Jump to topic:

The rise of Christianity

bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:15:57 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Some people apparently are not aware Christianity was Illegal in the Roman empire until 313. The only reason it became legal was because Constantine had a vision of a bright cross bearing an inscription "in this sign you will be victorious"
So to these people that think Christianity was anything but an underground movement before this, think again.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:36:55 PM
At 4/11/2016 3:15:57 PM, bigotry wrote:
Some people apparently are not aware Christianity was Illegal in the Roman empire until 313. The only reason it became legal was because Constantine had a vision of a bright cross bearing an inscription "in this sign you will be victorious"
So to these people that think Christianity was anything but an underground movement before this, think again. : :

It was okay to practice pagan religion but the true gospel is what Rome was after. They didn't like what the saints were preaching so the saints were killed along with some of their believers. Then the pagan religion of Christianity thrived after all the saints were killed.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:44:47 PM
At 4/11/2016 3:36:55 PM, oneteacher wrote:
So to these people that think Christianity was anything but an underground movement before this, think again. : :

It was okay to practice pagan religion but the true gospel is what Rome was after. They didn't like what the saints were preaching so the saints were killed along with some of their believers. Then the pagan religion of Christianity thrived after all the saints were killed.
Based on what?
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:46:05 PM
At 4/11/2016 3:44:47 PM, bigotry wrote:

Based on what? : :

Based on knowledge that was revealed to me. What else is history based on?
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:48:33 PM
At 4/11/2016 3:46:05 PM, oneteacher wrote:

Feel free to cite any source. Or else youv already lost before youv began.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 3:53:56 PM
At 4/11/2016 3:48:33 PM, bigotry wrote:

Feel free to cite any source. Or else youv already lost before youv began. : :"

All new information comes from the same exact source but if you don't believe that, then it's no use for me to continue sharing the knowledge that I possess.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:08:36 PM
So to these people that think Christianity was anything but an underground movement before this, think again.

right the sign of the cross, the church thereof, also known as the catholic church. it was also the church of the state, or empire in this case and the emperor was the vicar thereof before the church became in charge so to speak after the roman cookie crumbled. even when the English separated from the catholic church the King of England is still the vicar.

if it was so underground at that time, then why would a future sure thing emperor even consider the support of the Christian community in Rome? sure it was house to house when it started but we are talking at least 200 years or more, in that same amount of time the US went from rogue colonists to dominate political force on the planet. were have you been? if the vision is true which there is no reason to not believe its true then if the Christian community was so insignificant a guy in Constantine's position wouldn't even know them to be anything to be concern for. he might have though it to be a sign for something else. the Christians were constantly persecuted off and on and wouldn't be unless they were perceived a threat to persecutors in some way.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:32:33 PM
At 4/11/2016 3:53:56 PM, oneteacher wrote:

All new information comes from the same exact source but if you don't believe that, then it's no use for me to continue sharing the knowledge that I possess.

Ok sooo which source?
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:35:33 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:32:33 PM, bigotry wrote:

Ok sooo which source? : :

The invisible minds of men are all tapped into the same source of information but there is a servant between the mind and this information. Are you willing to learn about what that servant is?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:38:57 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:35:33 PM, oneteacher wrote:

The invisible minds of men are all tapped into the same source of information but there is a servant between the mind and this information. Are you willing to learn about what that servant is?

Sounds a bit bog gy.
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:44:44 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:08:36 PM, DPMartin wrote:

right the sign of the cross, the church thereof, also known as the catholic church. it was also the church of the state, or empire in this case and the emperor was the vicar thereof before the church became in charge so to speak after the roman cookie crumbled. even when the English separated from the catholic church the King of England is still the vicar.

if it was so underground at that time, then why would a future sure thing emperor even consider the support of the Christian community in Rome? sure it was house to house when it started but we are talking at least 200 years or more, in that same amount of time the US went from rogue colonists to dominate political force on the planet. were have you been? if the vision is true which there is no reason to not believe its true then if the Christian community was so insignificant a guy in Constantine's position wouldn't even know them to be anything to be concern for. he might have though it to be a sign for something else. the Christians were constantly persecuted off and on and wouldn't be unless they were perceived a threat to persecutors in some way.
Well you have to understand to many romans, the Christians were not well understood and looked at in the same manner as Jews. But people definitley knew of christians being around and many did convert and many did not. There were religious tests in place for example before Constantine because the roman emporer saw himself as a god and you were to worship him and make sacrifices to the gods ect. It was underground in that it would be dangerous to be open about it
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:46:16 PM

Look man you dont gotta be all wierd n stuff. Just where in the text is it shown to be that way?
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:47:18 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:40:09 PM, johnlubba wrote:
How about a source for what you insinuate?

Recorded history...tacitus, pilney the younger.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:48:06 PM

so if they hung on till quater past three they were fine...
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:49:03 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:48:06 PM, graceofgod wrote:

so if they hung on till quater past three they were fine...
In what regard?
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:53:14 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:46:16 PM, bigotry wrote:

Look man you dont gotta be all wierd n stuff. Just where in the text is it shown to be that way? : :

The voice of God is tapped into the minds of all God's people. God created everything in an invisible realm that no man can see or understand unless the man ( prophet or saint ) is chosen to hear the voice of God and end up testifying to every word that God has planned to put in the man's mind. These testimonies are how God reveals what the voice of God is and how it will be used for eternity. His voice is all we get to know and we will know the voice as "my servant David" in the New Heaven and Earth experience;

Ezekiel 34
22: I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23: And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.
24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 4:59:57 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:44:44 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 4/11/2016 4:08:36 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Well you have to understand to many romans, the Christians were not well understood and looked at in the same manner as Jews. But people definitley knew of christians being around and many did convert and many did not. There were religious tests in place for example before Constantine because the roman emporer saw himself as a god and you were to worship him and make sacrifices to the gods ect. It was underground in that it would be dangerous to be open about it

well the emperor worship is true as far as anything I've read about it, it might also be worth mentioning that the title of King of Kings and Lord of Lords might have make the powerful squeamish about the Christian in a populous seeing that even guys like Apostle Paul was convinced that Jesus might return even in his life time. there is more than one reason for sure on the Christians maintaining a low profile, but the spread and popularity thereof had to have been known. from be cruelly crushed for entertainment in the coliseum to ruler and major influence of the once roman empire territories for over a thousand years speaks volumes.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 5:12:14 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:47:18 PM, bigotry wrote:

Don't you think you should provide them in the same way you are asking of others?
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 5:16:15 PM
At 4/11/2016 5:12:14 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Don't you think you should provide them in the same way you are asking of others? : :
Heathens such as atheists and theists do not know the source of where all information comes from. That's why they have to rely on written information of the past.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 5:38:41 PM
At 4/11/2016 5:16:15 PM, oneteacher wrote:

Don't you think you should provide them in the same way you are asking of others? : :
Heathens such as atheists and theists do not know the source of where all information comes from. That's why they have to rely on written information of the past.
You quoted Ezekiel so you too rely on written information of the past.
You wrote: "Ezekiel 34
22: I will save my flock, they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge between sheep and sheep.
23: And I will set up over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he shall feed them: he shall feed them and be their shepherd.
24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken."
bigotry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 6:49:02 PM
At 4/11/2016 4:53:14 PM, oneteacher wrote:

Look man you dont gotta be all wierd n stuff. Just where in the text is it shown to be that way? : :

The voice of God is tapped into the minds of all God's people. God created everything in an invisible realm that no man can see or understand unless the man ( prophet or saint ) is chosen to hear the voice of God and end up testifying to every word that God has planned to put in the man's mind. These testimonies are how God reveals what the voice of God is and how it will be used for eternity. His voice is all we get to know and we will know the voice as "my servant David" in the New Heaven and Earth experience;
This has nothing to do with your idea that all the saints were slain and some form of paganistic christianity survived only.

Ezekiel 34
24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken.

Yes David is going to be there to rule as a prince. But Im not sure you can show anyone besides Christ will ultimatley be the voice your trying to speak of.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 8:32:05 PM
At 4/11/2016 5:38:41 PM, Harikrish wrote:

24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken." : :

I rely on the information that comes from my created existence. I don't need books to know who I am or how I was created.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 8:33:33 PM
At 4/11/2016 6:49:02 PM, bigotry wrote:
At 4/11/2016 4:53:14 PM, oneteacher wrote:

This has nothing to do with your idea that all the saints were slain and some form of paganistic christianity survived only.

Ezekiel 34

Yes David is going to be there to rule as a prince. But Im not sure you can show anyone besides Christ will ultimatley be the voice your trying to speak of. : :

I am He, the one where you get your thoughts and visible world from.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 8:40:37 PM
At 4/11/2016 8:32:05 PM, oneteacher wrote:

24: And I, the LORD, will be their God, and my servant David shall be prince among them; I, the LORD, have spoken." : :

I rely on the information that comes from my created existence. I don't need books to know who I am or how I was created.

And how far have you gone with that information. Last we heard you were still a homeless beggar living in a sleeping bag outside a church. If the information was useful or important you would be all over the news. All you have are self made videos of Brad Holkesvig a recovering alcoholic with severe brain damage.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 8:49:06 PM
At 4/11/2016 8:40:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:

And how far have you gone with that information. Last we heard you were still a homeless beggar living in a sleeping bag outside a church. If the information was useful or important you would be all over the news. All you have are self made videos of Brad Holkesvig a recovering alcoholic with severe brain damage. : :

You haven't heard anything from my created existence because you simply weren't meant to believe it. Anyone can observe a visible body ( a heathen ) and condemn it.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 9:04:49 PM
At 4/11/2016 8:49:06 PM, oneteacher wrote:

And how far have you gone with that information. Last we heard you were still a homeless beggar living in a sleeping bag outside a church. If the information was useful or important you would be all over the news. All you have are self made videos of Brad Holkesvig a recovering alcoholic with severe brain damage. : :

You haven't heard anything from my created existence because you simply weren't meant to believe it. Anyone can observe a visible body ( a heathen ) and condemn it.

Your created existence was a result of bad genes. That is why you ended up an alcoholic and mentally unstable.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 9:06:36 PM
At 4/11/2016 9:04:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Your created existence was a result of bad genes. That is why you ended up an alcoholic and mentally unstable. : :

The flesh is not my created existence. You have no way of knowing who I really am because you don't believe.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 9:12:34 PM
At 4/11/2016 9:06:36 PM, oneteacher wrote:

Your created existence was a result of bad genes. That is why you ended up an alcoholic and mentally unstable. : :

The flesh is not my created existence. You have no way of knowing who I really am because you don't believe.

I believed you when you said you were a eunuch and I believed you when you said you became a homeless beggar after your son kicked you out of his house. You made a believer out of me, Brad Holkesvig.
oneteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 9:14:53 PM
At 4/11/2016 9:12:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/11/2016 9:06:36 PM, oneteacher wrote:

I believed you when you said you were a eunuch and I believed you when you said you became a homeless beggar after your son kicked you out of his house. You made a believer out of me, Brad Holkesvig. : :

You can only believe in what you observe and experience with your created senses. There is much more to Me than you will ever know.