Jump to topic:

Christians vs Non christians

illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:58:00 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
What I have in mind here is probably is your typical american evangelical.

Now such a person may insist about how different they are, after all they are saved, born again, live in the light, accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, are a child of God, unbound from Satan, etc etc.

SO I though to myself lets compare and contrast an average evangelical to say an average atheist or skeptic.....

1) They might give some charity, but neither gives sells up all they have to give to the poor.

2) Both don't kill or rape.

3) Such a christian can't show that praying to their God gets any better results than praying to some other God, like wise the atheist/skeptic to any alleged supernatural thing.

4) Both have to sleep, eat, sh*t to live another day.

5) They both die.

So once you get past all the "talk" all the "claims", all the sermons, all the preachments, all the doctrines, all the stories, what exactly can the average christian demonstrate over a non christian ?

Nothing ? And if that is the case, could you shut the hell up about how different you are, you are not, talk is cheap, talk means nothing, shut the f*ck up.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 8:44:00 AM
At 4/10/2016 4:58:00 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

Now such a person may insist about how different they are, after all they are saved, born again, live in the light, accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, are a child of God, unbound from Satan, etc etc.

SO I though to myself lets compare and contrast an average evangelical to say an average atheist or skeptic.....

1) They might give some charity, but neither gives sells up all they have to give to the poor.

3) Such a christian can't show that praying to their God gets any better results than praying to some other God, like wise the atheist/skeptic to any alleged supernatural thing.

5) They both die.

So once you get past all the "talk" all the "claims", all the sermons, all the preachments, all the doctrines, all the stories, what exactly can the average christian demonstrate over a non christian ?

Nothing ? And if that is the case, could you shut the hell up about how different you are, you are not, talk is cheap, talk means nothing, shut the f*ck up.

Agree. Christianity is clearly false. It's delusional to believe it's lies.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:32:46 PM

Yes, we know how you like to label things.... and all those labels have attachments but anyway....

Wrong and true, there are things we all must change and adjust to accommodate the spiritual world and it's functions and operations. It's a give and take relation and until you dive into that you will have no clue what this is about. Just like with anything you want to learn or become.... if I went to school to become a chef, applied myself and really learned all I could then I would probably possess some thing the other Joe blow who still eats all his moms cooking possesses in relating to knowledge and experience with food and what works and what doesn't....trial and error.
If you have a soul who believes in the Creator, has sought, applied himself and is willing to learn and to adjust some things that soul has already crossed lines the other hasn't even begun. You can't even compare the two because they are not in the same arena.

The differences can be huge or can be subtle depending on the individual but obviously you have no reasons to consider the spiritual side of the coin because you are an atheist. Unfortunately for the atheist, the spiritual side of the coin is not something you will be able to detect, until you make that connection you are blind to it so you will do what have been doing which is to focus solely on what you think you see in the physical.

It's irrelevant what we give to charity in relation to our spirit and spiritual knowledge. Anybody can give to charity, this is not specific to Christianity just one aspect of it.

Same as above.

Because we cannot "show" spiritual activities to an atheist lol, that is not something that is possible over the internet, just like you can't test God or a spirit in a science lab you cannot physically show somebody that something spiritual took place and that is because there is no material base to examine or link to any God.

That's because we both share a physical body.

5) They both die.

See above..

Their beliefs, lifestyle and testimonies which are linked to the spirit not just the flesh. Why are you trying to conflate Christians with an atheist?? one cannot attain the things of the spirit by believing in atheism and living in a carnal state of mind, sorry but this is a silly comparison. I know you are attempting to show that there are no differences merely in the physical but that is not something you can prove by any means, because you have no real way of examining the spirit and it's effects, so you are stuck with speculation.
What we can demonstrate is what we have learned and acquired, and even here we have people at all different levels. You have people that are still babies, they listen and learn and do what they are told, you have people that just believe what they believe because their parents believed it but you also have real, experienced committed believers who have moved into deeper levels, been examining and learning for some time. So basically you have a giant mixing pot of believers at all varying levels and understandings so it will vary as far as what we are able to "demonstrate".

You miss the point really, if someone declares they are different or have something that they didn't have before or that you may not possess yet it's not to say "na na nee boo boo", it's to say hey my friend...I have something you MAY WANT, not that you can't have it or I'm more special.....
Don't forget about the spiritual nature of Theism and God, if you strip that aspect away you will never see or gain anything. You will just remain a blind atheist mocking believers.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 12:56:41 PM
At 4/10/2016 12:32:46 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Yes, we know how you like to label things.... and all those labels have attachments but anyway....

Wrong and true, there are things we all must change and adjust to accommodate the spiritual world and it's functions and operations. It's a give and take relation and until you dive into that you will have no clue what this is about. Just like with anything you want to learn or become.... if I went to school to become a chef, applied myself and really learned all I could then I would probably possess some thing the other Joe blow who still eats all his moms cooking possesses in relating to knowledge and experience with food and what works and what doesn't....trial and error.
If you have a soul who believes in the Creator, has sought, applied himself and is willing to learn and to adjust some things that soul has already crossed lines the other hasn't even begun. You can't even compare the two because they are not in the same arena.

Nice story, the chef has to be able to cook something, what can you do with your so called spiritual knowledge ?

The differences can be huge or can be subtle depending on the individual but obviously you have no reasons to consider the spiritual side of the coin because you are an atheist. Unfortunately for the atheist, the spiritual side of the coin is not something you will be able to detect, until you make that connection you are blind to it so you will do what have been doing which is to focus solely on what you think you see in the physical.

Yeah, yeah everyone who doesn't believe as you do is blind, shutup. Talk is cheap.

It's irrelevant what we give to charity in relation to our spirit and spiritual knowledge. Anybody can give to charity, this is not specific to Christianity just one aspect of it.

Same as above.

Because we cannot "show" spiritual activities to an atheist lol, that is not something that is possible over the internet, just like you can't test God or a spirit in a science lab you cannot physically show somebody that something spiritual took place and that is because there is no material base to examine or link to any God.

You can show results, or in this case lack of.

IT's all talk, no results.

5) They both die.

See above..

Their beliefs, lifestyle and testimonies which are linked to the spirit not just the flesh. Why are you trying to conflate Christians with an atheist?? one cannot attain the things of the spirit by believing in atheism and living in a carnal state of mind, sorry but this is a silly comparison. I know you are attempting to show that there are no differences merely in the physical but that is not something you can prove by any means, because you have no real way of examining the spirit and it's effects, so you are stuck with speculation.
What we can demonstrate is what we have learned and acquired, and even here we have people at all different levels. You have people that are still babies, they listen and learn and do what they are told, you have people that just believe what they believe because their parents believed it but you also have real, experienced committed believers who have moved into deeper levels, been examining and learning for some time. So basically you have a giant mixing pot of believers at all varying levels and understandings so it will vary as far as what we are able to "demonstrate".

What can you demonstrate exactly ?

You miss the point really, if someone declares they are different or have something that they didn't have before or that you may not possess yet it's not to say "na na nee boo boo", it's to say hey my friend...I have something you MAY WANT, not that you can't have it or I'm more special.....
Don't forget about the spiritual nature of Theism and God, if you strip that aspect away you will never see or gain anything. You will just remain a blind atheist mocking believers.

It's not mocking to point out when the talk doesn't match the reality.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 7:50:42 PM
At 4/10/2016 12:56:41 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Nice story, the chef has to be able to cook something, what can you do with your so called spiritual knowledge ?

So did you understand the analogy or not?? I can progress with spiritual knowledge, just like with any other knowledge....

Yeah, yeah everyone who doesn't believe as you do is blind, shutup. Talk is cheap.

Well you can take it as an insult or you can take it for what it was, which was logic and common sense....which do you prefer now?

Same as above.

You can show results, or in this case lack of.

Yes of course I could, that would be called a testimony, atheists don't accept testimonies especially religious or spiritual ones remember?

IT's all talk, no results.

It's no talk and all results, that's what spirituality is.

5) They both die.

See above..

What can you demonstrate exactly ?

I already said that. But for who? me or you? I can demonstrate for myself what works and what doesn't, what is true and what is not. I do this through application and observation.

It's not mocking to point out when the talk doesn't match the reality.

Who's talk doesn't match reality? could you be more specific please... who's reality are we talking about here..... to an atheist the material world is the only reality but to a Theist there is far more, far more knowledge and far more reality so it depends on which perspective we approach to match what with what...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 11:38:13 PM
what exactly can the average christian demonstrate over a non christian ?

Sanctimony.

Christians have spent so much time inveigling themselves with empires, they think they can run the world, and that they're entitled to do so.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 11:49:32 PM

Exactly, which is why you and atheists live exactly the same way, you both are forced to speculate on things that have never been shown to exist. You live just as much a "flesh carnal" life as any other and you cannot prove otherwise. You too are stuck.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 12:00:43 AM
What is the difference between between people who go to AA meetings and the commoner when it comes to drinking?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 12:06:42 AM

5) They both die.

We have an unbalancing part of this equation that you do not have that we must ask ourselves before the interchange that makes us do beyond or not do something at all.

WWJD?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 1:17:04 PM

5) They both die.

Christians all around the world are enjoying their faith, celebrating Easter, and you are knotted up with bile and hate. You have left your nice atheist side of the street to come over to a theist pub to tell the theist to "shut up"? Does that make sense to you?

If that is atheism I want no part of it. Which is why you never find me on atheist sites. If I wanted not to hear atheists anymore, the most inane thing to do would be to go to atheist sites!

I see you getting worse and worse with the hate IC. If you aren't careful, there is a spot on the 6 O'clock news waiting for you. Glad you don't know where I live.