Total Posts:303|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

A question for all fornicators

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.

Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:27:43 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Looking for your answer madman, since you are a confessed fornicator.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:37:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Sense: this post makes none.

If you have an itch and you scratch it, are you a 'slave' to your body?

I fail to see engaging in any form of intimacy with your wife or husband is some how different than any other individual with regards to this OP.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:40:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

So how come you struggled with adultery as a self confessed serial adulterer and sexual pervert. You ended up with several divorces and abandoned your children and family and now live alone with a dog because no human wants to be near you.

Here is a chronology of your broken marriages you proudly posted to impress your fidelity to Jehovah and the sanctity of marriage.

Your wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:54:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:27:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Looking for your answer madman, since you are a confessed fornicator.

Ex-fornicator, there is a whole world of difference.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:55:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:37:12 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.


Sense: this post makes none.

If you have an itch and you scratch it, are you a 'slave' to your body?

Yes, because you could always resist the urge.


I fail to see engaging in any form of intimacy with your wife or husband is some how different than any other individual with regards to this OP.

That depends on the act involved.

Obviously I speak, as I always do, purely from a scriptural viewpoint.
PureX
Posts: 1,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:55:58 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

I am always somewhat amazed by the persistence of the extremist's reasoning. And the automatic assumption that the only alternatives in life are always the most extreme. In this case, that we must either be "enslaved" to our physical desires or dominate them absolutely. When in reality, neither of these conditions are the norm, nor are they a reasonable goal. As the vast majority of human beings experience and strive for a positive functional balance between these two extremes. As is likewise the case with nearly all other aspects of our lives.

Yet the extremists among us never consider the ideal of a positive functional balance. And instead, they perceive everything through the lens of opposing extremes. And it's a trait that western religions tend to exploit for their own gain. And it's a trait that puts people in a state of constant contention with themselves, others, and the world in general.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:56:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:40:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

So how come you struggled with adultery as a self confessed serial adulterer and sexual pervert. You ended up with several divorces and abandoned your children and family and now live alone with a dog because no human wants to be near you.


Here is a chronology of your broken marriages you proudly posted to impress your fidelity to Jehovah and the sanctity of marriage.

Your wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.

I have never said I was proud of my failures, just honest about them.

You should try honesty sometimes you might even enjoy it. You never know until you try.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 1:58:30 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:55:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:37:12 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.


Sense: this post makes none.

If you have an itch and you scratch it, are you a 'slave' to your body?

Yes, because you could always resist the urge.

There are a lot of urges you could resist in general that you experience, why does some how indulging one some how turn you into a slave?


I fail to see engaging in any form of intimacy with your wife or husband is some how different than any other individual with regards to this OP.

That depends on the act involved.

Well "fornication", so I am assuming we are talking about sex on some level.

Obviously I speak, as I always do, purely from a scriptural viewpoint.

I know, and that is why this doesn't make sense as a point of contention.

You are framing fornicators as a slave to bodily urges and lust. Fornicators being those that are not married or engage in sex out of wedlock.

How would indulging those urges with your wife or husband make you any less of a slave?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Chaosism
Posts: 2,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:01:57 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

(a) As another said, why are these extremes the only possibilities?

(b) How would you suggest becoming the master of those desires? By placing faith in Jehovah? How would that work?

(c) Do you believe that it's impossible to be in equally full control without faith in Jehovah?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:15:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:56:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:40:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

So how come you struggled with adultery as a self confessed serial adulterer and sexual pervert. You ended up with several divorces and abandoned your children and family and now live alone with a dog because no human wants to be near you.


Here is a chronology of your broken marriages you proudly posted to impress your fidelity to Jehovah and the sanctity of marriage.

Your wrote:

Marriage 1 lasted 9 years

a gap of about 8 months then:

Marriage 2 lasted 6 months and was a rebound thing.

a gap of 6 years and then:

Marriage 3, the remarriage to my first wife lasted 9 years again.

A gap of about 3 months, and then:

Marriage 4 lasted for 6 years, even though it too was a probably a rebound mistake.

At least there will have been a gap of about

I think I have got over marriages 1 and 2 now, and definitely over 4. 14 years between marriage 4 and marriage 5.

I have never said I was proud of my failures, just honest about them.

You should try honesty sometimes you might even enjoy it. You never know until you try.

What good is your honesty when you left a trail of exploited victims, broken lives, broken promised, failures, failed father, failed husband, failed Jehovah's Witnesses member by living a despicable life and remain unapologetic for the damage you caused. And here you are preaching to better humans than you will ever be.

Here is a recap of your confessed shortcomings.

You remain divorced after 4 marriages and your children ignores you.
You remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW elders.
You engaged in unnatural sexual acts and called yourself a serial adulterer.
You remain financially strapped, your fund raising attempts all failed.
You are still on medication for your suicidal depressions.
You are now physically handicapped and live on disability assistance.
You haven't been laid in 15 years.
You live alone with a dog.
You turned to Jehovah,but your government handouts are paying your bills.
You are 67 and do not have any employable skills besides being too old to work.
You think jesus was an angel. Everyone knows he was a Jewish carpenters son.
You pray to Jehovah a meaningless name in the English language.
Last we heard you were raising money for a motorcycle because your old one had to be scrapped.
You failed to raise money on Gofundme.com so you could join Imelda after trying for several years.
You were looking for relationships on a free dating service Mingle2.com while still committed to marry Imelda.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:24:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:01:57 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

(a) As another said, why are these extremes the only possibilities?

Because right is right, and wrong is wrong, there are no grey areas when it comes to jehovah's commands. There are only Mercy, Justice, or a blend of the two.


(b) How would you suggest becoming the master of those desires? By placing faith in Jehovah? How would that work?

Because self control is a fruit of Jehovah's spirit. Galatians 5:21-23.

Do you honestly believe Jehovah won;t help those who rely on him to do so?

You fake version of God sounds worse every time you post.


(c) Do you believe that it's impossible to be in equally full control without faith in Jehovah?

Not for most people, Satan is too strong and we are too weak, we need Jehovah's help. That is why he asks us to rely on him and gain strength from him.

As Paul said:

2 Corinthians 4:7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God"s and not from us.

Or to put it another way, Jehovah uses what is weak so that his power stands out more clearly.

Hence also 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God"s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers. and extortioners will not inherit God"s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

I suppose I should be grateful that your knowledge of scripture is so poor that you ask questions that even a child JW can answer.

At least you give me reason to reply, and to demonstrate the power beyond normal that Jehovah gives me not least to recall the scriptures I need, when I need them.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:26:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:54:09 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:27:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Looking for your answer madman, since you are a confessed fornicator.

Ex-fornicator, there is a whole world of difference.
You can only be a fornicator who no longer indulges, once a fornicator always a fornicator.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:38:32 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:58:30 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:55:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:37:12 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.


Sense: this post makes none.

If you have an itch and you scratch it, are you a 'slave' to your body?

Yes, because you could always resist the urge.

There are a lot of urges you could resist in general that you experience, why does some how indulging one some how turn you into a slave?

As Paul said, what you obey you are a slave to.

Of course some impulses, some urges may be right ones, and if you obey them you are a slave to the good, as Paul says:

Romans 6:12-16
12 Therefore, do not let sin continue to rule as king in your mortal bodies so that you should obey their desires. 13 Neither go on presenting your bodies to sin as weapons of unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, also your bodies to God as weapons of righteousness. 14 For sin must not be master over you, seeing that you are not under law but under undeserved kindness.
15 What follows? Are we to commit a sin because we are not under law but under undeserved kindness? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?



I fail to see engaging in any form of intimacy with your wife or husband is some how different than any other individual with regards to this OP.

That depends on the act involved.

Well "fornication", so I am assuming we are talking about sex on some level.

Yes scripturally sex outside of the one man one woman marriage bond.


Obviously I speak, as I always do, purely from a scriptural viewpoint.

I know, and that is why this doesn't make sense as a point of contention.

That is why it makes perfect sense, because it is God,'s judgement at the hands of his son that will determine whether or not we get the eternal life that is promised to the faithful.

When you take an exam you try to please the examiner do you not?

We are all to be examined in due time.


You are framing fornicators as a slave to bodily urges and lust. Fornicators being those that are not married or engage in sex out of wedlock.

Yes, though it can also apply inside the marriage bond, since as Paul points out a marriage partner is subject to the wishes of their partner, not to their own desires.

Therefore forcing a wife or husband to have sex even in permitted forms still counts as fornication.


How would indulging those urges with your wife or husband make you any less of a slave?

It doesn't but it makes you a slave to the good, not to the bad.

we are all slaves to something whatever we like to think.

Some to alcohol, some to tobacco or even just the "nicotine fix" of electronic cigarettes.

I strive, with varying degrees of success, to be a slave to righteousness.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:42:22 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:24:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 2:01:57 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

(a) As another said, why are these extremes the only possibilities?

Because right is right, and wrong is wrong, there are no grey areas when it comes to jehovah's commands. There are only Mercy, Justice, or a blend of the two.

That doesn't address the "slave/master" dichotomy you proposed, which is all that was being questioned. Can't people have differing levels of control over how they are influenced by their desires?

(b) How would you suggest becoming the master of those desires? By placing faith in Jehovah? How would that work?

Because self control is a fruit of Jehovah's spirit. Galatians 5:21-23.

Do you honestly believe Jehovah won;t help those who rely on him to do so?

You fake version of God sounds worse every time you post.

What fake version? I only asked some questions, and I didn't intend for any of these questions to be condescending. Basically, would Jehovah essentially bolster one's willpower to overcome said desires?

(c) Do you believe that it's impossible to be in equally full control without faith in Jehovah?

Not for most people, Satan is too strong and we are too weak, we need Jehovah's help. That is why he asks us to rely on him and gain strength from him.

As Paul said:

2 Corinthians 4:7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God"s and not from us.

Or to put it another way, Jehovah uses what is weak so that his power stands out more clearly.

Hence also 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God"s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers. and extortioners will not inherit God"s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

I suppose I should be grateful that your knowledge of scripture is so poor that you ask questions that even a child JW can answer.

But those scriptures don't answer that question, they just generally address that topic.

At least you give me reason to reply, and to demonstrate the power beyond normal that Jehovah gives me not least to recall the scriptures I need, when I need them.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:46:47 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.


Sense: this post makes none.

If you have an itch and you scratch it, are you a 'slave' to your body?

Yes, because you could always resist the urge.

There are a lot of urges you could resist in general that you experience, why does some how indulging one some how turn you into a slave?

As Paul said, what you obey you are a slave to. Of course some impulses, some urges may be right ones, and if you obey them you are a slave to the good, as Paul says:

Romans 6:12-16
12 Therefore, do not let sin continue to rule as king in your mortal bodies so that you should obey their desires. 13 Neither go on presenting your bodies to sin as weapons of unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, also your bodies to God as weapons of righteousness. 14 For sin must not be master over you, seeing that you are not under law but under undeserved kindness.
15 What follows? Are we to commit a sin because we are not under law but under undeserved kindness? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?


Obviously I speak, as I always do, purely from a scriptural viewpoint.

I know, and that is why this doesn't make sense as a point of contention.

That is why it makes perfect sense, because it is God,'s judgement ...

Full stop. No, this doesn't make "perfect sense" at all. Slavery is immoral or not? Are you stating we should be slaves to anything or not? Pick a paradigm.

at the hands of his son that will determine whether or not we get the eternal life that is promised to the faithful. When you take an exam you try to please the examiner do you not? We are all to be examined in due time.

Typically, examiners aren't judging you on their own criteria, and typically exams comport to a reality. In this case, neither seems to be true.


You are framing fornicators as a slave to bodily urges and lust. Fornicators being those that are not married or engage in sex out of wedlock.

Yes, though it can also apply inside the marriage bond, since as Paul points out a marriage partner is subject to the wishes of their partner, not to their own desires. Therefore forcing a wife or husband to have sex even in permitted forms still counts as fornication.


How would indulging those urges with your wife or husband make you any less of a slave?

It doesn't but it makes you a slave to the good, not to the bad. we are all slaves to something whatever we like to think. Some to alcohol, some to tobacco or even just the "nicotine fix" of electronic cigarettes. I strive, with varying degrees of success, to be a slave to righteousness.

Arbitrary distinction is arbitrary. Slavery is slavery, and you are touting it as something to be avoided, but then heralding it when it suits your agenda, that being you are declaring at sometimes, slavery to be moral, and at others, immoral.

That is a totally illogical set up, and one you are claiming is copacetic with God, which in turn would make God illogical.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
tarantula
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:48:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

What a nasty bigot you are.

Gay or straight sex is NORMAL, and should be enjoyed providing you are in an adult consenting relationship and not cheating on a partner.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 3:31:50 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:27:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Looking for your answer madman, since you are a confessed fornicator.

+1
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 3:36:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:38:32 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
since as Paul points out
He was as queer as a three pound note, he had no authority to comment on marriage and is therefore full of shite.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:28:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:48:02 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

What a nasty bigot you are.

Gay or straight sex is NORMAL, and should be enjoyed providing you are in an adult consenting relationship and not cheating on a partner.

Oh, c'mon. Homosexual sex would hardly be considered normal.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:32:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Your preaching doesn't count for much when the only reason you slowed down or quit is that you got too old, infirm, and undesirable to be participating in it. And I'd bet the bank that at least part of the reason that you got kicked out of the BotchTower was related to your sexual mishaps.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:01:38 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

This question illustrates the weirdness of religion. I am so glad that garbage is in my past.

Interesting side note - in some studies, Christian men actually view pornography more than non-religious men.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:05:29 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 5:32:34 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Your preaching doesn't count for much when the only reason you slowed down or quit is that you got too old, infirm, and undesirable to be participating in it. And I'd bet the bank that at least part of the reason that you got kicked out of the BotchTower was related to your sexual mishaps.

My preaching counts as what it is since I preach Jehovah's word with the aid of holy spirit.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:06:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 3:31:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:27:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Looking for your answer madman, since you are a confessed fornicator.

+1

Ex fornicator.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:08:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:48:02 PM, tarantula wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

What a nasty bigot you are.

Gay or straight sex is NORMAL, and should be enjoyed providing you are in an adult consenting relationship and not cheating on a partner.

If I am, then so is the One True God since it is his law I teach from.

I am sure he will be happy to know your opinion of him.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:14:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 2:42:22 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/20/2016 2:24:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 2:01:57 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

(a) As another said, why are these extremes the only possibilities?

Because right is right, and wrong is wrong, there are no grey areas when it comes to jehovah's commands. There are only Mercy, Justice, or a blend of the two.

That doesn't address the "slave/master" dichotomy you proposed, which is all that was being questioned. Can't people have differing levels of control over how they are influenced by their desires?

No.

How we are influenced by our desires is part of inherited sin.

We can control how we respond to those desires if we rely on Jehovah to help us, simple as.


(b) How would you suggest becoming the master of those desires? By placing faith in Jehovah? How would that work?

Because self control is a fruit of Jehovah's spirit. Galatians 5:21-23.

Do you honestly believe Jehovah won;t help those who rely on him to do so?

You fake version of God sounds worse every time you post.

What fake version? I only asked some questions, and I didn't intend for any of these questions to be condescending. Basically, would Jehovah essentially bolster one's willpower to overcome said desires?

I never said you did intend anything

Your fake version, the utilitarian version which does not exist, and which dishonours both Jehovah and his only begotten son.


(c) Do you believe that it's impossible to be in equally full control without faith in Jehovah?

Not for most people, Satan is too strong and we are too weak, we need Jehovah's help. That is why he asks us to rely on him and gain strength from him.

As Paul said:

2 Corinthians 4:7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God"s and not from us.

Or to put it another way, Jehovah uses what is weak so that his power stands out more clearly.

Hence also 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God"s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers. and extortioners will not inherit God"s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

I suppose I should be grateful that your knowledge of scripture is so poor that you ask questions that even a child JW can answer.

But those scriptures don't answer that question, they just generally address that topic.

And provide the principles which answer the question.


At least you give me reason to reply, and to demonstrate the power beyond normal that Jehovah gives me not least to recall the scriptures I need, when I need them.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:24:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

A slave. After all, your bible condones slavery.
To believe is to know nothing.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:25:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 7:06:34 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 3:31:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:27:43 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Looking for your answer madman, since you are a confessed fornicator.

+1

Ex fornicator.

Ex Jehovah's Witness.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:28:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

If the Kingdom of God be in you then you are not the judge of what is good for you, but that doesn"t mean you don"t discern what is for or against what is good for you. If the Kingdom of God isn"t with you what is good for you usually is according to one"s own judgement, and then one discerns what is for or against what good for one"s self according to one"s own judgement. There are other circumstances that fit the no Kingdom of God but that could take days.

So to keep it short you seek to condemn those who by Christian understanding is condemned already. And since one was born into condemnation before receiving Salvation why would you ask others of your own experiences. You know what it"s like to be a sinner, why ask others what you already know?
Athomos
Posts: 401
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 7:29:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/20/2016 7:05:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 4/20/2016 5:32:34 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 4/20/2016 1:21:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And that includes homosexuals lesbians and Bi-sexuals.


Which would you prefer to be.

The slave of your body and it's desires?

Or the master of it, controlling or subduing those desire.

It truly is that simple.

Your preaching doesn't count for much when the only reason you slowed down or quit is that you got too old, infirm, and undesirable to be participating in it. And I'd bet the bank that at least part of the reason that you got kicked out of the BotchTower was related to your sexual mishaps.

My preaching counts as what it is since I preach Jehovah's word with the aid of holy spirit.

Boy, you claiming the Holy Spirit is aiding you just cracks me up.

If jumbled up logic, inept reasoning, constant denial of well-established scientific and historical facts is where the supposed help of the Creator of the Universe has been leading you to, I'd try softball instead if I were you.