Jump to topic:

Christians

johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:05:49 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
There's something wrong with this bible verse?

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.

John 14:16

Jesus is so willing to offer himself as a sacrifice in exchange to deliver people from the clutches of the evil one, When the cry is, Jesus loves you and if you don't accept you will perish, that sounds a bit narcissistic to me, especially as it's a fact that a huge percentage of the population belong to different belief systems, the quote above automatically exempts people of other faiths access to God, unless one goes via Jesus, all thier prayers and communications and expressions of the hearts of the Muslim or Hindus or whatever religion, they are just empty wishes,

Why

Because you have to channel whatever prayers you want to say to God, through Jesus, otherwise, you can't get them to him or you can't get to God.

As if people of other faiths are not capable of praying or that God the father refuses to listen to your genuine and sincere pleas, but on the other hand you can be forgiven of everything including the most horrific and diabolical crimes against humanity, only if you sincerely accept Jesus and ask him to ask God in your favour for forgiveness.

This is absurd

And if you are one of the vast majority of the population who belongs to a different faith other than Christianity, this is beyond forgiveness, and you are not allowed access to the father.

This to me is the most ridiculous and outrageous and insulting part about Christianity.

All you have to do is accept Jesus to get to God, lol, talk about Jesus trying to steal Gods thunder. And yet Jesus is supposed to forgive everything, but if you happen to grow up in a part of the world where Islam is the more dominant religion, then sorry kiddo, your a5s is going to hell,

I could have forgiven you for killing and torturing people and all you have to do is ask and I'll tell
my father to let it slide and I'll save your soul from eternal torment, but your a Muslim and I can't stand those, sorry off to hell you go. Shame you couldn't get to know me because I'm a really nice guy. But now it's your time to burn along with 100s of billions of others.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:12:02 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:05:49 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.

Jesus is so willing to offer himself as a sacrifice in exchange to deliver people from the clutches of the evil one, When the cry is, Jesus loves you and if you don't accept you will perish, that sounds a bit narcissistic to me, especially as it's a fact that a huge percentage of the population belong to different belief systems, the quote above automatically exempts people of other faiths access to God, unless one goes via Jesus, all thier prayers and communications and expressions of the hearts of the Muslim or Hindus or whatever religion, they are just empty wishes,

Why

Because you have to channel whatever prayers you want to say to God, through Jesus, otherwise, you can't get them to him or you can't get to God.

As if people of other faiths are not capable of praying or that God the father refuses to listen to your genuine and sincere pleas, but on the other hand you can be forgiven of everything including the most horrific and diabolical crimes against humanity, only if you sincerely accept Jesus and ask him to ask God in your favour for forgiveness.

This is absurd

And if you are one of the vast majority of the population who belongs to a different faith other than Christianity, this is beyond forgiveness, and you are not allowed access to the father.

This to me is the most ridiculous and outrageous and insulting part about Christianity.

All you have to do is accept Jesus to get to God, lol, talk about Jesus trying to steal Gods thunder. And yet Jesus is supposed to forgive everything, but if you happen to grow up in a part of the world where Islam is the more dominant religion, then sorry kiddo, your a5s is going to hell,

I could have forgiven you for killing and torturing people and all you have to do is ask and I'll tell
my father to let it slide and I'll save your soul from eternal torment, but your a Muslim and I can't stand those, sorry off to hell you go. Shame you couldn't get to know me because I'm a really nice guy. But now it's your time to burn along with 100s of billions of others.

Pretty sick religion, isn't it?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:26:37 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:12:02 PM, janesix wrote:

Why

This is absurd

No, I don't think it is, I just don't agree with mainstream interpretations on this verse and believe Jesus means the things he stood for and taught is the way and the truth and the life, and unless you adopt his way and his teachings, which are just basically what any mainstream religion teaches, such as virtues and ethics of peace and love and harmony, then no man gets to the father.

That makes sense to me, and more inline with the character of Jesus

But I haven't found a Christian to accept this yet.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:27:16 PM
One way to express the mystery of the trinity is, "Sincerity of faith, charity, and a constant struggle towards heart purification is the way to love and worship God as human, through human, in human."
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:31:38 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:26:37 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Why

This is absurd

No, I don't think it is, I just don't agree with mainstream interpretations on this verse and believe Jesus means the things he stood for and taught is the way and the truth and the life, and unless you adopt his way and his teachings, which are just basically what any mainstream religion teaches, such as virtues and ethics of peace and love and harmony, then no man gets to the father.

The Bible clearly says, and Jesus clearly says, you must believe in Jesus and accept His salvation or you are going to Hell. There's no way around it, no matter how lovey-dovey you want it to be. It isn't. It's harsh and horrible.

That makes sense to me, and more inline with the character of Jesus

But I haven't found a Christian to accept this yet.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:34:45 PM
Many people have heard of Jesus, but do they know Jesus?

The Way, The Truth, The Life.

These are names of God. The Holiest of names... well..

When God is speaking to you, he would say "I am that I am".

God literally is what God is. God IS.

Theism is about THE IS.

Get it?
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:34:56 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:27:16 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
One way to express the mystery of the trinity is, "Sincerity of faith, charity, and a constant struggle towards heart purification is the way to love and worship God as human, through human, in human."

That's all very well and I'm inclined to agree personally, but if you mean trinity as in the biblical trinity, then are you implying another of pleasing another aspect of the trinity? What exactly are you implying.

My Op is trying to address why everyone who doesn't approach God the father without going through Jesus, has no chance of getting there.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:46:07 PM
See post #6
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:51:15 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:31:38 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/12/2016 11:26:37 PM, johnlubba wrote:

Why

This is absurd

The Bible clearly says, and Jesus clearly says, you must believe in Jesus and accept His salvation or you are going to Hell. There's no way around it, no matter how lovey-dovey you want it to be. It isn't. It's harsh and horrible.

Jesus also said,

Neither shall they say, here it is! or, there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke 17:21
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:52:39 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:34:45 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

Theism is about THE IS.

Get it?

No I don't get it.
Is it more of the same fake mystic nonsense you've been spouting in all the other threads you've responded to?
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:53:51 PM
At 4/12/2016 11:34:45 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

I get this.

Theism is about THE IS.

Get it?

Hmm
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:55:56 PM
Theology would be "Study of The Is"

Or that would be another way of putting it.