Total Posts:65|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Spiritually Discerned?

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?
tarantula
Posts: 862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 9:41:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

I think all humans are a product of evolution in which no deity was involved.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 11:39:22 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Shame you didn't quote the whole passage:

1 Corinthians 2:12-16
12 Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit that is from God, so that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we explain spiritual matters with spiritual words.
14 But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man. 16 For "who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?" But we do have the mind of Christ.




Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

All humans are natural. Spiritual discernment comes only from Jehovah via holy spirit.

However we can become spiritual with Jehovah's help.

Whilst it is open to all who wish to accept the terms and conditions, not all choose to.

Jehovah would love all to understand his word, but only if they are prepared to take it seriously and live by it.


How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

Spiritula discernment only comes, as I said above, and it is the only way of uinderstanding Jehvah's word properly.

As the Apostle said "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God".

The wisdom of this world is physical discernment which is natural to all humans in this spiritually bankrupt world.

The wisdom of God is what spiritual discernment, and my comments above apply.


What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Anyone who wishes to for good reason, is prepared to use what they are then given for the benefit of all mankind, in fact all of creation, and not for selfish gain, and are interested only in truth John 4:23-24.

In other words all can choose to qualify for it, you don't need to be special. That is brilliant news for such as me who couldn't be special if I tried.

One needs to remember that Jehovah is actively searching for ones who literally do not disqualify themselves, and the two most important scriptures in that regard are:

John 4:23, 24
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit,+ and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

and

1 Corinthians 1:26-30
26 For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way, not many powerful, not many of noble birth, 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world to put the strong things to shame; 28 and God chose the insignificant things of the world and the things looked down on, the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 so that no one might boast in the sight of God. 30 But it is due to him that you are in union with Christ Jesus, who has become to us wisdom from God, also righteousness and sanctification and release by ransom,

Therefore to be acceptable to Jehovah for the privilege of understanding his word you have to be the type who values truth above all else, and make sure you are amongst those Jehovah chooses in preference to those he does not, outlined above.

Those too confident of their own cleverness are definitely not welcome.
tarantula
Posts: 862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 12:49:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Those too confident of their own cleverness are definitely not welcome.

Is that why the nasty JW cult kicked you out, MCB?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 12:55:57 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 12:49:32 PM, tarantula wrote:
Those too confident of their own cleverness are definitely not welcome.

Is that why the nasty JW cult kicked you out, MCB?

No, I'm not clever, nor am I confident. That is why I can so easily rely on Jehovah. I know how much help I need from him.

Had I been slightly more clever than I am, and a lot stronger, I would not have been disfellowshipped.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 1:18:10 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
If you can read the Gospels, look out into the world, and see that Jesus is still performing all the miracles he did in the gospel, this is a sign of spiritual discernment.

When Jesus spoke and performed miracles, it wasn't really the man walking around doing these things. It was God doing this things through that man, as if he were than man. God still does these things, all the time.

One of the main pushes in Jesus' ministry was to get his disciples to understand the underlying spirit of things. This is one of the main reasons he spoke in parables.

The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Dogknox
Posts: 5,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 4:06:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Skyangel The "Unbaptized" is the Natural man, a child of Adam!
The Baptized is re-FORMED.. Formed from a child of Adam into a Child of God!

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

All are born of woman... Born corrupted because all of creation was corrupted by the sin of Adam!
Skyangel Jesus is the second Adam he is UNcorupted, all peoples "ADDED" to the body of Jesus are formed INTO his uncorrupted body!

Skyangel All "ADDED" to the body of Jesus call God father!

If NOT in the body of Jesus then God cannot be your father!
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 8:55:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?
All are natural.

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?
Spiritual discernment takes a different state of consciousness.

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?
Anyone.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 8:30:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 9:41:08 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

I think all humans are a product of evolution in which no deity was involved.

I think all humans are a product of the human reproduction process in which no deity was involved.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 9:04:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 11:39:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Shame you didn't quote the whole passage:

1 Corinthians 2:12-16
12 Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit that is from God, so that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we explain spiritual matters with spiritual words.
14 But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man. 16 For "who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?" But we do have the mind of Christ.

Interesting that your version says physical man as opposed to natural man.
Both the natural and spiritual aspect of humans is within the physical person. Therefore whoever translated the word as physical is in error and obviously has no understanding of the carnal vs spiritual concepts within men.
People who claim to be spiritual are also examined psychologically in the sense of being questioned and observed by other people.
Obviously spiritual things cannot be physically examined under a microscope since they are concepts of the heart and mind.




Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

All humans are natural. Spiritual discernment comes only from Jehovah via holy spirit.

Spiritual discernment comes from maturity when you gain knowledge and understanding of the abstract mental concepts and allegorical literature.

However we can become spiritual with Jehovah's help.

All deities with supernatural powers are mythical. You will never be spiritual till you understand that fact.

Whilst it is open to all who wish to accept the terms and conditions, not all choose to.

Any terms and conditions required by mythical characters were invented by humans.

Jehovah would love all to understand his word, but only if they are prepared to take it seriously and live by it.

Your opinion is noted.
If Jehovah was real and really wanted all to understand, he would give them understanding instead of letting them remain ignorant.
People all suffer the consequences of their choices whether they take life seriously or not.

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

Spiritula discernment only comes, as I said above, and it is the only way of uinderstanding Jehvah's word properly.

You are like a child who thinks all presents come only from Santa. You think you know all about where spiritual discernment comes from but you are mentally immature and still carnal as long as you worship your supernatural idol.

As the Apostle said "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God".

The wisdom of the world is the kind you display.

The wisdom of this world is physical discernment which is natural to all humans in this spiritually bankrupt world.

The difference between natural discernment and spiritual discernment is that the former is immature, carnal and has the mindset that some supernatural character is in charge of the universe, vs the latter which is mature, spiritual, and has the mindset that all gods are merely personifications of natural forces and no character is in charge of them any more than Mother Nature is in charge of Nature.
I hope you mature mentally one day and face the fact that all deities are human creations and merely personifications of natural principles.

The wisdom of God is what spiritual discernment, and my comments above apply.

Your comments apply carnal discernment which does not want to let go of supernatural idols or admit all deities are man made.


What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Anyone who wishes to for good reason, is prepared to use what they are then given for the benefit of all mankind, in fact all of creation, and not for selfish gain, and are interested only in truth John 4:23-24.

If you were interested in truth you would take me more seriously than you do since I am the truth.

In other words all can choose to qualify for it, you don't need to be special. That is brilliant news for such as me who couldn't be special if I tried.

Those are the words of a person who is putting on a facade of humility and in his heart thinks he is more special than anyone who does not believe in his invisible supernatural idol.

One needs to remember that Jehovah is actively searching for ones who literally do not disqualify themselves, and the two most important scriptures in that regard are:

You disqualify yourself with your hypocrisy by putting on a facade.

John 4:23, 24
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit,+ and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is not about worshipping an invisible supernatural idol. It is about living in TRUTH.

and

1 Corinthians 1:26-30
26 For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way, not many powerful, not many of noble birth, 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world to put the strong things to shame; 28 and God chose the insignificant things of the world and the things looked down on, the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 so that no one might boast in the sight of God. 30 But it is due to him that you are in union with Christ Jesus, who has become to us wisdom from God, also righteousness and sanctification and release by ransom,

Therefore to be acceptable to Jehovah for the privilege of understanding his word you have to be the type who values truth above all else, and make sure you are amongst those Jehovah chooses in preference to those he does not, outlined above.

Those too confident of their own cleverness are definitely not welcome.

I am the Truth.
How much do you value me?
Do you think the Truth is too confident of its own cleverness?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 9:09:52 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 1:18:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you can read the Gospels, look out into the world, and see that Jesus is still performing all the miracles he did in the gospel, this is a sign of spiritual discernment.

When Jesus spoke and performed miracles, it wasn't really the man walking around doing these things. It was God doing this things through that man, as if he were than man. God still does these things, all the time.

God is the same as Mother Nature who also does magnificent things with natural forces.
The characters are mythical but the forces are very real.

One of the main pushes in Jesus' ministry was to get his disciples to understand the underlying spirit of things. This is one of the main reasons he spoke in parables.

The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.

The spirit is the principle. It is not hard for mature adults to understand the concept that God is a personification of a principle. It seems a lot harder for immature people to understand the concept though.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 9:22:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 4:06:11 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Skyangel The "Unbaptized" is the Natural man, a child of Adam!
The Baptized is re-FORMED.. Formed from a child of Adam into a Child of God!

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
My opinion is that the carnal minded man is the natural man. The carnal mind is the immature mind.
The spiritual mind is the mature mind.
The difference between the carnal and spiritual is simply that one is immature and the other mature . It has nothing to do with baptism.

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Baptism is merely a symbol of spiritual death in the sense of dying to immaturity or the carnal minded ways.

All are born of woman... Born corrupted because all of creation was corrupted by the sin of Adam!

You have been corrupted by the false doctrines of religion which convinced you that you were born sinful.

Skyangel Jesus is the second Adam he is UNcorupted, all peoples "ADDED" to the body of Jesus are formed INTO his uncorrupted body!

Feel free to live in your fantasy. If you were formed into some uncorrupted body you would not continue to sin but you do still sin so you are not part of an uncorrupted body. You may continue to fool yourself as much as you want.

Skyangel All "ADDED" to the body of Jesus call God father!

If NOT in the body of Jesus then God cannot be your father!

If you are in the body of Jesus you CANNOT sin. 1 John 3:9
Do you still sin ?
The Pharisees in the bible stories called God their father but they were lying to themselves the same as you are. Jesus told them their father was the devil. John 8:44.
Your father is also the devil if you think you are in an uncorrupted body and you continue to sin since your sin corrupts the body.
Wake up to yourself and stop sinning.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 9:26:17 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 8:55:28 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?
All are natural.

Obviously.

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?
Spiritual discernment takes a different state of consciousness.

All states of consciousness are part of a natural physical person.
Even your abstract mental states are part of your physical makeup.

You are either conscious or unconscious, awake or asleep. Most seem to be mentally asleep, wandering around in some daydream or fantasy.

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?
Anyone.

If they wake up and become mentally mature.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 9:26:42 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 9:09:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/14/2016 1:18:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you can read the Gospels, look out into the world, and see that Jesus is still performing all the miracles he did in the gospel, this is a sign of spiritual discernment.

When Jesus spoke and performed miracles, it wasn't really the man walking around doing these things. It was God doing this things through that man, as if he were than man. God still does these things, all the time.

God is the same as Mother Nature who also does magnificent things with natural forces.
The characters are mythical but the forces are very real.


One of the main pushes in Jesus' ministry was to get his disciples to understand the underlying spirit of things. This is one of the main reasons he spoke in parables.

The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.

The spirit is the principle. It is not hard for mature adults to understand the concept that God is a personification of a principle. It seems a lot harder for immature people to understand the concept though.

So when you quote 2 cor 1: 5. Followed by indirect writing. Scripture. Who come up with this.?
Wouldn't it be easier if you just said what you mean to say straight up.
With no john 3 : 5, or a Paul 4 : 7. I mean no mature adult explains things like that.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 9:34:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 9:26:42 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 4/16/2016 9:09:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/14/2016 1:18:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you can read the Gospels, look out into the world, and see that Jesus is still performing all the miracles he did in the gospel, this is a sign of spiritual discernment.

When Jesus spoke and performed miracles, it wasn't really the man walking around doing these things. It was God doing this things through that man, as if he were than man. God still does these things, all the time.

God is the same as Mother Nature who also does magnificent things with natural forces.
The characters are mythical but the forces are very real.


One of the main pushes in Jesus' ministry was to get his disciples to understand the underlying spirit of things. This is one of the main reasons he spoke in parables.

The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.

The spirit is the principle. It is not hard for mature adults to understand the concept that God is a personification of a principle. It seems a lot harder for immature people to understand the concept though.

So when you quote 2 cor 1: 5. Followed by indirect writing. Scripture. Who come up with this.?
Wouldn't it be easier if you just said what you mean to say straight up.
With no john 3 : 5, or a Paul 4 : 7. I mean no mature adult explains things like that.

Scripture is filled with ambiguity. You need to be able to comprehend allegories, idioms, metaphors, symbolism, personification, etc. to understand the concepts which the scriptures teach.
If you were a mature adult you might understand that all unique adults have their unique ways of explaining things. No two are alike unless they have been taught to explain things like trained parrots. Are you a trained parrot who wants all other people to talk and explain things just like you do and complains if they do not ?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 10:10:14 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Hey kids.
You do know that the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of god. For they are foolishness unto him.
That's just silly isn't it.
Lucky the bible isn't important
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 10:46:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 9:04:14 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/14/2016 11:39:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Shame you didn't quote the whole passage:

1 Corinthians 2:12-16
12 Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit that is from God, so that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we explain spiritual matters with spiritual words.
14 But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man. 16 For "who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?" But we do have the mind of Christ.

Interesting that your version says physical man as opposed to natural man.
Both the natural and spiritual aspect of humans is within the physical person. Therefore whoever translated the word as physical is in error and obviously has no understanding of the carnal vs spiritual concepts within men.
People who claim to be spiritual are also examined psychologically in the sense of being questioned and observed by other people.
Obviously spiritual things cannot be physically examined under a microscope since they are concepts of the heart and mind.





Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

All humans are natural. Spiritual discernment comes only from Jehovah via holy spirit.

Spiritual discernment comes from maturity when you gain knowledge and understanding of the abstract mental concepts and allegorical literature.

However we can become spiritual with Jehovah's help.

All deities with supernatural powers are mythical. You will never be spiritual till you understand that fact.

Whilst it is open to all who wish to accept the terms and conditions, not all choose to.

Any terms and conditions required by mythical characters were invented by humans.


Jehovah would love all to understand his word, but only if they are prepared to take it seriously and live by it.

Your opinion is noted.
If Jehovah was real and really wanted all to understand, he would give them understanding instead of letting them remain ignorant.
People all suffer the consequences of their choices whether they take life seriously or not.


How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

Spiritula discernment only comes, as I said above, and it is the only way of uinderstanding Jehvah's word properly.

You are like a child who thinks all presents come only from Santa. You think you know all about where spiritual discernment comes from but you are mentally immature and still carnal as long as you worship your supernatural idol.

As the Apostle said "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God".

The wisdom of the world is the kind you display.

The wisdom of this world is physical discernment which is natural to all humans in this spiritually bankrupt world.

The difference between natural discernment and spiritual discernment is that the former is immature, carnal and has the mindset that some supernatural character is in charge of the universe, vs the latter which is mature, spiritual, and has the mindset that all gods are merely personifications of natural forces and no character is in charge of them any more than Mother Nature is in charge of Nature.
I hope you mature mentally one day and face the fact that all deities are human creations and merely personifications of natural principles.

The wisdom of God is what spiritual discernment, and my comments above apply.

Your comments apply carnal discernment which does not want to let go of supernatural idols or admit all deities are man made.


What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Anyone who wishes to for good reason, is prepared to use what they are then given for the benefit of all mankind, in fact all of creation, and not for selfish gain, and are interested only in truth John 4:23-24.

If you were interested in truth you would take me more seriously than you do since I am the truth.

In other words all can choose to qualify for it, you don't need to be special. That is brilliant news for such as me who couldn't be special if I tried.

Those are the words of a person who is putting on a facade of humility and in his heart thinks he is more special than anyone who does not believe in his invisible supernatural idol.

One needs to remember that Jehovah is actively searching for ones who literally do not disqualify themselves, and the two most important scriptures in that regard are:

You disqualify yourself with your hypocrisy by putting on a facade.

John 4:23, 24
23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit,+ and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."

It is not about worshipping an invisible supernatural idol. It is about living in TRUTH.

and

1 Corinthians 1:26-30
26 For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way, not many powerful, not many of noble birth, 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world to put the strong things to shame; 28 and God chose the insignificant things of the world and the things looked down on, the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 so that no one might boast in the sight of God. 30 But it is due to him that you are in union with Christ Jesus, who has become to us wisdom from God, also righteousness and sanctification and release by ransom,

Therefore to be acceptable to Jehovah for the privilege of understanding his word you have to be the type who values truth above all else, and make sure you are amongst those Jehovah chooses in preference to those he does not, outlined above.

Those too confident of their own cleverness are definitely not welcome.

I am the Truth.
How much do you value me?
Do you think the Truth is too confident of its own cleverness?

You have absolutely no grasp of the meaning of that passage do you? That in itself brands you as, in the terms of that passage, a "physical man". If you had any real spirituality about you, you would not have mistaken it is seriously.

And no, you are not the truth, you are an extremely long way from it.

As a person I value you as highly as any other human being.

As a teacher you have an extremely negative value.
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 1:09:38 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

I think all humans are both natural, and spiritual. Some focus more on one than the other aspect of themselves, however.

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

Natural discernment is derived from an understanding of natural interaction: the way in which the various aspects of the natural world work together.

Spiritual discernment is derived from an understanding of one's own spiritual nature: the moral and ethical imperatives that govern the way one relates to the world, and what one is seeking from it.

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Everyone receives the grace and blessings of "the spirit of God". But some are aware of this, and some are not.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 2:22:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 9:09:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/14/2016 1:18:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you can read the Gospels, look out into the world, and see that Jesus is still performing all the miracles he did in the gospel, this is a sign of spiritual discernment.

When Jesus spoke and performed miracles, it wasn't really the man walking around doing these things. It was God doing this things through that man, as if he were than man. God still does these things, all the time.

God is the same as Mother Nature who also does magnificent things with natural forces.
The characters are mythical but the forces are very real.


One of the main pushes in Jesus' ministry was to get his disciples to understand the underlying spirit of things. This is one of the main reasons he spoke in parables.

The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.

The spirit is the principle. It is not hard for mature adults to understand the concept that God is a personification of a principle. It seems a lot harder for immature people to understand the concept though.

It's not really that easy for a lot of adults either.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
janesix
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 6:02:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 9:26:17 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/15/2016 8:55:28 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?
All are natural.

Obviously.
You asked the obvious question. I gave an obvious answer.


How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?
Spiritual discernment takes a different state of consciousness.

All states of consciousness are part of a natural physical person.
Even your abstract mental states are part of your physical makeup.
I agree.

You are either conscious or unconscious, awake or asleep. Most seem to be mentally asleep, wandering around in some daydream or fantasy.
There are several states of awake consciousness and two states of sleep consciousness. For instance, you are in the theta state while meditating, or the alpha state in a part of the brain that is different from the normal alpha awake and aware state.



What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?
Anyone.

If they wake up and become mentally mature.
That is not true at all.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 3:08:05 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 10:10:14 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Hey kids.
You do know that the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of god. For they are foolishness unto him.
That's just silly isn't it.
Lucky the bible isn't important

Importance is something of personal significance.
One mans trash is anothers treasure.
One mans foolishnes is anothers wisdom.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 4:24:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 10:46:44 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

You have absolutely no grasp of the meaning of that passage do you? That in itself brands you as, in the terms of that passage, a "physical man". If you had any real spirituality about you, you would not have mistaken it is seriously.

Your comment is a reflection of your own lack of comprehension.

And no, you are not the truth, you are an extremely long way from it.

You would have said exactly the same thing to Jesus.

As a person I value you as highly as any other human being.

You value some more than others.

As a teacher you have an extremely negative value.

That is a reflection of your own state.

You are as valuable as a little child and just as ignorant. You have a lot to learn regarding listening to the Spirit of Truth.
When I say I am the Truth. I am not talking about my fleshly body or nature.
If you interpret it as me talking about the flesh, it is obviously a lie but if you understand it is the Spirit of Truth speaking about the Spirit of Truth you would understand I am indeed the Truth.
If I appear to be a liar to you, it is because you lack spiritual discernment.
Repent.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 8:03:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 1:09:38 PM, PureX wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

I think all humans are both natural, and spiritual. Some focus more on one than the other aspect of themselves, however.

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

Natural discernment is derived from an understanding of natural interaction: the way in which the various aspects of the natural world work together.

Spiritual discernment is derived from an understanding of one's own spiritual nature: the moral and ethical imperatives that govern the way one relates to the world, and what one is seeking from it.

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Everyone receives the grace and blessings of "the spirit of God". But some are aware of this, and some are not.

Everyone receives the grace and blessings as well as the curses of the Spirit of Love through other humans.
Everyone experiences the blessings and curses of the Spirit of Life simply by living.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 8:04:59 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 2:22:09 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 4/16/2016 9:09:52 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/14/2016 1:18:10 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
If you can read the Gospels, look out into the world, and see that Jesus is still performing all the miracles he did in the gospel, this is a sign of spiritual discernment.

When Jesus spoke and performed miracles, it wasn't really the man walking around doing these things. It was God doing this things through that man, as if he were than man. God still does these things, all the time.

God is the same as Mother Nature who also does magnificent things with natural forces.
The characters are mythical but the forces are very real.


One of the main pushes in Jesus' ministry was to get his disciples to understand the underlying spirit of things. This is one of the main reasons he spoke in parables.

The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.

The spirit is the principle. It is not hard for mature adults to understand the concept that God is a personification of a principle. It seems a lot harder for immature people to understand the concept though.

It's not really that easy for a lot of adults either.

Not all adults are mentally mature adults.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 8:13:36 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 6:02:45 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/16/2016 9:26:17 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/15/2016 8:55:28 PM, janesix wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?
All are natural.

Obviously.
You asked the obvious question. I gave an obvious answer.


How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?
Spiritual discernment takes a different state of consciousness.

All states of consciousness are part of a natural physical person.
Even your abstract mental states are part of your physical makeup.
I agree.

You are either conscious or unconscious, awake or asleep. Most seem to be mentally asleep, wandering around in some daydream or fantasy.
There are several states of awake consciousness and two states of sleep consciousness. For instance, you are in the theta state while meditating, or the alpha state in a part of the brain that is different from the normal alpha awake and aware state.



What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?
Anyone.

If they wake up and become mentally mature.
That is not true at all.

What makes you claim it is untrue?
Even the bible itself teaches that dead people know nothing. That principle applies to literally dead people as well as spiritually dead people. Those are people which lack knowlege and understanding. They are asleep spiritually in the sense of lacking awareness.
Therefore you need to be mentally awake and alert both physically and spiritually to receive and understand anything spiritual at all, otherwise it simply doesn't compute. The message merely flies over the heads of those who stick their heads in the sand and continue to live in their fantasies and day dreams.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 11:20:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Those whose hearts are with Him.

"You honor me with your lips, but your heart is far from me."

Christ asked Peter the same question over and over, and God has been asking the same question to all mankind throughout history. "Do you love me?"
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 11:22:22 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Jesus repeated the question: "Simon son of John, do you love me?" "Yes, Lord," Peter said, "you know I love you." "Then take care of my sheep," Jesus said.
John 21:16
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 11:23:50 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.
John 21:17
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Dogknox
Posts: 5,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:10:20 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 9:22:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 4/14/2016 4:06:11 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Skyangel The "Unbaptized" is the Natural man, a child of Adam!
The Baptized is re-FORMED.. Formed from a child of Adam into a Child of God!

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
My opinion is that the carnal minded man is the natural man. The carnal mind is the immature mind.
The spiritual mind is the mature mind.
The difference between the carnal and spiritual is simply that one is immature and the other mature . It has nothing to do with baptism.

38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Baptism is merely a symbol of spiritual death in the sense of dying to immaturity or the carnal minded ways.


All are born of woman... Born corrupted because all of creation was corrupted by the sin of Adam!

You have been corrupted by the false doctrines of religion which convinced you that you were born sinful.

Skyangel Jesus is the second Adam he is UNcorupted, all peoples "ADDED" to the body of Jesus are formed INTO his uncorrupted body!

Feel free to live in your fantasy. If you were formed into some uncorrupted body you would not continue to sin but you do still sin so you are not part of an uncorrupted body. You may continue to fool yourself as much as you want.

Skyangel All "ADDED" to the body of Jesus call God father!

If NOT in the body of Jesus then God cannot be your father!

If you are in the body of Jesus you CANNOT sin. 1 John 3:9
Do you still sin ?
The Pharisees in the bible stories called God their father but they were lying to themselves the same as you are. Jesus told them their father was the devil. John 8:44.
Your father is also the devil if you think you are in an uncorrupted body and you continue to sin since your sin corrupts the body.
Wake up to yourself and stop sinning.

You said... If you are in the body of Jesus you CANNOT sin. 1 John 3:9
Do you still sin ?
The Pharisees in the bible stories called God their father but they were lying to themselves the same as you are. Jesus told them their father was the devil. John 8:44.
Your father is also the devil if you think you are in an uncorrupted body and you continue to sin since your sin corrupts the body.
Wake up to yourself and stop sinning.


I reply: The Body of Jesus is the CHURCH!
Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
&
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.

Skyangel Jesus built his body on Peter.
You are >>>NOT<<< In Jesus! You reject his CHURCH, you reject Jesus' BODY!!
You still Sin!!!
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:00:03 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:20:27 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/14/2016 3:23:08 AM, Skyangel wrote:
1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.



Do you think all humans are natural or are some unnatural?

How is spiritual discernment different from natural discernment ?

What type of people CAN receive the things of the Spirit of God?

Those whose hearts are with Him.

Since God is everywhere, all hearts are with him.

"You honor me with your lips, but your heart is far from me."

That scripture would refer to believers not to unbelievers since unbelievers have no reason to honor any gods or give them lip service. Only believers do such things.

Christ asked Peter the same question over and over, and God has been asking the same question to all mankind throughout history. "Do you love me?"

According to what the parables teach, humans love God as much as they love other humans. If you cannot love people whom you can see and have met, you cannot love something or someone whom you cannot see and have never met.
People who love invisible supernatural fairy tale characters have the minds of gullible children. They live in fantasy land.