM, bulpoof wrote:

Is that why you pretend to be him, poof?
bulpoof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:43:50 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:39:35 PM, desmac wrote:

Is that why you pretend to be him, poof? : :

I love the name bulproof so that's why I am using the name "bulpoof".
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 5:45:02 PM
At 3/31/2016 5:43:50 PM, bulpoof wrote:
At 3/31/2016 5:39:35 PM, desmac wrote:

Is that why you pretend to be him, poof? : :

I love the name bulproof so that's why I am using the name "bulpoof".

Good for you, imposter.