Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

xtianity has marriage age? nothing is found!

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 5:59:47 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I have just googled and all I could find was supposed mariage age. it is a typical christian absurdity: the book says something and christian wishes us to believe in a way he wishes what binle said. OK, here we go:
I am going to quote 1 christian sourxe. I am not going to cite the whole text, I will just copy short if tou want read the whole article: here Sam Shamoun says:

quote: " this specific parable present the marriageable age of a girl, the parable also assumes that this is a fact that was already well known and observed by the peoples, specifically Israel.
"On the day you were born your cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water to make you clean, nor were you rubbed with salt or wrapped in cloths. No one looked on you with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these things for you. Rather, you were thrown out into the open field, for on the day you were born you were despised. Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, "Live!" I made you grow like a plant of the field. You grew up and developed and became the most beautiful of jewels. Your breasts were formed and your hair grew, you who were naked and bare. Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love."

end quote and again i am citing the same source:
quote: "Thus, we have a biblical text establishing puberty as the minimum age for marriage." end quote.

Here, I am going to demonstrate that it is just one more absurdity and does not give marriage age.

1st rebuttal will come from Matt Slick, who is an author on the site .He says:
quote: "The reason we don't is that the Old Covenantal system that involved such harsh punishments has been done away with. We are under a new covenant. Jesus said in Luke 22:20, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood."

since christians are free from the "old testament", even if the parable, which was wished to be seen as a marriage age, is not compulsory. Christians would be free from that law even if God made such law. (such law does not exist by the way, the thing I quoted from Sam Shamoun is just classical christian absurdity like "bible does no say so, it implies this even though it means that way literally" So, from the perspective of xhristianiy, old testament is no longer valid. it just exists but not compulsory.

2. James M. Arlandon will also refute Sam Shamoun, who work on the very same site I quoted Sam Shamoun from, quote:
"The Old Covenant is to the New Covenant what promise is to fulfillment. How did, does, and shall Jesus Christ fulfill the promises of the Old Covenant?
That story is complex. Christians are commanded to read the Old Testament and are allowed to benefit from it, but they do not take everything in it as final. Christians honor the Old Testament as the Word of God, just as Jesus did. But they read it, ultimately, through the vision of Jesus and the Spirit-inspired authors of the New Testament books and epistles" He also says/implies OT is not compulsory. again, even if there was an minimum of age in the verse Sam Shamoun brought forth, christians would have been free from that. if they wanted to follow that rule/law they would have followed, if they wanted to ignore thay rule/law they could have ignored and married a girl who is 11, 9, 5 or 3 or even infant.

3. Does the verse really gives a minimum age? the word enough does not mean minimum. Let us demonstrate:

if you are a student and enter into exam, let us say 40 points out of 100 is enough to pass the exam. if you score 85 out of 100 possible, is your point enough to advance, to pass the exam? yes, it is. you ask your professor:
- sir, my score is 85. will I advance?
-yes, that is enough to advance.

it does not mean 85 was the minimum point with which you could have passed the exam, the same goes for the case presented above:

even if bible said that was enough for love, that does not mean that was the minimum age. let me make it more clear; let us say bible was talking about a girl who was 12. parable says "that was enough for love".
what about 30 years old woman? is that enough for love? yes. is 30 the minimum age for marriage? is it reasonable to deduce it? you can see easily, enough does not mean mininum in no way.

the verse above in no way prohibits marriage at a younger age.

btw, the verse demonstrates how inconsistent, hypocrtie binle thumpers are. when they need something, they say "oh, here in a certain passage from Old testament,God forbade it. it is prohibited in xtianity" but when they are silenced with the psychopath laws from OT they just ignore and say "Jesus abolished the OT, we are not required to do thay. here, Paul too says so".

p.s: The torah is very clear on this issue. whoever abolishes the law/way God gave to Israelites, that is a false prophet. so, even if Paul or Jesus or Both made OT invalid, they are false prophets. you see, what kind of inconsistent people christians are.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer