Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

Natural Family Planning

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2016 11:31:35 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Many Christians, other religious and even some irreligious conservatives tend to say that sex should be performed for reproduction. This is, as far as I'm concerned, the reason to some Christians' opposition against birth control, that it "prevents life". It is also used against homosexual acts, that the non-reproduction in it makes it wrong (other factors are although included in the homo topic).

Then we have this one thing which is very much birth control, and preventing life, called Natural Family Planning. This is about calculating the "fertile window" of the woman, thus see when the woman is ovulating and then see when sex could be done unprotected without the woman becoming pregnant.

I have although not seen anyone saying this is wrong. NFP is very much birth control, and preventing life from being made. The chances of a woman becoming pregnant outside her ovulation is virtually zero. Thus even lower than the chance of a condom being ripped within the act.

There are also very good methods for calculating when a woman is ovulating, so any argument like "I didn't know about it" would be as logical as saying you didn't know about the speed limit or about some other law while being interrogated for it.

So exactly why isn't NFP considered wrong? Or is it the "artifical nature" of man made birth control that is wrong?