Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 10:08:40 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Bible is fiction.

That's all.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 10:28:58 AM
At 4/12/2016 10:08:40 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

A man called Jesus probably existed and came to public attention, but I suspect most of what is claimed for him is fiction.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 10:56:43 AM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Let's just say if he existed. And his creator.
Your trips to the mental wards that you have been doing lately would not be needed.
I mean he would of made you normal, but he didn't did he ?
You will turn agnostic 1 day soon. Then reach the highest level in truth and become a Atheist, and there in that state. Life will become clearer. You will become stronger. And you will have a mind of your very own.
It's beautiful
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:05:56 AM
If you believe what the gospel of John says, it's very clear that Jesus was not "just" a man who walked around 2000 years ago. Jesus was here from the very beginning, is still here, and people don't recognize.

It is written, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

That is right, there is absolutely nothing in creation that has independent existence from God's word. If you don't accept these premises, you aren't really hearing what is being said.

There is a huge difference between worshiping a man as God and saying that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. Indeed, if you don't believe the later, you deny all the prophets. That might not be an issue to someone who never respected the prophets to begin with, but it's the truth.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:21:22 AM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

You must have missed the early writings of his critics such as Josephus.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:35:00 AM
At 4/12/2016 11:21:22 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 12:47:21 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:35:00 AM, desmac wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

And the easiest way I know is because He coomunicates with me and answers prayers that seem unanswerable. Atheists don't try to communicate with Him, nor do they seek to know Him. They claim they want to "see Him". It's been done before over and over. Seeing someone does not change the heart, cause you to be loyal to them, nor does it make you love them. How can love God, whom you cannot see, when there are people around everywhere whom you cansee that you do not love?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 12:50:21 PM
At 4/12/2016 12:47:21 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

And the easiest way I know is because He coomunicates with me and answers prayers that seem unanswerable. Atheists don't try to communicate with Him, nor do they seek to know Him. They claim they want to "see Him". It's been done before over and over. Seeing someone does not change the heart, cause you to be loyal to them, nor does it make you love them. How can love God, whom you cannot see, when there are people around everywhere whom you cansee that you do not love?

Lots of people hear voices in their heads , it is not proof of gods.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:05:46 PM
At 4/12/2016 10:56:43 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
You will turn agnostic 1 day soon.

I find it really funny : how you use 1 in a sentence.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:19:46 PM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Plenty of people claimed to have known and seen Jesus. The Bible is a compilation of many books. Would you feel better if we seperated thm into seperate books and letters from one another?

And then the Gnostic gospels, which are not in the Bible are witnesses to him. The fact Christianity existed at all testifies that He existed. Josephus speaks of Him, as do many other secular sources. There is actually more evidence that He existed than most all other historical figures.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:22:28 PM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Why no "unicorns never existed" thread? Because you are worried that God might exist. Unicorns do not bother you, but God? Oh yeah. You are trying to convince yourself. You will eventually stand before Him. "I didn't want you to exist." would be the wrong answer.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:26:39 PM
At 4/12/2016 12:50:21 PM, desmac wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

Lots of people hear voices in their heads , it is not proof of gods.

He shows Himself to you beyond doubt, but not until you need no "proof". Jesus Himself told of this. There are no signs to those who seek one. Signs come to those who do not seek one. You are chasing your tail in rebellion against His own words lokking for things out of sequential order. You do not see evidence of Him then change the heart. You change the heart, and only then will you ever see Him.

Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 2:46:59 PM
At 4/12/2016 2:22:28 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Why no "unicorns never existed" thread? Because you are worried that God might exist. Unicorns do not bother you, but God? Oh yeah. You are trying to convince yourself. You will eventually stand before Him. "I didn't want you to exist." would be the wrong answer.

I am a Hindu.

I am Not an atheist.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:01:18 PM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

How do you explain the fact that when I was a 'born again' Christian as a child and desperately needed Jesus to be there for me, I NEVER once had a sense of his presence. I therefore drew the obvious conclusion, once dead he stayed dead.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:01:21 PM
"Unless you see signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."
(John 4:48)

"Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah." Then Jesus left them and went away."
(Matthew 16:4)

But when people had faith He showed all kinds of signs. Faith comes first. Signs only will be shown once faith exists. If you simply "need a sign", you will never see and never find.

I've seen the signs, but it is because my heart is with Him. I saw no sign until I had faith. Without it, nothing is ever shown. Nothing is ever found. Only silence.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:05:05 PM
At 4/12/2016 3:01:18 PM, tarantula wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

How do you explain the fact that when I was a 'born again' Christian as a child and desperately needed Jesus to be there for me, I NEVER once had a sense of his presence. I therefore drew the obvious conclusion, once dead he stayed dead.

Everyone's faith is tested. Even Christ did not "sense God's presence" while on the cross for a time. He gave a parabel about seeds. Some are planted deeper than others. If you truely have faith, and come to Him pure in heart, you will find Him.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:04:30 PM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

That was the time of your testing. Everyone goes through it. Some let go. Some continue a short space. And some hold on to Him no matter what as Jacob did. He would not let go until He received something from God. It sounds like you let go too soon. Here are the verses explaining on below

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:05:01 PM
(Mark 4:3)
"A farmer went out to sow his seed."

(Mark 4:4)
"As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up."

(Mark 4:5)
"Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow."

(Mark 4:6)
"But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root."

(Mark 4:7)
"Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain."

(Mark 4:8)
"Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times."

(Mark 4:11)
"He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables."

"Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them."
(Mark 4:15)

"Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy."
(Mark 4:16)

"But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away."
(Mark 4:17)

"Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word;"
(Mark 4:18)

"but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful."
(Mark 4:19)

"Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop--some thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times what was sown."
(Mark 4:20)

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:07:38 PM
If a tree will not bare fruit it is no longer watered and is cut down.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:10:40 PM
At 4/12/2016 4:07:38 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
If a tree will not bare fruit it is no longer watered and is cut down.

Is it you or the bible that can't spell, Bronty?
Bear fruit.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:11:17 PM
Job was completely destroyed, but he held onto God no matter what. You hang on in the dark. Only then does He hang on in the light.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:18:16 PM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

It's time to come back. God loves those who stick with Him through all hell, darkness, and disappointment. God also loves those who return. Time is running out. If He has 100, and 1 falls away, He will go and find the one. The Shepherd is calling you back.

tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 4:48:51 PM
At 4/12/2016 3:05:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

Everyone's faith is tested. Even Christ did not "sense God's presence" while on the cross for a time. He gave a parabel about seeds. Some are planted deeper than others. If you truely have faith, and come to Him pure in heart, you will find Him.

Garbage! If it Jesus couldn't come through for a child, either he didn't give a damn or more likely was long dead!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 5:21:16 PM
At 4/12/2016 4:48:51 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/12/2016 3:05:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Who never saw jesus.

Garbage! If it Jesus couldn't come through for a child, either he didn't give a damn or more likely was long dead!

Losing things is a part of life. He gives them back to those who persevere whether in this life or the one to come.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 7:48:47 PM
At 4/12/2016 10:28:58 AM, tarantula wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

A man called Jesus probably existed and came to public attention, but I suspect most of what is claimed for him is fiction.

Every single person in the Bible who was close to God lost much, faced trial, faced persecution, and gave up much. They were faithful even unto death. The Christians in the Middle East are being literally beheaded (as the Bible foretold). They were faithful to God to the end, to the bitter end, to any end.

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 8:03:40 PM
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

I agree that Jesus never existed, and the Bible is fiction. But it has seeds of truth.

For instance, Jesus' 33 years is a representation of the 33 vertebrae of the human spine and kundalini, and his death and resurrection is representative of ego death.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:52:10 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:05:56 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you believe what the gospel of John says, it's very clear that Jesus was not "just" a man who walked around 2000 years ago. Jesus was here from the very beginning, is still here, and people don't recognize.

Why should anyone believe what 'John' plagiarized from Hellenic sources to apply to his god-man?

It is written, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

A concept borrowed from the pagan Greeks, the Logos, and not original to Christianity.

That is right, there is absolutely nothing in creation that has independent existence from God's word. If you don't accept these premises, you aren't really hearing what is being said.

How about we hear what is being said but still don't accept these premises since they are completely unsubstantiated?

There is a huge difference between worshiping a man as God and saying that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. Indeed, if you don't believe the later, you deny all the prophets. That might not be an issue to someone who never respected the prophets to begin with, but it's the truth.

How can you know that? What methodology do you employ to verify what is true and what is false? Blind faith is not a methodology.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 5:15:10 AM
At 4/12/2016 7:48:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Every single person in the Bible who was close to God lost much, faced trial, faced persecution, and gave up much.

SOMEWHAT LIKE THOSE CLOSE TO Shri Krishna LOST MUCH..

http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com...

THE WORD CHRISTIANITY IS DERIVED FROM KRISHNA NEETI.

THE WORD VATICAN IS DERIVED FROM VAATIKA.

THE WORD MAN IS DERIVED FROM MANU.

Don't make me say more.

Christians are not ready for the naked truth.

They were faithful even unto death. The Christians in the Middle East are being literally beheaded (as the Bible foretold). They were faithful to God to the end, to the bitter end, to any end.
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 5:20:17 AM
At 4/12/2016 7:48:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Bible is fiction.

That's all.

Every single person in the Bible who was close to God lost much, faced trial, faced persecution, and gave up much.

SOMEWHAT LIKE THOSE CLOSE TO Shri Krishna LOST MUCH..

http://www.bhagavadgitausa.com...

THE WORD CHRISTIANITY IS DERIVED FROM KRISHNA NEETI.

THE WORD VATICAN IS DERIVED FROM VAATIKA.

http://www.indiadivine.org...

THE WORD MAN IS DERIVED FROM MANU.

Don't make me say more.

Christians are not ready for the naked truth.

They were faithful even unto death. The Christians in the Middle East are being literally beheaded (as the Bible foretold). They were faithful to God to the end, to the bitter end, to any end.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 5:45:04 AM
Notice that it's called the "catholic" church?

The word "catholic" means universal.

Look, you can't steal truth. The truth has been the truth from the very beginning. If you really understand the mysteries, you wouldn't claim that Christianity is plagiarizing them.

The Catholic faith is filled with the occult. The fact of the matter is, not everyone is meant to understand why things are done. There is very good reason for all of it though, and it is necessary.

The spirit of the law gives life, the letter of the law kills. Stop worshiping created things, God is uncreated. Gnosticism is a heresy for good reason, it's not edifying to the church. There is absolutely no charity in it.

Quit feeling so threatened. God sent prophets to all nations. Ever hear of the tower of babel? It's confused language. There is a communion of the saints, and the saints do not divide themselves into denominations. The saints are in submission to God, The Ultimate Reality. The saints are the illuminated, the enlightened, and you will find them in every culture.

Besides, I really like the Upanishads.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,