Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Unhealthy lifestyles

Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:55:59 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Homosexuals suffer from mental illness more than straight people and commit suicide more often. This is although not because of the fact that being gay heavily increases the risk of becoming shunned, bullied, assaulted or even killed. (source: FBI, SPLC etc). No, it's because of the homosexual lifestyle.

Jews often feel fear in European countries. This is although not because of antisemitism, it's because of the Jewish lifestyle.

Women are afraid of walking outdoors at night. This is not because of the fact that there are rapists out there, no, it's because of the female lifestyle.

Norwegian people who were born to a Nazi German soldier father and a Norwegian mother battle up to this date mental illness. This is not because of how they were upraised in a society where it was legal for others to beat them, no, it's because of the lifestyle consisting of the mix between Nazi German and Norwegian culture.

So. I wonder if you saw my point in this post?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:03:03 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 1:55:59 PM, Jovian wrote:
Homosexuals suffer from mental illness more than straight people and commit suicide more often. This is although not because of the fact that being gay heavily increases the risk of becoming shunned, bullied, assaulted or even killed. (source: FBI, SPLC etc). No, it's because of the homosexual lifestyle.

Jews often feel fear in European countries. This is although not because of antisemitism, it's because of the Jewish lifestyle.

Women are afraid of walking outdoors at night. This is not because of the fact that there are rapists out there, no, it's because of the female lifestyle.

Norwegian people who were born to a Nazi German soldier father and a Norwegian mother battle up to this date mental illness. This is not because of how they were upraised in a society where it was legal for others to beat them, no, it's because of the lifestyle consisting of the mix between Nazi German and Norwegian culture.

So. I wonder if you saw my point in this post?

-=applause=-
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
PureX
Posts: 1,528
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:10:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Sure.

Do I get a twinkie, or something?

So why do you think bigots fall into this kind of irrational circular thinking?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:35:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:10:54 ", PureX wrote:
Sure.

Do I get a twinkie, or something?

So why do you think bigots fall into this kind of irrational circular thinking?

Confirmation bias. Their hatred of homosexuality (but not necessarily Homosexuals) gives them a wishful thinking of homosexuality being unhealthy. So then they do out of confirmation bias make these correlations without scratching into the root of the correlations.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:37:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:03:03 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/15/2016 1:55:59 PM, Jovian wrote:
Homosexuals suffer from mental illness more than straight people and commit suicide more often. This is although not because of the fact that being gay heavily increases the risk of becoming shunned, bullied, assaulted or even killed. (source: FBI, SPLC etc). No, it's because of the homosexual lifestyle.

Jews often feel fear in European countries. This is although not because of antisemitism, it's because of the Jewish lifestyle.

Women are afraid of walking outdoors at night. This is not because of the fact that there are rapists out there, no, it's because of the female lifestyle.

Norwegian people who were born to a Nazi German soldier father and a Norwegian mother battle up to this date mental illness. This is not because of how they were upraised in a society where it was legal for others to beat them, no, it's because of the lifestyle consisting of the mix between Nazi German and Norwegian culture.

So. I wonder if you saw my point in this post?

-=applause=-

I wish theworldhasgonemad would be here to see this to. He has probably moved out into the jungle though, after having heard by us that he should do that if he sees nature as the epitome of values.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:38:39 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Define perversion, and explain why heterosexuality shouldn't be seen as one.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:44:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Christians and Muslims are very preoccupied with what other people do with their genitals. Maybe they should focus less on other people's genitals.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:47:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Also, 10% of all rams prefer sex with only other rams. How do we rid them of their "vanity" and "perversion"?
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:48:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:44:54 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Christians and Muslims are very preoccupied with what other people do with their genitals. Maybe they should focus less on other people's genitals.

Exactly. Homophobes in general are probably the biggest homosexuals fetishists on Earth.
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 2:55:15 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:47:13 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Also, 10% of all rams prefer sex with only other rams. How do we rid them of their "vanity" and "perversion"?

Calling homosexuality a perversion is really on the same level as "I can't understand why people develop an interest for ice hockey!". Personal taste used as absolute truths.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 3:38:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Anyone who defines themselves by their sexuality is probably a pervert.

I'm not preoccupied with homosexuality. Sexual immorality is sexual immorality whether it is done in a homosexual or heterosexual context.

Of course, that doesn't really mean anything if you aren't yet convinced there is such a thing as sexual immorality. These days, people only seem to acknowledge non-consensual sex as being the only form of sexual immorality.

It's probably one of those things that is really hard to see if you are a slave to your sex drive, and are simply trying to justify yourself.

Yeah, I used to not see what was wrong with this stuff. Working around it constantly has drastically altered my opinion. There is such a thing as sexual immorality, and it is harmful to society.

You know, it's one thing to do these things. It's something else to do these things and then say that there is nothing wrong with it, or even worse, good.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 3:45:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 3:38:33 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Anyone who defines themselves by their sexuality is probably a pervert.

I'm not preoccupied with homosexuality. Sexual immorality is sexual immorality whether it is done in a homosexual or heterosexual context.

Of course, that doesn't really mean anything if you aren't yet convinced there is such a thing as sexual immorality. These days, people only seem to acknowledge non-consensual sex as being the only form of sexual immorality.

It's probably one of those things that is really hard to see if you are a slave to your sex drive, and are simply trying to justify yourself.

Yeah, I used to not see what was wrong with this stuff. Working around it constantly has drastically altered my opinion. There is such a thing as sexual immorality, and it is harmful to society.

You know, it's one thing to do these things. It's something else to do these things and then say that there is nothing wrong with it, or even worse, good.

Care to provide evidence or example for any of that?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:04:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 3:38:33 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Anyone who defines themselves by their sexuality is probably a pervert.

I'm not preoccupied with homosexuality. Sexual immorality is sexual immorality whether it is done in a homosexual or heterosexual context.

Of course, that doesn't really mean anything if you aren't yet convinced there is such a thing as sexual immorality. These days, people only seem to acknowledge non-consensual sex as being the only form of sexual immorality.

It's probably one of those things that is really hard to see if you are a slave to your sex drive, and are simply trying to justify yourself.

Yeah, I used to not see what was wrong with this stuff. Working around it constantly has drastically altered my opinion. There is such a thing as sexual immorality, and it is harmful to society.

You know, it's one thing to do these things. It's something else to do these things and then say that there is nothing wrong with it, or even worse, good.

Working around it constantly has drastically altered my opinion.

Yep, your opinion, uninformed by any real facts. Care to at least try to back it up with something besides your feeling?
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:11:10 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 3:38:33 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Anyone who defines themselves by their sexuality is probably a pervert.

First of all, being a homosexual could also mean being amorously attracted to your own gender. Second, not all homosexuals define themselves mainly as homosexuals. If they do, this is because they feel a need to show liberation from people who have told them their entire lives that they are abominations. Third, there are people who proudly tout that they are straight too. Fourth, you didn't define perversion.

I'm not preoccupied with homosexuality. Sexual immorality is sexual immorality whether it is done in a homosexual or heterosexual context.

How do you define sexual immorality, and why do you care about what other people do in their bedrooms? Seems like you're preoccupied after all

Of course, that doesn't really mean anything if you aren't yet convinced there is such a thing as sexual immorality. These days, people only seem to acknowledge non-consensual sex as being the only form of sexual immorality.

Yep, because that is a crime. A type of sex you see as icky is just your taste.

It's probably one of those things that is really hard to see if you are a slave to your sex drive, and are simply trying to justify yourself.

Now you tell me, how do you define perversion and sexual immoralities? And, why does it matter even a second to you what other people do in their own bedrooms?

Yeah, I used to not see what was wrong with this stuff. Working around it constantly has drastically altered my opinion. There is such a thing as sexual immorality, and it is harmful to society.

Define what such is, and explain why it is harmful to society what other people do in their own bedrooms.

You know, it's one thing to do these things. It's something else to do these things and then say that there is nothing wrong with it, or even worse, good.

Explain the wrong things in what you would call perversions and sexual immoralities.
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:15:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
To be frank, I don't think my position is the one that needs defending.

If you want to dishonor yourself, there ain't nothing I can or would do to stop you.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 4:23:24 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 4:15:31 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
To be frank, I don't think my position is the one that needs defending.

So we will note your concession, likewise your complete lack of debate skills. One thing you at least could had done would to define whatever you are talking about, but...alright.

Usually people who talk about sexual immoralities tend to define them as non reproductive heterosexual sex, whereas they of some reason exclude sex performed outside the fertile window of the woman...

If you want to dishonor yourself, there ain't nothing I can or would do to stop you.

I'm on a highway to hell?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 5:52:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
It's obvious by looking outside of yourself that sexual stupidity is harmful to society. It tears everything apart. It leads to disease, suffering, moral terpitude, the collapse of family, the collapse of society.

It's obvious by looking inside of yourself that this is a non-issue to people who are not letting lust get in the way of their better judgement.

Maybe I'm giving people too much credit by saying it is obvious, because I realize that we live in a culture that promotes stupidity, because stupidity is good for capitalism(at least in the short term), but it's really all there to see.

The thing is, I don't believe for a second that any amount of convincing proof is going to change people's minds. It's a heart issue fundamentally. If I had faith that making a case would be fruitful, I'd be more apt to bombard people with information. I however, don't think that any of these things make convincing proofs to begin with. I don't believe demographics are accurate, and I don't have a lot of faith in statistics.

Do I think that people who engage in these behaviors should be punished? No, I don't, however, that doesn't mean that it is right. I don't always do things that are right, but I'm not going to lie to myself and say that it's ok. I'm certainly not going to encourage other people to do things that aren't good for society.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 6:16:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 1:55:59 PM, Jovian wrote:
Homosexuals suffer from mental illness more than straight people and commit suicide more often. This is although not because of the fact that being gay heavily increases the risk of becoming shunned, bullied, assaulted or even killed. (source: FBI, SPLC etc). No, it's because of the homosexual lifestyle.

Jews often feel fear in European countries. This is although not because of antisemitism, it's because of the Jewish lifestyle.

Women are afraid of walking outdoors at night. This is not because of the fact that there are rapists out there, no, it's because of the female lifestyle.

Norwegian people who were born to a Nazi German soldier father and a Norwegian mother battle up to this date mental illness. This is not because of how they were upraised in a society where it was legal for others to beat them, no, it's because of the lifestyle consisting of the mix between Nazi German and Norwegian culture.

So. I wonder if you saw my point in this post?

How about 2 Timothy 3:1-7
3 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. 6 For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, 7 always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

As a side point but not entirely irrelevant to the issue of lifestyle.

There is a University study going on in America, because the residents of one particular town tend to live, stay lively and active, right into the 80s, 90s even 100s. So far it would appear that the reason for this is mainly down to diet.

All are vegetarian.

Many are vegan.

It would appear that meat really is bad for you.

I recorded the two part BBC documentary entitled "How to live longer" for future reference.

I am glad I am vegetarian now, lol. I certainly feel better on a vegetable diet.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 6:19:40 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 4:23:24 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 4/15/2016 4:15:31 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
To be frank, I don't think my position is the one that needs defending.

So we will note your concession, likewise your complete lack of debate skills. One thing you at least could had done would to define whatever you are talking about, but...alright.

Usually people who talk about sexual immoralities tend to define them as non reproductive heterosexual sex, whereas they of some reason exclude sex performed outside the fertile window of the woman...

If you want to dishonor yourself, there ain't nothing I can or would do to stop you.

I'm on a highway to hell?

The Bible classes all sexual practices outside of a one man - one woman marital relationship as fornication, and therefore against Jehovah's law.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 2:00:11 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.
What an ignorant idiot.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 2:13:31 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 6:19:40 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/15/2016 4:23:24 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 4/15/2016 4:15:31 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
To be frank, I don't think my position is the one that needs defending.

So we will note your concession, likewise your complete lack of debate skills. One thing you at least could had done would to define whatever you are talking about, but...alright.

Usually people who talk about sexual immoralities tend to define them as non reproductive heterosexual sex, whereas they of some reason exclude sex performed outside the fertile window of the woman...

If you want to dishonor yourself, there ain't nothing I can or would do to stop you.

I'm on a highway to hell?

The Bible classes all sexual practices outside of a one man - one woman marital relationship as fornication, and therefore against Jehovah's law.
The Kama Sutra disagrees.
One old book versus another old book.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 7:39:30 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 5:52:18 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
It's obvious by looking outside of yourself that sexual stupidity is harmful to society. It tears everything apart. It leads to disease, suffering, moral terpitude, the collapse of family, the collapse of society.

For the idontknowth time, you need to define what you call sexual stupidity. Non-reproductive sex? Non-marital sex? Non-commited sex?

I take your point regarding STDs and suffering. However those people who cause suffering regarding this would just had caused suffering in some other way in a conservative society anyway. You need to prove the rest. The argument about moral turpitude is at least not being something regarding me. I see no problem with this liberalism and I'm still ashamed every time I arrive late to something. If you by collapse of family talk about higher divorce rates, it's because people divorce because they can. Compared with the past where people who divorced could become pariahs. And you need to give an example of a society that has collapsed of this. The most liberal countries in the world are those who are in the top of the HDI (Human Development Index).

It's obvious by looking inside of yourself that this is a non-issue to people who are not letting lust get in the way of their better judgement.

Maybe I'm giving people too much credit by saying it is obvious, because I realize that we live in a culture that promotes stupidity, because stupidity is good for capitalism(at least in the short term), but it's really all there to see.

Ironically, humans have in no other time in human history been that intelligent that we are now.

The thing is, I don't believe for a second that any amount of convincing proof is going to change people's minds. It's a heart issue fundamentally. If I had faith that making a case would be fruitful, I'd be more apt to bombard people with information. I however, don't think that any of these things make convincing proofs to begin with. I don't believe demographics are accurate, and I don't have a lot of faith in statistics.

If you don't have any proof, these alleged facts sounds now unsubstantiated opinions.

Do I think that people who engage in these behaviors should be punished? No, I don't, however, that doesn't mean that it is right. I don't always do things that are right, but I'm not going to lie to myself and say that it's ok. I'm certainly not going to encourage other people to do things that aren't good for society.

You need to prove they are bad for society. Or, we could take it another way. Which time in human history was better than now? The past? Where mass poverty, high racism, high classism and legal marital rape and legal domestic violence occurred?
SpiritandTruth
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 2:20:50 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I dispute people being more intelligent now. My experience tells me otherwise. I think computers are making people dumber while filling their heads full of trivia in order to give the illusion of intelligence.

When people are reckless with their sexuality, it sows mistrust, it drives people apart, it leads to all manner of thinking that is self absorbed.

I guess the best way to really find this out is be committed against it. Maybe you aren't yet aware of just how much of a plague it is. They start people out when they are kids, and it stays with them the rest of their life. Sexual immorality is plaguing the nation, and it's going to contribute to the ruin of the country.

What proof could I possibly present? Statistics and demographics are not accurate. The United Nations is bias towards a certain agenda. It's common sense. It's obvious to anyone who isn't a teenager full of hormones, or an adult who isn't trying to justify their own perverse behavior. Just give it a little more thought! The evidence is there to those who have eyes to see it.

We might as well be debating whether or not stealing is wrong, because it becomes just as arbitrary if you can't see how this is wrong. It's a heart issue. Sexual immorality is bad for the soul.

Are these assertions? Yes, but what else is there? There isn't a way to be properly scientific about this, there are too many variables to isolate. Really. It's stupidity, and I'm not saying that out of some irrational hatred. I'm saying that as someone who for the longest time saw no real problem with it, and then came to realize through experience what it was actually doing.

I don't hate people who engage in sexual immorality, just as I don't hate people who are wasted away on drugs. Indeed, I have a lot of friends who are prostitutes and junkies. I work with these people all the time, and the ones who aren't filled with pride can see what these things do. They are enslaved to it, and it usually takes some sort of act from God to get people to free themselves from these vices. It's bad stuff.

Morality when it comes to this issue is fairly universal. Sexual immorality is universally acknowledged as being bad for society in the ancient scriptures, because when you take away all the distractions of contemporary life, the effect is a lot easier to observe. The people who lived back then and wrote these scriptures were not stupid. I'm not trying to make an argument from authority here, but I am willing to give these people more credit. They weren't stupid, and that is evident from everything else they've written.

What can I really say? It's a heart issue. It's a fetish. It's idolatry. Idolatry leads to all sorts of nasty behavior.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Jovian
Posts: 1,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 4:31:20 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 2:20:50 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I dispute people being more intelligent now.

Then you are arguing against science https://en.wikipedia.org...

And don't come up with any cheap "those scientists behind that study are biased". At least not without clear evidence.

My experience tells me otherwise.

Anecdotal evidence. Examples of the fallacy:

* 5 year old children know advanced algebra. I know because I met a child in that age who knew it.
* It's a lie that older people become less vital. My neighbour is 102 and he does jogging once in a while.

I think computers are making people dumber while filling their heads full of trivia in order to give the illusion of intelligence.

Science is saying something else. With an Internet, all information is available in your bedroom. That generally makes people smarter, compared with back in the days when information was in a limited form 3 hours chariot ride away from your farm on your local library.

Also, if you would had lived in the 30s, you would just had found something else to say it's making children dumber. Like jazz music. There is probably no part of history where the adult generation hasn't found anything to complain about regarding the new generation. You can read this in books from even the 1700s.

When people are reckless with their sexuality, it sows mistrust, it drives people apart, it leads to all manner of thinking that is self absorbed.

When people are reckless with their sexuality, they commit rape. Few are reckless.

I guess the best way to really find this out is be committed against it. Maybe you aren't yet aware of just how much of a plague it is. They start people out when they are kids, and it stays with them the rest of their life. Sexual immorality is plaguing the nation, and it's going to ct

What proof could I possibly present? Statistics and demographics are not accurate. The United Nations is bias towards a certain agenda. It's common sense.

No source is 100% objective, but could you prove this further?

It's obvious to anyone who isn't a teenager full of hormones, or an adult who isn't trying to justify their own perverse behavior. Just give it a little more thought! The evidence is there to those who have eyes to see it.

We might as well be debating whether or not stealing is wrong, because it becomes just as arbitrary if you can't see how this is wrong.

-_______-

Your definition of "immoral sex" has consent. There is no consent in stealing. If it were, it would be called a donation. Such a bad comparison.

It's a heart issue. Sexual immorality is bad for the soul.

OK I know of your mistrust in statistics. But please, if you want to not make a fool out of yourself, you should do something I've been telling you to do at least five times now.

Define. Sexual. Immorality. Now.

Are these assertions? Yes, but what else is there? There isn't a way to be properly scientific about this, there are too many variables to isolate. Really. It's stupidity, and I'm not saying that out of some irrational hatred. I'm saying that as someone who for the longest time saw no real problem with it, and then came to realize through experience what it was actually doing.

If you feel more healthy today, that is good. But that isn't making it a truth more than on you personally. It's an anecdotal evidence.

I don't hate people who engage in sexual immorality, just as I don't hate people who are wasted away on drugs.

Didn't assume that.

Indeed, I have a lot of friends who are prostitutes and junkies. I work with these people all the time, and the ones who aren't filled with pride can see what these things do. They are enslaved to it, and it usually takes some sort of act from God to get people to free themselves from these vices. It's bad stuff.

I don't assume you hate these people. But the "I don't hate group X. I have a friend from group X" is flawed logics. That would mean that a white man agreeing with a self hating black man on how blacks are inferior impossibly could be a racist.

Morality when it comes to this issue is fairly universal. Sexual immorality is universally acknowledged as being bad for society in the ancient scriptures, because when you take away all the distractions of contemporary life, the effect is a lot easier to observe. The people who lived back then and wrote these scriptures were not stupid. I'm not trying to make an argument from authority here, but I am willing to give these people more credit. They weren't stupid, and that is evident from everything else they've written.

They were the intellectual elite of that time. But Adolf Hitler was also intelligent. Intelligence doesn't always mean good

What can I really say? It's a heart issue. It's a fetish.

Fetish? You do know that it's considered a fetish if you have a higher interest of kissing your wife too, right?

It's idolatry. Idolatry leads to all sorts of nasty behavior.

Where is the worship of statues in sexual liberation?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 4:50:17 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 2:20:50 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I dispute people being more intelligent now. My experience tells me otherwise. I think computers are making people dumber while filling their heads full of trivia in order to give the illusion of intelligence.

Sure, for those who haven't the capacity to think and question. Meanwhile, on the other hand, the internet is providing mountains of information to the world that has not been seen ever throughout all of human history. This will have massive resounding effects for future generations. Say goodbye to religions.

When people are reckless with their sexuality, it sows mistrust, it drives people apart, it leads to all manner of thinking that is self absorbed.

No, it doesn't.

I guess the best way to really find this out is be committed against it. Maybe you aren't yet aware of just how much of a plague it is. They start people out when they are kids, and it stays with them the rest of their life. Sexual immorality is plaguing the nation, and it's going to contribute to the ruin of the country.

No, it isn't. The religious are already doing that in spades.

What proof could I possibly present? Statistics and demographics are not accurate. The United Nations is bias towards a certain agenda. It's common sense.

I saw no common sense in your statements.

It's obvious to anyone who isn't a teenager full of hormones, or an adult who isn't trying to justify their own perverse behavior. Just give it a little more thought! The evidence is there to those who have eyes to see it.

Yes, we keep hearing that ridiculous comment that never seems to substantiates itself. The problem with it of course, is that when we do open our eyes to evidence, it never supports anything you have said.

We might as well be debating whether or not stealing is wrong, because it becomes just as arbitrary if you can't see how this is wrong. It's a heart issue.

Hearts pump blood.

Sexual immorality is bad for the soul.

Souls have never been shown to exist.

Are these assertions? Yes, but what else is there?

Knowledge and information, facts and evidence.

There isn't a way to be properly scientific about this, there are too many variables to isolate.

Such as?

Really. It's stupidity, and I'm not saying that out of some irrational hatred. I'm saying that as someone who for the longest time saw no real problem with it, and then came to realize through experience what it was actually doing.

Experience = Bible?

I don't hate people who engage in sexual immorality, just as I don't hate people who are wasted away on drugs. Indeed, I have a lot of friends who are prostitutes and junkies. I work with these people all the time, and the ones who aren't filled with pride can see what these things do. They are enslaved to it, and it usually takes some sort of act from God to get people to free themselves from these vices. It's bad stuff.

Acts of God are irrelevant to science, knowledge, information, facts, evidence, etc.

Morality when it comes to this issue is fairly universal. Sexual immorality is universally acknowledged as being bad for society

Show us the peer reviewed articles that support your claim?

in the ancient scriptures,

No one cares about ancient scriptures in a modern society as they show just how barbaric and immoral men were back then.

because when you take away all the distractions of contemporary life, the effect is a lot easier to observe. The people who lived back then and wrote these scriptures were not stupid.

Yes, they were, and incredibly ignorant and barbaric, as well.

I'm not trying to make an argument from authority here, but I am willing to give these people more credit. They weren't stupid, and that is evident from everything else they've written.

What can I really say? It's a heart issue. It's a fetish. It's idolatry. Idolatry leads to all sorts of nasty behavior.

Religions lead to nastier behavior.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 10:47:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/15/2016 2:44:54 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Christians and Muslims are very preoccupied with what other people do with their genitals. Maybe they should focus less on other people's genitals.

I don't speak for Muslims but it's not the Christians bringing up homosexuality, it's yal constantly, just look around the forum. The only very few comments I have personally made about it were specifically to accommodate someones posts. We just answer questions and preserve the original intent and purpose between a man and women by showing what God had in mind which should also be obvious.
Maybe yal should focus less on the opinions Christians have about homosexual relations, in other words if you don't want to know then don't ask.

How often in your day to day life do you see any Christians blabbering about nonsensical things like what people do with their genitals lol, I know many many Christians and this couldn't be further from the truth. And by day to day I don't mean some random YouTube videos with some stupid Pastor calling for the persecution of gay people or left wing propagated news articles, I mean in your own life and environment.... how many Christians do you know personally that fit this assertion?

Actually the poster brought up an interesting point, because all sexual attraction is psychological, you cannot have an attraction or even an orgasm without the mind connecting with it. Spirituality is the complete control over mind and body, it brings everything back to it's original shape and purpose through cultivation and acclimation, this is why it's so important and to an atheist there are no such things. And so the atheist will never see or experience this for himself unfortunately.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 10:51:25 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 10:47:02 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:44:54 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Christians and Muslims are very preoccupied with what other people do with their genitals. Maybe they should focus less on other people's genitals.

I don't speak for Muslims but it's not the Christians bringing up homosexuality, it's yal constantly, just look around the forum. The only very few comments I have personally made about it were specifically to accommodate someones posts. We just answer questions and preserve the original intent and purpose between a man and women by showing what God had in mind which should also be obvious.
Maybe yal should focus less on the opinions Christians have about homosexual relations, in other words if you don't want to know then don't ask.

How many conservative Christian political action groups would you like me to link? Who do you think the major opponents to the various legislations were when it came to gay marriage? More to the point: if Christians weren't so preoccupied... why resist at all? It would have been any garden variety legislation that would have come and gone with no issue.

How often in your day to day life do you see any Christians blabbering about nonsensical things like what people do with their genitals lol, I know many many Christians and this couldn't be further from the truth. And by day to day I don't mean some random YouTube videos with some stupid Pastor calling for the persecution of gay people or left wing propagated news articles, I mean in your own life and environment.... how many Christians do you know personally that fit this assertion?

Actually the poster brought up an interesting point, because all sexual attraction is psychological, you cannot have an attraction or even an orgasm without the mind connecting with it. Spirituality is the complete control over mind and body, it brings everything back to it's original shape and purpose through cultivation and acclimation, this is why it's so important and to an atheist there are no such things.

Um, no one can orgasm involuntarily. Be it artificially induced or through random (and bizarre) illness.

And so the atheist will never see or experience this for himself unfortunately.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 11:20:47 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 10:51:25 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/16/2016 10:47:02 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:44:54 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Christians and Muslims are very preoccupied with what other people do with their genitals. Maybe they should focus less on other people's genitals.

I don't speak for Muslims but it's not the Christians bringing up homosexuality, it's yal constantly, just look around the forum. The only very few comments I have personally made about it were specifically to accommodate someones posts. We just answer questions and preserve the original intent and purpose between a man and women by showing what God had in mind which should also be obvious.
Maybe yal should focus less on the opinions Christians have about homosexual relations, in other words if you don't want to know then don't ask.

How many conservative Christian political action groups would you like me to link? Who do you think the major opponents to the various legislations were when it came to gay marriage? More to the point: if Christians weren't so preoccupied... why resist at all? It would have been any garden variety legislation that would have come and gone with no issue.

What I see is something that is being preserved and gays don't like it. It's not about resisting but protecting and preserving. Is that something you can wrap your head around, just look through these forums and you will see what I mean, we aren't the ones bringing it up. We just don't want the original intent to become tarnished, for there is really no need for it to be other than people "feeling" left out...


How often in your day to day life do you see any Christians blabbering about nonsensical things like what people do with their genitals lol, I know many many Christians and this couldn't be further from the truth. And by day to day I don't mean some random YouTube videos with some stupid Pastor calling for the persecution of gay people or left wing propagated news articles, I mean in your own life and environment.... how many Christians do you know personally that fit this assertion?

Actually the poster brought up an interesting point, because all sexual attraction is psychological, you cannot have an attraction or even an orgasm without the mind connecting with it. Spirituality is the complete control over mind and body, it brings everything back to it's original shape and purpose through cultivation and acclimation, this is why it's so important and to an atheist there are no such things.

Um, no one can orgasm involuntarily. Be it artificially induced or through random (and bizarre) illness.

Umm did you understand the point....? when did I say otherwise?

And so the atheist will never see or experience this for himself unfortunately.
bulproof
Posts: 25,272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:56:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/16/2016 11:20:47 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/16/2016 10:51:25 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/16/2016 10:47:02 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:44:54 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/15/2016 2:16:12 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I don't believe in the existence of homosexuals. I believe that people who are preoccupied with vanity(aka, a fetish) tend to have perverse thinking.

Christians and Muslims are very preoccupied with what other people do with their genitals. Maybe they should focus less on other people's genitals.

I don't speak for Muslims but it's not the Christians bringing up homosexuality, it's yal constantly, just look around the forum. The only very few comments I have personally made about it were specifically to accommodate someones posts. We just answer questions and preserve the original intent and purpose between a man and women by showing what God had in mind which should also be obvious.
Maybe yal should focus less on the opinions Christians have about homosexual relations, in other words if you don't want to know then don't ask.

How many conservative Christian political action groups would you like me to link? Who do you think the major opponents to the various legislations were when it came to gay marriage? More to the point: if Christians weren't so preoccupied... why resist at all? It would have been any garden variety legislation that would have come and gone with no issue.

What I see is something that is being preserved and gays don't like it. It's not about resisting but protecting and preserving. Is that something you can wrap your head around, just look through these forums and you will see what I mean, we aren't the ones bringing it up. We just don't want the original intent to become tarnished, for there is really no need for it to be other than people "feeling" left out...
To what and who's intent do you refer?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin