Jump to topic:

Theatrical spectacles.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 11:45:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
A certain person, whose name I am sure you can guess, is happily assuming that for once she has caught me without a scripture to back up my claim.

You would think after all this time she would have got tired of being wrong, but apparently not.

For all my human errors I truly do speak for God, despite not currently being one of his people.

1 Corinthians 4:9
9 For it seems to me that God has put us the apostles last on exhibition as men condemned to death, because we have become a theatrical spectacle to the world, and to angels and to men.

All who wish to serve God and Christ are exactly that, a theatrical spectacle, put on display to humans and angels alike to show that some will serve God, whatever Satan throws at us, and that we intend to prove Satan a liar in his challenge to God, detailed in Job chapters 1 & 2.

What is a theatrical spectacle but a public spectacle, and note that Paul carefully includes Angels in the "public" he is speaking of.

Do you wish to be put on public display, to men and angels for the right reasons?

Or are yo content to have Satan hold you up as ones who prove his challenge correct.

Will my arrogant, overconfident friend ever learn>

Read on, lol, anywhere she chooses to follow me.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 11:55:50 AM
At 3/31/2016 11:45:12 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
A certain person, whose name I am sure you can guess, is happily assuming that for once she has caught me without a scripture to back up my claim.

You would think after all this time she would have got tired of being wrong, but apparently not.

For all my human errors I truly do speak for God, despite not currently being one of his people.

9 For it seems to me that God has put us the apostles last on exhibition as men condemned to death, because we have become a theatrical spectacle to the world, and to angels and to men.

All who wish to serve God and Christ are exactly that, a theatrical spectacle, put on display to humans and angels alike to show that some will serve God, whatever Satan throws at us, and that we intend to prove Satan a liar in his challenge to God, detailed in Job chapters 1 & 2.

What is a theatrical spectacle but a public spectacle, and note that Paul carefully includes Angels in the "public" he is speaking of.

Do you wish to be put on public display, to men and angels for the right reasons?

Or are yo content to have Satan hold you up as ones who prove his challenge correct.

So you feel your actions are judged by countless entities of various influences and powers, all of them watching your actions as a star on a stage, and you will sway and move these entities of varying degree and power, as though they are enthralled, nay, fascinated by your performance...

and its some one else that is arrogant or overconfident?

Yeah.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:17:01 PM
At 3/31/2016 11:55:50 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So you feel your actions are judged by countless entities of various influences and powers, all of them watching your actions as a star on a stage, and you will sway and move these entities of varying degree and power, as though they are enthralled, nay, fascinated by your performance...

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:21:34 PM

Read on, lol, anywhere she chooses to follow me.

How do you speak for God? If you mean by quoting scriptures you are speaking for God, then even the devil speaks for God. In Matthew 4:1-11 Satan is seen quoting scriptures from Psalm 91:11-12.
You have been asked any times to produce scriptures to back your assertions and you failed to do so.

Scripture offers objective measures for confirming genuine believers:

The primary direction and characteristics of a person"s life- I Jn. 3:9
Works of the flesh vs. the fruit of the Spirit " Gal. 5:19-24.
The wisdom from below vs. the wisdom from above " Ja. 3:12-18.
The works of darkness vs. the fruit of the Light " Eph. 5:5-11.
The unrighteous " I Cor. 6:9-10.
Love for the word vs. love of the Father- I Jn. 2:15-17.
Love for other believers " I Jn.3:14; 5:1.
Keeping God"s commandments " I Jn. 2:4, Ti. 1:16.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, factions, 21 envy,[e] drunkenness, carousing, and things like these. I am warning you, as I warned you before: those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

James 3:13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Show by your good life that your works are done with gentleness born of wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not be boastful and false to the truth. 15 Such wisdom does not come down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, devilish. 16 For where there is envy and selfish ambition, there will also be disorder and wickedness of every kind. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy. 18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace for[f] those who make peace.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be associated with them. 8 For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as children of light" 9 for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true. 10 Try to find out what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! Fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, sodomites, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, revilers, robbers"none of these will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I have come to know him," but does not obey his commandments, is a liar, and in such a person the truth does not exist;

1 Timothy 1:15 The saying is sure and worthy of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"of whom I am the foremost. 16 But for that very reason I received mercy, so that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display the utmost patience, making me an example to those who would come to believe in him for eternal life.

The above scriptures shows you are not a true believer but a theatrical wobbly lopsided spectacle. You promote Jehovah when (1 Ti 1:15-16) says you should be an example for Jesus Christ who gave you mercy.

You are also an adulterer, fornicator and sodomite 'none' of these will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:10).

You dud nut stop,after your first failed marriage. You continued as a serial adulterer, fornicator and sodomite. You abandoned your family and children, you got disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders. You even tried joined a dating service while committed to Imelda. You have made no attempt to be reinstated because you continue to live in sin which is not what a believer does after accepting Jesus.

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. (1 John 3:9)

So what are we to make of you? The bible is very clear about how you should be received.

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I have come to know him," but does not obey his commandments, is a liar, and in such a person the truth does not exist.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:39:29 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:17:01 PM, dhardage wrote:

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

I had a discussion with Ethang on this tangent, to which he humiliated himself (literally) on the matter, but it doesn't change much when it comes out of the wash, know what I mean?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:42:42 PM

I simply stated that you can't find a single passage that states, or necessarily implies, that the purpose of Christian baptism, or one purpose of it, is a "public declaration." Yet that was the first sentence of your "ramble." Not surprisingly, the BotchTower states the same thing: "Baptism publicly indicates your desire to serve God. It shows that you are delighted to do Jehovah"s will."

By your definitions of things, anything done alone in the privacy of your own home is "public" and "on public display". I can't help it if this means, by your own definitions, that you are a public drunk, a public sodomite, and the like. Hence, you fart in public all the time. You urinate and defecate in public. I bet you stay on the move as the neighbors get annoyed with you!

You stated, "Oh, I won't produce the passage that teaches what I claimed because I don't "cast my pearls before swine." Well, according to the BotchTower of Brooklyn, you're one of the swine! (But what do those tards know?)

At any rate, everyone on here knows that you can't produce a single passage that states or necessarily implies that one purpose of water baptism is "for a public declaration" of anything. If you could, you would have already done so.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:46:49 PM

Then give the scripture, or passage, that states or necessarily implies that the purpose - or one purpose - of Christian baptism is "for a public declaration" of something. I don't mean a passage from the pages of the WatchTower magazine.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:49:01 PM

MCB, that's really sad if you really believe it to be true. You don't even know if god exists let alone what it thinks!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:52:25 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:39:29 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

I had a discussion with Ethang on this tangent, to which he humiliated himself (literally) on the matter, but it doesn't change much when it comes out of the wash, know what I mean?

If only you were scripturally literate, you could have exposed MCB with the same sanctimonious rubbish he wraps himself with. Ethang is not the goto person for matters of religious disputes. He is a struggling Christian and just as scripturally ignorant.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:55:07 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:52:25 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

If only you were scripturally literate, you could have exposed MCB with the same sanctimonious rubbish he wraps himself with. Ethang is not the goto person for matters of religious disputes. He is a struggling Christian and just as scripturally ignorant.

It doesn't appear as though scripture was needed, Hari.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:55:10 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:42:42 PM, annanicole wrote:

I simply stated that you can't find a single passage that states, or necessarily implies, that the purpose of Christian baptism, or one purpose of it, is a "public declaration." Yet that was the first sentence of your "ramble." Not surprisingly, the BotchTower states the same thing: "Baptism publicly indicates your desire to serve God. It shows that you are delighted to do Jehovah"s will."

And I supplied that passage above.

The passage may not be definitively baptism oriented, but is stating the general principle which applies equally to baptism.

Baptism represents a public declaration to all who cannot, or are not allowed to read our minds and hearts, whether human, angel or demon.

Sorry Anna but you really should have learned by now that all you are doing is exposing your determined ignorance, and so scripture beats you every time.

The fact that you have not even managed to learn the role principle plays in the true worship of Jehovah and obedience to Christ simply highlights the amazing depth of that ignorance which almost matches that of any other unbeliever.

And since you do not believe in who or what Christ is, or in his father, unbeliever is precisely what you remain.

By your definitions of things, anything done alone in the privacy of your own home is "public" and "on public display". I can't help it if this means, by your own definitions, that you are a public drunk, a public sodomite, and the like. Hence, you fart in public all the time. You urinate and defecate in public. I bet you stay on the move as the neighbors get annoyed with you!

Not my definition, scripture's, as I have shown.

You stated, "Oh, I won't produce the passage that teaches what I claimed because I don't "cast my pearls before swine." Well, according to the BotchTower of Brooklyn, you're one of the swine! (But what do those tards know?)

But not according to Jehovah and Christ and that is what matters.

You are far too attached to the human end of things to get a true perspective.

So it remains true that all you can do is resort to insult, since you have no other weapon in your armoury.

At any rate, everyone on here knows that you can't produce a single passage that states or necessarily implies that one purpose of water baptism is "for a public declaration" of anything. If you could, you would have already done so.

Nope they don't, but they do know what a fraud you are Anna.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:56:58 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:55:07 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

Scripture is always needed when it comes to Jehovah and his son.

The trouble for such as Harikrish is that not only am I on the side of scripture, but of Jehovah and his son as well, so I have more than enough backing to my posts.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 1:57:54 PM
If anyone is a fraud, it is you MCB, even the nasty JW sect doesn't want you as one of their members!
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:01:32 PM

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

Indeed. How else would you even be aware of their existence?

Much like Harry Potter, Agent Jack Ryan, John Gault, et etc.

The trouble for such as Harikrish is that not only am I on the side of scripture, but of Jehovah and his son as well, so I have more than enough backing to my posts.

Yes. You have read the book well, and followed the book well. And when the book didn't quite add up, you did a good job of following the book to ensure to yourself the book adds up. Well done.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:52:46 PM
At 3/31/2016 2:01:32 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

Indeed. How else would you even be aware of their existence?

Much like Harry Potter, Agent Jack Ryan, John Gault, et etc.

Yes. You have read the book well, and followed the book well. And when the book didn't quite add up, you did a good job of following the book to ensure to yourself the book adds up. Well done.

The Bible adds up 100%, and that is all there is to it. Only those determinedly in denial can believe otherwise.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:54:03 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:57:54 PM, tarantula wrote:
If anyone is a fraud, it is you MCB, even the nasty JW sect doesn't want you as one of their members!

No, I am no fraud, what I practice, I preach, and I will be back in Jehovah's own time.

You chose your name well because your output is poison to all humanity who take it in.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 2:55:15 PM

He just won't accept that. That is why I have to keep reminding him with facts he himself confessed.

He even blames women for making him do things to them that he never liked like having unnatural sex. Any wonder at 67 he is forced to live alone with a dog. He is quite a turnoff, won't you say!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:11:02 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:55:10 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The passage may not be definitively baptism oriented, but is stating the general principle which applies equally to baptism.

Not "may not." "Does not". The passage has nothing in the world to do with baptism.

Baptism represents a public declaration ...

Do you have any immediate plans to provide a passage that states the above? Your little assertions count for naught.

So far, we haven't seen a single passage that teaches that "baptism represents a public declaration."

Again I ask: do you have any plans to provide such a passage?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:27:07 PM
At 3/31/2016 3:11:02 PM, annanicole wrote:

Not "may not." "Does not". The passage has nothing in the world to do with baptism.

Do you have any immediate plans to provide a passage that states the above? Your little assertions count for naught.

So far, we haven't seen a single passage that teaches that "baptism represents a public declaration."

I already fielded this one: "Yes. You have read the book well, and followed the book well. And when the book didn't quite add up, you did a good job of following the book to ensure to yourself the book adds up. Well done.".

He thinks its in the book. He follows the book. The book says he is right for following the book. Ergo, its in the book.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 3:40:57 PM
At 3/31/2016 2:54:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, I am no fraud, what I practice, I preach, and I will be back in Jehovah's own time.

You chose your name well because your output is poison to all humanity who take it in.

That is funny considering your JW evil garbage is poison. How many posters take you seriously, not many I suspect?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:03:24 PM
At 3/31/2016 3:27:07 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I already fielded this one: "Yes. You have read the book well, and followed the book well. And when the book didn't quite add up, you did a good job of following the book to ensure to yourself the book adds up. Well done.".

He thinks its in the book. He follows the book. The book says he is right for following the book. Ergo, its in the book.

That's the thing: what he's claiming isn't "in the book" to start with.

Baptism is never said to be a "public declaration" of anything. It need not even be done in the presence of the public. It need not be done with good lighting. He's reached the sad point of claiming something is public if angels see it. Hence, in his eyes, baptism is always "public" because angels and demons see it! THAT, in turn, means that every time he farts, urinates, or defecates - by definition - he is doing it in public. Therefore, the RIGHT thing to do is: the Mad Clown needs to go explain this to the police and turn himself in as a public nuisance.
bulpoof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:08:35 PM

Read on, lol, anywhere she chooses to follow me. : :

Does anyone know you outside DDO?

Do you say the same things to everyone who approaches you?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:10:45 PM

But the principle still applies since it is a general principle.

You love to try and dodge things like that don;t you. It won;t wash with Christ though.

All he will ask is if realised that his followers are under principle, not law, and if you understood that meant using your brain instead of leaning on exact wording.

When you say "no, as you will be forced to, though no doubt with your usual feeble attempt at explaining, he will simply say that his people tried to teach you so why didn't you listen.

As you well know I have provided one which gives the general principle which applies to all human activities, including baptism.

If you knew even the basics of what Christ taught you would know that we are now under principle and do not even every single detail written down n a law code. Why would we simply swap one law code for another?

Apparently you like things spelt out exactly, just as the Pharisees did, well tough, that is not the Christian way.

As always you simply parade you scriptural ignorance for all to see.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 4:14:13 PM
At 3/31/2016 1:55:07 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Yeah.

Can you say 'ego'?

People like MCB who uses scriptures believe they are arguing from a position of authority. They disregard science, logic, reason and consider them inferior to scriptures.
The only way to refute them is to show a superior knowledge of scriptures. Because that challenges the core of their beliefs.
The unfortunate downside to this approach is dealing with the many different translations of the bible and the semantic interpretations of words that can be easily distorted. Furthermore there are different views offered by the different authors and are often used to counter the same argument.
But that is no different than arguing with scientists using religion instead of evidence or the scientific method. Scientists look for scientific authority.
What is a low threshold is atheists not well versed in scriptures or science offering argument from no recognized authoritative source except their manufactured logic.
For example. A is not equal to B, B is not equal to C. Therefore A is equal to C.
Nevertheless no matter how much atheists perverts logic. A real pervert like MCB has no equals. He perverts everything he touches, scriptures, sanctity of marriage, family, trust, JW membership. sex. etc. etc.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 10:17:49 PM
At 3/31/2016 4:10:45 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You love to try and dodge things like that don;t you. It won;t wash with Christ though.

All he will ask is if realised that his followers are under principle, not law, and if you understood that meant using your brain instead of leaning on exact wording.

When you say "no, as you will be forced to, though no doubt with your usual feeble attempt at explaining, he will simply say that his people tried to teach you so why didn't you listen.

As you well know I have provided one which gives the general principle which applies to all human activities, including baptism.

Oh, is that the same passage that states that you urinate in public, defecate in public, pick your nose in public? In other words, with you, there is no such thing as "in private", is there?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 11:06:55 PM
At 3/31/2016 10:17:49 PM, annanicole wrote:

Oh, is that the same passage that states that you urinate in public, defecate in public, pick your nose in public? In other words, with you, there is no such thing as "in private", is there?

Actually it proves that we all do, every single one of us.

True it is not the whole of the public, because it is missing the human part, but it is still public.

You see Anna it applies t you as much as it does to me. When you are urinating, defecating, changing your tampon, enjoying sex (assuming you have a partner) masturbating (assuming you do such a thing) you are doing it where you can be seen by Angels, faithful or unfaithful (though in the most private activities it will only be the unfaithful ones who do not turn their heads away).

What you do n places where you can be seen, you do in public. That is the every definition of the word. It doesn't make any difference who can see you, or how many, it is still public.

So deal with it Anna you do things every bit as publicly as I do, and probably worse things than I do also, because you teach false doctrine where I do not.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 2:41:54 AM
At 3/31/2016 11:06:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

True it is not the whole of the public, because it is missing the human part, but it is still public.

You see Anna it applies t you as much as it does to me. When you are urinating, defecating, changing your tampon, enjoying sex (assuming you have a partner) masturbating (assuming you do such a thing) you are doing it where you can be seen by Angels, faithful or unfaithful (though in the most private activities it will only be the unfaithful ones who do not turn their heads away).

What you do n places where you can be seen, you do in public. That is the every definition of the word. It doesn't make any difference who can see you, or how many, it is still public.

So deal with it Anna you do things every bit as publicly as I do, and probably worse things than I do also, because you teach false doctrine where I do not.

The result? You claim that baptism is a "public declaration" despite the fact that it may be a very private act. By the way, when you look up the word "public" in a dictionary, do you see your definition in there anyplace?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 5:27:24 AM
At 3/31/2016 11:06:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

LMAO @ "missing the human part." Yeah, not another human on the planet witnessed it - but according to you, it was STILL PUBLIC. Do you know how crazy you sound?

Don't apply your stupidity to me.

Repeat: do you have any plans at all to provide a passage - preferably one that at least mentions baptism - that teaches that Christian baptism is a "public declaration" of ANYTHING?

Nobody is very interested in your wild assertions that EVERYTHING ONE DOES is "public." The very use of the word "public" implies that there are things that are "not public."