Jump to topic:

More religious BS

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:49:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Prayer doesn't work, no one can show that prayer to their God gets better results than prayer to another guys God and that guy can't prove praying to their God gets any better results that praying to an apple.

Look, I'am setting the bar pretty low here, if your gonna claim how your God is a prayer answering God then it has to have a better effective rate than praying to an apple. (Who the f*ck is going to disagree with that ? Go on, I dare anyone to disagree with me on that point.

Here is one typical christian....no, typical theistic response.

https://carm.org...

The reason I say typical is because it's typical double standard bullsh*t + attacking those who start to demand such standards.

The double standard because if praying to their God, and ONLY THEIR GOD, was shown to get better results than all the rest would they use that as evidence for their God ? your damm f*cking right they would.

But if the evidence goes the other way, no, it can't be that maybe, just maybe their initial premise is wrong, it's because God works in a certain way, a way which just so happens to correspond to what we would exactly expect if praying to their God was ineffective.

But you see the problem isn't them, or their premises, or lack of evidence (evidence that goes beyond confirmation bias), it's those f*cking atheists, those f*cking non believing prideful atheists, well God will teach them a lesson !!!

But it's okey cause as we are assured by this religious person..."But still, does prayer work? Yes, it does. I've experienced profound answers many times."

There you go, f*ck reason, f*cking evidence, f*ck intellectual honesty, just use what ever excuse you have to do to make it work and justify it on anecdotes.

If your a religious believer I can only hope that you hold others and yourself to a higher standard than this.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:57:42 PM
At 4/5/2016 12:49:49 PM, illegalcombat wrote:
Prayer doesn't work, no one can show that prayer to their God gets better results than prayer to another guys God and that guy can't prove praying to their God gets any better results that praying to an apple.

Look, I'am setting the bar pretty low here, if your gonna claim how your God is a prayer answering God then it has to have a better effective rate than praying to an apple. (Who the f*ck is going to disagree with that ? Go on, I dare anyone to disagree with me on that point.

The reason I say typical is because it's typical double standard bullsh*t + attacking those who start to demand such standards.

The double standard because if praying to their God, and ONLY THEIR GOD, was shown to get better results than all the rest would they use that as evidence for their God ? your damm f*cking right they would.

But if the evidence goes the other way, no, it can't be that maybe, just maybe their initial premise is wrong, it's because God works in a certain way, a way which just so happens to correspond to what we would exactly expect if praying to their God was ineffective.

But you see the problem isn't them, or their premises, or lack of evidence (evidence that goes beyond confirmation bias), it's those f*cking atheists, those f*cking non believing prideful atheists, well God will teach them a lesson !!!

But it's okey cause as we are assured by this religious person..."But still, does prayer work? Yes, it does. I've experienced profound answers many times."

There you go, f*ck reason, f*cking evidence, f*ck intellectual honesty, just use what ever excuse you have to do to make it work and justify it on anecdotes.

If your a religious believer I can only hope that you hold others and yourself to a higher standard than this.

Wanna go punk?

(debate)
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:58:36 PM
At 4/5/2016 12:57:42 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

You disagree with something I said ?
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 12:59:37 PM
At 4/5/2016 12:58:36 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:00:20 PM
At 4/5/2016 12:59:37 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:01:56 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:00:20 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:02:38 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:01:56 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Name one point and explain why you disagree with it.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:04:41 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:02:38 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.
(which of course are backed up)
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:11:00 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:04:41 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

You wanna go into more detail on that....
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:13:17 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:11:00 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:14:22 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:13:17 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

I am already in a debate, I don't want to add another one at this time.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:16:54 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:14:22 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

I am so unchicken i am unafraid of death.
(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

You don't know me, you fear a loss.

You aren't certain you will win.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:18:11 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:16:54 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Of course not, the only thing certain is death.

But I can't handle two debates at a time at the moment.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:20:12 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:18:11 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

And taxes, and that i exists.

You could say the same thing, that you exist.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:33:24 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:20:12 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

So you believe prayer does work, but there is no way we humans would ever be able to measure its efficacy?
And are you sure taxes exist even in the most remote tribal groups in the world?
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:36:12 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:33:24 PM, Canuck wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

So you believe prayer does work, but there is no way we humans would ever be able to measure its efficacy?
And are you sure taxes exist even in the most remote tribal groups in the world?

Did i ever say that?

Actually i could prove it.

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .
random_noob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:42:38 PM

Prayer does work, it makes you feel better. That's the point of prayer. Confession is a similar concept.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:55:16 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:36:12 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Did i ever say that?

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .

No, you didn't say it, which is why I asked the question. You obviously believe prayer does work, but the largest study on the efficacy of prayer ever done showed it doesn't. Perhaps you think the study was fundamentally flawed. So I'm curious how you do prove it in a way that cannot be explained in any other way.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 1:57:01 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:55:16 PM, Canuck wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Did i ever say that?

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .

No, you didn't say it, which is why I asked the question. You obviously believe prayer does work, but the largest study on the efficacy of prayer ever done showed it doesn't. Perhaps you think the study was fundamentally flawed. So I'm curious how you do prove it in a way that cannot be explained in any other way.

They did a study?

What study?

Link please.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:01:22 PM
That's because you don't believe in it, poor thing.
That's like saying you aren't afraid of fire breathing dragons.
It's a joke.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:04:28 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:57:01 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Did i ever say that?

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .

They did a study?

What study?

Link please.

It was done by the Templeton Foundation.

http://www.templeton.org...
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:05:21 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:01:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
It's a joke.

I do believe in it.

Obviously people seem to stop functioning one way or another.

Everyone.

That was sorta a trolly response too.

XD
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:14:23 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:04:28 PM, Canuck wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Did i ever say that?

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .

They did a study?

What study?

Link please.

If god fixed everything then
we wouldn't have free will.

The christian god doesn't work like that.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:15:29 PM
At 4/5/2016 1:42:38 PM, random_noob wrote:

Prayer does work, it makes you feel better. That's the point of prayer. Confession is a similar concept.

But that is very different from stating god is actually listening to your prayers or ever answers them. Eating a tub of ice cream or your favorite comfort food can also make you feel better and it requires no divine intervention. And I don't mean to be argumentative, just stating that just because something makes you feel good doesn't mean it's true. I have no doubt prayer provides a comfort for many people.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:22:25 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:14:23 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Did i ever say that?

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .

They did a study?

What study?

Link please.

But the original post was about whether or not god answers people's prayers. I'm not aware of any evidence that shows he does. And I'm not sure how answering prayers to heal the sick takes away our free will.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:23:53 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:05:21 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
It's a joke.

I do believe in it.
No you don't. You believe that you are not dead when you die, you don't believe in death so can claim you are unafraid.
It's a joke.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:56:20 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:23:53 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/5/2016 2:05:21 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
It's a joke.

I do believe in it.
No you don't. You believe that you are not dead when you die, you don't believe in death so can claim you are unafraid.
It's a joke.

I die here but i still exist.

I will learn to be a soul.
random_noob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 2:56:52 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:15:29 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 4/5/2016 1:42:38 PM, random_noob wrote:

But that is very different from stating god is actually listening to your prayers or ever answers them. Eating a tub of ice cream or your favorite comfort food can also make you feel better and it requires no divine intervention. And I don't mean to be argumentative, just stating that just because something makes you feel good doesn't mean it's true. I have no doubt prayer provides a comfort for many people.

Ice cream obvsiously satisfies a different need. You can't substitute prayer with ice cream. If prayer provides comfort and is part of a culture, how is it BS? It satisfies a need and it's part of a long tradition. If you don't want to follow traditions and norms, don't go to church. Some people like to be traditional. What is wrong with that?

If people want to take everything literally, go ahead.

Go tell someone that is in mourning, that he 's being illogical, since dead people don't come back.

Go to an event when people keep a moment of silence and play drums.

Go on and yell like a weirdo during the national anthem. After all, it has literally no effect. It 's just a tradition.

Of course I am exaggerating, but you could as well argue that any tradition makes no sense and it's false. People will get defensive when you attack their culture. It's normal.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 3:00:24 PM
At 4/5/2016 2:22:25 PM, Canuck wrote:
At 4/5/2016 2:14:23 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:

Wanna go punk?

(debate)

XD

All of it.

I don't think you do.

I do though.

Prayer doesn't work.

My belieifs.

So you wanna go?

You. Me. God debate.

Now.

(christian god)

So you're chicken?

(because i am christian)

No, i understand.

Did i ever say that?

And wat about taxes?

That is completely .

They did a study?

What study?

Link please.

But the original post was about whether or not god answers people's prayers. I'm not aware of any evidence that shows he does. And I'm not sure how answering prayers to heal the sick takes away our free will.

We will be forced to believe
in him because of evidence.

It would make him imperfect
to not give us free will.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2016 3:19:25 PM

Illegal Combat Theory. There never was, or is not currently a God that we can rely on. If any bad things happen to you, its because well.... https://www.youtube.com...

Sinner theory. YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

Ultimate plan theory. God has a plan, just keep the faith. Prayer is for praise, strength and communication. Nothing on Earth is for you to decide. If God allows free will, do the best you can, and accept when the Lord influences in ways you don't yet understand.
http://www.onestumin.net...

Matrix theory. You, as you know it, are not alive. Nothing is real, and your entire life is a test to see if you are one of millions loyal enough to join some unknown plan. Your entire world surrounds only you. Your prayers do work. Other prayers or claims of other anything are entirely what you want to believe because they're fictional prayers from fictional characters.
http://images.amcnetworks.com...

Tough love theory. God, is playing you to help you grow through human suffering You are alive, and on your own. You may or may not be reincarnated repeatedly until you've made the grade. This could be pergatory, but pergatory is too limiting for the scope I could make up. God is loving, and damnation is a huge bluff, among other things.
http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com...

Lack of love theory. God is playing you. Anything could happen if he doesn't love us.
http://38.media.tumblr.com...

Fate Theory. Your body is a vessel in a universe that can be studied through rational thought processes and verified by science. Everything is fate, and your reaction to your fate determines the quality of your soul. Your entire life is a prerequisite for true free will. It matters not what is said, learned, done or told, only that your guilt lies where it should, and that you know what is good.
https://cdn.meme.am...

Egg theory. Similar to fate theory, but free will is allowed. You are everyone on earth. One soul, learning how to be the next god. There are multiple universes. Ours is just a special one set aside for incubation of your soul, which is constantly gaining experience, from millions of lives.
http://www.galactanet.com...

Bubba Gump religion theory. God created multiple people, and although we think of "him" as one being this is only as close as we can come to understanding. God is at the heart of most religions, cuz dey's all kinds of raligions, Christianity, Buddahism, Islam, Hindu.....And they all taste good to the right person. Momma always said life was like a box of chocolates. You just never know what your gonna get.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.