Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why did God create evil?

janesix
Posts: 3,441
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 12:07:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
God created everything. Why did God create at all? That's a big part of what God does. It is what it is. Really, it's a mystery.

"Why" is inherently a very difficult question to address.

Try this thought experiment.

Sit down and think of every single thing that led up the exact moment that you find yourself experiencing. Trace the line causality back as far as you can.

After you are exhausted doing this, take a momentary rest and do the experiment again.

That might help reveal something about the question.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 12:43:01 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

Free will
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Posts: 3,441
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 12:52:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 12:43:01 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

Free will

Please explain what you mean. How is "free will" an answer to "why did God create evil"?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:04:54 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 12:52:19 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 12:43:01 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

Free will

Please explain what you mean. How is "free will" an answer to "why did God create evil"?

Here ya go.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Posts: 3,441
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:11:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

People can choose God or not. If He made them obey Him, His creation would be artificial and probably not very gratifying to Him. When someone loves you and doesn't have to, it is special. I'm sure it is the same with God.

But at the end of the day, with man's rebellionagainst Him, only His mercy will save. To those who turn from Him, they declare their iniquity finding themselves "good" without being "good". They turn against Him, do wicked, and despite His offer of a way of reconciliation, they reject Him still. Then they do not want justice served upon them. At the end of the day it will not matter. God is in conyrol. This is His.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:16:00 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Why did God create evil?

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

Some are spoons, bowls, tools, etc and He uses their wickedness to serve His purpose as He wills. Others are the art that He Himself painted before the world began. He put the light next to the darkness establishing and defining the light giving it glory and worth.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving. He let the first humans do what they wanted as long as they did not do one thing. They chose to disobey when they had everything. He then sent a perfect example and reconciler as an offering and gift to man. They rejected even that and declared themselves "righteous". I see Atheists on here constantly saying things like,"Hey, we are as "good" as Christians." We are just looking at them blankly. Why? We know we are sinners. It is they who do not. We accept His reconciliation and gift to us. We accept and humble ourselves before Him because of our imperfections. Atheists declare their "goodness" and reject Him and then reject his gift offering. He gives them literally everything they have asked for. I don't want what I deserve for my shortcomings.. The Atheist simply puts their hands on their hips and arrogantly declares "I'm as good as the Christians" while we are bowed before Him grateful for His mercy. No one is good. Not Christians, but no one. We have simply humbled ourselves before His grace and mercy, reconciling ourselves to Him, not by our own righteousness, but by looking to His righteousness with thanks, humility, and love for Him because He loved us enough to forget and bring us to Himself through a gift.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Posts: 3,441
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:35:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving. He let the first humans do what they wanted as long as they did not do one thing. They chose to disobey when they had everything. He then sent a perfect example and reconciler as an offering and gift to man. They rejected even that and declared themselves "righteous". I see Atheists on here constantly saying things like,"Hey, we are as "good" as Christians." We are just looking at them blankly. Why? We know we are sinners. It is they who do not. We accept His reconciliation and gift to us. We accept and humble ourselves before Him because of our imperfections. Atheists declare their "goodness" and reject Him and then reject his gift offering. He gives them literally everything they have asked for. I don't want what I deserve for my shortcomings.. The Atheist simply puts their hands on their hips and arrogantly declares "I'm as good as the Christians" while we are bowed before Him grateful for His mercy. No one is good. Not Christians, but no one. We have simply humbled ourselves before His grace and mercy, reconciling ourselves to Him, not by our own righteousness, but by looking to His righteousness with thanks, humility, and love for Him because He loved us enough to forget and bring us to Himself through a gift.

Instead of being "humble" why don't you put in the effort to better yourself? I would rather face judgement for my faults and be responsible for them than have them all whiped away and forgiven when I don't deserve it.
uncung
Posts: 3,433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 1:46:49 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

Since God is the great Creator then it is logic that He created also the evil. Some religious people try hard to defend the goodness of God by opposing the concept of the creation of evil by the good God.
But they forget that God also creates many inconvenient things not merely evil things.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:11:38 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 1:35:11 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving. He let the first humans do what they wanted as long as they did not do one thing. They chose to disobey when they had everything. He then sent a perfect example and reconciler as an offering and gift to man. They rejected even that and declared themselves "righteous". I see Atheists on here constantly saying things like,"Hey, we are as "good" as Christians." We are just looking at them blankly. Why? We know we are sinners. It is they who do not. We accept His reconciliation and gift to us. We accept and humble ourselves before Him because of our imperfections. Atheists declare their "goodness" and reject Him and then reject his gift offering. He gives them literally everything they have asked for. I don't want what I deserve for my shortcomings.. The Atheist simply puts their hands on their hips and arrogantly declares "I'm as good as the Christians" while we are bowed before Him grateful for His mercy. No one is good. Not Christians, but no one. We have simply humbled ourselves before His grace and mercy, reconciling ourselves to Him, not by our own righteousness, but by looking to His righteousness with thanks, humility, and love for Him because He loved us enough to forget and bring us to Himself through a gift.

Instead of being "humble" why don't you put in the effort to better yourself? I would rather face judgement for my faults and be responsible for them than have them all whiped away and forgiven when I don't deserve it.

No one deserves it. None. Zero.

Face judgement for my faults? Not me. Think of every bad thing you've ever thought or done, even if in secret. Now you walk into a room filled with witnesses and people you know. Now a big brother-like version of your whole life begins to play. Now we get to a place where your action was not so "good", perhaps even embarassing. Do you want the recording of your life to just keep rolling for all to see, or might you wish to ask the judge if there's any way to skip the shameful parts? I'm asking for those not so glamerous parts to be forgotten and forgiven. And because He doees, it draws me closer to Him. I love God. Why? He forgave me, even the not so wonderful parts of the past. He stuck with me. He was faithful. And no matter what. He offered me a gift. I accepted it, and loved Him even more. He taught me to love. He ,aught me to forgive. He taught me to look to Him and grow strength through Him. He lived for me and died to show us what that love looks like. Without the cross I cannot even comprehend that kind of love, that He loves me somuch that He'd step down, pick up what I couldn't lift, take on my pain and wrongness and overcome it with forgiveness, love, even to the point of death on a cross.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:14:13 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 1:35:11 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving. He let the first humans do what they wanted as long as they did not do one thing. They chose to disobey when they had everything. He then sent a perfect example and reconciler as an offering and gift to man. They rejected even that and declared themselves "righteous". I see Atheists on here constantly saying things like,"Hey, we are as "good" as Christians." We are just looking at them blankly. Why? We know we are sinners. It is they who do not. We accept His reconciliation and gift to us. We accept and humble ourselves before Him because of our imperfections. Atheists declare their "goodness" and reject Him and then reject his gift offering. He gives them literally everything they have asked for. I don't want what I deserve for my shortcomings.. The Atheist simply puts their hands on their hips and arrogantly declares "I'm as good as the Christians" while we are bowed before Him grateful for His mercy. No one is good. Not Christians, but no one. We have simply humbled ourselves before His grace and mercy, reconciling ourselves to Him, not by our own righteousness, but by looking to His righteousness with thanks, humility, and love for Him because He loved us enough to forget and bring us to Himself through a gift.

Instead of being "humble" why don't you put in the effort to better yourself? I would rather face judgement for my faults and be responsible for them than have them all whiped away and forgiven when I don't deserve it.

I'm in a constant state of bettering myself. I do it for Him as is my duty to do, but not to provemyself "righteous" or "good", nor to save myself. He is my salvation alone.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:20:18 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Let there be light" the "Neccessary Singularity"

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Posts: 3,441
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:20:34 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 2:11:38 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:35:11 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving. He let the first humans do what they wanted as long as they did not do one thing. They chose to disobey when they had everything. He then sent a perfect example and reconciler as an offering and gift to man. They rejected even that and declared themselves "righteous". I see Atheists on here constantly saying things like,"Hey, we are as "good" as Christians." We are just looking at them blankly. Why? We know we are sinners. It is they who do not. We accept His reconciliation and gift to us. We accept and humble ourselves before Him because of our imperfections. Atheists declare their "goodness" and reject Him and then reject his gift offering. He gives them literally everything they have asked for. I don't want what I deserve for my shortcomings.. The Atheist simply puts their hands on their hips and arrogantly declares "I'm as good as the Christians" while we are bowed before Him grateful for His mercy. No one is good. Not Christians, but no one. We have simply humbled ourselves before His grace and mercy, reconciling ourselves to Him, not by our own righteousness, but by looking to His righteousness with thanks, humility, and love for Him because He loved us enough to forget and bring us to Himself through a gift.

Instead of being "humble" why don't you put in the effort to better yourself? I would rather face judgement for my faults and be responsible for them than have them all whiped away and forgiven when I don't deserve it.

No one deserves it. None. Zero.

Face judgement for my faults? Not me. Think of every bad thing you've ever thought or done, even if in secret. Now you walk into a room filled with witnesses and people you know. Now a big brother-like version of your whole life begins to play. Now we get to a place where your action was not so "good", perhaps even embarassing. Do you want the recording of your life to just keep rolling for all to see, or might you wish to ask the judge if there's any way to skip the shameful parts? I'm asking for those not so glamerous parts to be forgotten and forgiven. And because He doees, it draws me closer to Him. I love God. Why? He forgave me, even the not so wonderful parts of the past. He stuck with me. He was faithful. And no matter what. He offered me a gift. I accepted it, and loved Him even more. He taught me to love. He ,aught me to forgive. He taught me to look to Him and grow strength through Him. He lived for me and died to show us what that love looks like. Without the cross I cannot even comprehend that kind of love, that He loves me somuch that He'd step down, pick up what I couldn't lift, take on my pain and wrongness and overcome it with forgiveness, love, even to the point of death on a cross.
I didnt suggest other people would be there when you faced judgement.only god. Wouldnt you want god to hold up in front of you all you have done wrong?maybe there are things you didnt even realise about yourself.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:27:25 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
The video above is from the perspective of the future telling us why things were as they are.

Revelation 1:6
"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen"

(Psalms 82:6)
"I say, 'You are gods; you are all children of the Most High."

Looks like evil exists to get us prepared for something beyond comprehension.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:34:19 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 2:20:34 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 2:11:38 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:35:11 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:08:29 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 1:05:18 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
"So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

"It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
(Romans 9:16)

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."
(Romans 9:18)

"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?"
(Romans 9:21)

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--
(Romans 9:23)

"and, "In the very place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' there they will be called 'children of the living God.'"
(Romans 9:26)

"What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;"
(Romans 9:30)

"Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone."
(Romans 9:32)

*

"Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness."
(Romans 10:3)

"For they don't understand God's way of making people right with himself. Refusing to accept God's way, they cling to their own way of getting right with God by trying to keep the law."

*

"Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes."
(Romans 10:4)

*

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
(Romans 10:6)

But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down),

*

"But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim."
(Romans 10:8)

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)

"As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."
(Romans 10:11)

"For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,"
(Romans 10:12)

"for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
(Romans 10:13)

None of that has to do with why God created evil. Was He just having a bad day?

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving. He let the first humans do what they wanted as long as they did not do one thing. They chose to disobey when they had everything. He then sent a perfect example and reconciler as an offering and gift to man. They rejected even that and declared themselves "righteous". I see Atheists on here constantly saying things like,"Hey, we are as "good" as Christians." We are just looking at them blankly. Why? We know we are sinners. It is they who do not. We accept His reconciliation and gift to us. We accept and humble ourselves before Him because of our imperfections. Atheists declare their "goodness" and reject Him and then reject his gift offering. He gives them literally everything they have asked for. I don't want what I deserve for my shortcomings.. The Atheist simply puts their hands on their hips and arrogantly declares "I'm as good as the Christians" while we are bowed before Him grateful for His mercy. No one is good. Not Christians, but no one. We have simply humbled ourselves before His grace and mercy, reconciling ourselves to Him, not by our own righteousness, but by looking to His righteousness with thanks, humility, and love for Him because He loved us enough to forget and bring us to Himself through a gift.

Instead of being "humble" why don't you put in the effort to better yourself? I would rather face judgement for my faults and be responsible for them than have them all whiped away and forgiven when I don't deserve it.

No one deserves it. None. Zero.

Face judgement for my faults? Not me. Think of every bad thing you've ever thought or done, even if in secret. Now you walk into a room filled with witnesses and people you know. Now a big brother-like version of your whole life begins to play. Now we get to a place where your action was not so "good", perhaps even embarassing. Do you want the recording of your life to just keep rolling for all to see, or might you wish to ask the judge if there's any way to skip the shameful parts? I'm asking for those not so glamerous parts to be forgotten and forgiven. And because He doees, it draws me closer to Him. I love God. Why? He forgave me, even the not so wonderful parts of the past. He stuck with me. He was faithful. And no matter what. He offered me a gift. I accepted it, and loved Him even more. He taught me to love. He ,aught me to forgive. He taught me to look to Him and grow strength through Him. He lived for me and died to show us what that love looks like. Without the cross I cannot even comprehend that kind of love, that He loves me somuch that He'd step down, pick up what I couldn't lift, take on my pain and wrongness and overcome it with forgiveness, love, even to the point of death on a cross.
I didnt suggest other people would be there when you faced judgement.only god. Wouldnt you want god to hold up in front of you all you have done wrong?maybe there are things you didnt even realise about yourself.

I don't think I am convinced that anyone would honestly want their sins manifested over and over in rapid fire at us as we are devoured with shame, and resentment for having asked for help and forgiveness, yet having our past faults, even ones we changed the behavior on tossed in our face repeatedly. If a human did it to you, I don't think you would consider it cool or enlightening. I think you'd view it as damning condemnation, lacking love, mercy, or forgiveness. And if God forgives the wrongs of the past must disappear. This is what sustains our love for Him, in that He let it go. This would be an admirable quality if He were any regular person walking around.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 2:47:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, it is said this is when the fall of man occurred.

Though we indeed have knowledge of good and evil, we are not the perfect judges of it. We are perceptually lacking. God is the just judge.

God, despite being omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, and perfect in every way, is very other from creation. God cannot be fully grasped. What we have to work with is our relationship with God. Because we were endowed with the knowledge of good and evil, we are capable of going by the way of correction.

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 9:01:29 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

For the same reason Mother Nature did.
Maybe to have some fun and give people choices between opposites?
tarantula
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 9:25:15 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

If it exists and created everything, it created evil as it is a very sick psycho and enjoys human suffering.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 9:27:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

The only religion that answers this one directly is Islam... there r many reasons why God created Evil but here few...

1 ----- test. for example..

. And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient
(2:155)

Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such (trial) has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until (even their) messenger and those who believed with him said, "When is the help of Allah?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near.
(2:214)

And it is He who has made you successors upon the earth and has raised some of you above others in degrees (of rank) that He may try you through what He has given you. Indeed, your Lord is swift in penalty; but indeed, He is Forgiving and Merciful.
(6:165)

Your wealth and your children are but a trial, and Allah has with Him a great reward.
(64:15)

... here the full explanation why and how. http://www.detailedquran.com...

2----- God knows what is best for u... 2:156
Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

for example i want some job but didnt get it. perhaps its better that way and i will find a better job. the importent thing is the end goal.

3---- Gods punishment as a result of our sins and bad actions.
4---- the more a person strong in faith, God will give him a hard tests in this life and versa.
5--- expiations of sins.
Never fart near dog
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 10:00:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 1:28:07 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

You must understand how many chances God has given and is giving.

ALL alleged Supernatural God(s) are 100% human devised!

Hence they don't literally exist , ergo they can & do nothing!

&

IF you believe you have a freewill, then explain why you freely choose to remain a malignant sinner also in defiance of 1 John 3:6?
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 11:52:51 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

What verse is this?
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 12:10:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

According to me (as a rational muslim),
there is not evil, everything has bad and good in it.

For example, an earthquake:
A lot of people may die in an earthquake, but in fact, thanks to it, stress between tectonic layers is relaxed and prevented bigger disasters. A.S.O.

Besides, If there was not evil, humen's reason wouldn't understand good.
Because the reason comprehend anything by its opposite.
janesix
Posts: 3,441
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 7:12:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 11:52:51 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

What verse is this?

Isaiah 45:7
Osman35
Posts: 52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:07:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
The Twelfth Letter
In His Name, be He glorified!
And there is nothing but it glorifies Him with praise.(17:44)
Peace be upon you and upon your companions.
My Dear Brothers!
You asked me a question that night and I did not reply, because it is not
permissible to argue over questions of belief. Your discussion of them had turned into a dispute. For now I am writing very brief replies to your three questions, about which you were arguing. You will find the details in The Words; the chemist wrote down which. But it did not occur to me to mention the Twenty-Sixth Word, about divine determining and man"s faculty of will; have a look at that too, but don"t read it like a newspaper. The reason I advised the chemist to study of those Words is this: doubts about matters of that sort arise from weakness of belief in the pillars of faith. Those Words prove all of them.
FIRST QUESTION
What wisdom does it spring from, Adam (Upon whom be peace) being expelled from Paradise and some of mankind, the sons of Adam, being sent to Hell? What was the reason for it?
The Answer: Thereasonforitconcernsthechargingofduties:theduty with which Adam was charged yielded such results as the unfolding of all human spiritual progress and the revealing of all human potentialities and man"s essential nature being a comprehensive mirror to all the divine names. If he had remained in Paradise, his rank would have been fixed like that of the angels; man"s potentialities would not have been disclosed. In any case, the angels, with their unchanging ranks, are numerous and there is no need for man to perform their sort of worship. Since divine wisdom required a realm of accountability commensurate with the potentialities of man, who would traverse infinite degrees, he was expelled from Paradise for his well- known sin, sin being the requirement of human nature and contrary to that of the angels. That is to say, just as it was pure wisdom and pure mercy that Adam should be expelled from Paradise, so is it just and right that the unbelievers should be sent to Hell.
As is mentioned in the Third Indication in the Tenth Word, the unbeliever only committed only one sin in his short life, but the sin comprised infinite wrongdoing. For unbelief is an insult to the whole universe; it negates the value of all beings, it denies the testimony to divine unity of all creatures, and is contempt towards the divine names, the manifestations of which are to be seen in the mirrors of beings. Therefore, in order to avenge the rights of beings on the unbeliever, their monarch, the All-Compelling One of Glory, casts the unbelievers into Hell, and this is pure right and justice. For an infinite crime demands infinite punishment.
SECOND QUESTION
Why are devils created? Almighty God created Satan and evil; what is the wisdom in it? Isn"t the creation of evil, evil, and the creation of bad, bad?
The Answer: Godforbid,thecreationofevilisnotevil,theacquisitionof (kesb) or desire for evil, is evil. For creation and bringing into existence look to all the consequences, whereas such a desire looks to a particular result, since it is a particular relation. For example, there are thousands of consequences of rain falling, and all of them are good. If due to misuse of their wills some people receive harm from the rain, they cannot say that the creation of rain is not mercy or that it is evil. For it is evil for them due to their mischoice and inclinations. Also, there are numerous benefits in the creation of fire and all of them are good. But if some people are harmed by fire due to their misuse of it and their wills, they cannot say that the creation of fire is evil; because it was not only created to burn them. Rather, they made a wrong choice and thrust their hands into the fire while cooking the food, and made that servant inimical to themselves.
In Short: A lesser evil is acceptable for a greater good. If an evil which will lead to a greater good is abandoned so that a lesser evil should not occur, a greater evil will have been perpetrated. For example, there are certainly some minor material and physical harms and evils in sending soldiers to fight a jihad, but the jihad leads to a greater good whereby Islam is saved from being conquered by infidels. If the jihad is abandoned due to those lesser evils, the greater evil will come after the greater good has gone, and that is absolute wrong. Another example: to amputate a finger
which is infected with gangrene and has to be amputated is good and right, although it is apparently an evil. For if it is not amputated, the hand will be amputated and that would be a greater evil.
Thus, the creation and bringing into existence of evils, harms, tribulations, satans, and harmful things, is not evil and bad, for they are created for the many important results they yield. For example, satans have not been set to pester the angels, and the angels cannot progress; their degrees are fixed and deficient. However, in the world of humanity the degrees of progress and decline are infinite. There is an extremely long distance through which to progress, from the Nimrod"s and Pharaoh"s as far as the veracious saints and the prophets.
Thus, because of the creation of satans and the mystery of man"s accountability and the sending of prophets, an arena of trial and examination and striving and competition has been opened so that coal-like base spirits may be differentiated and separated out from diamond-like elevated spirits. If there had been no striving and competition, the potentialities in the mine of humanity, resembling diamonds and coal, would have remained equal. The spirit of Abu Bakr the Veracious at the highest of the high would have remained on a par with Abu Jahl at the lowest of the low. This means that since the creation of satans and evils looks to vast, universal results, it is not evil or bad. The evils and instances of bad that arise from abuses and the particular causes known as man"s acquisition pertain to his voluntary actions not to divine creation.
...source: risale-i nur collection
Osman35
Posts: 52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:12:42 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I f y o u a s k ? The majority of humanity become unbelievers due to the existence of Satan; they embrace unbelief and suffer harm, despite the sending of prophets. If, according to the rule "The majority has the word," the majority suffers evil as a result, then the creation of evil is evil and it may even be said that the sending of prophets is not a mercy. Isn"t that so?
T h e A n s w e r : Quantity has no importance in relation to quality. The true majority looks to quality. For example, if a date-palm has a hundred seeds and they are not planted in the earth and watered and so do not undergo a chemical reaction and manifest the struggle for life, they remain a hundred seeds worth virtually nothing. But if they are watered and are subject to the struggle for life, and then eighty out of the hundred rot due to their faulty make-up, but twenty become fruit- bearing trees, can you say that watering them was evil because most of them rotted? Of course you cannot say that, for the twenty have become twenty thousand. A person who loses eighty and gains twenty thousand suffers no loss, so it cannot be evil.
Another example: a peahen lays one hundred eggs and they are worth five hundred kurush. If the hen sits on the hundred eggs and eighty go bad
and twenty hatch into peacocks, can it be said that the loss was high and the affair, evil; that it was bad to put the broody hen on the eggs and an evil occurred? No, it was not thus, it was good. For the peacock species and egg family lost eighty eggs worth four hundred kurush, but gained twenty peacocks worth eighty liras.
Thus, through the sending of prophets and the mystery of man"s accountability, and through striving and fighting with satans, in return for the hundreds of thousands of prophets and millions of saints and thousands of millions of purified scholars they have gained, who are like the suns, moons, and stars of the world of humanity, mankind has lost the unbelievers and dissemblers, who are numerous in regard to quantity, insignificant in regard to quality, and like pernicious beasts.
THIRD QUESTION
Almighty God sends calamities and inflicts tribulations; isn"t this an injustice towards the innocent in particular, and animals even?
The Answer:Godforbid,sovereigntyisHis.HeholdsswayoverHis possessions as He wishes. Moreover, a skilful craftsman makes you a model in return for a wage and dresses you in a bejewelled garment that he has artistically fashioned. Then in order to display his art and skill, he shortens it and lengthens it, measures it and trims it, and he makes you sit down and stand up. Can you say to him: "You have made the garment that makes me beautiful ugly. You have caused me trouble, making me sit down and stand up."? Of course, you cannot say that. If you did, you would be crazy.
In just the same way, the All-Glorious Maker has clothed you in an artistically wrought being bejewelled with such faculties as the eye, the ear, and the tongue. To display the embroideries of various of His names, He makes you ill, He afflicts you with tribulations, He makes you hungry, He fills you, He makes you thirsty; He makes you revolve in states like these. To strengthen the essence of life and display the manifestation of His names He makes you pass through numerous such conditions. As is indicated in the comparison, if you ask: "Why do you inflict these calamities on me?" a hundred instances of wisdom will silence you. In any event, calm, repose, idleness, monotony, and arrest from motion are forms of non-existence, and harm. Motion and change are existence and good. Life finds its perfection through motion, it progresses by means of tribulations. Life performs various motions through the manifestation of the divine names; it is purified, finds strength; it unfolds and expands; it becomes a mobile pen to write its own appointed course; it performs its duty and acquires the right to receive reward in the hereafter.
Briefly, these are the answers to the three questions you were arguing over. Explanations of them are to be found in the thirty-three Words.
My Dear Brother!
Read this letter to the chemist and to any of those who heard the argument you deem suitable. And convey my greetings to my new student, the chemist, and tell him the following:
It is not permissible to have a heated discussion about subtle matters of belief like these in a social gathering. If it turns into an uncontrolled contest, while being a panacea it becomes poison. It is harmful for both those who speak and those who listen. It is permissible to discuss such matters moderately and fairly, exchanging ideas. And tell him that if doubts occur to him about matters of this sort and he cannot find the answer in The Words, he may write to me privately. And tell the chemist that it occurred to me that the dream he had about his late father might mean this: since his late father was a doctor, he may have helped some people who were close to God, and at the time of his death the spirits of those blessed people who were grateful to him were seen by the one closest to him, his son, in the form of birds. It occurred to me that they came to meet him with a sort of welcome and this would be intercession for his spirit.
I send greetings to all the friends who were together here that night, and I pray for them.
The Eternal One, He is the Eternal One! Said Nursi
...source: risale-i nur collection
The-Holy-Macrel
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 2:16:55 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/13/2016 7:12:12 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/13/2016 11:52:51 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

What verse is this?

Isaiah 45:7

Dank memes.

My new completely random curse.

Technically it was lucifer in heaven when he asked god for power and attacked his character.

But also just as technically god indirectly created evil.

Because of free will which is important for creation for a reason we can try to explain but not fully understand his.
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:44:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/12/2016 11:49:49 PM, janesix wrote:
" I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Why did God create evil?

He didn't.