Total Posts:91|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Dealing with Addictions

vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:05:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well go on we all have dealt with addictions hence we can all add something to this topic.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:15:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Everything in moderation. If you cannot control your use of drugs, DON'T DO DRUGS! If you are one of the lucky ones, like me, then you can dabble here and there in recreational drugs. The key is not to use drugs as a crutch for everyday life. We all must handle our life situations, and drugs do not help with that(recreational ones, anyway).
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:18:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 12:15:02 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Everything in moderation. If you cannot control your use of drugs, DON'T DO DRUGS! If you are one of the lucky ones, like me, then you can dabble here and there in recreational drugs. The key is not to use drugs as a crutch for everyday life. We all must handle our life situations, and drugs do not help with that(recreational ones, anyway).

i try and change my crutch every now and again.. even out the damage.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:20:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 12:18:33 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/20/2010 12:15:02 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
Everything in moderation. If you cannot control your use of drugs, DON'T DO DRUGS! If you are one of the lucky ones, like me, then you can dabble here and there in recreational drugs. The key is not to use drugs as a crutch for everyday life. We all must handle our life situations, and drugs do not help with that(recreational ones, anyway).

i try to change my crutch every now and again.. even out the damage.

fairly bate..
signature
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:20:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Let's say that I may do something almost on a daily basis (not drug-related, though) that I really need to refrain from doing unless I want to be made fun of in my sexual life in the future.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:26:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 12:20:16 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Let's say that I may do something almost on a daily basis (not drug-related, though) that I really need to refrain from doing unless I want to be made fun of in my sexual life in the future.

chop off your hands.
signature
the-good-teacher
Posts: 444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 12:42:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I had 2 major addictions, nothing but nothing could get them under control, but one morning they were gone, both of them, not only were they gone but I never wanted them back, not even for a second. not one craving for a cig, not one urge for a punt, Amazing !!

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge "TEMPERANCE"; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 1:12:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It is a unique and humbling experience that only another who is the same condition can truly understand. Interesting that you put it in religion and not society. As it turns out my only solution was found in a spiritual answer. Not quite as thegoodteacher puts it, but something less 'biblical'.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 2:07:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 12:05:52 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Well go on we all have dealt with addictions hence we can all add something to this topic.

My change came when I no longer ran from my problems and began facing them head on. It hurt like hell but I than God that they are now under control. Confession has helped me greatly. When I say them out loud I no longer can push them to the back of my mind. When I begin to recall them before confession I am forced to recognize and acknowledge them. This has helped on so many levels. From family to work. Addiction is a hard thing, get rid of what causes you to lean on the addiction they become smaller, and in a huge dose of Faith make those mountains begin to look more like dirt clods and are much easier to move.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 2:44:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 12:05:52 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Well go on we all have dealt with addictions hence we can all add something to this topic.

What does this have to do with religion?

Are you asking people for their religious solutions to addiction?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 3:55:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

I thought it was funny that this topic appeared in the religion section, too, until I considered the possibility that Verdas is comparing a locus for addiction to a sort of god. Aside base definitions and unprovable contexts, he is largely right.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 3:57:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 3:55:57 PM, Ren wrote:
I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

I thought it was funny that this topic appeared in the religion section, too, until I considered the possibility that Verdas is comparing a locus for addiction to a sort of god. Aside base definitions and unprovable contexts, he is largely right.

Hahahahaa, I wrote religion.

I believe that your capacity for addiction is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

I'll add that this applies to both physiological and psychological addiction, but in different ways.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

Addiction =/= Religion

I think most would agree with that.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.

That depends on the addiction, right?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:01:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

Addiction =/= Religion

I think most would agree with that.

Yes. I know. I would think that the OP knows that, too. But, I was being creative. Heroin becomes some people's god, complete with faith, tribute, allegiance, and ritual. Indeed, the OP could just be lost.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.

That depends on the addiction, right?

Not in my opinion, no.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:06:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:01:00 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

Addiction =/= Religion

I think most would agree with that.

Yes. I know. I would think that the OP knows that, too. But, I was being creative. Heroin becomes some people's god, complete with faith, tribute, allegiance, and ritual. Indeed, the OP could just be lost.

Based upon previous interactions with her, I think she's lost.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.

That depends on the addiction, right?

Not in my opinion, no.

What if someone is addicted to DDO? Was their action of joining the site an illoigcal decision?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:20:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:06:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:01:00 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

Addiction =/= Religion

I think most would agree with that.

Yes. I know. I would think that the OP knows that, too. But, I was being creative. Heroin becomes some people's god, complete with faith, tribute, allegiance, and ritual. Indeed, the OP could just be lost.

Based upon previous interactions with her, I think she's lost.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.

That depends on the addiction, right?

Not in my opinion, no.

What if someone is addicted to DDO? Was their action of joining the site an illoigcal decision?

Would you consider joining DDO a logical decision?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:20:31 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:06:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:01:00 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

Addiction =/= Religion

I think most would agree with that.

Yes. I know. I would think that the OP knows that, too. But, I was being creative. Heroin becomes some people's god, complete with faith, tribute, allegiance, and ritual. Indeed, the OP could just be lost.

Based upon previous interactions with her, I think she's lost.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.

That depends on the addiction, right?

Not in my opinion, no.

What if someone is addicted to DDO? Was their action of joining the site an illoigcal decision?

Would you consider joining DDO a logical decision?

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:38:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?

Oh no, I wouldn't consider it an illogical decision. Did you actually think about joining or did you see it and just join. Was there an actual thought process before you clicked "join"?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:41:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:38:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?

Oh no, I wouldn't consider it an illogical decision. Did you actually think about joining or did you see it and just join. Was there an actual thought process before you clicked "join"?

Actually, yes. I was looking around the internet anyways for some entertainment when I saw DDO. I looked through the debates and thought I might join. But, at the time, I was still in the middle of my debate tournament so I decided to put it off until I could actually participate. Once I had finished school, I thought it would be the perfect time to join and have an outlet to debate during vacation time. Little did I know that I'd become active in the forums...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:44:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Back on topic: I smoke and I drink - I often wish I didn't, or at least didn't so much. I can't believe I've become a slave to my addictions, but I have.

It's bad news because I can't visit Saudi Arabia because alcohol is banned there and I can't visit Bhutan because smoking is banned there.

Well, it's not all that bad news and, on the plus side, drinking pints and smoking ciggies makes me look cool and hard in front of the girls. :)
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:45:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:41:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:38:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?

Oh no, I wouldn't consider it an illogical decision. Did you actually think about joining or did you see it and just join. Was there an actual thought process before you clicked "join"?

Actually, yes. I was looking around the internet anyways for some entertainment when I saw DDO. I looked through the debates and thought I might join. But, at the time, I was still in the middle of my debate tournament so I decided to put it off until I could actually participate. Once I had finished school, I thought it would be the perfect time to join and have an outlet to debate during vacation time. Little did I know that I'd become active in the forums...

You made decisions based on outside life requirements. I was talking about a decision to join this site or not. You say the site and thought "cool" a outlet for debate during summer. But did you weigh this site between others or if it was even worth joining?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:49:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:45:51 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:41:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:38:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?

Oh no, I wouldn't consider it an illogical decision. Did you actually think about joining or did you see it and just join. Was there an actual thought process before you clicked "join"?

Actually, yes. I was looking around the internet anyways for some entertainment when I saw DDO. I looked through the debates and thought I might join. But, at the time, I was still in the middle of my debate tournament so I decided to put it off until I could actually participate. Once I had finished school, I thought it would be the perfect time to join and have an outlet to debate during vacation time. Little did I know that I'd become active in the forums...

You made decisions based on outside life requirements. I was talking about a decision to join this site or not. You say the site and thought "cool" a outlet for debate during summer. But did you weigh this site between others or if it was even worth joining?

No, you asked if there was a "thought process" beforehand and I answered that. However, yes I did look at other sites which also had debates. But, in the end, I thought DDO would be the most compatabile for it's diversity in beliefs and opinions. And, I noticed that the Religion forum was really active which is one of my favorite things to discuss so I decided, I should join.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:50:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:06:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:01:00 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:
I just know some atheist is going to have something to say about that. Sigh.

Yep, and here I am.

So, you stated:

I believe that your capacity for religion is directly proportional to how much logic and pragmatism you apply to each individual decision.

So, if you are religious, you have a significantly larger chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

And, in turn, if you are atheist - you have a significantly lower chance of applying logic to individual decisions?

It was a mistype, because I was considering how the OP may have equated addiction to religion.

Addiction =/= Religion

I think most would agree with that.

Yes. I know. I would think that the OP knows that, too. But, I was being creative. Heroin becomes some people's god, complete with faith, tribute, allegiance, and ritual. Indeed, the OP could just be lost.

Based upon previous interactions with her, I think she's lost.

I was suggesting that, if you have an addiction or an addictive personality, it has it's origin in an illogical decision or collection of decisions at some point that became an illogical habit.

That depends on the addiction, right?

Not in my opinion, no.

What if someone is addicted to DDO? Was their action of joining the site an illoigcal decision?

Not necessarily. But, joining DDO does not necessarily automatically spur addiction.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:52:55 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So, in other words, the question is whether you can find logic in coming to this website frequently enough that it becomes a compulsion.

Or, the logic behind the compulsion itself.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:54:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:50:04 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:06:19 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:01:00 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:53:32 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:49:58 PM, Ren wrote:
At 11/20/2010 4:22:22 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 3:57:54 PM, Ren wrote:


What if someone is addicted to DDO? Was their action of joining the site an illoigcal decision?

Not necessarily. But, joining DDO does not necessarily automatically spur addiction.

I never said it did. But in a hypothetical situation where someone had become addicted to DDO, would there compulsion to join the site in the very beginning be illogical then?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:54:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:49:58 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:45:51 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:41:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:38:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?

Oh no, I wouldn't consider it an illogical decision. Did you actually think about joining or did you see it and just join. Was there an actual thought process before you clicked "join"?

Actually, yes. I was looking around the internet anyways for some entertainment when I saw DDO. I looked through the debates and thought I might join. But, at the time, I was still in the middle of my debate tournament so I decided to put it off until I could actually participate. Once I had finished school, I thought it would be the perfect time to join and have an outlet to debate during vacation time. Little did I know that I'd become active in the forums...

You made decisions based on outside life requirements. I was talking about a decision to join this site or not. You say the site and thought "cool" a outlet for debate during summer. But did you weigh this site between others or if it was even worth joining?

No, you asked if there was a "thought process" beforehand and I answered that. However, yes I did look at other sites which also had debates. But, in the end, I thought DDO would be the most compatabile for it's diversity in beliefs and opinions. And, I noticed that the Religion forum was really active which is one of my favorite things to discuss so I decided, I should join.

Hmm, I saw it and thought "cool" I will join. And that was about it.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 5:55:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/20/2010 5:54:44 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:49:58 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:45:51 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:41:28 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:38:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/20/2010 5:30:07 PM, annhasle wrote:

Yes. If you enjoy debating and want to find some place where you can do so with countless other people with a variety of opinions, then DDO is a good place for you. How would joining DDO be an illogical decision?

Oh no, I wouldn't consider it an illogical decision. Did you actually think about joining or did you see it and just join. Was there an actual thought process before you clicked "join"?

Actually, yes. I was looking around the internet anyways for some entertainment when I saw DDO. I looked through the debates and thought I might join. But, at the time, I was still in the middle of my debate tournament so I decided to put it off until I could actually participate. Once I had finished school, I thought it would be the perfect time to join and have an outlet to debate during vacation time. Little did I know that I'd become active in the forums...

You made decisions based on outside life requirements. I was talking about a decision to join this site or not. You say the site and thought "cool" a outlet for debate during summer. But did you weigh this site between others or if it was even worth joining?

No, you asked if there was a "thought process" beforehand and I answered that. However, yes I did look at other sites which also had debates. But, in the end, I thought DDO would be the most compatabile for it's diversity in beliefs and opinions. And, I noticed that the Religion forum was really active which is one of my favorite things to discuss so I decided, I should join.

Hmm, I saw it and thought "cool" I will join. And that was about it.

Then we have found yet another way that you and I are different. ;)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.