Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

"Religion" is a useless word.

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:06:39 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

You should listen to more Sam Harris.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:10:51 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:06:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

You should listen to more Sam Harris.

I watched an hour + debate between he and William Lane Craig where Harris went into an emotional tirade and lost the debate in frustration.

But on this one, he is actually right.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:17:31 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:10:51 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:06:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

You should listen to more Sam Harris.

I watched an hour + debate between he and William Lane Craig where Harris went into an emotional tirade and lost the debate in frustration.

Yeah I saw that debate too, where Craigs Divine Command Theory is psychopathic, not because Craig is, but because the moral frame work isn't concerned about well being, it's just a question of, did God command it ?.

Islamic terrorists are divine command theorists too, they don't particularly give a sh*t what the consequence are to well being, just like Craig, they only differ on what the details of what exactly God has or has not commanded.


But on this one, he is actually right.

Would you agree with him on this ? that their is insufficient evidence for Jesus miracles, or anyone else for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:23:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
William Lane Craig

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:29:31 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:17:31 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:10:51 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:06:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

You should listen to more Sam Harris.

I watched an hour + debate between he and William Lane Craig where Harris went into an emotional tirade and lost the debate in frustration.

Yeah I saw that debate too, where Craigs Divine Command Theory is psychopathic, not because Craig is, but because the moral frame work isn't concerned about well being, it's just a question of, did God command it ?.

Islamic terrorists are divine command theorists too, they don't particularly give a sh*t what the consequence are to well being, just like Craig, they only differ on what the details of what exactly God has or has not commanded.


But on this one, he is actually right.

Would you agree with him on this ? that their is insufficient evidence for Jesus miracles, or anyone else for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com...

Not really, but I've seen remarkably specific prophecy teams come true when mathematically improbable. I also understand what reality actually is constructually. Atheism is literally impossible from multiple fronts. If the world is divinely guided then we need look to not the natural but the supernatural. Out oftheistic beliefs over 90% are of Abrahamic faiths. The real battle is between only 2 faiths which compose over 90%+ of theistic belief onEarth. Then one looks to the crrelation between those 2 beliefs and sees only Christ. This isn't chess. It's checkers.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:32:44 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:23:08 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
William Lane Craig

http://youtu.be...

Do you really want to go down the path where we throw well being out the window when it comes to morality ?

https://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:32:52 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
We use the study of the natural,"science" and see where it points.

http://youtu.be...

Then we look to religion to explain the "supernatural".
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:35:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:29:31 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:17:31 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:10:51 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:06:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

You should listen to more Sam Harris.

I watched an hour + debate between he and William Lane Craig where Harris went into an emotional tirade and lost the debate in frustration.

Yeah I saw that debate too, where Craigs Divine Command Theory is psychopathic, not because Craig is, but because the moral frame work isn't concerned about well being, it's just a question of, did God command it ?.

Islamic terrorists are divine command theorists too, they don't particularly give a sh*t what the consequence are to well being, just like Craig, they only differ on what the details of what exactly God has or has not commanded.


But on this one, he is actually right.

Would you agree with him on this ? that their is insufficient evidence for Jesus miracles, or anyone else for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com...

Not really, but I've seen remarkably specific prophecy teams come true when mathematically improbable. I also understand what reality actually is constructually. Atheism is literally impossible from multiple fronts. If the world is divinely guided then we need look to not the natural but the supernatural. Out oftheistic beliefs over 90% are of Abrahamic faiths. The real battle is between only 2 faiths which compose over 90%+ of theistic belief onEarth. Then one looks to the crrelation between those 2 beliefs and sees only Christ. This isn't chess. It's checkers.

False duality.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:36:34 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:32:44 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:23:08 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
William Lane Craig

http://youtu.be...

Do you really want to go down the path where we throw well being out the window when it comes to morality ?

https://youtu.be...

You are basing morality on the human sense of one lensed morality. If you were omniscient and omnipresent you know ALL final outcomes. So you could let someone not suffer or let them live knowing that taking away their suffering leads to a negative consequence in the final outcome or they go on to be Hitler, etc. One cannot judge the motive of God when He has proven His mercy and love for us at the cross and we are unable to know the future.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:40:00 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:35:28 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:29:31 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:17:31 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:10:51 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:06:39 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

You should listen to more Sam Harris.

I watched an hour + debate between he and William Lane Craig where Harris went into an emotional tirade and lost the debate in frustration.

Yeah I saw that debate too, where Craigs Divine Command Theory is psychopathic, not because Craig is, but because the moral frame work isn't concerned about well being, it's just a question of, did God command it ?.

Islamic terrorists are divine command theorists too, they don't particularly give a sh*t what the consequence are to well being, just like Craig, they only differ on what the details of what exactly God has or has not commanded.


But on this one, he is actually right.

Would you agree with him on this ? that their is insufficient evidence for Jesus miracles, or anyone else for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com...

Not really, but I've seen remarkably specific prophecy teams come true when mathematically improbable. I also understand what reality actually is constructually. Atheism is literally impossible from multiple fronts. If the world is divinely guided then we need look to not the natural but the supernatural. Out oftheistic beliefs over 90% are of Abrahamic faiths. The real battle is between only 2 faiths which compose over 90%+ of theistic belief onEarth. Then one looks to the crrelation between those 2 beliefs and sees only Christ. This isn't chess. It's checkers.

False duality.

Not really. The dualty was predicted in Genesis as a final dual between Isaac's seed and Ishmael's seed. The pantheon of gods began vanishing and is almost nonexistant today. Even Hinduism is being quickly displaced by Islam.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
illegalcombat
Posts: 632
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 10:08:39 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 5:36:34 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:32:44 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:23:08 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
William Lane Craig

http://youtu.be...

Do you really want to go down the path where we throw well being out the window when it comes to morality ?

https://youtu.be...

You are basing morality on the human sense of one lensed morality. If you were omniscient and omnipresent you know ALL final outcomes. So you could let someone not suffer or let them live knowing that taking away their suffering leads to a negative consequence in the final outcome or they go on to be Hitler, etc. One cannot judge the motive of God when He has proven His mercy and love for us at the cross and we are unable to know the future.

I won't be lectured by you, you f*cking twit on morality, you pointing the finger at islamic terrorists, using our human sense of morality, but when it comes to your own God your more than willing to lecture others, oh don't use human sense of morality.

If it's good enough to condemn islamic terrorists it's good enough to condemn you and what ever religious beliefs you have.
tarantula
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 10:16:51 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

ALL religions are similar in that there is no verifiable evidence to support the 'truth' of any of them, and they appear to be the creation of humans.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:04:51 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 10:16:51 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

ALL religions are similar in that there is no verifiable evidence to support the 'truth' of any of them, and they appear to be the creation of humans.

This statement would apply to atheism.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:07:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
If religion were merely the means to finding a truth, the question for me is what is the truth we seek (?) Do we all seek the same answers (?) A quantum theorist would seek to know the theory of everything, yet this answer is known already to me. And still I no nothing while the atheist and the professor knows everything, but sadly their arrogance can teach me nothing. To look outside for answers will lead many astray when the largest cosmic library sits already inside you; and go to church as my mother goes every Sunday. Hurray! Hurray! Praise the Lord my mother should be so proud coming home with a sardonic smile, she would then say life is about getting paid. Mo money, mo" problems, she don't care, she gonna spend the rest of the day watching Oprah. And there she gets her answers to questions disgusting to me. It seems the questions to some are inconsequential quibbling drama to others. But let's judge and judge never to realise we are only judging ourselves. Maybe to realize you're dead is to pave now a way for something real such as an empirical life that so far so close, awaits us all. To know this is to know religion is no longer a useless word.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:08:34 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 10:16:51 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

ALL religions are similar in that there is no verifiable evidence to support the 'truth' of any of them, and they appear to be the creation of humans.

And you say "no verifiable proof". I disagree. Will the atheist lead to where the evidence leads or not? Here is the science adviser to the U.S. President below.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:08:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
James Gates

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
tarantula
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:20:58 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 1:08:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 10:16:51 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

ALL religions are similar in that there is no verifiable evidence to support the 'truth' of any of them, and they appear to be the creation of humans.

And you say "no verifiable proof". I disagree. Will the atheist lead to where the evidence leads or not? Here is the science adviser to the U.S. President below.

You have never come up with any evidence. If the sky fairy exists why does it play silly beggars instead of making its existence irrefutable?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 3:27:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 1:20:58 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/10/2016 1:08:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 10:16:51 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/9/2016 9:19:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sam Harris-

Saying "religion" is like saying "sports". It's a useless word, "religion". Badmitton and Kung fu fighting are both sports, but hardly similar.

http://youtu.be...

ALL religions are similar in that there is no verifiable evidence to support the 'truth' of any of them, and they appear to be the creation of humans.

And you say "no verifiable proof". I disagree. Will the atheist lead to where the evidence leads or not? Here is the science adviser to the U.S. President below.

You have never come up with any evidence. If the sky fairy exists why does it play silly beggars instead of making its existence irrefutable?

That's the science advisor to the Executive Branch of the United States of America. Go where the evidence lead correct? Unless...it leads to a creator. Science is the Atheist's friend until it points to God.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 8:45:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
If the sky fairy exists why does it play silly beggars instead of making its existence irrefutable?
If the sky fairy exists why does it use the likes of saurus, mad and thang to tell people.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 11:38:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
(2 Peter 3:3)
"knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires."
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 11:45:55 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/13/2016 8:45:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
If the sky fairy exists why does it play silly beggars instead of making its existence irrefutable?
If the sky fairy exists why does it use the likes of saurus, mad and thang to tell people.

He will and has. It never matters to most.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 11:46:17 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
(Revelation 1:7)
Look, he is coming within the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him."

"and cursed the God of heaven, and they refused to repent of what they had done."
(Revelation 16:11)
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
tarantula
Posts: 863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 12:30:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Of course god hasn't made its presence clear to the world, if it had we would all believe in it.