Total Posts:126|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Disliking God does not nullify His existance

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:55:22 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

If atheists "disliked" him, then that would mean they think he exists. If they think he exists, then they know acting against him would result in them going to hell. I am fairly certain Atheists wouldn't want to go to hypothetical hell, so I am fairly sure your statement is flawed, and that Atheists just don't believe that God exists.

But by all means, please don't let this get in the way of your venting.
Meh!
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:22:55 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:55:22 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

If atheists "disliked" him, then that would mean they think he exists. If they think he exists, then they know acting against him would result in them going to hell. I am fairly certain Atheists wouldn't want to go to hypothetical hell, so I am fairly sure your statement is flawed, and that Atheists just don't believe that God exists.

But by all means, please don't let this get in the way of your venting.

There have been many, many threads on this very forum trying to discredit God's character. Hence, the thread.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:30:04 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

Well, thank you for demonstrating to the world that your have no idea what an ad hominem is. The point of commiting an ad hominem fallacy is to ignore the debater's arguments and attack the person. Simply disliking God doesn't constitute as and "ad hominem". There are several reasons why insulting God or the concept of God is not an ad hominem:

1. No argument from God has been directly made.
2. God isn't debating, but his followers are.
3. God is usually the issue of the debate, rather than the contender or instigator.

Thus, what you say is devoid of sense and reason. But hey, why am I not surprised!

Nonetheless, this type of argument can be appeal to emotion and non sequitur, but I've never actually personally heard it from any atheist before (I.e. God doesn't exist because he is evil).
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:51:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 1:30:04 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

Well, thank you for demonstrating to the world that your have no idea what an ad hominem is. The point of commiting an ad hominem fallacy is to ignore the debater's arguments and attack the person. Simply disliking God doesn't constitute as and "ad hominem". There are several reasons why insulting God or the concept of God is not an ad hominem:

1. No argument from God has been directly made.
2. God isn't debating, but his followers are.
3. God is usually the issue of the debate, rather than the contender or instigator.

Thus, what you say is devoid of sense and reason. But hey, why am I not surprised!

Nonetheless, this type of argument can be appeal to emotion and non sequitur, but I've never actually personally heard it from any atheist before (I.e. God doesn't exist because he is evil).

Looks like you proved it was. Good work.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:52:54 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
And I quote:

"The point of commiting an ad hominem fallacy is to ignore the debater's arguments and attack the person."
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:53:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

Great post!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.

Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:05:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

It only did what the human authors imaginations claimed it did in their Story book.

It literally is incapable of doing anything!

You are welcome to prove otherwise?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:12:19 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 3:05:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

It only did what the human authors imaginations claimed it did in their Story book.

It literally is incapable of doing anything!

You are welcome to prove otherwise?


Then why did the Sanhedran condemn him in their writings. Example, Josephus.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:33:51 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 3:05:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

It only did what the human authors imaginations claimed it did in their Story book.

It literally is incapable of doing anything!


At 4/10/2016 3:12:19 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Then why did the Sanhedran condemn him in their writings. Example, Josephus.
Because Josephus was basing his writings on ' hearsay ' by those claiming to be its followers!

e.g: When addressing the mythical nature of Jesus Christ, one issue repeatedly raised is the purported "evidence" of his existence to be found in the writings of Flavius Josephus, the famed Jewish general and historian who lived from about 37 to 100 CE. In Josephus's Antiquities of the Jews appears the notorious passage regarding Christ called the "Testimonium Flavianum" ("TF"):

"Now, there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works,--a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day." (Whitson, 379)

This surprisingly brief and simplistic passage constitutes the "best proof" of Jesus's existence in the entire ancient non-Christian library comprising the works of dozens of historians, writers, philosophers, politicians and others who never mentioned the great sage and wonderworker Jesus Christ, even though they lived contemporaneously with or shortly after the Christian savior's purported advent.

A False Witness

Despite the best wishes of sincere believers and the erroneous claims of truculent apologists, the Testimonium Flavianum has been demonstrated continually over the centuries to be a forgery, likely interpolated by Catholic Church historian Eusebius in the fourth century. So thorough and universal has been this debunking that very few scholars of repute continued to cite the passage after the turn of the 19th century. Indeed, the TF was rarely mentioned, except to note that it was a forgery, and numerous books by a variety of authorities over a period of 200 or so years basically took it for granted that the Testimonium Flavianum in its entirety was spurious, an interpolation and a forgery. As Dr. Gordon Stein relates:

"...the vast majority of scholars since the early 1800s have said that this quotation is not by Josephus, but rather is a later Christian insertion in his works. In other words, it is a forgery, rejected by scholars." (More at - Source: http://www.truthbeknown.com...)
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:57:01 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.

Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT.
Who is 'we', Bronto? If we classed your beliefs as evangelical, then some 87% of Christians disagree with you on key matters. So a vast majority of Christians don't even hold that everything you believe is truth.

And sadly, there's no question that some of the beliefs you promote are also evil, though I know that's not what you intend. :(
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:00:56 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 4:57:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.

Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT.
Who is 'we', Bronto? If we classed your beliefs as evangelical, then some 87% of Christians disagree with you on key matters. So a vast majority of Christians don't even hold that everything you believe is truth.

And sadly, there's no question that some of the beliefs you promote are also evil, though I know that's not what you intend. :(

Okay the law of Moses(old testament) said stone adulterer. Jesus forbid the stoning of the adulterer presented to Him. True or false?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:02:02 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 4:57:01 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.

Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT.
Who is 'we', Bronto? If we classed your beliefs as evangelical, then some 87% of Christians disagree with you on key matters. So a vast majority of Christians don't even hold that everything you believe is truth.

And sadly, there's no question that some of the beliefs you promote are also evil, though I know that's not what you intend. :(

And why do the "87%" not stone adulterers seeing they "disagree" with me?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:19:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.

Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

Then, if atheists condemn biblical stories, why not look to them for guidance?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:57:07 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

Arguments discrediting God's character are not meant to disprove his existence. They're meant to disprove the nonsensical theistic notion that God is an all loving being and the standard of our morality.

And BTW, the fact that you do not understand the difference between attacking your beliefs and attacking you (the definition of an ad hominem) demonstrates that your beliefs are not rationally based.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:04:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

The difference is that you begin from the position that your God exists, we don't, hence there is no God to displace or dislike, there are only the words in the Bible and how God is depicted there.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 11:19:57 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:43:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him.

You're confusing disbelieving a story and thinking it bad with disbelieving a story because it's bad.

Put it another way: many atheists here (myself included) think many Biblical stories are both untrue and a poor influence on humanity.

That's another way of saying that we promote ignorance by teaching them as truth, and do evil by promoting them as good.

Jesus condemned many biblical stories...
I think you mean he is attested as having repudiated certain Mosaic laws and replaced them, which is true. But he is also attested at having traded on the Tanakh to claim his own divine legitimacy, so you can't have it both ways.

And moreover, you're not seriously arguing that Christians today draw no further than just the Sermon on the Mount for guidance. You yourself draw on far more than that.

Nor is that tract itself beyond question and criticism, both in conception and interpretation.

Essentially you're strawmanning objections about morality on top of the original strawman conflating immoral teachings with invalid claims of existence.

This thread is not your best work, Brontage. What it lacks in respect is dwarfed by its dishonesty.
distraff
Posts: 1,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 11:56:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

They try to show that the God is not omni-benevolent through his actions hence showing that the bible's claim that he is perfect to be ridiculous.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 11:59:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

But... understanding what it means to be god proves the pagans weren't so far off - all in god's will.
bulproof
Posts: 25,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:12:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

Citations required.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
KnowledgeBot5
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:33:39 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

doesnt exist- never has, never will- at least not in the physical world- but in the hearts and minds of believers- existance to me, means physically here, with us. existance to you means in your mind and imagination-
newnature
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 3:05:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

It only did what the human authors imaginations claimed it did in their Story book.

It literally is incapable of doing anything!

You are welcome to prove otherwise?


A figure of speech relates to the form in which the words are used. It consists in the fact that a word or words are used out of their ordinary sense, or place, or manner, for the purpose of attracting our attention to what is said.

In Genesis chapter three, we have neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasized by the use of certain figures of speech. When Satan is spoken of as a "serpent", it is the figure Hypocatastasis or Implication. An implied resemblance or representation.

Other figures of speech are used in Genesis 3:14-15, but only for the same purpose of emphasizing the truth and the reality of what is said. "Thou shalt bruise his heel", it cannot mean his literal heel of flesh and blood, but suffering, more temporary in character. R32;

"He shall crush thy head", it means something more than a skull of bone, and brain, and hair. It means that all Satan"s plans and plots, policy and purposes, will one day be finally crushed and ended, never more to mar or to hinder the purposes of God. R32;

This will be effected when Satan shall be bruised under our feet (Romans 16:20). This, again, will not be our literal feet, but something much more real. The bruising of Christ"s heel is the most eloquent and impressive way of foretelling the most solemn events; and to point out that the effort made by Satan to evade his doom, then threatened, would become the very means of insuring its accomplishment; for it was through the death of Christ that he who had the power of death would be destroyed; and all Satan" power and policy brought to an end, and all his works destroyed.

What literal words could portray these literal facts so wonderfully as these expressive figures of speech?
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 8:09:54 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 3:05:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

It only did what the human authors imaginations claimed it did in their Story book.

It literally is incapable of doing anything!

You are welcome to prove otherwise?


At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
A figure of speech relates to the form in which the words are used. It consists in the fact that a word or words are used out of their ordinary sense, or place, or manner, for the purpose of attracting our attention to what is said.
In other words literary tactics by the human authors!

At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
In Genesis chapter three, we have neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasized by the use of certain figures of speech.

Rubbish!

It is 100% human devised text in a Story book!

At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
When Satan is spoken of as a "serpent", it is the figure Hypocatastasis or Implication. An implied resemblance or representation.

Implied of what?

Implied isn't fact!

The YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT translations do not even contain the Hebrew Word ' Satan ' in their narrative, so try preaching your Satan ideology using them?

At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
Other figures of speech are used in Genesis 3:14-15, but only for the same purpose of emphasizing the truth and the reality of what is said. "Thou shalt bruise his heel", it cannot mean his literal heel of flesh and blood, but suffering, more temporary in character. R32;

"He shall crush thy head", it means something more than a skull of bone, and brain, and hair. It means that all Satan"s plans and plots, policy and purposes, will one day be finally crushed and ended, never more to mar or to hinder the purposes of God. R32;

This will be effected when Satan shall be bruised under our feet (Romans 16:20). This, again, will not be our literal feet, but something much more real. The bruising of Christ"s heel is the most eloquent and impressive way of foretelling the most solemn events; and to point out that the effort made by Satan to evade his doom, then threatened, would become the very means of insuring its accomplishment; for it was through the death of Christ that he who had the power of death would be destroyed; and all Satan" power and policy brought to an end, and all his works destroyed.

What literal words could portray these literal facts so wonderfully as these expressive figures of speech?
Story book Tales written by humans!

You have nothing of value/proofs towards your Supernatural beings ideology!
newnature
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 2:44:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/11/2016 8:09:54 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/10/2016 3:05:25 AM, Composer wrote:
At 4/10/2016 2:47:29 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Jesus condemned many biblical stories. We look to Him for guidance, not the OT. Which of his teachings has you by the goat? The Sermon on the Mount?

The biblical jebus is a Historical MYTH!

It only did what the human authors imaginations claimed it did in their Story book.

It literally is incapable of doing anything!

You are welcome to prove otherwise?


At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
A figure of speech relates to the form in which the words are used. It consists in the fact that a word or words are used out of their ordinary sense, or place, or manner, for the purpose of attracting our attention to what is said.
In other words literary tactics by the human authors!

At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
In Genesis chapter three, we have neither allegory, myth, legend, nor fable, but literal historical facts set forth, and emphasized by the use of certain figures of speech.

Rubbish!

It is 100% human devised text in a Story book!

At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
When Satan is spoken of as a "serpent", it is the figure Hypocatastasis or Implication. An implied resemblance or representation.

Implied of what?

Implied isn't fact!

The YLT & EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT translations do not even contain the Hebrew Word ' Satan ' in their narrative, so try preaching your Satan ideology using them?

At 4/11/2016 7:11:58 AM, newnature wrote:
Other figures of speech are used in Genesis 3:14-15, but only for the same purpose of emphasizing the truth and the reality of what is said. "Thou shalt bruise his heel", it cannot mean his literal heel of flesh and blood, but suffering, more temporary in character. R32;

"He shall crush thy head", it means something more than a skull of bone, and brain, and hair. It means that all Satan"s plans and plots, policy and purposes, will one day be finally crushed and ended, never more to mar or to hinder the purposes of God. R32;

This will be effected when Satan shall be bruised under our feet (Romans 16:20). This, again, will not be our literal feet, but something much more real. The bruising of Christ"s heel is the most eloquent and impressive way of foretelling the most solemn events; and to point out that the effort made by Satan to evade his doom, then threatened, would become the very means of insuring its accomplishment; for it was through the death of Christ that he who had the power of death would be destroyed; and all Satan" power and policy brought to an end, and all his works destroyed.

What literal words could portray these literal facts so wonderfully as these expressive figures of speech?
Story book Tales written by humans!

You have nothing of value/proofs towards your Supernatural beings ideology!

The history of Genesis chapter three is intended to teach us the fact that Satan"s sphere of activities is in the religious sphere, and not the spheres of crime or immorality; that his battlefield is not the sins arising from human depravity, but the unbelief of the human heart. We are not to look for Satan"s activities today in the newspaper press, or the police courts; but in the pulpit, and in professors" chairs. Whenever the Word of God is called in question, there we see the trail of that old serpent?
oneteacher
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:43:33 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:55:22 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

If atheists "disliked" him, then that would mean they think he exists. If they think he exists, then they know acting against him would result in them going to hell. I am fairly certain Atheists wouldn't want to go to hypothetical hell, so I am fairly sure your statement is flawed, and that Atheists just don't believe that God exists.

But by all means, please don't let this get in the way of your venting. : :

All flesh will perish and be burned up. Most Atheists and Christians don't know the difference between the flesh and the spirit.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:47:31 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

Its true you often see random things thrown into arguments that have nothing in the world to do worh God. When debating if the bible supports abortion here before, one individual kept throwing infanticide in there which regardless of it has nothing to do with the outlook for killing the unborn.
People just dont like God thats why they are not down.
newnature
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:48:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/11/2016 3:43:33 PM, oneteacher wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:55:22 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

If atheists "disliked" him, then that would mean they think he exists. If they think he exists, then they know acting against him would result in them going to hell. I am fairly certain Atheists wouldn't want to go to hypothetical hell, so I am fairly sure your statement is flawed, and that Atheists just don't believe that God exists.

But by all means, please don't let this get in the way of your venting. : :

All flesh will perish and be burned up. Most Atheists and Christians don't know the difference between the flesh and the spirit.

Death as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection. It is the resurrection that turns death into a temporary sleep, so to speak. The second death differs from the first death, not in nature, but in results. R32;

The first death is a temporary sleep, because it is followed the the resurrection. The second death is permeant and irreversible extinction, because there is no awakening. The second death is the death resulting from the final judgment which prevents evildoers from living in the new earth to come, a punishment that ultimately results in eternal, irreversible death. R32;

The stern punishment awaiting the enemies of righteousness, whose temporary resurrection results only in a return to death and its punishment, their full and final defeat. The wicked will be resurrected mortal in order to receive their punishment which will result in their ultimate annihilation.
oneteacher
Posts: 100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:52:09 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/11/2016 3:48:27 PM, newnature wrote:
At 4/11/2016 3:43:33 PM, oneteacher wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:55:22 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/10/2016 12:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's ad homen. I see Atheists on here try to displace God by trying to show why they do not like Him. Not particularly liking someone does not negate their existance.

If atheists "disliked" him, then that would mean they think he exists. If they think he exists, then they know acting against him would result in them going to hell. I am fairly certain Atheists wouldn't want to go to hypothetical hell, so I am fairly sure your statement is flawed, and that Atheists just don't believe that God exists.

But by all means, please don't let this get in the way of your venting. : :

All flesh will perish and be burned up. Most Atheists and Christians don't know the difference between the flesh and the spirit.

Death as we know it, would indeed be the end of our existence were it not for the fact of the resurrection. It is the resurrection that turns death into a temporary sleep, so to speak. The second death differs from the first death, not in nature, but in results. R32;

The first death is a temporary sleep, because it is followed the the resurrection. The second death is permeant and irreversible extinction, because there is no awakening. The second death is the death resulting from the final judgment which prevents evildoers from living in the new earth to come, a punishment that ultimately results in eternal, irreversible death. R32;

The stern punishment awaiting the enemies of righteousness, whose temporary resurrection results only in a return to death and its punishment, their full and final defeat. The wicked will be resurrected mortal in order to receive their punishment which will result in their ultimate annihilation. : :

I can easily see that you don't understand what you read in the Bible. Didn't you know you sleep with the enemy every single night and then get up in the morning and see the enemy in a mirror?