Jump to topic:

The Easiest Religion to Troll

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:52:40 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
The easiest religion to troll is atheism.

Agree/disagree?
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:33:58 AM
At 4/10/2016 12:52:40 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Disagree. It just shows the mental flaccidity of those whom suggest that atheism is a religion at all, and then make fun of a non-religion for its religiosity.

It usually backfires from what I've seen.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:48:24 AM
At 4/10/2016 1:33:58 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Disagree. It just shows the mental flaccidity of those whom suggest that atheism is a religion at all, and then make fun of a non-religion for its religiosity.

Then what is this?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:49:03 AM
Atheist church

"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 9:12:43 AM

Agree/disagree?

Disagree.

1 Atheism is not a religion

2) https://www.google.com...
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:16:14 PM
At 4/10/2016 1:48:24 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Then what is this?

What does it look like?

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:17:42 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:16:14 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Then what is this?

What does it look like?

Nothing much.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:22:30 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:17:42 PM, desmac wrote:
At 4/10/2016 3:16:14 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Then what is this?

What does it look like?

Nothing much.

Wasn't asking you buttinsky

missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:54:26 PM

Agree/disagree?

If you think religion is a good thing, then are you praising atheism for being a religion? Do they want to give it the same privileges as other religions: tax exemption, free cash from "faith-based initiatives," toleration, and unexamined respect? But usually I hear it in a tone that suggests you think atheism is dogmatic and intolerant: you know, like "other" religions. Are you then condemning your own religion? You seem to be saying, "Atheism is dogmatic and intolerant, just like me. Boo on atheism." So, I don"t get it. In either case, of course, atheism is not a religion. It is not a worldview or system at all. It does not combine a set of beliefs, traditions, rituals, and community structures like religions do. It is, rather, a single belief about one thing: that there aren"t any gods.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:21:34 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:54:26 PM, missmedic wrote:

Agree/disagree?

If you think religion is a good thing, then are you praising atheism for being a religion? Do they want to give it the same privileges as other religions: tax exemption, free cash from "faith-based initiatives," toleration, and unexamined respect? But usually I hear it in a tone that suggests you think atheism is dogmatic and intolerant: you know, like "other" religions. Are you then condemning your own religion? You seem to be saying, "Atheism is dogmatic and intolerant, just like me. Boo on atheism." So, I don"t get it. In either case, of course, atheism is not a religion. It is not a worldview or system at all. It does not combine a set of beliefs, traditions, rituals, and community structures like religions do. It is, rather, a single belief about one thing: that there aren"t any gods.

Well the bold part certainly isn't true. Atheism is also the positive belief that naturalism/materialism is all the exists.

The rest seems accurate though.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:41:32 PM
At 4/10/2016 5:21:34 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Well the bold part certainly isn't true. Atheism is also the positive belief that naturalism/materialism is all the exists.

Actually, the bold part is accurate. Aside from not believing in the existence of gods, there is no other common belief that all atheists share.
There are a lot of common beliefs, but by definition those are not relevant to atheism.
https://atheists.org...
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 7:37:27 PM
At 4/10/2016 5:41:32 PM, Canuck wrote:

Agree/disagree?

Actually, the bold part is accurate. Aside from not believing in the existence of gods, there is no other common belief that all atheists share.
There are a lot of common beliefs, but by definition those are not relevant to atheism.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info...

And I think you will be hard-pressed to claim that the lack of believe in the supernatural is not the same thing as believing the natural is all that exists. Virtually any negative belief can be re-worded as a positive one. Just because all atheists don't share the same exact beliefs doesn't make it any less true.
Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 8:54:10 PM
At 4/10/2016 7:37:27 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

Agree/disagree?

And I think you will be hard-pressed to claim that the lack of believe in the supernatural is not the same thing as believing the natural is all that exists. Virtually any negative belief can be re-worded as a positive one. Just because all atheists don't share the same exact beliefs doesn't make it any less true.

An atheist does not believe in any god. By definition, what does not equate to disbelief of everything supernatural. A person could believe in ghosts, and still be an atheist. An atheist could believe the world is flat, or Elvis is alive, or penguins live on Pluto. All these are entirely separate issues from atheism.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 8:58:34 PM

Agree/disagree?

troll not sure what you mean..

the easiest religions to dismiss are the cults, jw's morons and islam.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 12:20:28 AM
Atheism seems more like dogma to me than religion.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:22:00 AM
At 4/10/2016 8:54:10 PM, Canuck wrote:

Agree/disagree?

An atheist does not believe in any god.
What evidence do you have that proves an atheist doesn't believe in any gods?
I'll need evidence not mere utterance. Oh yeah, you can't prove with evidence this is actually true...nvm

By definition, what does not equate to disbelief of everything supernatural. A person could believe in ghosts, and still be an atheist. An atheist could believe the world is flat, or Elvis is alive, or penguins live on Pluto. All these are entirely separate issues from atheism.

C
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 1:19:02 AM
At 4/10/2016 8:54:10 PM, Canuck wrote:

Agree/disagree?

An atheist does not believe in any god.
What evidence do you have that proves an atheist doesn't believe in any gods?
I'll need evidence not mere utterance. Oh yeah, you can't prove with evidence this is actually true...nvm

By definition, what does not equate to disbelief of everything supernatural. A person could believe in ghosts, and still be an atheist. An atheist could believe the world is flat, or Elvis is alive, or penguins live on Pluto. All these are entirely separate issues from atheism.

C
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 1:39:02 AM

Agree/disagree? : :

Christians are the easiest to confuse with the Truth. At least atheists know they practice false teachings and worship a false deity.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 6:38:26 AM
At 4/12/2016 1:39:02 AM, oneteacher wrote:

Agree/disagree? : :

Christians are the easiest to confuse with the Truth. At least atheists know they practice false teachings and worship a false deity.

Which false deity do atheists worship?