Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Shi'ites/Shia Muslims

m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 9:23:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Has anyone seen any on this site? I've come across several Muslims, some active and some not, but the commonality is that they're all Sunni. Just wondering to see if anyone has seen any, I've always wanted to have a discussion with them.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 9:39:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 9:38:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Nope. If you do a search you'll notice that most of them are inactive.

Yep, I've noticed. It's bugging, but whatever. Mirza and I are usually here :)
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 9:41:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
lol http://www.debate.org...

Pro marijuana legalization Muslim.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 9:45:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 9:39:33 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 11/25/2010 9:38:21 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Nope. If you do a search you'll notice that most of them are inactive.

Yep, I've noticed. It's bugging, but whatever. Mirza and I are usually here :)

You're both Sunni though. xD We need some Shi'as.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 2:10:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
*blows himself up*

Whoops, wrong thread.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 2:14:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/26/2010 2:10:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
*blows himself up*

Whoops, wrong thread.

Not that it's appropriate and I'll probably get sh*t for it, but what's the difference between Sunni muslims and Shi'ite muslims? The Sunnis are the ones with the shi'ite blown out of them.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:27:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/26/2010 2:14:47 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 11/26/2010 2:10:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
*blows himself up*

Whoops, wrong thread.

Not that it's appropriate and I'll probably get sh*t for it, but what's the difference between Sunni muslims and Shi'ite muslims? The Sunnis are the ones with the shi'ite blown out of them.

Funny, I was being "taught" this by my father today. I would tell you, if I wasn't taking a sh!t right now lol
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:28:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/27/2010 5:27:23 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 11/26/2010 2:14:47 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 11/26/2010 2:10:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
*blows himself up*

Whoops, wrong thread.

Not that it's appropriate and I'll probably get sh*t for it, but what's the difference between Sunni muslims and Shi'ite muslims? The Sunnis are the ones with the shi'ite blown out of them.

Funny, I was being "taught" this by my father today. I would tell you, if I wasn't taking a sh!t right now lol
I presume that was a... Metaphorical lecture?
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 5:31:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/27/2010 5:28:38 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 11/27/2010 5:27:23 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 11/26/2010 2:14:47 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 11/26/2010 2:10:20 AM, tvellalott wrote:
*blows himself up*

Whoops, wrong thread.

Not that it's appropriate and I'll probably get sh*t for it, but what's the difference between Sunni muslims and Shi'ite muslims? The Sunnis are the ones with the shi'ite blown out of them.

Funny, I was being "taught" this by my father today. I would tell you, if I wasn't taking a sh!t right now lol
I presume that was a... Metaphorical lecture?

No haha sorry, I really am on the toilet right now. But we were discussing Islamic history in brief earlier today.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2010 8:14:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
You have to save time when you're in college lol
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2010 8:33:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/28/2010 8:14:36 PM, m93samman wrote:
You have to save time when you're in college lol

Sure, but I have never been on my laptop while on the toilet. xD
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2010 8:37:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Try it. It's temporally conservative, and effective.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 3:15:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 9:23:59 PM, m93samman wrote:
Has anyone seen any on this site? I've come across several Muslims, some active and some not, but the commonality is that they're all Sunni. Just wondering to see if anyone has seen any, I've always wanted to have a discussion with them.
Technically, many identify themselves as Muslims, not Shia or Sunni Muslims, which is why we cannot know for sure how many Shia/Sunni Muslims there are. None should split into sects, though. It's absurd.