Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheism 100% False, with 100% certainty

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:25:44 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I'm afraid your life won't be long enough for you to understand what atheism is.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:32:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:25:44 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I'm afraid your life won't be long enough for you to understand what atheism is.

Yeah it takes several decades to understand that it is a religion.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:34:48 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:32:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:25:44 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I'm afraid your life won't be long enough for you to understand what atheism is.

Yeah it takes several decades to understand that it is a religion.
Another who won't.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
distraff
Posts: 1,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:00:24 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I hate to tell you this but string theory has not actually been confirmed and is still a hypothesis much less this video.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:03:38 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:00:24 AM, distraff wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I hate to tell you this but string theory has not actually been confirmed and is still a hypothesis much less this video.

Believe in science. Go where the evidence leads.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Outplayz
Posts: 1,267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:03:41 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

How do you think this benefits the idea's from any religion? This actually supports my spiritual view, which is atheistic in its essence but supports dualism (material/none-material beings). Atheism is the rejection of god(s). In one part, bc we haven't found any proof, but atheists are also agnostic. You won't hear many say, "i know for certain there is no god." However, you will hear most say, "there is no god as prescribed by any religion we know - those are just stories no different than Harry Potter." I think that is a really intellectually honest position to take, well thought out, and studied.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:05:52 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:00:24 AM, distraff wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I hate to tell you this but string theory has not actually been confirmed and is still a hypothesis much less this video.

Neither has evolution. Still nothing that has changed kind to be observed, tested, or examined, but the atheists are all on board right? That's how that works.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:07:09 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:03:41 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

How do you think this benefits the idea's from any religion? This actually supports my spiritual view, which is atheistic in its essence but supports dualism (material/none-material beings). Atheism is the rejection of god(s). In one part, bc we haven't found any proof, but atheists are also agnostic. You won't hear many say, "i know for certain there is no god." However, you will hear most say, "there is no god as prescribed by any religion we know - those are just stories no different than Harry Potter." I think that is a really intellectually honest position to take, well thought out, and studied.

Christianity doesn't say how He did it, just that He did.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Outplayz
Posts: 1,267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:20:39 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:07:09 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 5:03:41 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

How do you think this benefits the idea's from any religion? This actually supports my spiritual view, which is atheistic in its essence but supports dualism (material/none-material beings). Atheism is the rejection of god(s). In one part, bc we haven't found any proof, but atheists are also agnostic. You won't hear many say, "i know for certain there is no god." However, you will hear most say, "there is no god as prescribed by any religion we know - those are just stories no different than Harry Potter." I think that is a really intellectually honest position to take, well thought out, and studied.

Christianity doesn't say how He did it, just that He did.

Why does it have to be a he? That is so typical of religion to forget women are spiritual beings too. Another thing is... i am pretty sure the very first chapter explains how he did it - i find it a cool correlation to my belief too... but, i will never call myself Christian. What a stupid name... what a worthless word. And, i am not going to say, just bc i like some parts of it, that it must be truth bc some parts ring to my tune. I think i have had this conversation with you... organized religion is poison... but, i believe if it didn't have a label... it would be more of a tool to heal the world. I just can't wait for the first group to remember the world is all filled with "spiritual" beings... Some creating their own hell, and many living for a "heaven." That in the end of the day is how you can spiritually judge people, to understand what we are living for... bc another thing that is not in the Bible is the definition of Heaven. Why? Bc it is subjective to its observer.
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:37:27 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:34:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:32:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:25:44 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I'm afraid your life won't be long enough for you to understand what atheism is.

Yeah it takes several decades to understand that it is a religion.
Another who won't.

Am I supposed to live a short life, o prophet bulproof!
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
distraff
Posts: 1,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 6:59:21 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:05:52 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 5:00:24 AM, distraff wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I hate to tell you this but string theory has not actually been confirmed and is still a hypothesis much less this video.

Neither has evolution. Still nothing that has changed kind to be observed, tested, or examined, but the atheists are all on board right? That's how that works.

So you just admitted that the OP has not actually been confirmed. Well so much for 100% false, 100% certainty.

BTW the theory of evolution is a theory not a hypothesis, you know, like gravity is a theory.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 7:08:17 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:03:38 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 5:00:24 AM, distraff wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I hate to tell you this but string theory has not actually been confirmed and is still a hypothesis much less this video.

Believe in science. Go where the evidence leads.
Which era?
Pandit
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 7:15:21 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Atheism is not False IMO .

Atheism deals and concerns with Material World . The world that we sense through our senses . Anything beyond our Senses can't be true till they are Proven and the Proof or Validity of any object ( in this case GOD ) is highly subjective ^_^ >_< ^_^
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:30:55 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:00:24 AM, distraff wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I hate to tell you this but string theory has not actually been confirmed and is still a hypothesis much less this video.

Even worse than that, string theoreticians are still searching for a testable prediction which, if false, would falsify it.

Such predictions are key to turning a mere conjecture into a testable hypothesis, without which an idea cannot advance to becoming an accepted theory.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:18:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 5:37:27 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:34:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:32:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:25:44 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I'm afraid your life won't be long enough for you to understand what atheism is.

Yeah it takes several decades to understand that it is a religion.
Another who won't.

Am I supposed to live a short life, o prophet bulproof!
Oh no! You could live to be a thousand yrs old, it's your lack of intellect that would prevent you from understanding what atheism is, that and your indoctrination into the culture of ignorance.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Athomos
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:29:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

Gosh, that song in your signature is the apex of tackyness, cornyness and cheesyness.

1000 bucks you didn't understand a thing of what the peculiar scientist said. Which amounts to this: an untested hypothesis that currently has no predictive power and cannot be falsified and even the author seems to be struggling to articulate.

And from a less than six-minute clip which you can't possibly have derived anything resembling a thesis, so vague, generic and cryptic that it was, you jump to the header "Atheism is 100% false"?

Boy, are you desperate.
bigotry
Posts: 1,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:36:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:29:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

Gosh, that song in your signature is the apex of tackyness, cornyness and cheesyness.

1000 bucks you didn't understand a thing of what the peculiar scientist said. Which amounts to this: an untested hypothesis that currently has no predictive power and cannot be falsified and even the author seems to be struggling to articulate.

And from a less than six-minute clip which you can't possibly have derived anything resembling a thesis, so vague, generic and cryptic that it was, you jump to the header "Atheism is 100% false"?


Boy, are you desperate.
Because the other untested hypothesis are so much more attractive...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:39:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.

I do understand what atheism is. It's a belief system, a religion. Iy has taken the place of the old church who considered anyone a heretic for questioning anything or making an assumption that the church leadership didn't like.

Now Atheist priests have taken their place. This is why if you dare question any part of evolution, despite us still never witnessing a change in kind, you are ridiculed and kicked out or blocked from research or grants, etc.

Just like it tweeks the mind of a theist if they hear ideas contrary to their beliefs, it is the same with Atheism. Our Evolution IS right! Our holy books are true!(God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc.) I have shown unsermountable proof of ID to Atheists and watched the same mystifying wall come up that comes up when challenging Islam. Even Atheists have beliefs that they get uncomfortable when challenged. I've seen it a million times. And in my debates on this very forum, I usually see a cordialness with the Atheist. It almost always ends with them insulting me and resorting to name calling. This is obvious proof that we have hit a religious nerve. If it truely all doesn't matter, the Atheist would not get defensive. Bit it does matter to them. For their own unknown reason, they simply do not want or cannot have God existing. It becomes dogmatic. It's a lack of belief is synonymous with I believe God does not exist. It's like me saying I have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist. It's a copout to feel safe and unattackable by creationists. But theists are perfectly aware that atheism is not only a belief, but a belief with very devout followers.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:49:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:39:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.

I do understand what atheism is. It's a belief system, a religion. Iy has taken the place of the old church who considered anyone a heretic for questioning anything or making an assumption that the church leadership didn't like.

Now Atheist priests have taken their place. This is why if you dare question any part of evolution, despite us still never witnessing a change in kind, you are ridiculed and kicked out or blocked from research or grants, etc.

Just like it tweeks the mind of a theist if they hear ideas contrary to their beliefs, it is the same with Atheism. Our Evolution IS right! Our holy books are true!(God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc.) I have shown unsermountable proof of ID to Atheists and watched the same mystifying wall come up that comes up when challenging Islam. Even Atheists have beliefs that they get uncomfortable when challenged. I've seen it a million times. And in my debates on this very forum, I usually see a cordialness with the Atheist. It almost always ends with them insulting me and resorting to name calling. This is obvious proof that we have hit a religious nerve. If it truely all doesn't matter, the Atheist would not get defensive. Bit it does matter to them. For their own unknown reason, they simply do not want or cannot have God existing. It becomes dogmatic. It's a lack of belief is synonymous with I believe God does not exist. It's like me saying I have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist. It's a copout to feel safe and unattackable by creationists. But theists are perfectly aware that atheism is not only a belief, but a belief with very devout followers.

The only people that think that atheists believe all that is theists. It is akin to atheists telling theists what they believe, yet they do not do that. Atheists listen to what theists claim they believe and debate that.

There is discord between people that have different beliefs about religion because those differences create "otherism" (https://grecianandwills.com...).

You feel that Atheists insult you. I'm sure you feel the same about Muslims. I'm sure they feel the same about you. This is not isolated to your experience.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:51:19 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:29:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

Gosh, that song in your signature is the apex of tackyness, cornyness and cheesyness.

1000 bucks you didn't understand a thing of what the peculiar scientist said. Which amounts to this: an untested hypothesis that currently has no predictive power and cannot be falsified and even the author seems to be struggling to articulate.

And from a less than six-minute clip which you can't possibly have derived anything resembling a thesis, so vague, generic and cryptic that it was, you jump to the header "Atheism is 100% false"?


Boy, are you desperate.

Sure I do. The construct of our universe can be equated to Hammin's code, a self correcting, or error correcting code that uses patterns of 1's and 0's in its construct. But the Atheist is so dogmatic that they show their hand as you are. This is personal for you. It's not about evidence. I just showed you evidence. Notice you didn't just spring to joy by the posdibility of ID being true. You went the other way. This is proof that Atheism is a religion, a desire, fsith in things hoped for. In reality, evidence doesn't matter. Why? Because you have some need that only you know for God to not exist and never enter your reality.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Athomos
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:54:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:32:16 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:25:44 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

I'm afraid your life won't be long enough for you to understand what atheism is.

Yeah it takes several decades to understand that it is a religion.

Gasping at straws trying to understand the straightforward concept of not believing certain claims. And you say it took you several decades?

Poor you.
Athomos
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:57:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:51:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:29:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

Gosh, that song in your signature is the apex of tackyness, cornyness and cheesyness.

1000 bucks you didn't understand a thing of what the peculiar scientist said. Which amounts to this: an untested hypothesis that currently has no predictive power and cannot be falsified and even the author seems to be struggling to articulate.

And from a less than six-minute clip which you can't possibly have derived anything resembling a thesis, so vague, generic and cryptic that it was, you jump to the header "Atheism is 100% false"?


Boy, are you desperate.

Sure I do. The construct of our universe can be equated to Hammin's code, a self correcting, or error correcting code that uses patterns of 1's and 0's in its construct. But the Atheist is so dogmatic that they show their hand as you are. This is personal for you. It's not about evidence. I just showed you evidence. Notice you didn't just spring to joy by the posdibility of ID being true. You went the other way. This is proof that Atheism is a religion, a desire, fsith in things hoped for. In reality, evidence doesn't matter. Why? Because you have some need that only you know for God to not exist and never enter your reality.

First off, you don't even know what my stance on the topic is.
Secondly, it seems - which doesn't exactly surprise me - you're not aware of the concept of anti-theism.

Is it really too much to ask of you to do the most basic research before opening your mouth?

Yes, I guess it is.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 3:57:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:49:55 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:39:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.

I do understand what atheism is. It's a belief system, a religion. Iy has taken the place of the old church who considered anyone a heretic for questioning anything or making an assumption that the church leadership didn't like.

Now Atheist priests have taken their place. This is why if you dare question any part of evolution, despite us still never witnessing a change in kind, you are ridiculed and kicked out or blocked from research or grants, etc.

Just like it tweeks the mind of a theist if they hear ideas contrary to their beliefs, it is the same with Atheism. Our Evolution IS right! Our holy books are true!(God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc.) I have shown unsermountable proof of ID to Atheists and watched the same mystifying wall come up that comes up when challenging Islam. Even Atheists have beliefs that they get uncomfortable when challenged. I've seen it a million times. And in my debates on this very forum, I usually see a cordialness with the Atheist. It almost always ends with them insulting me and resorting to name calling. This is obvious proof that we have hit a religious nerve. If it truely all doesn't matter, the Atheist would not get defensive. Bit it does matter to them. For their own unknown reason, they simply do not want or cannot have God existing. It becomes dogmatic. It's a lack of belief is synonymous with I believe God does not exist. It's like me saying I have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist. It's a copout to feel safe and unattackable by creationists. But theists are perfectly aware that atheism is not only a belief, but a belief with very devout followers.

The only people that think that atheists believe all that is theists. It is akin to atheists telling theists what they believe, yet they do not do that. Atheists listen to what theists claim they believe and debate that.

There is discord between people that have different beliefs about religion because those differences create "otherism" (https://grecianandwills.com...).

You feel that Atheists insult you. I'm sure you feel the same about Muslims. I'm sure they feel the same about you. This is not isolated to your experience.

I don't feel insulted. Usually I'm actually amused. I find it interesting to watch the irreligious enter the very forum they claim to renounce. It's personal. I'm studying the psychology of it, and find it very interesting. I conclude that this is not about evidence at all, but the desire for there to be no creator. Now I wonder, whst is that motive? Dad wasn't there growing up? God didn't magically answer a prayer? Dad was abusive or sexually inappropriate so I manifest this dark psychological force onto "God"? It could be a lot of things.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:01:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:57:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:49:55 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:39:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.

I do understand what atheism is. It's a belief system, a religion. Iy has taken the place of the old church who considered anyone a heretic for questioning anything or making an assumption that the church leadership didn't like.

Now Atheist priests have taken their place. This is why if you dare question any part of evolution, despite us still never witnessing a change in kind, you are ridiculed and kicked out or blocked from research or grants, etc.

Just like it tweeks the mind of a theist if they hear ideas contrary to their beliefs, it is the same with Atheism. Our Evolution IS right! Our holy books are true!(God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc.) I have shown unsermountable proof of ID to Atheists and watched the same mystifying wall come up that comes up when challenging Islam. Even Atheists have beliefs that they get uncomfortable when challenged. I've seen it a million times. And in my debates on this very forum, I usually see a cordialness with the Atheist. It almost always ends with them insulting me and resorting to name calling. This is obvious proof that we have hit a religious nerve. If it truely all doesn't matter, the Atheist would not get defensive. Bit it does matter to them. For their own unknown reason, they simply do not want or cannot have God existing. It becomes dogmatic. It's a lack of belief is synonymous with I believe God does not exist. It's like me saying I have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist. It's a copout to feel safe and unattackable by creationists. But theists are perfectly aware that atheism is not only a belief, but a belief with very devout followers.

The only people that think that atheists believe all that is theists. It is akin to atheists telling theists what they believe, yet they do not do that. Atheists listen to what theists claim they believe and debate that.

There is discord between people that have different beliefs about religion because those differences create "otherism" (https://grecianandwills.com...).

You feel that Atheists insult you. I'm sure you feel the same about Muslims. I'm sure they feel the same about you. This is not isolated to your experience.

I don't feel insulted. Usually I'm actually amused. I find it interesting to watch the irreligious enter the very forum they claim to renounce. It's personal. I'm studying the psychology of it, and find it very interesting. I conclude that this is not about evidence at all, but the desire for there to be no creator. Now I wonder, whst is that motive? Dad wasn't there growing up? God didn't magically answer a prayer? Dad was abusive or sexually inappropriate so I manifest this dark psychological force onto "God"? It could be a lot of things.

When I was a Christian, I used to think that atheists were angry at god. It was hard for me to grasp that they simply dismissed something that was so "obvious" to me.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:01:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 3:57:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:51:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:29:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

Gosh, that song in your signature is the apex of tackyness, cornyness and cheesyness.

1000 bucks you didn't understand a thing of what the peculiar scientist said. Which amounts to this: an untested hypothesis that currently has no predictive power and cannot be falsified and even the author seems to be struggling to articulate.

And from a less than six-minute clip which you can't possibly have derived anything resembling a thesis, so vague, generic and cryptic that it was, you jump to the header "Atheism is 100% false"?


Boy, are you desperate.

Sure I do. The construct of our universe can be equated to Hammin's code, a self correcting, or error correcting code that uses patterns of 1's and 0's in its construct. But the Atheist is so dogmatic that they show their hand as you are. This is personal for you. It's not about evidence. I just showed you evidence. Notice you didn't just spring to joy by the posdibility of ID being true. You went the other way. This is proof that Atheism is a religion, a desire, fsith in things hoped for. In reality, evidence doesn't matter. Why? Because you have some need that only you know for God to not exist and never enter your reality.

First off, you don't even know what my stance on the topic is.
Secondly, it seems - which doesn't exactly surprise me - you're not aware of the concept of anti-theism.

Is it really too much to ask of you to do the most basic research before opening your mouth?

Yes, I guess it is.

Your original responses were evident of your beliefs.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Athomos
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:05:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:01:41 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:57:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:51:19 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:29:32 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

Gosh, that song in your signature is the apex of tackyness, cornyness and cheesyness.

1000 bucks you didn't understand a thing of what the peculiar scientist said. Which amounts to this: an untested hypothesis that currently has no predictive power and cannot be falsified and even the author seems to be struggling to articulate.

And from a less than six-minute clip which you can't possibly have derived anything resembling a thesis, so vague, generic and cryptic that it was, you jump to the header "Atheism is 100% false"?


Boy, are you desperate.

Sure I do. The construct of our universe can be equated to Hammin's code, a self correcting, or error correcting code that uses patterns of 1's and 0's in its construct. But the Atheist is so dogmatic that they show their hand as you are. This is personal for you. It's not about evidence. I just showed you evidence. Notice you didn't just spring to joy by the posdibility of ID being true. You went the other way. This is proof that Atheism is a religion, a desire, fsith in things hoped for. In reality, evidence doesn't matter. Why? Because you have some need that only you know for God to not exist and never enter your reality.

First off, you don't even know what my stance on the topic is.
Secondly, it seems - which doesn't exactly surprise me - you're not aware of the concept of anti-theism.

Is it really too much to ask of you to do the most basic research before opening your mouth?

Yes, I guess it is.

Your original responses were evident of your beliefs.

Says the individual who cannot the grasp the simple concept of Atheism to this day.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 4:05:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:01:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:57:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:49:55 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:39:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.

I do understand what atheism is. It's a belief system, a religion. Iy has taken the place of the old church who considered anyone a heretic for questioning anything or making an assumption that the church leadership didn't like.

Now Atheist priests have taken their place. This is why if you dare question any part of evolution, despite us still never witnessing a change in kind, you are ridiculed and kicked out or blocked from research or grants, etc.

Just like it tweeks the mind of a theist if they hear ideas contrary to their beliefs, it is the same with Atheism. Our Evolution IS right! Our holy books are true!(God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc.) I have shown unsermountable proof of ID to Atheists and watched the same mystifying wall come up that comes up when challenging Islam. Even Atheists have beliefs that they get uncomfortable when challenged. I've seen it a million times. And in my debates on this very forum, I usually see a cordialness with the Atheist. It almost always ends with them insulting me and resorting to name calling. This is obvious proof that we have hit a religious nerve. If it truely all doesn't matter, the Atheist would not get defensive. Bit it does matter to them. For their own unknown reason, they simply do not want or cannot have God existing. It becomes dogmatic. It's a lack of belief is synonymous with I believe God does not exist. It's like me saying I have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist. It's a copout to feel safe and unattackable by creationists. But theists are perfectly aware that atheism is not only a belief, but a belief with very devout followers.

The only people that think that atheists believe all that is theists. It is akin to atheists telling theists what they believe, yet they do not do that. Atheists listen to what theists claim they believe and debate that.

There is discord between people that have different beliefs about religion because those differences create "otherism" (https://grecianandwills.com...).

You feel that Atheists insult you. I'm sure you feel the same about Muslims. I'm sure they feel the same about you. This is not isolated to your experience.

I don't feel insulted. Usually I'm actually amused. I find it interesting to watch the irreligious enter the very forum they claim to renounce. It's personal. I'm studying the psychology of it, and find it very interesting. I conclude that this is not about evidence at all, but the desire for there to be no creator. Now I wonder, whst is that motive? Dad wasn't there growing up? God didn't magically answer a prayer? Dad was abusive or sexually inappropriate so I manifest this dark psychological force onto "God"? It could be a lot of things.

When I was a Christian, I used to think that atheists were angry at god. It was hard for me to grasp that they simply dismissed something that was so "obvious" to me.

If it were truely just a neutral dismissal, the example of Hammin's code would have been viewed as hmmmmm.... as opposed to "that stupid, naive bronto." Atheists see evidence, but instead of a "hmmm...interesting...." approach, it is met with resistance at all costs. This shows motive. Motive shows untouchable and infallable beliefs.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:17:16 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 4:05:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:01:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:57:55 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:49:55 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:39:05 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 3:11:12 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 4/19/2016 4:21:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
James Gates, U.S. Science Adviser

http://youtu.be...

You do not fully understand what atheism is.

The term "god" is defined as a supernatural personality that intervenes in the daily lives of humans, rewards good and punishes bad. That is what atheists do not believe in.

Not all atheists believe that consciousness only exists in our minds, which means they would fall outside your assertion.

I do understand what atheism is. It's a belief system, a religion. Iy has taken the place of the old church who considered anyone a heretic for questioning anything or making an assumption that the church leadership didn't like.

Now Atheist priests have taken their place. This is why if you dare question any part of evolution, despite us still never witnessing a change in kind, you are ridiculed and kicked out or blocked from research or grants, etc.

Just like it tweeks the mind of a theist if they hear ideas contrary to their beliefs, it is the same with Atheism. Our Evolution IS right! Our holy books are true!(God Delusion, God is Not Great, etc.) I have shown unsermountable proof of ID to Atheists and watched the same mystifying wall come up that comes up when challenging Islam. Even Atheists have beliefs that they get uncomfortable when challenged. I've seen it a million times. And in my debates on this very forum, I usually see a cordialness with the Atheist. It almost always ends with them insulting me and resorting to name calling. This is obvious proof that we have hit a religious nerve. If it truely all doesn't matter, the Atheist would not get defensive. Bit it does matter to them. For their own unknown reason, they simply do not want or cannot have God existing. It becomes dogmatic. It's a lack of belief is synonymous with I believe God does not exist. It's like me saying I have a lack of belief that God doesn't exist. It's a copout to feel safe and unattackable by creationists. But theists are perfectly aware that atheism is not only a belief, but a belief with very devout followers.

The only people that think that atheists believe all that is theists. It is akin to atheists telling theists what they believe, yet they do not do that. Atheists listen to what theists claim they believe and debate that.

There is discord between people that have different beliefs about religion because those differences create "otherism" (https://grecianandwills.com...).

You feel that Atheists insult you. I'm sure you feel the same about Muslims. I'm sure they feel the same about you. This is not isolated to your experience.

I don't feel insulted. Usually I'm actually amused. I find it interesting to watch the irreligious enter the very forum they claim to renounce. It's personal. I'm studying the psychology of it, and find it very interesting. I conclude that this is not about evidence at all, but the desire for there to be no creator. Now I wonder, whst is that motive? Dad wasn't there growing up? God didn't magically answer a prayer? Dad was abusive or sexually inappropriate so I manifest this dark psychological force onto "God"? It could be a lot of things.

When I was a Christian, I used to think that atheists were angry at god. It was hard for me to grasp that they simply dismissed something that was so "obvious" to me.

If it were truely just a neutral dismissal, the example of Hammin's code would have been viewed as hmmmmm.... as opposed to "that stupid, naive bronto." Atheists see evidence, but instead of a "hmmm...interesting...." approach, it is met with resistance at all costs. This shows motive. Motive shows untouchable and infallable beliefs.

There is no evidence the bible is to be believed. I have seen all the information and links you have provided. I already know all that because I was a Christian who studied the bible and all the arguments in favor of. Then I studied all the arguments against and here I am. I have reviewed the evidence on both sides and the side for religion is left wanting.