Total Posts:157|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Who do you dislike most

johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,

I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 11:05:34 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

Christmas
Museums
Artists
Hide us.
I'm going to say I dislike the evil ect ect sect .
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 11:31:03 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

It's etc, not ect.

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 12:06:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 11:31:03 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

It's etc, not ect.

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

They're There Their, Calm down
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 3:32:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

I think the problem with the way you view atheism is that many theists are also atheists in the sense that they have a lack of belief in all gods other than the one they worship, atheism simply has a lack of belief in one more god than a theist.

Of course, John, all other religions view each other as fools because they believe in a false god, according to them. So, I think this whole concept of being a fool is kind of a wash in the sense that everyone thinks everyone else is a fool for what they believe or not believe. I'm sure you yourself have seen discussions here between folks who have the same faith, yet they too call each other fools, spawns of satan and other such names.

I think in all fairness, John, it would be appropriate not to consider atheism detestable considering all of the alternatives. Cheers.

The complexity of the universe can be investigated, and it is, by scientists who have discovered complexity is little more than the result of simple beginnings that became complex over long periods of time. And, whether or not those simple beginnings were the result of a god, we don't really know because the evidence does not suggest a god, but instead, points to the natural laws of nature.

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 4:32:52 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 3:32:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

I think the problem with the way you view atheism is that many theists are also atheists in the sense that they have a lack of belief in all gods other than the one they worship, atheism simply has a lack of belief in one more god than a theist.

Of course, John, all other religions view each other as fools because they believe in a false god, according to them. So, I think this whole concept of being a fool is kind of a wash in the sense that everyone thinks everyone else is a fool for what they believe or not believe. I'm sure you yourself have seen discussions here between folks who have the same faith, yet they too call each other fools, spawns of satan and other such names.

I think in all fairness, John, it would be appropriate not to consider atheism detestable considering all of the alternatives. Cheers.

The complexity of the universe can be investigated, and it is, by scientists who have discovered complexity is little more than the result of simple beginnings that became complex over long periods of time. And, whether or not those simple beginnings were the result of a god, we don't really know because the evidence does not suggest a god, but instead, points to the natural laws of nature.


What would have suggested otherwise, Russe?

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
bulproof
Posts: 25,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 6:47:22 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

People who use the abbreviation "ect".
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:12:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 3:32:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

I think the problem with the way you view atheism is that many theists are also atheists in the sense that they have a lack of belief in all gods other than the one they worship, atheism simply has a lack of belief in one more god than a theist.

Of course, John, all other religions view each other as fools because they believe in a false god, according to them. So, I think this whole concept of being a fool is kind of a wash in the sense that everyone thinks everyone else is a fool for what they believe or not believe. I'm sure you yourself have seen discussions here between folks who have the same faith, yet they too call each other fools, spawns of satan and other such names.

I think in all fairness, John, it would be appropriate not to consider atheism detestable considering all of the alternatives. Cheers.

No, I fully understand your point of view here, and I do sympathise, I see totally where you're coming from and I agree it can be annoying when those of different faiths accuse each other of worshiping the wrong God, it's an absurd and ridiculous accusation on behalf of the religious fundamentalist, but this doesn't make atheism right and I certainly don't share that view, instead I hold the view that many from all walks of faith hold once they go beyond the literal interpretations, and that is, there is only one God, So in my view, I'm not atheist about any God, I accept that what people are defining as God, is the supreme creator of the universe, and people approach to it, because of an inevitable attraction, is understood by their own level of perspective. So I don't agree when a religious person says that, their communication with God is unique, I believe everybody can approach God, by a pure untouched channel within the heart.
We can not pray a lie.

The complexity of the universe can be investigated, and it is, by scientists who have discovered complexity is little more than the result of simple beginnings that became complex over long periods of time. And, whether or not those simple beginnings were the result of a god, we don't really know because the evidence does not suggest a god, but instead, points to the natural laws of nature.

We can argue this toss until the cows come home, or we can save ourselves the bother and just agree to disagree, The universe is awesome beyond measure and plenty of intelligent minds believe In a creator God, therefore the possibility is very real, science has accomplished many things, and is a useful tool, but the more we discover the more information and detail is revealed into the secrets of the universe,

Bottom line, you can either choose to believe or don't, it's your choice, but for me personally I sense, like many others do, before me and after me, that a superior intelligence is behind the creation of the universe and has fixed all the laws within it.


Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?
janesix
Posts: 3,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "
janesix
Posts: 3,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:24:06 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

I was joking. I don't dislike anyone. If I had to choose a religion, It would probably be Hinduism.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:24:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

Quite a lot of Muslims dislike Hindus. In fact Muslims killed millions of Hindus during the partition of India and Pakistan.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:29:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:24:06 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

I was joking. I don't dislike anyone. If I had to choose a religion, It would probably be Hinduism.

Thanks, much as I defend other religions. I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition, a Hindu by birth.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:30:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:12:46 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/3/2016 3:32:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

I think the problem with the way you view atheism is that many theists are also atheists in the sense that they have a lack of belief in all gods other than the one they worship, atheism simply has a lack of belief in one more god than a theist.

Of course, John, all other religions view each other as fools because they believe in a false god, according to them. So, I think this whole concept of being a fool is kind of a wash in the sense that everyone thinks everyone else is a fool for what they believe or not believe. I'm sure you yourself have seen discussions here between folks who have the same faith, yet they too call each other fools, spawns of satan and other such names.

I think in all fairness, John, it would be appropriate not to consider atheism detestable considering all of the alternatives. Cheers.


No, I fully understand your point of view here, and I do sympathise, I see totally where you're coming from and I agree it can be annoying when those of different faiths accuse each other of worshiping the wrong God, it's an absurd and ridiculous accusation on behalf of the religious fundamentalist, but this doesn't make atheism right and I certainly don't share that view, instead I hold the view that many from all walks of faith hold once they go beyond the literal interpretations, and that is, there is only one God, So in my view, I'm not atheist about any God, I accept that what people are defining as God, is the supreme creator of the universe, and people approach to it, because of an inevitable attraction, is understood by their own level of perspective. So I don't agree when a religious person says that, their communication with God is unique, I believe everybody can approach God, by a pure untouched channel within the heart.
We can not pray a lie.

The complexity of the universe can be investigated, and it is, by scientists who have discovered complexity is little more than the result of simple beginnings that became complex over long periods of time. And, whether or not those simple beginnings were the result of a god, we don't really know because the evidence does not suggest a god, but instead, points to the natural laws of nature.

We can argue this toss until the cows come home, or we can save ourselves the bother and just agree to disagree, The universe is awesome beyond measure and plenty of intelligent minds believe In a creator God, therefore the possibility is very real, science has accomplished many things, and is a useful tool, but the more we discover the more information and detail is revealed into the secrets of the universe,

Bottom line, you can either choose to believe or don't, it's your choice, but for me personally I sense, like many others do, before me and after me, that a superior intelligence is behind the creation of the universe and has fixed all the laws within it.


I totally get where you're coming from John, and I would agree it's all about what folks want to believe. Personally, I too would want reality to be a certain way, but I understand that what I want for reality is never going to happen, that reality will be what it is regardless of what I want, so instead, I simply try to understand reality and how it works.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:40:24 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:24:28 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

Quite a lot of Muslims dislike Hindus. In fact Muslims killed millions of Hindus during the partition of India and Pakistan.

Hindus reincarnation levels are determined by their Karma and NOT by their method of death. Of course you wouldn't know all this because you are a low caste untouchable and often remain the same for several life cycles.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:45:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:40:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:24:28 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

Quite a lot of Muslims dislike Hindus. In fact Muslims killed millions of Hindus during the partition of India and Pakistan.

Hindus reincarnation levels are determined by their Karma and NOT by their method of death. Of course you wouldn't know all this because you are a low caste untouchable and often remain the same for several life cycles.

You are entitled to your fantasies, hari, but you cannot dispute the fact that millions of hindus were murdered by moslems during partition.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:53:55 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:45:38 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:40:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:24:28 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

Quite a lot of Muslims dislike Hindus. In fact Muslims killed millions of Hindus during the partition of India and Pakistan.

Hindus reincarnation levels are determined by their Karma and NOT by their method of death. Of course you wouldn't know all this because you are a low caste untouchable and often remain the same for several life cycles.

You are entitled to your fantasies, hari, but you cannot dispute the fact that millions of hindus were murdered by moslems during partition.

But that does not effect a Hindus reincarnation status. It is based on their Karma and not the method of their death.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:53:56 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any Just gone through my friends list and you have the highest
I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

To clarify,

My experience of the Hinduism branch of philosophy of Vashnavism and Bhakti yoga, is particularly interesting to me, other branches of philosophy such as those that say that they can reach a level of awareness that is on the same level as God, are not appealing to me, or those that claim that we will merge as one with God after death, making us equal to and no less than God, I don't agree with that line of thinking.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 8:58:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:53:55 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:45:38 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:40:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:24:28 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "

Quite a lot of Muslims dislike Hindus. In fact Muslims killed millions of Hindus during the partition of India and Pakistan.

Hindus reincarnation levels are determined by their Karma and NOT by their method of death. Of course you wouldn't know all this because you are a low caste untouchable and often remain the same for several life cycles.

You are entitled to your fantasies, hari, but you cannot dispute the fact that millions of hindus were murdered by moslems during partition.

But that does not effect a Hindus reincarnation status. It is based on their Karma and not the method of their death.

As the OP is not about belief in reincarnation, what has that to do with who dislikes whom?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2016 9:01:37 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 8:53:56 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any Just gone through my friends list and you have the highest
I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "


To clarify,

My experience of the Hinduism branch of philosophy of Vashnavism and Bhakti yoga, is particularly interesting to me, other branches of philosophy such as those that say that they can reach a level of awareness that is on the same level as God, are not appealing to me, or those that claim that we will merge as one with God after death, making us equal to and no less than God, I don't agree with that line of thinking.

You can only accept what your level of development permits you too. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 1:38:56 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 11:31:03 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

It's etc, not ect.

Anthother fundamentalist. Who are you to tell someone the correct way to spell? We all spell in our own way, and anyone who claims to have truth about the correct way to spell is intolerant of other spellers. We are all on a spelling journey together.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 1:52:38 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 1:38:56 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/3/2016 11:31:03 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

It's etc, not ect.

Anthother fundamentalist. Who are you to tell someone the correct way to spell? We all spell in our own way, and anyone who claims to have truth about the correct way to spell is intolerant of other spellers. We are all on a spelling journey together.

Haha
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 9:06:18 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 9:01:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:53:56 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any Just gone through my friends list and you have the highest
I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "


To clarify,

My experience of the Hinduism branch of philosophy of Vashnavism and Bhakti yoga, is particularly interesting to me, other branches of philosophy such as those that say that they can reach a level of awareness that is on the same level as God, are not appealing to me, or those that claim that we will merge as one with God after death, making us equal to and no less than God, I don't agree with that line of thinking.

You can only accept what your level of development permits you too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

You still do nothing to explain what a fear of death myth has to do with the murder of millions of Hindus during Indian partition. Or did the Muslims like the Hindus they were slaughtering?
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:00:04 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any why,


I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I hate those "Ect ect" ba$tards.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:19:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 9:06:18 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 9:01:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:53:56 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any Just gone through my friends list and you have the highest
I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "


To clarify,

My experience of the Hinduism branch of philosophy of Vashnavism and Bhakti yoga, is particularly interesting to me, other branches of philosophy such as those that say that they can reach a level of awareness that is on the same level as God, are not appealing to me, or those that claim that we will merge as one with God after death, making us equal to and no less than God, I don't agree with that line of thinking.

You can only accept what your level of development permits you too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

You still do nothing to explain what a fear of death myth has to do with the murder of millions of Hindus during Indian partition. Or did the Muslims like the Hindus they were slaughtering?

There was no fear of death. There are some 1 billion Hindus today. Reincarnation is how their numbers remain the same.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:23:36 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 11:19:46 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/4/2016 9:06:18 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 9:01:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:53:56 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any Just gone through my friends list and you have the highest
I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "


To clarify,

My experience of the Hinduism branch of philosophy of Vashnavism and Bhakti yoga, is particularly interesting to me, other branches of philosophy such as those that say that they can reach a level of awareness that is on the same level as God, are not appealing to me, or those that claim that we will merge as one with God after death, making us equal to and no less than God, I don't agree with that line of thinking.

You can only accept what your level of development permits you too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

You still do nothing to explain what a fear of death myth has to do with the murder of millions of Hindus during Indian partition. Or did the Muslims like the Hindus they were slaughtering?

There was no fear of death. There are some 1 billion Hindus today. Reincarnation is how their numbers remain the same.

So why were the Muslims murdering the Hindus if they didn't dislike them?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:42:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/4/2016 11:23:36 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/4/2016 11:19:46 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/4/2016 9:06:18 AM, desmac wrote:
At 4/3/2016 9:01:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:53:56 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:21:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/3/2016 8:16:29 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/3/2016 10:25:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Christians
Muslims
Atheist's
Hindus
Ect ect

Any Just gone through my friends list and you have the highest
I can't stand when Christians claim to have the only way to God, as if they have a direct link that others can't use simply because they accept a story they were fortunate or unfortunate to be indoctrinated into, which apply to a vast majority who are Christian,
O ther than that, I like some of it's teachings.

Islam, I don't know to much about Islam but it has never really appealed to me,

Atheism I find detestable, if you can't admit that there could be a superior force behind the manifestation of the universe, then I think you are a fool, especially when you try to piece all the pieces together with your feeble faculties and find you end up with more questions than you began with, due to the immense complexity of the universe, But yet out of arrogance they claim that it can't be God,

Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from,

I am not interested right now in arguing or defending my points, I just want to hear other peoples opinions on others faith or non faith. Who do you dislike most?

I dislike everyone equally.

You cannot possibly dislike Hindus. According to John: "Hindus, Hindus are cool, depending on which branch they take their philosophy from, "


To clarify,

My experience of the Hinduism branch of philosophy of Vashnavism and Bhakti yoga, is particularly interesting to me, other branches of philosophy such as those that say that they can reach a level of awareness that is on the same level as God, are not appealing to me, or those that claim that we will merge as one with God after death, making us equal to and no less than God, I don't agree with that line of thinking.

You can only accept what your level of development permits you too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

You still do nothing to explain what a fear of death myth has to do with the murder of millions of Hindus during Indian partition. Or did the Muslims like the Hindus they were slaughtering?

There was no fear of death. There are some 1 billion Hindus today. Reincarnation is how their numbers remain the same.

So why were the Muslims murdering the Hindus if they didn't dislike them?

The Moguks invaded India and ruled it for 200 years. They tried to convert Hindus to their religion but the Hindus resisted and many were killed. But reincarnation replenished the numbers. India has been invaded by many foreign countries because it is a peaceful people unprepared for war and violence. But because of Hinduism the people of India has survived these foreign invasions by preserving their cultural and spiritual identity.