Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheism for dummies

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Posts: 3,439
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 8:42:01 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

Is that what dummies think atheism is? Sounds about right.
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 9:17:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

Or "we don't know really, but perhaps it has always existed?". You know, like theists say about their god on the question of who created God?

"It only looks like it was designed"

Even if the universe looked like a surreal painting made of a 5 year old, you would still had gone on with the "Wow it looks like someone designed it!".

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 9:43:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:42:01 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

Is that what dummies think atheism is? Sounds about right.

^^^^^^^ this
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.
Canuck
Posts: 164
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 10:55:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

If the universe was created by a supreme being with humans (actually men) as the primary focus, all I can say is that he did a complete shitty job. My 10 year old daughter could come up with a better universe in which humans can thrive.
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:20:16 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

No, dummy.

"I lack a belief in gods".
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:06:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"
"It only looks like it was designed"
Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"
Bronto, you use this line of argument a lot -- incorrectly.

Just because you hold your god to have designed the universe does not mean a designed universe implies the existence of your god -- that's the fallacy of affirminig the consequent. [https://en.wikipedia.org...]

Moreover, a created universe doesn't necessarily imply a designed universe.

Nor is it implied that creation of the universe entails a being worthy of worship. Power is not morality, and absolute power is not absolute morality.

Finally, even if you allow creation and the existence of design, by themselves, complexity of form, or even improbability of form are not arguments for intelligence. At minimum, demonstration of Intelligence requires:

1) the efficient production of
2) an effective solution to
3) a complex problem using
4) limited resources.

Why these criteria?

Because inefficient production of solutions are considered less intelligent than efficient production. Ineffective solutions are considered less intelligently produced than effective ones. Solutions to complex problems are considered more intelligent than solutions to simple ones. And solving problems in restricted resources are considered more intelligent than solving problems with unbounded resources, while solving problems with unbounded resources are considered not intelligent at all.

So before you can claim science has overlooked Intelligent Design, you must first show that ID is a scientific conjecture. Which means you must address the problem of falsification. Namely, how could an independent reviewer know:

1) if the problem were not intentional, or were simpler than you realised;
3) of the resources were more abundant than you knew;
4) if the solution were ineffective, or only partly effective; and
5) what the methodology was, and whether it were inefficient?

Unless you can answer these questions, the claim is not independently falsifiable. If it is not independently falsifiable then it is a non-empirical conjecture, which makes it pseudoscience, like astrology or homeopathy.

So, to recap... even if you could link Intelligent Design to theism (and you can't -- it's disrupted by no less than three fallacies), you would still need to address the question of falsifying the minimum criteria associated with intelligence -- and nobody has.

This is why your posts tend not to see substantive rebuttal, Bronto. You're not only ignorant of the rigour needed, you're also indifferent to the criticism that would help you learn to do better.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 6:29:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.
You stick with that saurus just like you already do.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Jovian
Posts: 1,719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 8:13:12 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Why would it be a denigrating idea that humans evolved from another primate 200 000 years ago? That would be like saying that you should be ashamed of yourself because your ancestor 2000 years ago was a caveman. A heritage pretty much everyone has.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 2:18:45 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.

Now des don't ask him to tell the truth, you know he can't do that and still be a godbotherer.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:09:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.

I see the stand method of atheist communication.

That would be no
Take that to mean atheist claim to be the highest form of life in the universe. by claiming atheism you know (there is no god), hence claiming that there is no form of life higher then themselves. you know there own gods judging good and evil.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:17:22 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:09:18 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.

I see the stand method of atheist communication.

That would be no
Take that to mean atheist claim to be the highest form of life in the universe. by claiming atheism you know (there is no god), hence claiming that there is no form of life higher then themselves. you know there own gods judging good and evil.
You haven't named anyone yet and remember the longer this goes the greater will be your humiliation.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist? Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost. Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:25:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:09:18 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.

I see the stand method of atheist communication.

That would be no
Take that to mean atheist claim to be the highest form of life in the universe. by claiming atheism you know (there is no god), hence claiming that there is no form of life higher then themselves. you know there own gods judging good and evil.

Here is a statement I will make:

Humans are the most intelligent life form on this planet.

Prove me wrong....
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:33:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist? Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost. Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.

You seem to imply that evolution is a ridiculous theory. Have you ever compared the theories of evolution and creationism along with their respective evidence side by side?

I believed in creationism too....until I was 8. Were you aware that snakes and donkeys cannot talk? You may find that hard to believe but its true.

I have a Christian acquaintance that thinks he will move a mountain if he simply has enough faith. Who knows - maybe we will read in the news that someone moved a whole mountain simply through the mighty power of prayer. I wouldn't hold my breath though ;)
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:35:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist? Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost. Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.

An old book told you that, huh?
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 3:37:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God
You haven't read your book, he wasn't the son of anyone he was a lump of dirt.
Go and read it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Canuck
Posts: 164
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:13:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:09:18 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.

I see the stand method of atheist communication.

That would be no
Take that to mean atheist claim to be the highest form of life in the universe. by claiming atheism you know (there is no god), hence claiming that there is no form of life higher then themselves. you know there own gods judging good and evil.

That is a completely ludicrous claim. Humans have an infinitesimally small knowledge of the rest of the universe. So atheists generally believe humans are the most evolved species in a miniscule speck within the universe. Hardly equates to being gods.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:31:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 4:13:18 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 4/2/2016 3:09:18 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:10:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/2/2016 2:06:08 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 8:33:28 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Can you name one atheist who has claimed to be the highest form of life?

if you say there is no God, then you say you are the highest form of life in the universe. therefore by default you say you are, and by your instance that your logic and reason is better than all other thing for belief and trust, shows it. and because you posses your logic and reason makes you in your own eyes superior to all the rest.

sure you can go there may be aliens on that, but that stuff is for kids and sifi movies.

I take that to mean that you concede that you cannot name one atheist who has ever claimed to be the highest form of life.

I see the stand method of atheist communication.

That would be no
Take that to mean atheist claim to be the highest form of life in the universe. by claiming atheism you know (there is no god), hence claiming that there is no form of life higher then themselves. you know there own gods judging good and evil.

That is a completely ludicrous claim. Humans have an infinitesimally small knowledge of the rest of the universe. So atheists generally believe humans are the most evolved species in a miniscule speck within the universe. Hardly equates to being gods.

well the "gods" part is a description in Genesis and it all depends on what one sees what a god is. to some it could be a statue of some sort or and image held in ones own mind. never the less in the case of the God of Israel He is the Creator and Judge therefore the true Judge of what is good and evil, for and of His creation. and it's man without God that thinks himself to do just that be the judge of what is good and evil. and whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant.

otherwise if as you just said, humans are an evolved species, then what higher form of life is there in that view? It would have to be that in the atheist's view that he is the highest form of life there is, doesn't matter how massive the universe might be. size doesn't matter. it's the atheist claim to logic and reason the makes them superior in their own minds to all other forms of life. able to judge good and evil for themselves. which in the biblical view is God's job. hence the constant preaching if you will, of the judgement to come in the Christian view.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:52:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:33:26 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist? Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost. Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.

You seem to imply that evolution is a ridiculous theory.

so

Have you ever compared the theories of evolution and creationism along with their respective evidence side by side?

no, but its' simple enough, the bible says what it says. evolution is a theory (mans thinking, note logic and reason) based on evidence used to support that thinking. if you want that to be a part of your system of belief (religion), oh well. Just because you have chosen a school of thought that is maybe 200 years old or some thing of that nature over what goes way back to be apart of your beliefs doesn't make it true. evidence can be made to fit just about any view by someone savvy with the use of logic and reason of the minds of others.

if you notice the theorizer you don't know, nor the actual evidence you can't touch, I believe it was some collage student that toke DNA of the original Neanderthal and found it wasn't human at all.

and the scriptures are a documentation of what was experience by those who knew there God and testified as such. you can't know what's in the ground unless you find it yourself and what you will find is dead and can not speak one way or the other on what the discoverer says about it. but it is the Christian and scriptural claim that you can know the Lord God through and in the name of Jesus Christ. therefore you can know for yourself who and what is God.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:59:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 4:31:53 PM, DPMartin wrote:
case of the God of Israel He is the Creator and Judge therefore the true Judge
You probably don't know but that same god was a member of the Canaanite pantheon of gods before the Canaanites morphed into the Hebrews.
You may want to think on that. Yeah I know you can't but what can I do?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Chloe8
Posts: 2,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 5:32:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist?

There is likely to be alien races in other parts of the universe with a higher level of intelligence and technology than humans. It's a big place.

Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost. Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 3:44:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist?

How could I possibly know what other life exists in this vast universe? But the real lie is that you claim that this is what atheists think. How could you know what atheists think?

Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

Wow. Logic and reason are logic and reason. The source is irrelevant.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

I've been in a science classroom. Where have you been? Cite us a science textbook which states what you claim. I think you will find that we share a common ape ancestor, but we are not descended from a monkey. Monkeys and humans are cousins.

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost.

Who cares what ignorant, superstitious people dreamed up?

Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.

A fantasy completely at odds with the fossil record (and multiple other lines of evidence, such as DNA).
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 7:07:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/2/2016 4:52:35 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Have you ever compared the theories of evolution and creationism along with their respective evidence side by side?

no, but its' simple enough, the bible says what it says. evolution is a theory (mans thinking, note logic and reason) based on evidence used to support that thinking. if you want that to be a part of your system of belief (religion), oh well. Just because you have chosen a school of thought that is maybe 200 years old or some thing of that nature over what goes way back to be apart of your beliefs doesn't make it true.

Just because something is old, or tradition, doesn't mean it is right or better, so I hope you'll understand if this part of your argument is dismissed.

evidence can be made to fit just about any view by someone savvy with the use of logic and reason of the minds of others

if you notice the theorizer you don't know, nor the actual evidence you can't touch, I believe it was some collage student that toke DNA of the original Neanderthal and found it wasn't human at all.

and the scriptures are a documentation of what was experience by those who knew there God and testified as such. you can't know what's in the ground unless you find it yourself and what you will find is dead and can not speak one way or the other on what the discoverer says about it. but it is the Christian and scriptural claim that you can know the Lord God through and in the name of Jesus Christ. therefore you can know for yourself who and what is God.

Basically, you're saying if we can't discover the evidence ourselves, then it isn't evidence. Well, the evidence 'pulled out of the ground' still exists and you can verify it yourself. Additionally, you can pick up fossils off of the ground in many many locations. You can verify that antibiotics and pesticides are losing their effectiveness. So, simple evidence for evolution is easy to come by and need not rely on other people, or even experts.

On the other hand, we can't view, hear, touch, etc., the Christian god. We have only the words of ancient men and we generally don't know who these men were. We can't verify how they came by their information. So, unless god is speaking to an individual directly (revelation), the 'evidence' for the Christian god is limited to hearsay from anonymous ancient men. The complaint you've lodged against evolution is more appropriately put to Creationism.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 3:33:03 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 3:44:03 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/2/2016 3:25:33 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/2/2016 10:26:14 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 4/1/2016 10:21:45 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 4/1/2016 8:11:00 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Nuttin done it"

"It only looks like it was designed"

Everything has a cause but no first cause. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Both!"

The end.

you forgot, that they think themselves to be the highest for of life in the universe, sons of monkeys.

Lie and lie.

http://friendsofdarwin.com...

How is that a lie? If there is no god in the context of atheism, then what higher life form is there then the atheist?

How could I possibly know what other life exists in this vast universe?

I didn't say I did, did I?

But the real lie is that you claim that this is what atheists think. How could you know what atheists think?

Athieits tell use all the time every chance they get on this site on TV in the western culture's public education and especially in their sacred places like public museums.

where have you been? your individual views though they maybe atheist-ish agree with all that's being taught in that resect, or you would be speaking against it just as you do with Christianity.

Who says their logic and reason is what to follow, like their brains are the source of truth and light.

Wow. Logic and reason are logic and reason. The source is irrelevant.

atheists swear by their logic and reason like it's their honor or god. so to the atheists The source is not irrelevant, because it's of themselves.

As far as sons of monkeys if man is of monkey then you are a child of monkey. Science insists that is true, every school book in western culture teaches it, where have you been?

I've been in a science classroom. Where have you been? Cite us a science textbook which states what you claim. I think you will find that we share a common ape ancestor, but we are not descended from a monkey. Monkeys and humans are cousins.

now your are just lying everyone in the known western culture knows that the missing link is still missing according to science and school books and ape or monkey is semantics to this subject. and by most and ape is a kind of monkey. beside what does your school books tell you apes are from?

But the Christian view is the original man was to be the son of God (last verse in Luke chapter 3), but we being born into the world are sons of man because Adam died from the life he had and was left with the life of dust to dust ashes to ashes. Hence the Christian view in Christ the Son of God who is to restore use to the life that was lost.

Who cares what ignorant, superstitious people dreamed up?

see you don't know anything other that what they want you to know. don't forget to cry at your mommy for another brand name product like your life depends on it. because you have been taught to believe there is nothing of value other than your own gratification in this get all you can get world.

Therefore, not of monkey but of man which was the son of God. Who was made separate from the rest of the creatures in the earth.

A fantasy completely at odds with the fossil record (and multiple other lines of evidence, such as DNA).

ok what fossil records, what DNA? that wouldn't happen to be in your school books would it?