Jump to topic:

Persecution by Christians of non believers

Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 9:30:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
The history of Christianity from around 300 to 1800 AD is replete with scourges of persecution of almost any persons who disagreed with the conventional dogma of the Church. It included 7 major Crusades between 1096 and 1291 AD with many additional minor ones, bringing a reign of terror and death to followers of Islam, Jews, and other religious faiths.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

But the Crusades were just the formal acts of "declared war." There were many other barbaric atrocities perpetrated under the auspices of Christianity. The following is taken from:

http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

In its heyday the Christian Churches practiced routine persecution. They tortured, mutilated, branded, dismembered and killed as a matter of course. They condemned to death any who questioned their dogmas. They burned Jews, heretics, apostates and pagans in large numbers. They imagined enemies everywhere and had them exterminated. Among their countless victims were women whose chief crimes seem to have been living alone, looking old, keeping pets, and knowing something about herbs and midwifery. Christians even persecuted their fellow believers. It is sobering to reflect that over almost 2000 years Christians have never been persecuted by any of their supposed enemies as viciously as they have been persecuted by fellow Christians.

The question for a believer is this: Why would a faith originated by a supreme god, the maker of the universe, cause so much death, suffering, and misery for so many people? Why would it cause so many people to act in such inhumane ways? It simply does not make sense, even if you give license to man"s inherent sinful ways. The religion of an infinite god should have had the opposite effect- causing a reign of love, peace, acceptance, tolerance, and benevolence- in short, a turn of history AWAY from the violence and barbarism that preceded it. The fact that this didn"t happen is good evidence that Christianity is simply a man-made religion.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 10:23:37 PM
At 4/4/2016 9:30:53 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
The history of Christianity from around 300 to 1800 AD is replete with scourges of persecution of almost any persons who disagreed with the conventional dogma of the Church. It included 7 major Crusades between 1096 and 1291 AD with many additional minor ones, bringing a reign of terror and death to followers of Islam, Jews, and other religious faiths.

But the Crusades were just the formal acts of "declared war." There were many other barbaric atrocities perpetrated under the auspices of Christianity. The following is taken from:

In its heyday the Christian Churches practiced routine persecution. They tortured, mutilated, branded, dismembered and killed as a matter of course. They condemned to death any who questioned their dogmas. They burned Jews, heretics, apostates and pagans in large numbers. They imagined enemies everywhere and had them exterminated. Among their countless victims were women whose chief crimes seem to have been living alone, looking old, keeping pets, and knowing something about herbs and midwifery. Christians even persecuted their fellow believers. It is sobering to reflect that over almost 2000 years Christians have never been persecuted by any of their supposed enemies as viciously as they have been persecuted by fellow Christians.

The question for a believer is this: Why would a faith originated by a supreme god, the maker of the universe, cause so much death, suffering, and misery for so many people? Why would it cause so many people to act in such inhumane ways? It simply does not make sense, even if you give license to man"s inherent sinful ways. The religion of an infinite god should have had the opposite effect- causing a reign of love, peace, acceptance, tolerance, and benevolence- in short, a turn of history AWAY from the violence and barbarism that preceded it. The fact that this didn"t happen is good evidence that Christianity is simply a man-made religion.

The faith didn't, nor did the God unless he was forced it it, as has often happened in the past and will happen again soon.

What Jehovah wants more than all else is for humans to live together in peace and cooperate in caring for his creation.

Before long those who refuse to do so will have to be destroyed for the sake of his creation and the peace which will not be allowed to be disturbed.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 10:34:23 PM
At 4/4/2016 10:23:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The faith didn't, nor did the God unless he was forced it it, as has often happened in the past and will happen again soon.

What Jehovah wants more than all else is for humans to live together in peace and cooperate in caring for his creation.

Before long those who refuse to do so will have to be destroyed for the sake of his creation and the peace which will not be allowed to be disturbed.

If Jehovah existed and didn't like wars and violence he would have intervened to stop it. It's quite clear that if he is real he has been responsible for murdering many innocent people and unborn babies. He has also commanded people to kill sinners/ non believers at points in time. 1914 has passed and we are still here.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:09:00 PM
At 4/4/2016 10:34:23 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

If Jehovah existed and didn't like wars and violence he would have intervened to stop it. It's quite clear that if he is real he has been responsible for murdering many innocent people and unborn babies. He has also commanded people to kill sinners/ non believers at points in time. 1914 has passed and we are still here.

It is not his time to intervene yet.

There is an issue of Justice to take care of first.

However he has been known to intervene to protect his people, but because of the justice issue now under test he is limited to how much he can interfere until the set time has passed.

Mind you we are almost there.

Again you see only what you wish to see and never mind what is actually going on.

Jehovah has gone to the trouble to record all this evidence for you and you can't be bothered to read it properly or to question it as evidence should be studied since lives are at stake, of which yours is one as it happens.

If you ever bother to find out what the Bible is all about, from Genesis to Revelation, and it is all one story in reality, you would think differently, but I doubt you will ever bother because it s too much like hard work.

I understand exactly what the Bible is telling us, in considerable detail, thanks to the God I serve, his son, and the guidance I get through holy spirit.

So far you have demonstrated neither the slightest understanding of it, nor the desire to understand it. Just the desire to carp and complain when you don;'t even know what you are really complaining about.

Still you are in good company, and you make Satan glow with pride.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 11:57:24 PM
At 4/4/2016 11:09:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If you got the last 10 Armageddon predictions wrong how is the most recent one credible?

That's absurd. If a god existed it would destroy Satan instantly. The current situation is very unjust.

However he has been known to intervene to protect his people, but because of the justice issue now under test he is limited to how much he can interfere until the set time has passed.

No sign of him for 1, 900 years.

Strange how there is no evidence supporting such a claim.

Again you see only what you wish to see and never mind what is actually going on.

I would say your statement describes yourself not me. I see reality.

Jehovah has gone to the trouble to record all this evidence for you and you can't be bothered to read it properly or to question it as evidence should be studied since lives are at stake, of which yours is one as it happens.

I've read more biblical passages than 90% of Christians. How many other atheists here quote from the bible?

If you ever bother to find out what the Bible is all about, from Genesis to Revelation, and it is all one story in reality, you would think differently, but I doubt you will ever bother because it s too much like hard work.

I know exactly what it's all about.

I understand exactly what the Bible is telling us, in considerable detail, thanks to the God I serve, his son, and the guidance I get through holy spirit.

You look over the nasty bits and ignore things that prove Christianity is false.

So far you have demonstrated neither the slightest understanding of it, nor the desire to understand it. Just the desire to carp and complain when you don;'t even know what you are really complaining about.

I'm very interested in religion actually, I enjoy learning and reading about it. I understand Christianity well although I admit I know little about non Abrahamic faiths. It amazes me so many people actually believe in Christianity.

Satan is a myth. He does not exist.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 9:42:59 AM
At 4/4/2016 11:57:24 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 4/4/2016 11:09:00 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

If you got the last 10 Armageddon predictions wrong how is the most recent one credible?

That's absurd. If a god existed it would destroy Satan instantly. The current situation is very unjust.

No sign of him for 1, 900 years.

Strange how there is no evidence supporting such a claim.

I would say your statement describes yourself not me. I see reality.

I've read more biblical passages than 90% of Christians. How many other atheists here quote from the bible?

I know exactly what it's all about.

You look over the nasty bits and ignore things that prove Christianity is false.

I'm very interested in religion actually, I enjoy learning and reading about it. I understand Christianity well although I admit I know little about non Abrahamic faiths. It amazes me so many people actually believe in Christianity.

Satan is a myth. He does not exist.

That's what he wants you to think, and you've fallen for it.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:59:40 PM
Christianity has done a lot of persecuting over the centuries. The extremists of that religion have a lot to answer for, especially those who espouse the, 'you must be saved, or else', evil dogma.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 7:59:46 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:59:40 PM, tarantula wrote:
Christianity has done a lot of persecuting over the centuries. The extremists of that religion have a lot to answer for, especially those who espouse the, 'you must be saved, or else', evil dogma.

False Christianity has. True Christians would not be involved in such a thing.