I am thy shield

I am the Almighty God

I am with thee

I am the Lord that healeth thee.

I am the Lord your God

I am the Lord that doth sanctify you

I am Holy

I am the Lord which hallow you,

I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee from the house of bondage.

I am doing a great work

I am thy salvation.

Be still, and know that I am God

I am the Lord your refuge.

I am the Lord of hosts.

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

I am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.

Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I am thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;

I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared

I am against thee, O thou most proud, saith the Lord God of hosts: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.

I am the Lord that smiteth.

I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee

I am a great King, and my name is dreadful among the heathen

I am the Lord, I change not

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I am the God of the living

I am with you always, even unto the end of the world

I am among you as he that serveth.

I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I am the door

I am the good shepherd

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

I am the way, the truth, and the life

I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last

I am alive for evermore, and have the keys of hell and of death.

I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:42:51 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/18/2016 11:54:20 PM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I AM THAT I AM

Semantically meaningless.

I am thy shield

I am the Almighty God

<snipped>

Assertions made by men and, without a shred of evidence, entirely useless.

What is the substance of which God is made? He has to be made of something, right? Answer the question without retreating into mysticism. What is he made of?
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:47:18 AM
At 4/19/2016 2:42:51 AM, dee-em wrote:
What is the substance of which God is made? He has to be made of something, right? Answer the question without retreating into mysticism. What is he made of?

5 tons of flax
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:47:47 AM
I AM THAT I AM

I am thy shield

I am the Almighty God

I am with thee

I am the Lord that healeth thee.

I am the Lord your God

I am the Lord that doth sanctify you

I am Holy

I am the Lord which hallow you,

I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee from the house of bondage.

I am doing a great work

I am thy salvation.

Be still, and know that I am God

I am the Lord your refuge.

I am the Lord of hosts.

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

I am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.

Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I am thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;

I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea, whose waves roared

I am against thee, O thou most proud, saith the Lord God of hosts: for thy day is come, the time that I will visit thee.

I am the Lord that smiteth.

I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee

I am a great King, and my name is dreadful among the heathen

I am the Lord, I change not

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I am the God of the living

I am with you always, even unto the end of the world

I am among you as he that serveth.

I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I am the door

I am the good shepherd

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

I am the way, the truth, and the life

I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last

According to you, we must put these with your list as well.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:48:09 AM
2:65 Allah transforms disobedient Jews into apes

"And well you know there were those among you [Jews] that transgressed the Sabbath, and We said to them, "Be you apes, miserably slinking!"

2:89 Unbelievers, particularly Jews, are accursed

"When there came to them [Jews] a Book from Allah, confirming what was with them " and they aforetimes prayed for victory over the unbelievers " when there came to them that they recognized, they disbelieved in it; and the curse of Allah is on the unbelievers.

2:191-193 Fight and kill unbelievers until "religion is Allah"s," i.e. Islamic law rules all societies

"And slay them wherever you come upon them, and expel them from where they expelled you; persecution is more grievous than slaying. But fight them not by the Holy Mosque until they should fight you there; then, if they fight you, slay them " such is the recompense of unbelievers, but if they give over, surely Allah is All-forgiving, All-compassionate. Fight them, till there is no persecution and the religion is Allah"s; then if they give over, there shall be no enmity save for evildoers."

3:28 Don"t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for "fear of them," i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

"Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends, rather than the believers " for whoso does that belongs not to Allah in anything " unless you have a fear of them. Allah warns you that You beware of Him, and unto Allah is the homecoming."

3:110-112 Muslims are the best of people, Jews have earned Allah"s anger

"You are the best nation ever brought forth to men, bidding to honour, and forbidding dishonour, and believing in Allah. Had the People of the Book believed, it were better for them; some of them are believers, but the most of them are ungodly. They will not harm you, except a little hurt; and if they fight with you, they will turn on you their backs; then they will not be helped. Abasement shall be pitched on them, wherever they are come upon, except they be in a bond of Allah, and a bond of the people; they will be laden with the burden of Allah"s anger, and poverty shall be pitched on them; that, because they disbelieved in Allah"s signs, and slew the Prophets without right; that, for that they acted rebelliously and were transgressors."

3:151 Allah will cast terror into the unbelievers" hearts

"We will cast into the hearts of the unbelievers terror, for that they have associated with Allah that for which He sent down never authority; their lodging shall be the Fire; evil is the lodging of the evildoers."

3:181 Jews are bound for hell

"Allah has heard the saying of those who said, "Surely Allah is poor, and we are rich." We shall write down what they have said, and their slaying the Prophets without right, and We shall say, "Taste the chastisement of the burning.""

4:34 Beat disobedient women

"Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that Allah has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for Allah"s guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; Allah is All-high, All-great."

4:160 Jews do evil, turn people away from Allah

"And for the evildoing of those of Jewry, We have forbidden them certain good things that were permitted to them, and for their barring from Allah"s way many""

5:33 Crucify or amputate the hands and feet of those who make war against Allah and Muhammad

"This is the recompense of those who fight against Allah and His Messenger, and hasten about the earth, to do corruption there: they shall be slaughtered, or crucified, or their hands and feet shall alternately be struck off; or they shall be banished from the land. That is a degradation for them in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement."

5:41 Jews listen to falsehood and pervert the meaning of their Scriptures

"O Messenger, let them not grieve thee that vie with one another in unbelief, such men as say with their mouths "We believe" but their hearts believe not; and the Jews who listen to falsehood, listen to other folk, who have not come to thee, perverting words from their meanings, saying, "If you are given this, then take it; if you are not given it, beware!" Whomsoever Allah desires to try, thou canst not avail him anything with Allah. Those are they whose hearts Allah desired not to purify; for them is degradation in this world; and in the world to come awaits them a mighty chastisement."

5:51 Don"t take Jews and Christians as friends and allies

"O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them. Allah guides not the people of the evildoers."

5:59-60 Jews cursed, made into apes and swine

"Say: "People of the Book, do you blame us for any other cause than that we believe in Allah, and what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down before, and that most of you are ungodly?" Say: "Shall I tell you of a recompense with Allah, worse than that? Whomsoever Allah has cursed, and with whom He is wroth, and made some of them apes and swine, and worshippers of idols " they are worse situated, and have gone further astray from the right way.""
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:49:47 AM
At 4/19/2016 2:47:18 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

5 tons of flax

So you don't know, which means you know nothing about God despite your never-ending claims to the contrary. Exposed as a fraud yet again.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:53:33 AM
At 4/19/2016 2:49:47 AM, dee-em wrote:

5 tons of flax

So you don't know, which means you know nothing about God despite your never-ending claims to the contrary. Exposed as a fraud yet again.

You think God is matter, which goes to show you haven't the faintest idea of what you are asking.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:56:54 AM
Here, I'll be more helpful.

The Universe is defined by Merriam Webster as...

"the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated"

God would include this, as well as anything that isn't observed or postulated.

God is the Ultimate Reality, the singularity, the uncreated.

If you haven't gotten the riddle by now, I really don't know what else to tell you.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 2:57:29 AM
At 4/19/2016 2:53:33 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
At 4/19/2016 2:49:47 AM, dee-em wrote:

5 tons of flax

You think God is matter, which goes to show you haven't the faintest idea of what you are asking.

I'm not asking you what God isn't. I'm asking you what God is. You started a thread on God's identity. You seem to be implying you have knowledge the rest of us are not privy to. Answer my question and stop dodging. If you can't answer it, admit you know nothing about God.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:02:38 AM
"I am that I am" is... grammatically confusing. Was something lost in translation there? Feels a bit like it.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:03:36 AM
At 4/19/2016 2:56:54 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Here, I'll be more helpful.

The Universe is defined by Merriam Webster as...

"the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated"

I didn't ask you for a definition of universe.

God would include this, as well as anything that isn't observed or postulated.

The universe is allegedly a creation by God and therefore irrelevant to my question of what God is comprised of. Stop your evasion.

God is the Ultimate Reality, the singularity, the uncreated.

That's just how theists have defined God and it tells me nothing about the substance of which God is composed.

If you haven't gotten the riddle by now, I really don't know what else to tell you.

You think it's a riddle? This is the retreat into mysticism which I expected. You have been asked a quite straightforward question but all you have done is evade. Stop pretending and admit you have no answers, that you are a fraud.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:03:45 AM
The Ultimate Reality. The Truth. The Way. That which nothing exists apart from. That which fundamentally transcends abstraction.

God has a million names, they are all good, but waving around wildly while pointing in every direction would communicated just as well.

God isn't creation. God is non-dualistic.

How do you communicate what isn't created through creation? It's an exercise in futility. The only thing I can tell you is how to see yourself.

As it is written, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

Yeah, it's all going to sound like mystical mumbo jumbo. It can't be avoided. It's true though. Don't take my word for it, do some science. That's really all it takes, is doing some science.

Say, "I don't know!" a whole lot. That helps too.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:08:59 AM
And I'm not going to "admit" to being a fraud to satisfy your understanding or lack there-of.

Cut me some slack, brah.

Seriously, a fraud about what? That doesn't even make sense to me.

Do you understand what "singularity" means?

I'll give you a hint, it's not a duality.

Do you know what duality is?

I'll give you a hint, it has to do with discriminating things. It has to do with the way our mind perceives things. It has to do with "this" and "that".

You can't have hot without cold. You can't have truth without falsehood.

Well, God is Truth without and with falsehood. Singularity. Do you dig it? No comparison. Non relative. Immeasurable.

So what I'm trying to get at... Your question is absurd.

I'm trying.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:11:18 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:10:03 AM, matt8800 wrote:
I AM THAT I AM

He stole that from Popeye

https://www.youtube.com...
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:25:33 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:02:38 AM, Casten wrote:
"I am that I am" is... grammatically confusing. Was something lost in translation there? Feels a bit like it.

There is always something lost in translation. Even among people who speak the same language.

Existence itself? It is what it is? The way things are?

If God was talking to you, and you asked God for a name, God would say, "I am that I am".

God is.

Is.

The?

IS!
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:28:45 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:25:33 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

There is always something lost in translation. Even among people who speak the same language.

If God was talking to you, and you asked God for a name, God would say, "I am that I am".

God is.

Is.

The?

IS!

Then wouldn't he say, "I am what I am"? The "that" is throwing me, I guess.

"Existence is what it is" makes sense to me. But not "existence is that it is."
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:35:10 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:28:45 AM, Casten wrote:

God is.

Is.

The?

IS!

Nah, it would probably be more accurate to say, "existence itself" even.

Really though, there isn't a way to capture the essence of God.

I think "Ultimate Reality" comes very close. I like that name. I'm not the only one who likes that name, it's universally popular. It's a name that has been bringing people together.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:46:00 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:35:10 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

God is.

Is.

The?

IS!

I think "Ultimate Reality" comes very close. I like that name. I'm not the only one who likes that name, it's universally popular. It's a name that has been bringing people together.

So, "I am ultimate reality"?

That makes more sense to me than "I am that I am."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:57:30 AM

He's channeling Popeye the Sailorman, I think.

I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:01:00 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:46:00 AM, Casten wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:35:10 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

God is.

Is.

The?

IS!

So, "I am ultimate reality"?

That makes more sense to me than "I am that I am."

It makes enough sense to make it in the dictionary and have universal acceptance among theologians from a multitude of faiths.

But you know, this isn't going to stop people from killing each other over what to call a rose. One of the main points that Jesus was trying to make through his ministry is "The letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law brings life."

Christianity is a faith that abolishes idolatry of man, man made institution, scripture, language, and everything else in creation while simultaneously pointing to God and giving the outward appearance of doing the complete opposite of all these things.

This is probably the defining feature of Christianity in particular. It's also probably one of the reasons why it isn't too uncommon to find people who are very liberal in their acceptance of other faiths, but outspoken enemies of Christianity. Christianity is an occult religion of mysteries.

The Way is simple though.

Sincerity of faith, charity, and struggle for heart purification. God is the greatest, the one who demolishes all principalities, strongholds, and dominions.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:14:51 AM
"Sincerity of faith, charity, and struggle for heart purification", this is The Holy Spirit, also referred to as "The spirit that leads into all Truth".

Another way to express The Trinity is..

"The way to worship God(The father) through man(The son) is Sincerity of faith, charity, and struggle for heart purification(Holy Spirit)"

Another way to look at The Trinity is to contrast it with a duality. Add an observer to a duality and you have a Trinity. If you understand the nature of the trinity and how that effects perception, The Singularity becomes obvious. God is that Singularity.

The One.

There can ONLY be One!

Gnosticism is a heresy. Gnostic means "to know". Gnosticism is basically "I'm a pretentious smarty pants know it all overeducated dipshit who is more interested in inflating my own ego than being edifying to others" syndrome. You know, like most atheists who pretend they are scientific about things.

Most gnostics are pagans who worship created things, though getting them to realize this is nearly impossible because it takes a certain level of faith in one's own understanding to be a gnostic.

I don't know!

Say that more often, it's among the best of sayings.

There is only One certainty, God. There is only One salvation, God. The rest? CHAOS. It never ends, it goes on forever. Creation is chaos. God is The Lord of All Worlds, and there are MANY worlds. Just here on Earth! You can even see them if you understand what they are. Mathematical grids, they are.

It's about keeping it real.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:26:13 AM
At 4/19/2016 3:08:59 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
And I'm not going to "admit" to being a fraud to satisfy your understanding or lack there-of.

Cut me some slack, brah.

Seriously, a fraud about what? That doesn't even make sense to me.

You claim to know things about God and yet you can't answer a simple question. Instead of saying "I don't know", you evade by answering "5 tonnes of flax", follow by talking irrelevantly about what he isn't and then telling me about the universe instead. You then resort to definitions of God as if they tell me anything other than what God is conceived to be. This is what makes you a fraud. You pretend to knowledge you don't have.

Do you understand what "singularity" means?

I'll give you a hint, it's not a duality.

Do you know what duality is?

I'll give you a hint, it has to do with discriminating things. It has to do with the way our mind perceives things. It has to do with "this" and "that".

You can't have hot without cold. You can't have truth without falsehood.

Well, God is Truth without and with falsehood. Singularity. Do you dig it? No comparison. Non relative. Immeasurable.

You still haven't answered my question. What substance is God composed of? It has to be something, right? None of the above addresses the question. It is philosophical rambling and therefore irrelevant.

So what I'm trying to get at... Your question is absurd.

Why? If God is an intelligent entity which can think and retain information, then he must be made of something. You can't store information in nothing. So what is God made of?

I'm trying.

No, you dodge at every turn.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 11:12:08 AM
So let me get this straight.. If I don't answer your question the way you want me to, that means I'm full of beans?

You don't know what you are asking. You are asking for a sign, but you will only accept a specific sign. How presumptuous you are.

Your question is absurd. The fact that you are even asking it still at this point shows that you haven't the slightest clue of what I'm talking about, but you seem to be pretty sure that you do.

I'm sure you are going to feel very smug now. I assure you, it isn't because you are on to anything. There is no answer I can give to satisfy what you want. You would rather be fed lies than the truth, and even that isn't really sincere. You are trying to trap me into saying something that isn't true.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 12:17:02 AM
At 4/19/2016 11:12:08 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
So let me get this straight.. If I don't answer your question the way you want me to, that means I'm full of beans?

Evasion is not an honest response. You either say "I don't know" or you tell us what you do know. Instead, despite your constant claims to knowledge about God, you weave and dodge and avoid the question.

You don't know what you are asking. You are asking for a sign, but you will only accept a specific sign. How presumptuous you are.

I have asked nothing about a 'sign'. This is more of your obfuscation. You claim knowledge about God. I am simply asking what substance God is comprised of. How much longer are you going to evade this straightforward question?

Your question is absurd. The fact that you are even asking it still at this point shows that you haven't the slightest clue of what I'm talking about, but you seem to be pretty sure that you do.

Why is my question absurd? It's a perfectly reasonanle question.

I'm sure you are going to feel very smug now. I assure you, it isn't because you are on to anything. There is no answer I can give to satisfy what you want.

Why not? Just tell us that you haven't got a clue. That would satisfy me. You can't do that though because it would expose you as a fraud who claims to know things that he doesn't.

You would rather be fed lies than the truth, and even that isn't really sincere. You are trying to trap me into saying something that isn't true.

Now you turn to ad hominems. I assure you that I want the truth. I can handle the truth. Please tell us the substance which God is made of. You're again implying that you know the truth. I demand the truth. Answer the question.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 12:28:40 AM
Substance and matter are not a meaningful concept when duality collapses.

That's what I'm trying to say.

That said, every type of matter and substance is contained within God, and God is present in all of it.

Really, these concepts become meaningless when duality collapses, and you are talking about The Singularity. This is the truth, and that is why the question itself is absurd.

Forgive me if I'm coming off as impatient, It isn't my intention.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 12:38:11 AM
At 4/19/2016 4:01:00 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:

It makes enough sense to make it in the dictionary and have universal acceptance among theologians from a multitude of faiths.

Here we go again. If the name of an entity is in the dictionary then it must exist according to you. What kind of pathetic reasoning is that? Here:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

Zeus
The supreme god, the son of Cronus (whom he dethroned) and Rhea, and husband of Hera. Zeus was the protector and ruler of humankind, the dispenser of good and evil, and the god of weather and atmospheric phenomena (such as rain and thunder). Roman equivalent Jupiter.

Does Zeus exist?

A definition in a dictionary just reflects common understanding and usage in a population. In fact many words change in meaning over time, eg. the word 'gay'. The fact that you rely on a dictionary entry as an authority is simply ludicrous.

As to agreement amonst theologians, of what possible value is that? Thomas Paine said it best:

"The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion. Not anything can be studied as a science, without our being in possession of the principles upon which it is founded; and as this is the case with Christian theology, it is therefore the study of nothing."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 12:52:54 AM
At 4/20/2016 12:28:40 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
Substance and matter are not a meaningful concept when duality collapses.

This is not an answer. It is an appeal to mysticism. If God exists he must be made of something. What is it?

That's what I'm trying to say.

That said, every type of matter and substance is contained within God, and God is present in all of it.

Still not an answer. I'm asking you what God is made of not what he is present in. You are still evading the question.

Really, these concepts become meaningless when duality collapses, and you are talking about The Singularity. This is the truth, and that is why the question itself is absurd.

Your talk of duality collapsing and singularities is mysticism and therefore irrelevant to my question. What is God made of?

Forgive me if I'm coming off as impatient, It isn't my intention.

Impatient is not the word I would have used. Evasive would be better.
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:47:40 AM
I'm not being evasive. You don't understand the concepts we are talking about, but you are pretending that you do. It is making it difficult to communicate. I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Thomas Paine also said, "I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

A completely understandable point of view to have.

Thomas Paine was perhaps a third the way correct about theology though. It's just as much about the study of everything and one thing as it is about nothing.

Science is contingent on God, and without it, science is arbitrary and fruitless.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 8:19:57 AM
At 4/20/2016 6:47:40 AM, SpiritandTruth wrote:
I'm not being evasive. You don't understand the concepts we are talking about, but you are pretending that you do. It is making it difficult to communicate. I'm not really sure what to tell you.

Firstly, you don't click on "Reply & Quote". Why is that? Do you hope to have the last word with no right of reply?

I understand the concepts I am talking about perfectly. All you need to do is answer the question I asked. How can it be so difficult for you? Here, let me make it even easier.

Q. Is God an intelligent entity? Yes/no.

Q. Does God possess knowledge? Yes/no.

Q. Do you agree that a knowledgeable, intelligent entity must have somewhere to encode/store that knowledge? Yes/no.

Q. If God is composed of something which allows him to store information then he is contingent (dependent) on that something. Yes/no.

Q. Is God composed of something? Yes/no.

Q. Is God contingent (dependent) on anything? Yes/no.

These are simple yes/no questions. Answer them and we'll go from there.

Thomas Paine also said, "I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

So? What does it matter what someone believes and hopes for? Is wishful thinking a virtue?

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Agreed. I fail to see the relevance.

A completely understandable point of view to have.

Yes. Relevance to what I have been asking?

Thomas Paine was perhaps a third the way correct about theology though. It's just as much about the study of everything and one thing as it is about nothing.

Science is contingent on God, and without it, science is arbitrary and fruitless.

Science is not contingent on God. It is the study of the universe. God has nothing to do with it. Stop with your ridiculous, off-topic assertions and answer the questions I have put to you countless times now. Stop being evasive.