Jump to topic:

The right to choose to die

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:58:01 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
It seems to me the majority opposition to the right to choose ones own death comes from a religious base.

Now you all know this gift of life, you know that gift that is so great that some people live with such suffering that they would rather be dead, the gift that some people get born into a world and circumstances they would of said f*ck no had they being given the choice, yeah that gift.

Now consider some one dying, who will suffer till the day they die, they decide, no thanks rather die now please. The religious with their "morality" come along, of course you can't die by your own hands, that would be suicide, a great sin, but if you could just go on living in pain and suffering till the day you die we are cool with that.

At which point the dying person pulls out a knife scream ALLAH ARKBAR, I am a terrorist I kill you all, death to america, at which point those deniers of death for those that choose are more than happy to see you given a very quick, pain free death by bullet via head.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 3:55:33 PM
At 4/4/2016 11:58:01 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
It seems to me the majority opposition to the right to choose ones own death comes from a religious base.

Now you all know this gift of life, you know that gift that is so great that some people live with such suffering that they would rather be dead, the gift that some people get born into a world and circumstances they would of said f*ck no had they being given the choice, yeah that gift.

Now consider some one dying, who will suffer till the day they die, they decide, no thanks rather die now please. The religious with their "morality" come along, of course you can't die by your own hands, that would be suicide, a great sin, but if you could just go on living in pain and suffering till the day you die we are cool with that.

At which point the dying person pulls out a knife scream ALLAH ARKBAR, I am a terrorist I kill you all, death to america, at which point those deniers of death for those that choose are more than happy to see you given a very quick, pain free death by bullet via head.

Meanwhile, when our pets suffer, we put them out of their misery to end their suffering and we call it "humane".
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:59:43 AM

I don't care if a person has the right to choose. It's their life.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 4:16:32 AM

The day is coming sooner than you think and your choice will be honored!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 6:27:59 AM
At 4/7/2016 4:16:32 AM, Begin wrote:

The day is coming sooner than you think and your choice will be honored!

Godbotherers have been saying that for a few thousand years. Maybe they have a different definition of soon.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 6:52:56 AM

I personally see nothing wrong with a secular society saying you can choose to up and die whenever you wish. Im not entirely convinced even that suicide will land you in hell. That being said though theists are generally against such a thing because everyone has a purpose and has the option to be used by God or not used by God. The great thing about it is that as a Christian anyway I encourage everyone to find their purpose because they have one and it would be a tragedy to see a suffering individual cur themselves and their capabilities short because they are stuck in a 1 dimensional mind frame. When God is done with you he will take you. I wouldnt particuarly want to be one explaining why I superseded Gods decision for my death to play out.
I will say the issue is complicated though, one can easily find a contradiction whenmost people think life support should be used in cases when theres probably no shot and a machine will need to be keeping you alive for years.